Why was he so naive as to actually believe that a program loved him?

why was he so naive as to actually believe that a program loved him?

Attached: 1541918814054.jpg (1600x1600, 189K)

why are we so naive as to actually believe that a real woman will love us?

blackpilled again

Attached: 1564964005435.jpg (600x600, 133K)

I've never experienced anything

Attached: 1565070658111.jpg (620x500, 212K)

But he must have known.
It's been a while since I saw the movie, but what changed when he saw that ad? was it that he'd been naive in the past, or was it simply him realizing that there's something real out there worth fighting for.

That scene hits hard because everyone has that "How could I be so dumb?" moment

Attached: 1550105328896.jpg (893x767, 81K)

If it makes you feel any better, women don't love any man except maybe their father or son, not even Chad.

Attached: 1516213351693.jpg (1013x1680, 405K)

Fuck off you bitter fucking piece of shit, stop generalizing an entire fucking sex, LITERALLY HALF OF THE FUCKING POPULATION ON THIS PLANET.
I get so sick of you incels because the sheer absurdity of your claims, we're not talking about generalizing a culture, or based on religion or even fucking race. No, you retards literally claim to know how half of the fucking population of earth behave and how they all feel, as if they're not also autonomous fucking human beings that have the same fucking brain you do.

Get a grip.

dialate

Attached: Blade.Runner.2049.2017.REMUX.1080p.BluRay.AVC.DTS-HD.MA.5.1-iFT 02_17_33.495.jpg (1920x1080, 751K)

have sex.

I recently saw this movie for the first time and now I am confused. Why are you all pretending like this movie was all about the AI cutie when she only played a minor role after all?

>why was he so naive as to actually believe that a program loved him?
He's emotionally invested in the program. It's like investing your emotions in a book. You don't expect the book to hug you, but you are fond of the book. It's the same with him and her.

Incels can't help but self insert in everything they watch

read this please think I'm onto something there? like I said, I haven't seen the movie since 2017 so memory is a little foggy.

It isnt naivety, its complacency. Even if you know something, living the opposite will still stand out to your brain more than the known truth, so long as it is in the background.
Kay knew she didn't love him when he bought her, but by then they'd shared countless hours, and she'd said "I love you" countless times. That is not something a persons brain can just 'ignore' because it knows it's not real.
>inb4 hurr Kay isn't human

you've never witnessed the complete 180 that women go through after having a kid. they literally forget about loving anything or anyone else. its programmed into their DNA.

this dude is right even though he's screaming like a hysterical woman
I know naxalt is a shitty argument but it's true.

But why did all that change when he saw an ad if he already knew it?

Brainlet here who may have fallen asleep. Was the girl advertising to him the same as apartment gril?

I suppose that's why no relationships ever last through having kids then.
I suppose that's why my grandmother cried when she told me about the final time she spent with my Grandpa as he was dying in the hospital, well over 40 years after they had had their children. I suppose that's why she still cries sometimes when she brings him up. Together for 50 years.

Incels know better, going to call my grandma and tell her she's a heartless whore right now, thanks.

Why do you care so much about this subject, friend? Would it hurt you to believe it?

>why are we so naive as to actually believe that a real woman will love us?
Human psyche is built in such a way that men who don't feel truly loved by their mothers seek love from other women. Men who have been loved deeply by their mothers usually see other women as objects. It's the man's equivalent of daddy issues. If a child does not receive approval from either sex while growing up, the child will seek approval from that sex when it grows up. If both parents reject the child, then the child ends up in Hollywood.
>But he must have known.
Then why do people emotionally invest in tv shows? Surely we know that it's fiction? It's not that simple. Humans didn't evolve with television or media. The natural reaction of the brain to media is to accept it as "good" data or memories. That is, too much tv will force the brain to consider tv shows as the "true" memory and the "real" world as most likely fiction. It's the same with K. He spends so much time with Joi that his brain is wired to think she's real.
>More human that human is our motto.

>Fuck off you bitter fucking piece of shit, stop generalizing an entire fucking sex
Most human beings are self interested user. To love is to be willing to sacrifice all short term gains in the hopes for long term gains. Love can only work if both parties truly understand love. If one party is selfish, then it makes the other party cynical, and eventually both participants stop loving others.

It's not just incels user. All humans think of themselves as the characters they watch on television. The human brain has not evolved to instantaneously view a tv show as fiction. It will confuse it with real memories.

They are the same model/brand. They are both JOI type gf programs.

Absolutely based. These incel echochamber threads are frustrating to read. It's nice to see them get told once in awhile.

The main theme of the movie is an individuals desire to feel unique. We as people want to be loved by a partner in a way where we feel that it is particular to us- and only us. The notion that you have been chosen as a recipient of a person's love means that you were special to them in some way.
The realization that after kays death, he could just purchase another Kay, invalidated the way she had made him feel before. He comes to understand that there was no particular features or attributes about himself that made Kay love him the first time around.

>Why do you care so much about this subject, friend?
Because it's absurd, and people are legitimately losing themselves to this shit, incels need help and their answer isn't digging themselves deeper into propaganda and falsehoods, it's absurd the things they're convinced of. You can't generalize half the fucking population, even you realize how absurd it is to do such a thing.

You guys need to go out and talk to some real girls
most girls aren't these heartless harpies you think they are

Attached: 1556214403375.jpg (960x720, 67K)

The right way to say is that there is degrees of love, a woman will always love her children more than she loves her husband, and that is how it should be, its when a woman gets more attached to her husband than her kids, or when heaven forbid, she divorces or husband dies, she gets a new boyfriend and gets more attached to him than to her own kids, this is where childhood horror stories come from.
Luckily I never had to deal with this, my mother never even allowed my stepfather to hit me or my sister, if anyone was going to educate her kids, it was going to be her, but I also heard horror stories of women so in "love", that they turned a blind eye to their own daughter getting raped by the new boyfriend.
Of course a normal woman will love her husband, but her love should always prioritize her own kids over everyone else in the world.

oh my god... he's just like me

I'm sure he was aware deep down but kept it in the back of his mind and hidden because it gave him something to attach an emotional bond to, even though he knew it was false

t. Waifufag

Attached: 1561859405364.jpg (1024x1024, 136K)

Relax anons. We're all pawns in a bigger game. The whole incel shit is just shit. It's required to take the guns of conservatives. They won't give up their guns unless they feel cornered on all fronts. The media is slowly wiping out their culture, immigration will put a selection pressure on them, and finally, with Trump will be isolated politically. Without the incel propaganda, we can't take their guns away. Just relax and enjoy the show for the next 20-40 years.

>The whole incel shit is just shit. It's required to take the guns of conservatives.
You are dangerously insane

But did he though? Because he knew JOI was a program, he's intelligent, and when she tells him she loves him he says "You don't have to say that."
I think the realization upon seeing the ad wasn't that he was never loved, it was just a sobering moment for him, he could decide there and then go go back, or he could do something real, that would impact real lives.

Yes they really are because of their biological dating standards

If I see a tall girl I know that without even a doubt I will never have a chance with her. Even though we've never spoken.

Hey she was named Joi
Is that a reference to jerk off instruction?

Ya grandma is a ripe old cunt m8

Humans are programmed by thousands of fake memories they intake through television, film, video games, and books.

A "real" woman's love is built off of a manufactured idea implanted into her head to make profits for large media companies.

The day you're in charge of the petrodollar system, you'll understand what I'm getting at. What you call insanity, is necessary to keep the whole world peaceful.

ovulate

Holy shit... he's just like me

We're all in agreement that 2049 is a better movie than the original, right?

Attached: Blade.Runner.2049.2017.REMUX.1080p.BluRay.AVC.DTS-HD.MA.5.1-iFT 00_03_30.210.jpg (1920x1080, 993K)

Because men will continue to idealize love as is our nature

Attached: 663A292B-2F19-4429-8CE3-4C2A6146B5B8.jpg (933x960, 195K)

Attached: 1564846345222.jpg (1920x886, 132K)

in some ways yes, but the first movie had way better city sets and delicious smoke machines which made it look ten times better

bitch be on her period lol

Based femanon

He knew it didn't, which is why he tells her during that rain scene she doesn't have to say she loves him.

Sometimes being lonely is so hard, faking it like he did was worth a temporary solution.

have kids

t. roastie

toasty roasties itt

>incels need help and their answer isn't digging themselves deeper into propaganda and falsehoods

And that help is never going to come, and like I heard women themselves say, sex and romance are not human rights.
I dislike incels not because I hate them, I just dont see how crying about the evils of women will change anything, society does not care in any about this, neither do people in general, look at japan, sometimes you hear people crying about herbivore males, and then there is a little shaming about those guys needed to man up, no one is actually interest in addressing why things became like this in the first place, everyone wants to attack the symptoms while leaving the disease well alone.

I hope when your grandma dies of a stroke on the phone while talking to you

boys have a penis girls have a vagina

>zomg fuck off with your generalizations

He is ai. He thought he was more then his programming. He thought joi was more then her programming. He found out he isn’t more then his programming. Then he realized she wasn’t more the. Her programming

Reality bitch slapped his misconceptions. He should have fughed madame

You heard the quote “if god was not real it would be necessary to invent him”
Well the same applies to love.

Attached: 54EEBC0C-BE4B-4267-8975-A2DF56D1F13D.jpg (873x797, 146K)

I always thought the JOI advert scene was meant to parallel Deckard's scene with the fake Rachel, especially regarding their eyes.

In this regard, it's less about his relationship being a sham, but rather it's that realization that he can't just go back and replace his original JOI which had the memory/experience he went through before, which decidedly pushes him to reunite Deckard with his daughter because of what it all meant to him as an individual.

Oh my god.... he's just like me

Only good looking and with social skills

>stop generalizing an entire fucking sex
why? women are simple. I didn't read the rest haha. You're gay.

I like both and I think the original is a better story simply for the fact that it can stand on it's own without being a sequel. I also wasn't a big fan of the musical choices in 2049. The villain also wasn't as compelling as Roy Batty. He really made Blade Runner for me.

2049 is still a fantastic film, though.

This character is literally me

because he knew that his JOI was never coming back

Why didn't more people watch this movie? it deserved to be big success.

>Human psyche is built in such a way that men who don't feel truly loved by their mothers seek love from other women. Men who have been loved deeply by their mothers usually see other women as objects.
Is this really a thing? I've begun to suspect this but I would like to engage in some careful study on the matter.

>Why did Deckard stop trying to kill K and monologue a thirty year-old secret to him?
>Why did Wallace transfer Deckard off-world?
>Why did K go back for Deckard?
>How did he find Luv's convoy?
>Why did K and Deckard immediately return to Ana while Wallace, with his infinite wealth and established orbital drones, was still active?
>Why didn't K go home and take a magic shower first?
>>All the best memories were hers
>>What did he mean by this?

Attached: 02CFD685-002C-4318-A208-FB5F58BF5BBA.jpg (615x820, 125K)

I felt the whole point of the scene was him realizing he will never get to see his Joi again whether or not their love was genuine. K could've just gotten another Joi and moved on with his life, but he rejects that idea and decides to create something new and meaningful out of his life by saving Deckard.

Ameritards and chinks are mostly capeshit consuming turbobrainlets.

It's an incredibly depressing film. It would have been very weird for it to become a normie-tier success.

We are extremely fortunate that it was made at all. An unusual alignment of creative energies happened. Really quite astounding.

>Then why do people emotionally invest in tv shows?
because we see ourselves in the characters

>BanePosting
>Sneed Posting
>Dubs Guy
noticing a theme yet?

Speaking as an user who was loved by both parents and my mother especially, who thought I could do no wrong at all, I 100% agree with this. I’m a manwhore and have only had a handful of relationships since I get bored of them easily and move on

In terms of having an actually interesting plot, definitely.

>Why did Deckard stop trying to kill K
Because K didn't fight back and obviously didn't try to kill him, even though he is much stronger than him.
>>Why did Wallace transfer Deckard off-world?
So he can extract the information from him in a more efficient way.
>>Why did K go back for Deckard?
His orders by the rebellion were to kill Deckard, but after the bridge scene he decides to make the first truly individual choice of his life by actually reuniting a father with his daughter and that way denying both the rebellion and his original programming and finally finding the purpose and identity he longed for.
>>How did he find Luv's convoy?
He is an LAPD detective.
>>Why did K and Deckard immediately return to Ana while Wallace, with his infinite wealth and established orbital drones, was still active?
No one knows they are even alive. Wallace doesn't have "drones" even outside of city at all times even at night.
>>Why didn't K go home and take a magic shower first?
The shower isn't "magic" at all, it's only detoxified clean water that can clean up surface-level wounds, not entire gunshots and a sliced up ribcage.
>>>All the best memories were hers
>>>What did he mean by this?
He loves the memories from Ana because they made him believe he actually had a childhood and in return made him evolve past his programming becoming "more human than human"

jesus christ no

the first one has some of the greatest aesthetics ever put to film

The first one is better in a lot of aspects, but 2049 resonanted a lot more with me. Biggest part of it is because I didn't care for Harrison Ford playing as Harrison Ford, but K was a great protagonist from start to end.

Joi was a physical extension of K's character development. What K yearned for, she expressed.

Yes at the start his Joi was a blank slate just like that giant ad, but through all their interactions and K's genuine "I'm special" beliefs (which he doesn't have anymore at the bridge scene) his Joi became special, unique and "real" to him specifically, seeing that entire scene as a mirror of Deckard meeting the fake Rachael, which is most evident by the completely black eyes of the giant Joi, where K could've easily had the same exact "I know what's real" line like Deckard did with the fake Rachael there.
K wanted her to become like a real girl that really loves him and she slowly did so (as she is programmed to do), so where is the difference once she becomes the thing he desires?

Attached: Blade.Runner.2049.00_56_52.jpg (3840x1600, 2.16M)

HOTEL OSCAR ECO SIERRA
MIKE ALPHA DELTA

First one has a better villain and that’s about it.

Agreed. Hans Zimmer is overrated trash.

I've basically secured my first serious relationship at the age of 27. Never in my life even tried so no wonder it took this long, oh well.

Honestly people take this shit way too seriously. Seeming desperate is something that you don't do. I still told her that I lack the experience but she couldnt care less about that since it makes me interesting if you can believe it. Completely changed my opinion on how easy it is to get a gf, even a kissless virgin got one out of nowhere. Just great.

I can't take it.
I'm a friendless neet virgin.
I've tried everything from uni to work and gym and therapy but nothing worked.
There's just something wrong with me.
I never got along with people, since fucking kindergarden, it's no surprise i ended up like this.
I just wish i had the balls to an hero

pathetic cunts ruined br49 threads

Get married

You’re probably attractive, have a social life, friends and a job.
I’m a 28 year old virgin with nothing, no friends and I’m not attractive enough for a woman to just approach me.

Congrats though. Never happening to me, I’m already destroyed.

>You’re probably attractive, have a social life, friends and a job.
>I’m a 28 year old virgin with nothing, no friends and I’m not attractive enough for a woman to just approach me.
>Congrats though. Never happening to me, I’m already destroyed.
y not try fixing those things tho

>You’re probably attractive, have a social life, friends and a job.
>virgin til 27
kek

even if you're attractive, as a guy you hav to do 90% of the work

I love them both, but I think that 2049 is a bit stronger. It's just a more timely film. It goes so much more into the depths of loneliness and isolation in the future and how human companionship & meaning is entirely artificial. The whole movie is all about Goose just finding a purpose in his miserable existence and how soul crushing the modern industrialized world is. That's why he resonates so much with people and why 2049 is so well-liked.