What's with the disdain towards A24? They've released some good films over the years

What's with the disdain towards A24? They've released some good films over the years.

Attached: A24_Films_logo.svg.png (1200x493, 26K)

Zoomers hate them I think. Attention spans too short.

Attached: 1557472749280.png (231x218, 8K)

They make underwhelming tryhard shit for normies and zoomers.

theyre reddit and their only good movie is a ghost story

False. Good Time is there only good movie

forgot they even made good time, that ones good too

Their horror films are largely awful. Made for people who think they are smarter by watching them and claiming they like them.

>PPPPDDURRRR REDDIT DUUURRRRRPPPGFFFFFF BAD

It's the nolan drone of studios
essentially this >Made for people who think they are smarter by watching them and claiming they like them.

I don't think Florida Project or Good Time have any pretension of conveying themselves as smart movies

>no, reddit is actually GOOD

It's like following a franchise but for numales. It's the marvel of film nerds.

>why there no ebin fight scenes
>me like marvel me like ebin action
>me like Thanos meme me like snap universe away

Attached: 1519130620989.png (406x452, 29K)

ledditors that watch shit like hereditary or midsommar are the same people who defend once upon a time in hollywood

>IF YOU DISLIKE THING I LIKE, THEN YOU MUST BE PART OF A GROUP THAT I DONT LIKE

Attached: 1563800496575.png (454x520, 11K)

it's not capeshit

It's sad, but in today's age of endless capeshit and live action disney cash grabs, these films are considered 'smart', whereas in past decades they'd be cult films relegated to midnight screenings.

Someone on this board said people who drink water only do so to be cool. I put you on this level of retardation.

Because they sell boring chick flicks or dramas as 'horror'. And slowly turn the horror genre in another place to promote SJW, feminism, etc.

Attached: Screenshot_20190729-095050_Chrome.jpg (1003x2686, 1.16M)

Contrarianism. That's literally it.

no shit discord trannies use letterboxd, whats your point

Because A24 puts out good movies that can be fairly entry level for someone who's getting tired of the usual Disney fare but isn't quite ready for Jodorowsky or Eisenstein.

Yea Forums wants you to be born at max level and you should never be given the chance to learn.

This. Their "horror movies" are actually shitty dramas sprinkled with a horror moment here and there.

>What's with the disdain towards A24? They've released some good films over the years.
Translate
>WHY ARE YOU INCEL CONTRARIANS MAKING FUN OF MUH EBIN SLOW BURN MOOBIES?! HAVE SEX!!

Attached: A84C97B8-5C67-4F82-9408-22B4BC9F5405.jpg (199x253, 9K)

I've only liked The Witch so far. Hereditary felt unintentionally comedic and Midsommar seems too tryhard edgy, but this could be a director problem now that I think about it.

Actual progression
>Modern Disney/capeshit -> 80s/90s genre movies -> Criterion fare -> actual arthouse
A24 progression
>Modern Disney/capeshit -> A24

I despised Midsommar. Love the nordic mysticism, love The Wicker Man (not nordic mysticism but a great horror folk movie about paganism wich i'm too into) but I found Midsommar hyped up pretentious trash.
Felt so cheated, really was looking forward for it. Never again A24

one of you is lying

>Thinking everyone follows your progression list

These are zoomer movies zoom zoom

>mentioning Junkdorowsky in the same breath as a true genius like Eisenstein
kys

Attached: 1548700473183.jpg (480x349, 19K)

>disdain
that’s why
you people talk like tools online
no one cares how evolved your vocabulary is cunt

The Farewell looks legitimately good, I'd have an easier time buying Awkwafina as an actress if her name wasn't Awkwafina

LOL so fucking retarded

>Disdain is a big word
Retarded mongoloid

lmao never heard of these cunts
just realised I have seen spring breakers and the disaster artist
both average as fuck
also considered but decided not to see mid90s but it really looked like a losers wet dream of what his 90’s experience should have been

They didnt make it. Stop fucking saying this shit. They dont make shit. Fucking tranny loving incels.

not about being a bit word or if it’s even in the general lexicon
you guys just sound like you sniff each other’s testicle sweat by saying disdain instead of hate
way to miss the point though, I guess my post wasn’t slow enough for you guys

What's with the line breaks? Also fuck off newfag

fuck off phoneposting scum

cringe they still buy the scripts for the shitty stories though dont they

>you guys just sound like you sniff each other’s testicle sweat
And you sounds like you sniff glue. Coming here talking about how disdain is a big word

How am I phoneposting?

got enough
punctuation to use
apostrophes but not
full stops

now I’m gonna reddit space
and
use even more line breaks
because fuck you up the ass with a bag of fish hooks

never said it was a big word
please show me where I said it’s large and not a really faggoty way to say hate

Attached: 04858FE8-5AED-44A5-95F3-F4DEC4DA6126.jpg (556x552, 29K)

Remember disdainposter??? What a cuck LOL

Both films have virtually no pretense which is why they are cited as good examples (to which I agree). Many of the other a24 movies, especially the horror movies are designed to evoke an omg-so-indy response with the lesser gifted. This is the dishonesty that turns off many people. Also many of the movies are much too long and should rather be some 45 minute TV play.

You implied that using disdain requires an evolved vocabulary, so a big word that retards like you think requires a complex vocab

never said it was a big word so please eat more paint chips
stop pretending to be me phoneposting cunt

Is
There
Anything
Wrong
With
Phone
Posting?

hey guess what
vocabulary doesn’t mean large words you moron
I would expect someone who finds a24 movies entertaining to be this impaired

is
there
anything
wrong
with
line
breaks?

Pretentious garbage for leftist pseudo intellectuals

Maybe you should define what
you think a big word is. Because
you definitely implied that disdain
was a big word, mow you're
just backpedaling

Attached: source.gif (482x412, 76K)

>HURR IT'S SJW SHIT DURR
but at the same time, they're definitely overrated by film twitter and letterboxd

>He thinks arthouse/criterion shit is better than normal movies

no, I didn’t
i’m sorry you pulled that out of my post like an over analysing pseud that you are
enjoy being pretentious and saying ridiculous phrases in an attempt to not seem plebeian by using hackneyed words like “contempt”

So Criterion isn't actual arthouse anymore either? How should someone really find and access true arthouse then? Their Mubi account?

Do you ever get tired of being such a low IQ cretin?

The Farewell was solid and shes not bad, but she should just start using her real name (it's Nora I think) because Akwafina sure as shit ain't gonna be the next big single word name.

>139 iq
enjoy your slow black and white burn
wouldn’t wanna over stimulate your epic 102iq wizard brain

Am I supposed to guest what movie you're talking about?

Of course they did. Some people on Yea Forums are idiots who don't know a good film when they see it. I mean, they are complete idiots and only watch mainstream Hollywood blockbusters. Then there is the second group of pseuds who think you should only watch experimental shorts and your favorite directors should be Mekas, Benning and Brakhage. There is no denying that a24 put out some garbage over the years and some overhyped films. With their horror films it's always better to go in and expect drama or a thriller, not a horror. Still they distributed some interesting films and even if you don't like them, you are seeing something different, something you won't see in Hollywood blockbusters. They have lot of interesting films that are worth watching. Their slate for this year also looks good. Uncut Gems, The Lighthouse and In Fabric look good.

Attached: 1zptlkx.jpg (680x285, 33K)

I fucked up. The second tagging of OP was unintentional.

she also needs to stop talking like a sassy ghetto hairdresser

Last black man in san francisco

Attached: 3C916A06-DEFE-466A-83E4-0ECBB9C8EC53.jpg (800x450, 61K)