Just read this. Tommy being a legitimately bad person makes me find The Room a lot less funny now

Just read this. Tommy being a legitimately bad person makes me find The Room a lot less funny now

Attached: 71e9GHIc5mL.jpg (1400x2085, 221K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/etJQ5CRn0fc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Tommy Bad? Can you give an example?

Being insanely difficult to work with, refusing to buy water and food for extras. Showing up 4 hours late to the set every day while insisting everyone else be on time.

There was also a lot of interactions outside of shooting that I'd classify as abusive, like the way he treats Greg while he's living in his apartment.

I guess he really thought he was a genous or something,the fact that he is an asshole makes the room even funnier for me now.

well, he did fucking pay for everything and everyone was just mooching off him, so...

did you get to the part where Greg explains Tommy's backstory in Poland?

But did you watch the movie?

Attached: disaster-artist-cinema-film-adelaide-review-800x567.jpg (800x567, 42K)

I laughed so hard reading this. More non-fiction/fiction like this I could read?

I let my friend borrow this and a week later he got kicked out by his gf. I'll never get that back now.

They also never explained how Tommy made his money. Everytime I see Wisaeu paper I imagine Tommy building an empire to build his incel kino.

i read somewhere he was selling fur and leather coats to gain funding. but it sounds odd that he made $6 mil doing this, how long was he selling them for and where did he get them from?
sounds like some shady shit.

Only in the case of paying for Greg’s apartment really. Once the movie started filming he just treated the actors and crew like shit.

QRD?, haven't watched the room, or the Movie about it.

Nobody said you were supposed to lionize Tommy, he clearly was a dick to a lot of people, but at the same time he did have a dream (however unhinged) and kept to it despite all of the roadblocks and naysayers. That's the part you're supposed to admire.

Well there's a reason why everybody basically thought the movie had to be some kind of a money laundering scam.

it is implied that he somehow got the money through an older sugar momma. there are two mysterious elderly women mentioned in the book that they pick off for the premiere, tommy seems to know them well and he always kept them secret.
the most probable theory to me seems to be the following:
polish kid emigrates to france, then US => has car accident, is semi-retarded now => rich widow or cool wine aunt adopts him out of pity, pumps millions into his vanity project

either that or he is a mob criminal and used the film to launder money

How do any of those thigns make him a "legitimately bad person"?

If anything it just makes him seem more weird, not bad.

Tommy in the book sounds way more based than his portrayal in the movie

It's obvious that the car accident gave him permanent brain damage.

The movie portrays him way different than Greg’s book. Tommy is a crazy asshole who clearly suffers from brain damage caused by his multiple car accidents.

James Franco is a mediocre director who took a story about a dark, complicated relationship and turned it into "LOL TOMMY IS SO WACKY!" Granted, the book has tons of funny moments, but Greg's relationship with Tommy is far more complicated than what Franco portrayed in the film. The film's only saving grace is Franco's performance.

>James Franco is a mediocre director who took a story about a dark, complicated relationship and turned it into "LOL TOMMY IS SO WACKY!"
yeah but how is that a surprise? just like seth rogen he's one of those "woooahhh duuuuuuude weeeeeed" manchildren incapable of forming a serious thought. constantly grinning like a retard, turning everything into a joke - a 30-something still behaving like a 5-year-old on the playground.
if his arrested development was more extreme, his movie would come around again and be interesting for its meta aspect of him not realizing that he is the very egocentrical, braindead moron that he is trying to make fun of.

Greg comes across as a psychopath who sold out his friend for fame and money,

I’ve listened to a few interviews of him talking about the book and he basically defends Tommy the whole time. It seems like he just needed to vent and thought it be a good story.

>treating people like shit
>not bad

Seems two faced.
>we're such good friends, haha!
>writes a book about what a piece of shit he is, because he knows he'll never read it
>best buddies, lol

>>writes a book about what a piece of shit he is, because he knows he'll never read it
Tommy probably has brain damage, but he isn't illiterate.

Well Tommy was a legendary douche on set. You can write a memoir detailing some of that and still be friends in the end.

(1) he constantly talks about his inner conflicts in the book, psychos wouldn't do that. the ghostwriter or assistant writer he wrote the book with (not sure) could have added all that for empathy/immersion reasons, but how likely is that?
(2) if tommy really is a scumbag, he deserves to have this side of him revealed - for the sake of those he hurt alone
(3) it's funny as fuck

I hated the movie. It’s just inaccurate.

that book is honestly the funniest thing i have ever read in my life

Don't still suck up to him after the fact though.

And it's obvious he has a weird homoerotic crush on Greg.

suck up how?

Fuck the movie was unfunny dogshit. Franco’s Tommy impression was fucking abysmal. The fact that Greg was played by Franco’s 4 foot tall brother ruined the actual dynamic between the real Greg and Tommy (Greg is a tall handsome model looking 20 something year old, but played by midget twink; Tommy is like 5’6 in real life, but towers over Greg in disaster artist; plus their is no disparity in their looks like their is in real life. Much of the humor of Tommy is thinking he’s talented and just as sexually attractive as Greg). This movie is what you get when you have a narcissistic butthole who doesn’t care about the product like Franco gets to do whatever he wants because he has the cash. It’s like he wanted to larp as Tommy with his buddies and thought (knew) retards would pay to see their homemade tapes.

The book was pretty funny 8.5/10

It annoys me that he’s adapting Masters of DOOM next, you know he’s gonna ruin it too.

Hijacking top post to post the audiobook. It's seriously better than reading the book. Here's a fun timestamp at 08:11:22
youtu.be/etJQ5CRn0fc

Doing interviews with him. Starring in multiple films alongside him.

>Being insanely difficult to work with
all the greatest directors behave like dictators. google auteur theory zoomer

so he's a bit opportunistic. weak, yes - but understandable when you consider that he is a failed actor and that this story literally connected him with the hollywood that he only got to know about through completely humiliating himself in front of its most important people

How is that sucking up? They're still friends and like working together.

Are they friends, or is Tommy his only ticket to anything resembling fame?

both, probably.
you don't initially connect with the cringy, helpless retard at an acting class by being the zero empathy psycho you portrait him as.
learn to distinguish between normal people being opportunistic and people being sociopaths/psychopaths.