Why the fuck didn't they just adapt it normally

Why the fuck didn't they just adapt it normally

They tried to make it more complex but ended up making it less intelligent

Attached: 250px-TheBoysPoster.png (250x312, 128K)

Other urls found in this thread:

oneangrygamer.net/2019/08/the-boys-on-amazon-got-woke-by-altering-starlights-origin-with-metoo-subplot/90023/
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AudienceSurrogate
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Also Hughie is supposed to be a regular dude5

Not a fucking basedboy

I don't care when a show doesn't adhere to the comic as long as they're making a change for the better. This wasn't one of those times.

Hughie in the comics looks like a fucking white supremacist

comic came off as just edgy. something only teens would read. I cant imagine a truthful adaptation being any good.

I liked the comic, but it was more guilty pleasure than genuinely good. The unrelenting edginess tended to overshadow the good bits. The show isn't perfect, but I think making the tone a bit lighter is a massive improvement.

Attached: The.Boys.1-4-2.webm (1920x1080, 3M)

>Less intelligent

The shitty comic has garbage like Tek Knight aka Batman be a homo who has a compulsive need to fuck any orifice he sees.

>Anything by Garth Ennis
>Complex and intelligent
You have to be 18 to post here

I bet you enjoy the graphic novels of Garth Ennis

(I do unironically)

what the fuck was his problem?

He's based on Simon Pegg though

Because amazon understands that an adaptation meant for the miniscule amount of nerds who give a fuck about the comic is a waste of finances, and that 97% of all comic book writing is trash that needs to be changed.
Doesn’t change the fact that he looks retarded in the comic.

God Bless America

I only enjoyed Punisher MAX. Goddamn i love punisher max

>starlights new costume is designed by a marketing department
>not Homelander drawing on her with a sharpie

Less kek but probably a good change

I want Simon Peggs comfy cardigan

I don't want basedHughie to shout at him :^(

I want to sit on the couch and watch telly with him

>the Boys don't know what Compound V is

Okay that's a massive change

Not sure I like it

Tek Knight wasn't a homo, Swingwing was. Tek Knight had a tumor in his brain.

>3 eps in
>no sign of The Female

They're not really a formal group at all in the show, their origin stories and their coming together is the focus.

Literally just watch 1 more.

lol, wee hughie is literally onions wojack

Tek Knight saved us all, he's a hero of fucking.

This

Punisher Max is the only good thing he has ever done.

Amazon did the exact same thing with Man in the High Castle. These writers have to put their "original" spin on everything.

>Tek Knight aka Batman
He's Iron Man, dumbass

This scene was actually fucking great

Homelander did nothing wrong

Yea Forumsbrainlets are not welcome here.

>ennis
>intelligent

Home lander says that the department designed it then drew it on her in the comic, all they did was remove the drawing on her, it was always designed by PR team

dubs of truth

Do not watch this series. It is actually SJW propaganda. If you watch it, you're literally raping children, supporting ANTIFA, and killing white people.
>oneangrygamer.net/2019/08/the-boys-on-amazon-got-woke-by-altering-starlights-origin-with-metoo-subplot/90023/

Attached: tumblr_mcql8vM1KU1qfxv5io1_400.jpg (400x300, 45K)

no he doesn't retard

Because "lol dude gore and sex lmaooo" doesn't translate well to screen and would come off as one of those cringy Scary Movie derivatives.

Because the original was just retarded. Smoking aborted fetuses?

How can one man be so wrong

He has a butler in an old house with a batcave under it

I like almost everything from Ennis but this particular source material was pure shit, bro.

He did the most iconic Hellblazer run.

Also some parts of Preacher are brilliant.

>Yea Forumsmic is better because it has more gore and edge, also superhuman rape baby shooting lazers was hella f***ing epic

Attached: 1564846585920.png (205x246, 6K)

>Why the fuck didn't they just adapt it normally
cause the comic was shit. Garth ennis has the brain of an edgy 15 year old who listens to slipknow and linkin park.

>Smoking aborted fetuses?
I hear this all the time on liberal chats, pretty fashionable.

>M-muh comics!!!!!
Shut the fuck up about your autistic little picturbooks you turbo retard.

Ever wondered why no woman has ever shown interest in you? It's because you're a fucking turbo autist little virgin retard.

I hate you. You're probably white. And intstead of knocking up some slut (probably the only woman suited to you) you just sit on Yea Forums shitting about "BOOOO HOOOO MY LITTLE PICTURE BOOKS ARNE'T 1 FOR 1 PORTRAYED IN MY MILLION DOLLAR SERIES OMG THIS IS THE WORST THING EVER"

Literally have sex, knock up some slut, spread your seed.

No wonder the white race is dying out you little fucking CUNT. FUCK YOU YOU DON'T DESERVE TO BREATH YOU NECKBEARD RETARD FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU

have sex

Stop bullying the Yea Forums nerds 2bh

>Why the fuck didn't they just adapt it normally
>They tried to make it more complex but ended up making it less intelligent

Well, "normal" for this comic is chock full of degenerate drug use, homo sex with young boys and child killing, so of course they couldn't go all in.
I wouldn't say "less intelligent", I would say "watered down" and definitely "paint by numbers" and basic Hollywood trope filled boring bullshit.

They completely altered the character arcs of everyone involved. EVERY ONE.
Starlight doesn't get over her cocksucking and hero depression until halfway through.
Hugh doesn't go all in till he kills A Train.
Butcher doesn't go all in till they kill Terror
Mother's Milk doesn't lose it until his daughter bangs his ex wife
Etc, etc.

can't they see homelander on radars?

In episode 4 during the Spice Girls speech what was with that random fly that buzzes right on the camera real loud?

Attached: 1564630717135.png (778x638, 84K)

Never read the comics but I have to say I'm not a fan.
>muh dark superheroes
would be fine if they had real personality and drive outside of "haha I'm a jerkbag douche!" Plus it does the classic
>everyone is bad!
>b-but the women are all pure hearted angels forced into bad situations!
then their backtrack in an attempt to give the super heroes a backstory just feels lame
>!flash is actually just scared of not being the fastest!
>!invisible man isn't actually that bad of a guy! and likes his son!
>!aquaman is actually bullied and unloved, so its okay that he raped our main girl
then all the "bad" about the world is so cliche
>oh look christians! so evil! aren't christians so bad XD

The "genius blackmail" shit is so cringe too.
>nobody would buy this!
>well i took nudie picture that means everything works out now!

>we have all this proof
>well coincidentally now super terrorists!
like fuck off.

I get what they're going for, but its handled so badly.
Everything regarding the main girl is just annoying, from her personality to all the "bad" things that happen to her.
>we're selling you as a down to earth, moderate superhero
>haha now wear this slutty outfit that totally goes against the message we were going for, or you're fired!

>world is filled with superheroes
>not a single one joins the police or military by themselves and everyone signs up for the same single company

Not a single thing about this show fucking clicks. Fuck the faggot the recommended it to me.

Attached: 1544215721451.png (935x468, 72K)

>can't they see homelander on radars?

What type of radars? You wouldn't pick up something that small unless you were an AWACS - and even then, you would have to be looking for it and set you antenna to "pencil beam" - and you still might not register it on your display.

Former Radar and radio guy

He is bigger than a bird, he has some metall in his clothes, he moves extremelly fast like a rocket and you can pick up even smaller rockets on radar.

Imagine getting this mad about comics.

>
>>can't they see homelander on radars?
>What type of radars? You wouldn't pick up something that small unless you were an AWACS - and even then, you would have to be looking for it and set you antenna to "pencil beam" - and you still might not register it on your display.
>Former Radar and radio guy

Just to clarify, if the Homelander was flying directly at an aircraft equipped with a Civil Aircraft Missile Protection System or TCAS, it might set off an alert as he might be classified as a missile. Especially if he used he eye beams depending on their temperature.

Was the comic really all that good?

The comic was garbage. Ennis can't write for shit. All of the changes were an improvement. Go back to, Yea Forums.

No. It's edgy for the sake of being edgy. It reads like a 16 year old wrote it in between shifts at Hot Topic.

In the comics is the Wonder Woman the only one of the core also a good person?

Yawn Capeshit how origional

>He is bigger than a bird, he has some metall in his clothes, he moves extremelly fast like a rocket and you can pick up even smaller rockets on radar.

"some metal in his clothes". That's really what you went with?

"you can pick up smaller rockets on radar". Really? Which ones mr comic book expert? Be specific.

Many of the alert systems are detecting the TEMPERATURE of the rocket exhaust, NOT the mass.

That's why birdstrikes still happen mr brainlet - they show up as weather and not solid individual birds/objects.

One day you'll learn you aren't as smart as you think you are, get dunked on in real life and SEETHE forever at how you talk shit and mistake it for intelligence.

Attached: tommy 21049_262422841918_630561918_3434297_4481747_n.jpg (604x453, 56K)

>be radar man
>work with radars for years
>tell people how radar works
>some faggot still thinks he knows more because he watches tv

being a little angsty after abetting in the murder of a plane full of innocent people doesn't make her a good person. Also the implication that they're murdering anyone who commits a crime for shits and giggles if they can get away with it.

No, partly because he's way to small but also because they are in the middle of the ocean. The way you keep track of planes in those places is by transponder.

Being upset while the main villain does evil by tv logic makes you one of the good guys.

I just checked it, the art is so bad it makes comic unreadable, and yeah very edgy

No one knows.

Dunning–Kruger effect in action

>No, partly because he's way to small but also because they are in the middle of the ocean. The way you keep track of planes in those places is by transponder.

Correct, and that transponder system relies on OTHER aircraft to detect, log and relay that signal to other aircraft and ground stations.

There is no real designated satellite network to specifically track aircraft transponders - BUT, if the aircraft is outfitted with the modern GPS antenna system, a satellite might log their last ping for search and rescue.

Military Aircraft ALL have Satcom, civilian aircraft do not.

Ok. At least it's something that most other people noticed.

Doesn't matter. She gets offed by Homelander.

There was another fly in another episode and I though the focus on the pigeons in the park was kind of weird.

I read 1-15 before the tv series. It's barely readable garbage. Art is ugly, no character development. Amazon series is MUCH better.

Besides frying the plane's controls

>tfw amazon most likely won't introduce Love Sausage

Attached: 1562906324632.png (831x799, 329K)

>oneangrygamer.net

Attached: 1562472945462.png (300x300, 192K)

Deleting Love Sausage is too much. Glad I stopped giving them money after The Tick got cancelled.

>>tfw amazon most likely won't introduce Love Sausage

I thought it was gay and juvenile at first, but that character grew on me and ended up making the story better - especially when Butcher killed him and really forced Hughie to realize who the baddie really was.

he's clearly a jab at both characters.
swingwing wasn't a fag either, that's why he ended up offing that kid

Nothing will ever match the coziness/cool levels of punisher max

>Deleting Love Sausage is too much. Glad I stopped giving them money after The Tick got cancelled.

the Tick was shaping up to be a great series, I guess it didn't have enough blacks, gays and strong women in it for them

There's no character development because you only read 15 issues of a 72+ issue series.

then what the fuck is the point of hughie in the show?

>Nothing will ever match the coziness/cool levels of punisher max

Except when Kingpin is getting his shit pushed in in jail, that was pretty weird.

thank you reddit, very cool

Dastardly and Muttley was lovecraft-hanna-barbera kino.

Attached: das.jpg (1654x2560, 1.02M)

literally seething

Attached: man of laugh.gif (640x266, 3.26M)

the comic is dogtrash

eh the comic isn't really that great either though it had some good bits it in it but those were mostly off the cuff comedic moments that had little bearing on the overall plot. in the end the comic just boiled down to "everyone is shit and a bit of a retard," the premise could have taken it into more interesting places but it's ennis so you get what you get

you sound pretty autistic desu

Shame about all the jew shit

This show is pure jew garbage, the premise itself is so contrary to reality "dude dumb right wingers would lap that shit up" while they litreally cant keep their mouth shut at latest superhero garbage

fuck soipeople and fuck jews

But the revenge was pretty brutal he paid crusty hobos to gang rape their wives and then rape them back.

Butcher used him as a way to plant a bug in Vought headquarters after his girlfriend's death.

This but unironically.

Homelander did literally nothing wrong

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AudienceSurrogate

Frenchy is the best boy.

Its still pretty ridiculous, 1, you can't just fuck the kingpin, it don't work like that. 2, you wouldn't fuck with the kingpin precisely for that reason.

So they do not work for the western Intel community? What the fuck is the point then?

Attached: 1564779560131.jpg (1491x974, 35K)

Attached: The.Boys.1-7-6.webm (1920x1080, 2.99M)

Attached: The.Boys.1-7-5.webm (1920x1080, 2.98M)

You could make the same argument about
>You don't mess with Frank Castle
but every time someone does, and they get fucked

well technically that wasn't ennis, that was Jason Aaron. Ennis last issue in MAX was #60

Yo, is that Sora?

Was the wife raped or did she cheat?

Except the kingpin is on top of the world essentially and everybody knows him.

Frank is just some dude, yeah he's a bad ass dude, but he's just some dude who comes into your life and fucks with your operations. Its a bit silly when someone fucks with him just to fuck with him, but its Frank that goes out of his way to cause problems, and will cause problems regardless. If you don't fuck with the kingpin, you can do business. If you don't fuck with Frank, he's gonna kill you anyways

It's actually impossible to be less intelligent than a Garth Ennis comic.

Attached: The.Boys.1-7-1.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

>Frank is just some dude
actually he's pretty well known in the criminal underground. Besides that wasn't 616 kingpin. That was max kingpin

Attached: The.Boys.1-5-2.webm (1920x1080, 3M)

>unironically posting oneangryincel

Do they make the girl suck everyones dicks in the show?

Don’t they all sign with vaught because their parents signed a deal with them to give them super powers?

In the comic the WW does nothing but sit around having drinks served to her by boot lickers and fucks a series of replaceable boytoys.

The rest of the story doesn't imply they're forced to work for vaught or anything. They just do because reasons.

Plus if a hero said fuck it and joined the army, what would they do about it.

A lot of stuff Ennis has done is shit and his quirks/mannerisms as a writer often make me cringe hard, but let's be real, he's written some really great stories.

>Plus if a hero said fuck it and joined the army, what would they do about it.

If we're talking about comics? Getting a defense contract is the main goal of VAC (the corporation behind supes). They did try to sell them to the army and it backfired. Supes are high maintenance (used to expensive lifestyle, getting a lot of attention), untrained and highly unreliable so it's unlikely the army would even want one in the first place, even without considering the still significant opposition to VAC in the government.

The snarl and bulging eyes
Karl is so great

They always seem to do that with comic adaptations, look at preacher and the mess that is the walking dead

Does he do the Sora voice?

>sell them
that's my point, what if they just said fuck VAC and just joined the military as a civilian, or joined the police force as a civilian as opposed to being a corporated sell out.

They can't really do much unless they want to show their cards and what they've been up to. They can just kill them off, but that's pretty noticable in its own way.

I'm just bummed we didn't get The Deep from the comics. I loved his design.

I can also understand changing some storylines to streamline the whole overarching story, just a bit, but they changed some MAJOR plot points. Unless there's a big tweeest coming in the next season, it's going be kinda hard to sympathize with Butcher. The are also some gender swaps I don't understand at all. Though, seeing as they killed Stillwell, they might introduce the male counterpart next season.

A lot of the casting is pretty stellar. Starlight is pretty spot on. Maybe a couple of kilos off, but still.

The fucking filters Amazon use are obnoxious.

he didn't know how to fly a plane

>that's my point, what if they just said fuck VAC and just joined the military as a civilian, or joined the police force as a civilian as opposed to being a corporated sell out.

Because the military doesn't want supes, for reasons I gave in my previous post.

lmao the comic is trash

>!aquaman is actually bullied and unloved, so its okay that he raped our main girl
I don't think that's what they're trying to say.

I think it's more like this:
>he's a rapist
>he's also kinda sympathetic and not some one-dimensional villain
>but he's still a rapist

He'll probably get some kind of redemption arc next season.

Right, I thought one of the seven could control flies and shit and was spying on the Boys. And nothing came of that. WTF. The flies were too in your face and CG to ignore. Easter eggs for Season 2?

Right but throughout the show he's shown to have incredible control over his eye beams, whereas here he not only uses too much force, but AFTER he kills the terrorist, he turns his head BACK to burn the control panel.

Although he didn't know how to fly, someone else on the flight might have, or he could have picked up a pilot from the ground and carried them up while Maeve kept the plane steady.

>he's a rapist
>implying
is every John who picks up a prostitute a rapist

yeah but that's as a corporation. Not all supes are the super popular ones with tons of pampering. And some of them obviously have a drive for doing good. So it wouldn't be that strange for one to decide they want to actually help people. Famous and Rich people join the military all the time despite not needing to. Plus even with ulterior motives they could just join the military to kill things.
While they might be untrained, I'm sure they'd like a super fast bullet proof dude. And they can train him later, and if he refuses to cooperate they just let him go.

For all intents, black mailing someone into having sex with you and threatening to ruin their lives is essentially rape. Its more rapey than just drugging them.

I'm pretty sure it's rape if you force someone to blow you.

I mean, it's not as rapey as physically forcing her down on all fours and pounding the life out of her. But it's still pretty rapey.

>For all intents, black mailing someone into having sex with you and threatening to ruin their lives is essentially rape.
Nah I disagree
I'm pretty sure it's rape if you force someone to blow you.
He didn't force anyone to do anything. There was never a point at which her only option was to suck his dick.

Again, there is a huge prejudice against VAC amongst those who hold power (the rest are in VAC's pocket). Any of them learn a supe joined the military, it's like VAC is already one foot in so they can't allow it to happen, seeing as they've been continuously screwing up across the years (WW2, Vietnam, 9/11).

three jews

>well its not rape, I only held a gun to her head and fucked her. She could have chosen to die instead so its not rape.

he wasn't threatening her life, only her career and reputation with the 7 (even though we find out nobody cares about him so his threats were empty). she probably could have threatened HIS life. but she wanted the job. it's highly unethical but not quite rape.

>black mailing someone into having sex with you and threatening to ruin their lives is essentially rape.
She was at most threatened with a job loss. Not like the Deep could do any of that, as we've learned. But even if he did, blowing someone over wanting to keep your job isn't what I'd call "rape". It's blackmail, sure. But he didn't force her to do anything. She had the free will to just walk away

>held a gun to her head
See what's happened here is you've had to use a different example to make it sound like an actual rape, if you had to describe it as it actually was
>he made it seem like the girl would only get a thing she wanted if she sucked his dick
then it wouldn't sounded rapey enough because it's not rape

>it's unlikely the army would even want one in the first place
Some low-tier superfag who's merely bulletproof and super strong would still be very useful to the military

what if you're using a waterpistol?

Fuck no I swear everyone bitching about the show never read the comic and are just using that angle for their "I hate everything" void of personality. Only thing I hate is MM having no purpose in the show and Starlight being literally perfect. Everything else they're complaining about is just different takes on the characters which anybody not familiar with the comics wouldn't even know. Like everyone bitching about Butcher when they haven't even seen where the writers are going to take it. I don't want to see a shot for shot adaptation, and you manchildren would whinge and complain it cut out something meaningless like the superduper arc.

I've read the whole thing and last 20 chapters is just Ennis tl;dr SJW rants. The first half is just "The Boys investigate thing, it goes tits up, The Boys kill everybody effortlessly with baseball bats." The only good part is Frenchie and The Female because they're wholesome, comic relief from the constant attempts of "political thriller" he kept shoehorning in.

yes

>something only teens would read.

t. Watched all Marble movies

Grow up, soiyboy

Considering she's a supe, her job and reputation is her life. One of the top heroes threatening to basically black list you from the industry, which is the only thing you've worked on your whole life, is essentially saying he's going to ruin your life. Especially if he can convince the company to fuck with you as well, which he probably could do.

If bill gates came up to you and told you to suck his dick, or he'll ban you and any company you work for from windows, you basically have no choice but to suck his dick.
you have the choice of being a poorfag homeless person or sucking his dick. Not exactly much of a choice.

i think you're the retard here man

Fury max is also good

That's just how your average Scot looks. Not even joking. Everyone here gives the impression of basedman or gopnik racist

Attached: buckfast.jpg (280x390, 23K)

Yes and no
No because there is sometimes dumb edgy trash for the sake of edgy trash
Yes because the main themes (militaro-industrial complex lobbying) are rushed in one season while it covered the majority of the comics storyline

>Considering she's a supe, her job and reputation is her life. One of the top heroes threatening to basically black list you from the industry, which is the only thing you've worked on your whole life, is essentially saying he's going to ruin your life
He threatened to expel her from the Seven, not from the "industry". Not to mention that she could have been a hero regardless, as we know she was a practicing hero on the streets before Vought brought her in
>If bill gates came up to you and told you to suck his dick, or he'll ban you and any company you work for from windows, you basically have no choice but to suck his dick.
That amount of projection. No, I won't suck his dick. I'm not a dumb whore. I will find other work. It's that simple
>you have the choice of being a poorfag homeless person or sucking his dick. Not exactly much of a choice
I didn't know working for Microsoft is the only job in the world.

This, it was Kick-Ass tier edgy

I have mixed feelings about the show. On the one hand, it's an adaption of The Boys, and it's definitely as good as it's going to get considering the source material. But on the other hand, there are some things I miss from the comics, and I do watch because I want to see the things I liked from the comic come to life on the screen. I really liked Stillwell and The Deep from the comics.

But yeah, the comic isn't that good.

It's garth ennis ripping into the comics industry for 70+ issues

some of the actual plots are fine. the characters are fun.

He also threatened to say she threatened his life and assaulted him.
>I could totally live without using windows software
good luck finding a single company worth working for that doesn't use a single microsoft product.
>no power point
>no word
>no windows
>no active directory
enjoy your chinese family owned sushi restaurant in downtown detroit.

Because your little comics are written on paper, and Television Shows involve moving pictures and sound.

>He also threatened to say she threatened his life and assaulted him.
So? There's really no proof of that apart from a few broken screens. Not really a viable threat even without knowing that the Deep is full of shit.
>good luck finding a single company worth working for that doesn't use a single microsoft product.
First Bill Gates doesn't really have that kind of power. Second, this has little to do with what the Deep did. What the Deep did is more akin to Harvey Weinstein saying "hey, if you suck my dick, I'll star you in this movie" rather than what you're suggesting.

>So? There's really no proof of that apart from a few broken screens. Not really a viable threat even without knowing that the Deep is full of shit.
And? When one of the most famous people in the world threatens you, you tend to stop thinking of everything logically.
>its more like the guy who got charged with rape
ok.

>Some low-tier superfag who's merely bulletproof and super strong would still be very useful to the military

Being bulletproof and super strong is not low tier at all - there are only a handful supes with these qualities (in fact, nobody's really bulletproof save for that one supe who can make himself invulnerable). They are too unreliable and come with a huge stigma attached. Again, the only people in power who would tolerate supes in the military have been in VAC's pocket.

>And?
And? It's simple. Does her whole life depend on her being part of the Seven? No. That's pretty clear. In fact, she herself said that she prefers not to be in the Seven, but continues to do so because it was her dream since childhood. But it's not needed at all for her. She did fine without it.
>ok.
Yeah, some even bigger jew set him up because he became expendable. The point is, all of the women Weinstein "coerced" had a choice to do what they want. They could either have sex with him or not. That's not rape. In a rape scenario, you don't get to choose what you want. You're just forced to adhere to what the other person wants. There's no choice you can make.

The Darkness was great

>the JEWSSSSS
good to know who I'm arguing with.

>spergs out at the mere mention "jews"
Oh I see, a member of the tribe or a sensitive liberal rushing to defend his masters?

funniest scene in the show

Attached: 3e8bd46c03d952a75010849460e50bc17686deedb4e61cd7848c76912a4181a4.png (1920x1080, 2.89M)

>Becca sends butcher into a downward spiral that results in multiple lives ruined and deaths , including kids(mallory's grandkids)
>all to get that super dick
are women truly this evil? Also will the boys use the fucking compund V like in the comics?

Attached: The.Boys.1-5-1.webm (1920x1080, 3M)

>”Maybe Translucent can come see you next week!”
>The doctor shaking his head
>The change in emojis

>oneangrygamer
>one post ranting about sjws, one post about cheat codes
>it goes on for all the other articles
so this is the power...of gamers...

depending on if the sex was consensual or not she might be the single worst person in the show
Butcher went through Guts levels of suffering in this show
>your wife gets raped
>she dissapears for years
>fired from FBI
>go nuts
>go through herculian task of taking down a whole system of superhumans
>beaten,shot at, followed all the way through
>all your friends captured
>see a video that shows that your wife may have actually gotten that dick of her own will
>go nuts more, blow up a toddler trying to kill self
>saved by Homelander
>wife's actually alive
>bred and raised son of the man he hates the most in the world
fucked up

Attached: bb0397a14c9443be02e99a8452b5bcdc423ec9ccc7a7c635b0bcd35f91cd034a.jpg (1920x1080, 143K)

>are women truly this evil?
yes

Jesus christ I think I'm a SJW now. Cringe.

Attached: f243b5bdffbd9b96d93fb576df49b35d.png (631x116, 11K)

At this point how can it not be consensual? Unless Homelander had something on her, but it just seemed as an usual groupie/supe situation.

It's a good show doing a few cleaver things, but the romance subplot is so cliched it drags the whole thing down.

Attached: 62053.jpg (225x350, 31K)

but Annie is sooooo cute it brings it up again

What's the point of The Deep in the show after episode one? His plot just meanders and doesn't progress the main story.

i thought he was highly enjoyable

Attached: this kills the crab.webm (1280x720, 3M)

Adaptations of anything by Garth Ennis have to be changed drastically, the dude has some good ideas, but he can't control the edgy 14 year old boy in his head.

because he's an intellectual

Attached: The.Boys.1-7-2.webm (1920x1080, 3M)

no man you dont get it i need 20 random scenes of rape and baby eating per episode or else the show panders to SJW cuck jews

>b-but muh watery, vague definitions of "rape" totally don't trivialize the very definition of it!

I want onions-men leftists and women to die painfully

>accusing others of being onions men while claiming that literally saying words to a woman is rape
neck yourself

it was sarcasm you literal fucking autist. women trivialize rape by watering down the definition

He's funny as the dumb meathead, but it didn't feel like the show was bold enough to be a bit more subtle in their characterizations.

> Homelander is supposed to act like a wholesome Superman but be a ruthless psychopath underneath, but in half the scenes he acts like a ruthless psycopath
> The Deep is supposed to be a dumb meathead dudebro, but he doesn't really have those manners or demeanor and instead just becomes a loser victim in the last three episodes
> Starlight is supposed to be a fairly naive but wellmeaning countrygirl, instead she acts like calculating stronk woman in every scene she isn't a victim in (or dating)
> Maeve is just kinda...realistic? Supporting?
> Translucent is... a dude?
> Black noir doesn't do anything, despite having a great opportunity for mannerisms.

It's honestly pretty shoddy direction across the board, the actors could honestly be a lot more nuanced and multitasking in their performances, but it's all fairly stiff and still just waiting for plotpoint A get to plotpoint B. It's all character actions more than acting.

she was obviously a cheating lying slut. im surprised more people aren't calling the butcher a cuck for being hellbent on avenging a whore who left him the ultimate chad.

what episode was this? i kinda slept through the whole thing and miss the little details.

It is better. The comic is pure shit.

brought to you by the quartering

take your meds, or nice bait

>gillgina

He could totally have saved the plane. Not exactly noble given he caused it to crash

Heroes cant be fags retard

Attached: RCO018.jpg (1037x1600, 414K)

Ok incel

Attached: The Boys - The Boys Issue #21 - 15.jpg (1280x1956, 788K)

Unironically this except Lazer eye baybay garbage

Attached: 1564218019812.jpg (1033x1600, 442K)