Emma Raducanu's Press Conferences

A Short Thesis

Across the 16 press conferences analysed, Emma uses “yeah” 1.26 times per question response on average, and “I mean” 0.43 times per response. Of the conferences analysed, 10 followed wins, four followed defeats and two were 'pre-tournament' conferences.

If Emma has lost, the use of “I mean” is four times higher than if she won – 1.15 uses per response versus 0.3. In pre-tournament conferences, Emma says “I mean” only 0.13 times per response.

The use of “yeah” is slightly higher if Emma lost than if she won – 1.38 uses per response compared to 1.24. In pre-tournament conferences, Emma says “yeah” only 1.17 times per response.

If Emma has won, there are more questions (13.1 on average) than if Emma lost (average 8.5). Pre-tournament conferences average 11.5 questions. The average for all 16 is 11.75 questions

Emma uses “I mean” much more after a defeat than a win because, I think, she is slightly on the defensive and seeking to explain the reasons for a defeat, prefacing her statements with “I mean” to underline what she is saying whether she believes it or not. Emma rarely uses “I mean” in pre-tournament conferences, when she has had more time to prepare ‘lines to take’ and she is not affected by the emotion of a win or loss.

The use of “yeah” as a meaningless filler word to start a sentence is a relatively recent phenomenon which a lot of younger sportspeople seem to use when they are being interviewed. You could argue that they use the word to signify to the questioner that they have understood the question, but the main purpose seems to be to ‘lubricate’ the response. For example: Q: “How well do you know Leylah?” Emma: “Yeah, I mean, I have known Leylah since we were juniors.”

Attached: 1648561716768.jpg (848x640, 259.42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=isnmepwH2Ks
twitter.com/geniebouchard/status/1510705618797146117
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

For a young person, Emma handles the press conferences superbly and clearly uses the media training which will have been provided by the LTA, WTA (as part of their Player Development Programme) and probably IMG too.

Emma maintains a consistent tone throughout her conferences and shows incredible patience with the media; Emma avoids making controversial statements and is always measured in her responses – if the media then chooses to put a ‘spin’ on her comments, it says more about the lack of scruples of certain publications than it does about what Emma actually said.

On the overuse of “yeah” and “I mean”, I consulted a friend who trains businesspeople in spoken word media interviews and he said his training includes close video analysis of filler words, pauses (“umm”, “err”) and discourse markers (“you know”, “like”), and that he advises clients to have a range of sentence starters to use while the brain organises the rest of the response – phrases like “that’s a good question” or “I can understand why people would take that view.” All this suggests to me is that Emma’s media training hasn’t yet gone into this sort of close analysis which would ultimately phase out “yeah” and “I mean”, but would probably make Emma sound more like a politician or businessperson.

you are severely autistc

Goddamn

Attached: 1591687583628.png (217x230, 119.03K)

Thanks for the good insight, Champ.
Keep us posted.

>least autistic Emmabro
Based

goblina

This isn't a post about your mother.

>L L L L
Yeah, I mean

Mimi :)

seek help

I wouldn't do this type of studies even if were paid.

This is the ">anime kys" poster. Remember it next time.

Kek

Are you the poster on Emma's Empire or just a thief?

put me in the screencap pls :)

excellent work, lad, keep this list updated for posterity

ok now i know who was stalking her

>On the overuse of “yeah” and “I mean”, I consulted a friend who trains businesspeople in spoken word media interviews and he said his training includes close video analysis of filler words, pauses (“umm”, “err”) and discourse markers (“you know”, “like”), and that he advises clients to have a range of sentence starters to use while the brain organises the rest of the response – phrases like “that’s a good question” or “I can understand why people would take that view.”
Is this good advice, I think I often find myself using too much filler words

Someone actually made this. Jesus fuck.

m8 if you're not a public person or some shit like that you really shouldn't care about that sort of thing, everyone does that

Informative. Thank you good sir!

Kel

no bully

yeah yeah, i mean

he based then

this is one of those thing that too cringe it loops back to based

I mean, it is pretty autistic, yeah

No problem, Emma is a wonderful puzzle. :)

Attached: download (4).png (487x261, 3.59K)

I wonder in what other situations Emma overuses 'I mean' and what this says about her. Absolutely fascinating stuff all this, chap.

It's actually embarrassing.

Give me one reason why

Posts like this make me realise that Yea Forums isn't completely dead

I'm never coming into an Emma thread again after this.

Based linguistics analyst user.

Attached: 0B2AC810-0E28-4BC3-B98D-011B3DF8150A.jpg (563x1000, 73.33K)

>I mean
I hate this and people say it all the fucking time now.

Like for real

autism
the post

Attached: 3AA476ED-780D-49FD-8C8D-A6842F2A88B1.jpg (703x851, 36.92K)

posting in a truly unsettling thread

Attached: lss.jpg (640x480, 43.97K)

Yeah, I mean, I think missionary position would be really nice with based Emma.

I see threads like this and immediately I'm aware of the fact that I have spend the last ten years or so of my online life on a website shared with people who are severely mentally challenged.

For the purposes of procreation?

any thoughts on the theory that she puts on a fake accent and plays up her inarticulacy to make her more relatable to the public?

gimi

Attached: gimi.png (869x946, 1.32M)

We're just suffering from different conditions to those exhibited by normies on Instagram. Be assured that any online community is full of crazies

What's her real accent? Chinese?

Based

Nah, that’s just what dumb girls in the south east of England talk like

It's up to her :3

extremely autistic yet extremely based analysis

Emma is NOT a dumb girl, she is a highly intelligent grammar school girl :)

Attached: 1630921596604.png (1703x996, 831.44K)

Attached: Eu3OCmzXEAIFMN2.jpg (680x376, 27.95K)

reminds me of the sp user that made that 40 page pdf about that tripfag

you are mentally challenged

>Across the 16 press conferences analysed, Emma uses “yeah” 1.26 times per question response on average, and “I mean” 0.43 times per response. Of the conferences analysed, 10 followed wins, four followed defeats and two were 'pre-tournament' conferences.
what a dumb low IQ whore

unfortunately thats seems to be the mdern tendency
even me, a non-native and non-fluent english speaker, noticing that dumb speech is unaatractive.
looking at different women interviews on 70s and 80s, they spoke more eloquent on average.
Or dumb ones didnt had an access to appear on tv/radio that frequently lol

but now dumbinization is a norm, also since english speaking sphere welcomed and got exposed to a lot of ESLs, and started to level down their english, or was it vice versa

contemplating this post

can someone check if this is accurate or just made up to shitpost

start with this youtube.com/watch?v=isnmepwH2Ks

it's about imitation, isn't it? i mean she's heard sports people, celebrities, film stars talk in exactly the same way, so she thinks that's how she's meant to speak. yeah it's annoying, but i expect her to show more individuality in these press conferences as she gets used to them.

Is saying "yeah" even an issue? I mean it doesn't even seem frequent looking at those numbers. What an autistic thread

is this advanced stats?

This is why Naomi Osaka is better and sexier and cuter

Sir,
Pls concentrate on pre-
Post is no use to us gamblers.
At present, we getting rich betting Ems losing every game. However, should your count of pre-match 'yeah' or 'I mean' s indicate a suspicious likelihood of her winning (however unlikey) ? This would be valuable (and monetizable) info.

what's the p value on these findings

>american education

twitter.com/geniebouchard/status/1510705618797146117
Emmabros not sure this helps our optics

ok, I'm sorry retard - is the correlation between W/L and word frequency statistically significant?
happy?

Put me in the screencap

Attached: 1634771189728.gif (320x308, 3.92M)

>not including her press conferences in romanian
ngmi

Sounds dangerously based

What went wrong with England?

tl:dr

heh... my girl eRadz just needs more time....

Dangerously based

based welsh falseflaggers