Are these films actually good and worth watching? I've been led astray by this board too many times before

Are these films actually good and worth watching? I've been led astray by this board too many times before.

Attached: 1564842147507.jpg (600x350, 25K)

Ginger Snaps 1 and 2 are werewolf kino, I'd skip the third though as it's a poorly conceived prequel.

Yes, the first is a masterpiece of comfy halloween atmosphere and the second is a surprisingly good sequel which blazes its own trail.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-08-03-11h52m14s942.png (1920x1080, 1.86M)

For a TV director who has pretty much made no other movies, Fawcett nailed this one. The two sisters were well cast and have a believable dynamic. Appropriate scoring, which captures that late 90s feel, without being obnoxious. Special effects get a special mention too, done very well and from memory no CGI used.

Is it worth you time? I don't know. Look, if you like horror movies, then yes it is. It's a good horror movie and probably the best modern (post-millennial) 'teen drama' treatment your gonna get of the werewolf fable.

I've always been puzzled by Fawcett too, his career consisted of weak and forgettable films but in the middle he turned out a cult classic.
I got the impression from all the commentary tracks and stuff that the directorial process was particularly collaborative, apparently even Vincenzo Natali did uncredited storyboard work. So maybe the success can really be attributed to a dream-team writer, art director, cinematographer, casting director, etc.

So what is it about these movies that inspires such an obsessive following?

I fucking love Ginger Snaps

Watch them and find out for yourself

this
despite the notability larger production quality the 3rd movie was stale.
first two however were honestly what got me big into movies. I didn't know there were hidden gems like this out there waiting to be discovered.
now i've given up

If you like horror absolutely, it's a must see. Watch May too.

>first two however were honestly what got me big into movies.
Same thing with me.

Pffff... is that even a question?

Attached: Ginger Snaps 2 - Lick.webm (704x384, 632K)

Mostly her

Attached: entfesselt (20).png (704x384, 257K)

First film is a top 5, maybe even top 3 horror film for the 2000s. Second film is a solid and distinctive sequel.
Third film was made because they had a shitload of leftover budget from the cheap making of GS2. That's it. There's no real reason for that movie to exist other than because it could. It doesn't add anything meaningful to the series.

That can't be hygienic.

based 90s gothfu poster

I think it's because they got the 'teenage angst' tone right. It didn't feel forced or disingenuous. The two sisters are complete edgelords but its obvious to see that they are doing it to compensate for their vulnerability and disaffection from their community and their parents.

They're very cosy.

it's hot knowing the actresses from Ginger Snaps have all been with black guys

back in the 90s, it was common for pale goth chicks to date black men

Nice to know that black dudes are also thirsty as fuck for goth chicks.

and goth chicks are thirsty for black guys

everyone is aroused by big black cocks contrasting against milky pale white skin

I see you've given black cocks a lot of thought.

yep, im a cute white tgirl too :)

end yourself :)