/mlb/ Put Me In Edition

BAL: Jorge Mateo (hand) takes batting practice Wed.
NYM: Mets plan to start Tylor Megill in opener Thurs.
WAS: Stephen Strasburg (neck, shoulder) ready May 1?
CLE: CLE signs Jose Ramirez to 5-yr, $124M extension
MIN: Mariners vs. Twins opener pushed back to Friday
NYY: BOS @ NYY opener postponed due to bad weather
LA: Craig Kimbrel sharp in Dodgers' exhibition finale
LA: No long-term talks yet for Trea Turner and Dodgers
HOU: Astros sign Ryan Pressly to 2-yr, $30M extension
BOS: Report: No momentum for Devers, Sox extension

Attached: 1649109887476.png (1350x984, 3.17M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Jfz7gW2Wf3I&ab_channel=fionapeakall
sfchronicle.com/sports/athletics/article/Where-a-dynasty-once-reigned-baseball-in-Oakland-16407132.php
twitter.com/AnonBabble

my birds :)

Attached: FB10D19A-A71B-462B-9D11-E8C4C6AB813B.jpg (800x1180, 121.68K)

BERDS!!!

Attached: BERDS!!!!.jpg (344x509, 25.34K)

Is this nu though?

>mfw da rays win da worlds eries

Attached: 1643119673983.webm (640x480, 2.86M)

D O Y E R S
O
Y
E
R
S

Attached: 147642184371111.png (566x800, 326.29K)

For me it's the Spokane Indians.

Attached: 1620629849940.png (1200x1200, 263.97K)

Attached: image.jpg (750x792, 128.72K)

8th for The Washington Baseball Eagles

Attached: screech_by_kubitschekf12014-d55vom0.jpg (806x992, 132.93K)

lets go my yankees!

Attached: 1618090476809.png (344x344, 71.08K)

>delayed
fucking weather

Attached: 23236.png (320x287, 96.62K)

Da Devil Rasy?

>BREAKING: Star third baseman José Ramirez and the Cleveland Guardians are in agreement on a five-year, $124M contract extension, sources familiar with the deal tell ESPN. Deal includes full no-trade clause. With this year and pickup of a 2023 option, Ramirez is guaranteed $150M.
what the hell he got scammed so hard
he passed up on 100mil to stay in fucking cleveland?

he still had 2 years to go before free agency, when he would have been 31. i agree that he left money on the table, but it's possible it's not as much as assumed. a lot can go wrong in 2 seasons.

Morning, boys.
Before tomorrow, I just wanted to send you and your squads my best wishes this season.
You probably won't be seeing me as often.
That meeting I had last year finally resulted in things changing at work, so I did get what I had hoped for, but on top of being a lot busier, I also have a lot more visibility that makes shit posting on the clock much more difficult.

Attached: Good_Morning.png (585x700, 190.05K)

congrats on the promotion dadsbro, good luck with your job and with your team!

Grats Dads bro. At least someone is gonna make it.

Attached: 1649115846235.jpg (250x250, 7.03K)

Pretty sure Moniak is actually a bust so he isn't wrong here.

toronto mononucleosis jays lmao

every scout is going to be wrong about players, that's just how baseball is. keith law has whiffed on plenty of guys but when he does he owns up to it

Attached: tZ4.png (592x536, 72.02K)

mickey mousiak lmao

Here's hoping Rizz flips Corbin's contract to some desperate AL East team at the deadline

Attached: 2019WorldSeriesChampions.png (1278x669, 1.22M)

Peace & love, dadsbro

Attached: Juanathon Soto.jpg (1200x800, 156.1K)

fuck off keith

LET'S GO RED SOX

Attached: Red_Sox.png (500x500, 64.82K)

Where’s soham?

Good to hear from you and good afternoon, Dadsbro. You’ve been missed. Congrats on the work situation. How’s da pup?

sincerely proud of my jommies

i'm more surprised Cleveland offered that much money instead of just trading him

Attached: ExNt-_SXIAEMoNK.jpg (691x900, 147.73K)

cleveland offered lindor like 200-250m

it unironically makes me very happy to see jomboy winning like this, he went from being a random fan doing lip sync videos on youtube to partnering with the actual yankees and getting to hang out and make content with all his childhood heroes. it's a really cool success story and even if you don't like the guy the existence of a popular baseball media company that isn't espn or barstool is objectively good for the sport

Attached: FPmwbltXMAQrsZI.jpg (2528x1412, 326.15K)

Attached: vagiants.jpg (1062x1828, 317.61K)

WE DID IT!

#JomboyMafia

Fuck Trevor Bauer.

Well that's uncalled for. What did he ever do to you?

Punched me in the pussy while I was unconscious.

Attached: bauer strike 2.jpg (728x546, 86K)

He choked at a critical moment.

yeah said i’ll bauer ya
cum shower ya
punch ya puss with the 2 seam grip (sink it)
show ya dad it’s funny you gotta admit (ha HA!)

Where is orc poster?

Been listening to Talkin Baseball recently, how is there connection issues so often? Sometimes it literally sounds like they're talking to each other through a steam voice call.

John Fogerty more like John Fagerty cuz his music is gay

You're right, baseball isn't diverse enough. Players from like 30 countries isn't diverse enough.

Attached: Screenshot_20220406-145313_Twitter.jpg (719x717, 136.76K)

>megill opening day starter
fug

Attached: 1619865042715.png (720x405, 461.68K)

>he doesn't know about chooglin
ngmi

Attached: 1623899270128.jpg (800x1024, 232.42K)

Good point. There are 195 recognized countries in the world. That's less than one player per 6 countries. We need more anons like you holding the league to account.

Megiddo

It's hilarious how baseball is literally the most diverse sport in America and people still try to paint it as the old white man sport
I remember a Chris Rock rant about how baseball has no black people. Guess all those black latinos don't count

good thing I picked the gnast

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-04-02 at 3.20.39 PM.png (2296x1716, 592.27K)

they don't consider cubans black. there's island black, and then there's african black. they wanna consider the african black the actual "blacks"

The NBA is more diverse than MLB.

good one

Attached: sfi.jpg (542x686, 100.31K)

Tomorrow's game is getting rained out.

the difference between latinos and american blacks is that latino kids get free access to baseball academies funded by teams who want to groom them for IFA while american kids have to shell out thousands of dollars a year for travel ball if they want any chance of making the majors. it's a problem bigger than race since it fucks over every poor family but since blacks are disproportionately poor it probably affects them more

>latino kids get free access to baseball academies
It's more like boot camp for athletes that might turn into useful commodities.

There is not a single British MLB player

The only British MLB players in history are ones who were born over here then moved as Kids to the states.

It's a tragedy. We must grow the sport like a beautiful flower.

For me it's the Tacoma Rainiers but much love to any team from Washington

>280 mil payroll
>starting a literal who for opening day

MEET THE MESTS
youtube.com/watch?v=Jfz7gW2Wf3I&ab_channel=fionapeakall

Attached: bonilladay.jpg (900x900, 74.79K)

sure, i'm not saying academies are a good system, the way those kids are treated is often horribly exploitative, but they're still getting free access to top-of-the-line training and equipment and that's undeniably a huge factor in going pro. there's nothing like that for poor americans

he's not wrong
basketball is a more global game, and is the second or third most popular sport in many countries
baseball is popular in fewer places, but they tend to be more fanatic about it

they started bartolo colon in 2015

they tend to be fine playing "literal who's" than not, faggot

I should have said it's more like a boarding school than boot camp also and yeah, it's increasingly a sport for the rich kids in America also.

The NBA is still predominantly black though. Although that seems to be changing as the game becomes more popular worldwide.

sfchronicle.com/sports/athletics/article/Where-a-dynasty-once-reigned-baseball-in-Oakland-16407132.php

good article on diversity in baseball and why travel ball is bad for the game without alternatives

It's weird how baseball has similar issues to soccer in America. Shouldn't kids just be honing their skills on school teams like with football and basketball?

>NYY: BOS @ NYY opener postponed due to bad weather
Jew York confirmed a shithole

So that's Friday now right?

Shut the fuck up, Pedro.

it used to be like that but as travel ball started gaining popularity the kids who were best at baseball started going to travel ball, and then all the scouts followed which led to a snowball effect of high school teams becoming increasingly irrelevant. you can still get noticed playing for schools in big states like cali or mass but if you're from bumfuck kentucky it's travel ball or bust

why would that impact blacks in america? they are financially privileged above everyone but jews and have access to anything they want. blacks get into A tier universities with C averages, B tier with D averages. they get into medical school with sub 2 GPAs in undergrad and never have to pay a dime. the entire social worker network in the united states is singularly focused to run as personal assistants for blacks.

where does this nonsensical theory of blacks suffering from economic hardship in america actually come from? is it because the free housing they get isn't literally a newport beach mansion?

>t.
yes, 1:05 pm est

Attached: 1635521285752.png (662x353, 25.45K)

what a goddamn shame

Fuck off back to /pol/

Have you ever met a Met?

>It's hilarious how baseball is literally the most diverse sport in America and people still try to paint it as the old white man sport
oh, there's nothing funny about it if you're white. it's genocidal rhetoric justifying itself for a conclusion.

unfortunately, white americans are saddled with conservatives and conservatism, the dumbest people to ever exist, so it's just sort of goes around in circles guffawing at how "stupid" the "libtards" are.

there's no way this is a serious post

Attached: mjgsisj.jpg (1716x2048, 175.24K)

Did you play travel ball, pony baseball or little league? If travel whet age did you start?

don't like the truth?

California gets the Giants and the Dodgers
New York gets the Mets
Goddamn, Cali just keeps winning.

>truth
That's the single most retarded post I've ever seen on Yea Forums.

>truth