What made the Raimi trilogy so good?

What made the Raimi trilogy so good?

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-08-06-09h47m48s775.png (1920x1040, 1.53M)

It was different time

George Lincoln Rockwell wrote most of the scripts.

Time, all you faggots and your rose tinted nostalgia goggles can't see that the Raimi movies are average cliche'd bullshit

The first Raimi Spider-Man is great because of the way everything escalates. He gets bitten, he starts to use his powers to win a car, he stops street criminals, he has a big fight with the Green Goblin at the festival and then finally a big climactic battle on the bridge, with both little children and MJ at risk of dying. It just progresses so nicely

I mean I like the cinematography

It was much slower burn

Endless redpills

I'd say only the first two. No matter how much I rewatch SM3, it's very clear that Raimi was Finchered on that one. Turning Spider-Man's archnemesis into a meme was just one of its many shortcomings

Raimi is a fantastic kino-maker. Simple as.

It came in before superhero drought, notice how Iron Man 1 Spider-Man 1-2 and dark knight are the most liked movies.

i thought sandman was a good villan

Competent people worked on it who cared about quality

N

It just feels more honest. I have no other word to describe it. I just feels so down to earth and natural. You have a set, nice story that ties itself together, people who feel like they're real, that the movie focuses on and explores and it just flows.
nu-spiderman movies just feel forced, meaningless. They're focus tested rubbish. There's no real progression, no use in anything that happens in them, it's just red suit man hops from one cgi battle to the next. Spiderman is more like a newly hired stark employee who wants to be good for stark (because we need millenials who ust started working on megacorps to relate, right guys?) and much less the neighborhood watchman who beats up muggers just cause it's good.

This, the first Raimi spooderman is OK as far as capeshit goes. The other ones are boring though.

Practical effects

I think cause it came before capeshit trying to be ebin high-quality kino rather than just capeshit.

I kid you not the movies have soul. I'm not even memeing. There are good feelings you get while watching and remembering Raimi's movies that you don't get from either reboots. At most you remember one cool or entertaining scene for the reboots but look in any thread about Raimi trilogy and people talk about the characters, story, action, score, etc.

He wasn't bad, but cramming Goblin Jr, him and Venom in a single movie was a complete mistake. The movie shifts its focus all over the place. It would definitely be improved if only Sandman was the villain, while we would get some snippets of Harry slowly descending into madness like his father, trying to fight his urge to kill Peter but ultimately failing and becoming the new Green Goblin in the very last shot.

However I think this would also be disappointing in the long run as well because we already had Green Goblin in the first movie, so a SM4 like that would've been nothing but a retread of SM1. But I guess they were trapped nonetheless, since at the end of SM2 we were shown that Harry was going to become like daddy anyways

this sums it up nicely. The irony is that Spider-Man 2 ended up being ebin gïno without even trying, it's a nearly-perfect movie that transcends capeshitting

Wasn't preachy and didn't take itself too serious. Also comfy aesthetic

Mary Jane is not a n****r
Peter Parker is not a f****t

Its almost as if the movies were made as actual movies instead of a rehashed formula done over and over again to appeal to lowest common denominator.