Homelander is one of the best TV villains in recent years

Homelander is one of the best TV villains in recent years.

Attached: 5b8e940be7f2fbe58327962204af55ed7bd56c63.jpg (600x300, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A5wVZ-W3dNw
youtube.com/watch?v=l5czdDuQ5Kw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

how's he a villain? name one thing he did wrong

When does he become a villain?

love the actor
was already great in banshee

Why did he kill his mommy though?

Attached: firefox_2019-08-04_14-50-20.png (481x596, 672K)

>a white terrorist male draped in the american flag
Yup, that's accurate

Wait, I thought he was the hero.

>Homelander is one of the best TV villains in recent years

Attached: 1564825817997.jpg (1024x683, 53K)

He kind of reminds me of Superman

She's so fucking hot in this show.

>poor man's Ben Affleck

Let an entire plane of people die

He isn’t really a villain though

He objectively is

he was powerless to stop it

what makes Homelander a villain exactly?

He makes sois cower in fear

ok?

I dunno, I guess there is the part where he kills people for fun, profit, to cover up mistakes, out of recklessness...

youtube.com/watch?v=A5wVZ-W3dNw
Kino scene.

could've flown people out

and dropped them where? in the freezing atlantic? please

He can fly and is strong. Have as many people in the plane grab on to each other and jump out of it.

OR, assuming he would not be a fameslut, just grab 1-2 people, jump out, release them in the ocean and fly back to get more.

they'd have died within a minute of flying at any altitude
they were miles away from the coast hence the luggage coming in with the tide

He has super-speed as well as super strength (we see that when he pulls Billy away from the C4 explosion). He could have easily carried 5 people at a time on his own+Maeve carrying about the same number, 10 trips to the water and back, that's the entire plane saved. It would have been risky though and there was no guarantee he would have gotten everyone out in time, a lot of them would have certainly drowned (it's the middle of the fucking ocean)...it would have looked bad for Vought.

He probably could have saved most of the passengers on the plane, but it would have made him and Vought look bad for not saving all of them. So he just let them all die.

>a 747 transatlantic flight will only carry 60 passengers
and the additional 200 user

I don't think Maeve could do much but jump out the plane with people. She needed Homelander to fly her out.

idk perhaps when he lasered down the airplane with the mayor and his son ?

How so?? He's better

Episode 1?

More like Chris Pine/Bradley Cooper. But he definitely has leading man potential.

Regular people would die moving at that speed. The Boys isn't in a universe where that kind of thing gets handwaved.

Attached: 9e78040c5d2a50c893c5b389303c408f.jpg (1024x1597, 285K)

That image is unironically cute as fuck. Use it more often, soijjack.

>and the additional 200 user
When Maeve suggests he carry the passengers out one by one he literally says something like "120 flights down and back?", I assumed that was the number of people on the plane.

He can carry her though. Like he grabs a bunch of people in one arm, hanging on to each other, and then in his other arm he grabs her and she's got a bunch of people hanging off of both her arms.

Except for, y'know, like, uh... oh yeah! The very scene mentioned in the post you're responding to.

Huh?

But Billy survived being carried away from the C4 explosion at the same speed.

that very scene is the flash not the boys

oh look another boys thread instead of just using the two that are already up

That didn't happen. All we saw was Butcher hit the button and the room light up.

>super speed
>the acceleration doesn't kill the normal humans

>these are the posters I share a board with

Attached: 1564130675893.png (809x808, 21K)

>they spend 7 hours 50 minutes explaining how much Billy hates superheroes
>turns out he really should be hating women
powerful

Attached: 1557013406317.jpg (1275x1500, 160K)

>villain

Attached: confused nigga.jpg (431x431, 14K)

Speed Force ain't gotta explain shit

There's nothing other than the explosion that could have made the room light up like that. Homelander's eyes shoot red lasers, Billy pushed the button on the detonator and you see yellow/orange light. You don't need to literally see the explosion take out that house to understand that it happened.

well there are women superheros

this.
hopefully s2 focuses on this because his wife is a straight up cunt

this lol.

im sure moving at that speed for literally all of 100 feet wont do anything other than make you pass out. all he had to do was go faster than an explosion

first for A train

youtube.com/watch?v=l5czdDuQ5Kw

Attached: a train.jpg (300x168, 8K)

Good lord. Do I really have to spell it out? Room lighting up = explosion, yes. Explosion contained/blocked by Homelander who completely understands the fragility of the human body.

I think the angle they're going to go with is that Becca got raped by coercion/implication, and when she got pregnant she agreed to keep Billy in the dark for the sake of the kid. Billy will be upset and he will be portrayed as being 100% in the wrong for being mad.

their bodies wouldnt survive that speed? do people that write comics even think?

how are they going to do tek knight, the bruce wayne/tony stark parody who fucks everything

Except something happened to knock Billy out long enough to fly to wherever and it be daylight. Homelander flew into him and through the walls to outside.

The Flash's speed powers don't actually work based on physics, it's like an alternate-dimension type thing called "Speed Force" where you're basically teleporting.

t. Watched 2 episodes of The Flash with my little brother once

I hope season 2 is a Trump parody with Homelander running for President and wins

poorly acted, that guy sucks.

They won't, for the same reason they won't do Jack from Jupiter or Homelander raping Captain America.

So you're saying he saved the baby?

The memers who think Homelander isn't bad are going to be disappointed.

you suck

Homelander had 2nd child syndrome with the baby. He definitely left it to die

yeah, sure he did

Attached: worst-insert.jpg (400x200, 22K)

You can only hold so many people. Plus this isn't like DragonBall where Goku carries a ball of people Iron man where he froze their arms together. People might lose their grip and fall and then you have to save them again. That's just wasting more time to save people.

His best bet was probably to try and guide the plane safely into the ocean or land but he said something like the air current might flip the plane. He really didn't want to save anyone but himself.

So how did he save Butcher from the explosion?

Hell no, he probably came back to spit on his ashes too.

Did he actually fuck his own blood related mother though?

Attached: 13942034.png (968x944, 446K)

>He really didn't want to save anyone but himself.
I agree. He was concerned with himself and his reputation more than anything else, no point in conducting a risky rescue operation that probably still leads to a lot of deaths when he could just let them all die and take no blame.

>HOMELANDER IS ONE OF THE BEST TV VILLAINS IN YEARS!

Attached: 1564825786182.png (454x520, 13K)

killed a senator, his child and his entire fucking staff

I agree the script writers seem unsure at times about the direction they want to take him, but your memory is shit

Why didn't he fly under the plane then laser the ocean for thrust until plane arrives back at the coast?

He didn't care enough to put any serious effort into saving the plane. It was a PR stunt for him, once it got too hard he was out. Imagine if you're playing a videogame and there's some insanely tough mission to save a plane full of NPCs but there's 0 consequences to just ignoring the mission, that's how Homelander views people

the speed he would have needed to fly at would kill regular people

He spun it around with the media but I'm not sure if that was his plan the whole time.

Rather than unsure of where to take him, they just made him a bit more nuanced than the typical robotic psychopath. He does have a capacity for feelings, but it's extremely limited by his upbringing.

His blood mother was a mentally retarded woman in nazi germany who died giving birth to him.

homelander is the most reddit supervillain

Not necessarily. Just has to drop them from a safe height over the water, say 10 feet or so, then fly back to the plane at max speed, then grab a bunch of people, drop them at a safe height, repeat...probably could have saved most of them before the whole thing went down

I think the show makes it clear that it wasn't his plan the whole time, it was a spur of the moment improv to salvage the situation. He fucked up the plane rescue, decided to let everyone die so nobody would know that he fucked up, then later on came up with the lie.

That probably makes the most sense. He probably was thinking about it as he saw the wreckage wash ashore.

>people get insta gibbed by the speed
Someone post that post where someone did the math and that time its less than it takes light to move the distance of a single atom

it's another Yea Forumstards overhype a very mediocre show episode

He literally fucking explains why he doesn’t save everyone on the plane.

What’s better
>yeah uh he came in, and the plane started to go down so he had to save as many of us as he could. So he threw about 20 of us into the water, but 7 of us were unable to swim in heavy clothing for one or another reason so they drowned, by the time we realized to fly down into the water and get the floating device attached to the wing thing 6 of the others were already past the point of saving from hypothermia. We then spent 36 hours getting back to shore because he couldn’t drag the raft any faster or we’d fall off due to waves. The comms were dead so it would’ve taken days to get help otherwise at which point another 3 died from dehydration

OR

>damnit if only we were in the military NORAD would’ve contacted us immidiately and we could’ve saved the entire plane

Also keep in mind that he literally doesn’t give a fuck about anything or anyone but himself, his rescue was over the moment the pilot was shot and he nonchalantly lasered the cockpit

Isn't that.. Like the point.. He's acting like he cares about the kid when he's simply doing it for his persona to look good.

yes, that's exactly the point. The other guy is an idiot.

He cares about people who seem like family to him.

then why did he kill milky

Because she betrayed him.

go back to /pol/

You mean hero.

Attached: file.png (1200x800, 839K)

How is his mouth so dark?

He never had a real family

Why didn't Hughie sit Butcher down and explain to him that Starlight hated the rest of the Supes and wanted to reform them?

Attached: 08210830912301830912.png (645x773, 20K)

he's talking about how the actor is a shitty actor throughout the whole series

I still like the character though

>villain

Go back to Yea Forums, Yea Forumsfag!

this , its fucking retarded

>cast a non-American to play a patriotic hero
What did they mean by this?

Is there anything he can't laser?

Attached: 2d2n292e0kd31.png (1920x1080, 1.53M)

Because Butcher is right. She could have been a cop or a firefighter or a million other things but she chose to be a Supe because she's ego-driven like the rest of them.

>he's just like me

>but she chose to be a Supe because she's ego-driven like the rest of them.
she was manipulated by her cunt mother

>people caring about Garth Ennis garbage with Seth Rogan influence
For what reason do you think that this is good? Not what makes it an okay series, but an actual good one?

Attached: 1544842131372.jpg (363x320, 23K)

It's better than 99%of Netflix's shit, and after years of having that garbage shoved down our throats, a show like this is refreshing

Do supes even have a choice if they want to live normal lives?

>fastest man alive is black
>and a junkie
>and a selfish murderer who makes his washed up over the hill gf pay the toll for burning the coal

What did Seth Rogen mean by this?

AH HYUCK HYUCK HYUCK HYUCK HYCUK!

Based

It's got a huge advertising campaign so the dogs are lapping it up

Is Ben an actor equivalent of apple product?

How did Starlight survive getting shot in the chest twice?

how annoying are the women in this show?

How did Homelander get Butcher out of the house before he blew it up? Does he have super speed or something?

Attached: bandicam 2019-08-05 08-15-42-468.webm (1120x632, 1.9M)

He's the villain?

>unironically responding to amazon shill threads

Attached: 1563800496575.png (454x520, 11K)

>>unironically responding to amazon shill threads

Attached: 1561230896591s.jpg (219x250, 8K)

Homelander is classic Superman going full blown Silver Age King Superman.

Considering his powers are based off of Superman's I don't see why he wouldn't have super speed

how? in what way?