Bill Hicks

What's Yea Forums's opinion of him? Who should I watch instead of or aswell as him?

Attached: 110216bhicks.jpg (630x400, 91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r2xsldBHsbA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I think he was very based. The last true based comedian.

when i was like 12 i thought he was cool

Seems edgy to 13yr olds
When you grow up you see through him
Glad he died though so he went out consistent

reddit the comedian

Attached: f6ea0480d7228d01e20bf39aefe68dac.jpg (640x640, 65K)

What comedians do you guys watch now?

Not funny. "Comedians" who just get on stage and rant and whine are shit.

He put in the hard yards in his fucking teens doing comedy late at night in clubs and bars
Not all of his material is "dude society bro".
I totally understand how you can hate his later more recognized material but you can't fault the entirety of his comedy career.

youtube.com/watch?v=r2xsldBHsbA

I'm glad he is dead

he really knew how to play into the edgy youth audience. big market in that.

Like most comedians, you don’t really laugh at the stuff he says, but you like it kinda.

but sometimes he yells his political opinions, that's pretty good comedy right

Hit or miss, as far as "funny" goes. Some of his stuff is epic, but he shit the bed onstage a lot, too. But he was one of those comics that loved clearing a room if the crowd was against him, and took pride in it, which is epic to watch in person - he was one of those dudes who hated most of his audience, so he didn't give a fuck if you laughed or not. I've seen two comics do that in person - it's fucking hilarious.
But he died young, so he's somewhat overrated. Which is to be expected - and to be 100% honest, he's one of the few comics who's albums I still listen to once in a while.
I'll throw myself under the bus - I liked Denis Leary once upon a time, but I hadn't heard Hicks. Once I heard the real source of Leary's act, I haven't given that stealing cocksucker another second of attention.

im bill hicks

>epic
>epic again

Attached: 1362134244754.png (212x218, 53K)

>Nobody cares
>Nobody cares again

He is Alex Jones and if you ask him about it he loses his CIA psycho-programming temporarily and goes into an identity-crisis rage

demi lardner

Alter ego of John Larroquette

Aside from the existentialism his bits were clever and hilarious for the time, he was very much a comic's comic, ahead of his time (he'd probably be an edgier Gervais now).

The stuff about healthy living, etc is still hilarious; even more so since it killed him.

Who is this guy? People used to have him on their walls at uni.

holy cringe. This guy has always rubbed me the wrong way, I was never able to take him seriously long enough to watch any of his sets, even when I was an edgy teenager

Check out Infowars.

Milquetoast imitation of Carlin, never understood his appeal tbqh.

Tom Segura and Dave Chappelle are the top 2 alive imo

>tom segura
>best alive
Any rando at the comedy cellar can kill 10 times as hard

burr, norm, jeselnik, segura, swardson, santino, bobby lee (podcast only)

Just out of curiosity, how many of them have you actually seen in a club? And be honest. A podcast isn't the same thing as an actual live act.

i only meant bobby lee as podcast only, he's much better in long form stream of consciousness. i've actually seen burr, santino, and norm live. and louis and chris rock, forgot to mention them.

I've seen burr before and he was really good. There weren't many parts where he had me dying like he does in his specials but it was worth the 50 dollar second row seat.

That being said Virzi before him killed it.

funny

Hicksfags will defend this

Attached: D14AFDB8-3FB2-4672-9393-8F47CA8C0377.jpg (599x600, 72K)

this