I enjoyed this movie up until the ending. I have never enjoyed alternative history for prominent historical figures...

I enjoyed this movie up until the ending. I have never enjoyed alternative history for prominent historical figures. This is the same reason I had gripes with Inglorious Basterds. Am I being too cynical or is my opinion reasonable?

Attached: OnceUponATimeInHollywood.jpg (2024x3000, 2.95M)

Yes, after an hour or so it sank in and I liked it because I fucking hate hippies. I am also obsessed with the Tate-Labianca murders and was suprised how accurate things were until that point but come one we all knew it was coming. For christ sake the name is Once Upon A Time.

I like the ending it was kinda nice

so fucking boring and masturbatory

YO I have the same fucking feeling bro! My autistic mind just hate alternate history, it's too weird and conflicts with my world view. But the movie was definitely comfy, I'd watch it again

literally nothing masturbatory about it, it was incredibly tame until the ending climax, you could hardly even tell it was a QT flick minus the pov driving shots and the feet

i don't think you even understand what i said

1. It wasn't boring at all unless you have no idea who anyone is in the film
2. It was possibly his least masturbatory film, seriously

it needed an editor, and you know it

Do you think Polanski still spends his free time raping kids if Tate doesn’t die or is this a universe where he’s not a pedo and spends the rest of his life making kino with Rick Dalton?

well you need to have sex stupid incel

I'll settle for that, that's all you needed to say. I hated Kurt narrating and he words on screen reminding me who Steve McQueen was. Pretty fun flick though, I saw it twice.

you would love this pseudo intellectual trash you dirty fornicator

Absolutely reasonable. I read a lot of history books and felt the same way about the ending to Basterds. It's still a great movie and I view it in the same vein as something like Catch-22. But the ending was retarded.

>I am also obsessed with the Tate-Labianca murders and was suprised how accurate things were until that point but come one we all knew it was coming. For christ sake the name is Once Upon A Time.
"Once Upon a Time" is a line usually reserved for fairy tales.

>tales

Nah, I like that. I want to see a Marvel or DC comic book movie where someone stops 9/11.

The Boys was just released like a week ago.

Hippy Feet: the movie.

I like to imagine he doesn't do it and just makes kino

This move has two things going for it: aesthetic and star power.
It felt more like a Coen brothers film than Tarantino

It didn"t feel like a coen"s brother film at all you filthy fucking brainlet

>SJW trash
lol

faggot

this was a fairytale

MTE.

literally everything. you said. his last film should just be kill bill vol 3. at least then i know he won’t play with history

The ending is going into Tarentinos dream world.
A super down to earth film goes into a karate, flamethrower and trained dog attacking ending with the most over the top death this year in cinema.

It’s 100% an attempt to describe a dream of the murders never happening and subsequently the end of the golden age of cinema and the 1960’s.

This.
OP is a dumb dumb.

Hippies killed : good
Hitler killed : bad
That's all

That's weird. I thought the movie was unbelievably slow and pretty boring until the final scene which I thought was incredible.

I watched it knowing nothing about the Tate murders and it was absolute kino

The flashback cuts were also pretty sloppy. Abrupt and jarring.

>It’s 100% an attempt to describe a dream of the murders never happening and subsequently the end of the golden age of cinema and the 1960’s.

Why would those two things have anything to do with one another?

There was a group of fucking redditors waving they're hands flaying around towards the end and after it ended they screamed about how it wasn't historically accurate. I wiped my booger on the fat one of their group as they walked out.

Their* sorry I'm drunk and tired

The murder of Sharon Tate, a kind, beautiful young actress on the rise, by the twisted and Evil Manson family has always been seen as a symbolic end to the innocent, jovial and optimistic 1960's. It showed the average person that the era of "free love" was over, and that there were consequences to that way of life that were just beginning to show.

Sure it’s reasonable... if you’re visually illiterate

Wasn't that free love era already marked by many high profile murders well before Tate's, including those of Bobby Kennedy and MLK?

I didn't mind with Inglourious Basterds, but it felt tacked on here. It was also predictable because of Inglourious Basterds. I assumed he would change things because I couldn't see him actually recreating the murders (which I have no desire to see, to be fair).