How to do a strong female lead the right way

>How to do a strong female lead the right way

Attached: CDDBBDFF-017D-4795-AAB6-848D8938B32D.jpg (183x275, 8K)

>throws cum on strong female lead

it's 90s Jodie Foster, it's understandable

...or Scully from the X-Files.

Attached: source (1).gif (500x280, 1.6M)

You grilled me pretty hard, as I recall, on the bureau's civil rights record in the Hoover years.

Attached: TSOTL - 1.5.jpg (1600x900, 144K)

was she a lesbian bros?

at the end she seems to be dating the crosseyed insect guy who had hit on her halfway through the film

TSOTL does a very good job making you feel the sexism she's surrounded by without beating you over the head with the message or making a big fucking deal about it. It's just matter of factly, and kind of subtly, something she has to just deal with regularly. Great movie in every way.

I think the best female character of all time is Marge.

>supportive of her deadbeatass husband and appreciates his eggs
>a mother
>smart but not too smart
>doesn't really take shit
>that cunty-politeness that only a midwesterner can display
>only one scene where she's gabbing with another woman about chick shit

Marge is how you write women.

Attached: Fargo_11329_Medium.jpg (423x615, 53K)

>hmm we want to address sexism do we hit people over the head and make the the female leads shit with no real qualities or do we use realistic and subtleties
STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI

Correct.

Great fucking character.

OP here I am so embarassed, I meant to post this image, please forgive my error

Attached: 1554795004272.png (600x300, 159K)

Beatrix Kiddo

All great. Any examples not from the military or law enforcement?

Another great example.

literally no other actress could've done that job as well as McDormand did. It's like trying to imagine anyone else playing Lieutenant Ripley or Sarah Connor other than Siggy or Linda. It will just be cringe

>how to completely butcher a previously established female lead

Fuck Rey.

Here's an actual good sci-fi action heroine who goes through actual development and some pretty nasty ordeals.

Attached: b1c422abaef591fd1f9444ad08efbcc0.jpg (664x907, 79K)

what?

fuck forgot pic

Attached: ABC6F4D3-5010-487D-B131-F0C4D995CED6.jpg (313x470, 46K)

In the book she winds up banging one of the bug dudes, mostly because every other dude she meets is a lecherous fuck who relentlessly eye fucks her and tries to chad her up, which is a major theme in the movie as well

This movie was something else.
Gary Oldman as the crippled pedophile was probably the best thing about it.

also, the favourite

i thougt in the film he was still hitting on her even at the end and she doesn’t want to shut him down because he is a fuckin nerd

what what? halfway through the film a crosseyed guy hits on her when she seeks his and his friend's help to find out information about an insect cocoon they found in a victim. It's really subtle, but in the end of the film he's in that fbi ceremony and there's no reason for him to be there other than he's dating her.

yeah i agree that i liked his part. the rest of the movie was an absolute trainwreck and i’m surprised people here actually praise it

I guess you can enjoy it ironically or if you're drunk as fuck.
It's no surprise that Demme and Foster noped the fuck out when they read the script.

That must have made Hopkins so happy since the absence of those two meant that he could leverage much higher pay from the producers and walk away with shitloads of cash for playing a flanderized version of Lecter.

Could you act any young you underage fagot?

Could you make it any less obvious that you're a disney tranny?

Did Oldman play the guy who kept the pigs? I only saw the sequel the once cuz it sucked.

Yes.
The pig guy is the guy in the wheelchair and fucked up face.

...do you think he visualizes scenarios, exchanges, fucking you?

I'd be willing to bet he did, tbqhwy

What did yall think of red dragon?
Red dragon had Hopkins and my boy ed Norton, but Manhunter had the better "investigation" feel and felt more natural

Red Dragon was an all-around good movie.

Norton's depiction of Graham really surprised me.
Fiennes played a great, multi-faceted villain.
PSH was good for the few scenes he was in.
Hopkins went back to playing Lecter the mastermind, not Lecter the cartoon villain.

I prefer Manhunter overall for that score and general aesthetics. Red Dragon was very good still but felt unnecessary.

it was pretty good. not as good as silence but a millions times better than hannibal

Given that it's supposed to come before Silence, I think Hopkins hams up his performance too much but it's still fantastic.

>the scene where Lecter kills the two cops and escapes in the ambulance

I’ve seen this movie no less than a million times and that shit gives me chills every time

Attached: 95A7D2FB-AD8D-4BED-9F07-EF215E13B8DA.jpg (602x340, 60K)

>.or Scully from the X-Files.
They’re the same character.

Attached: D83E8FAA-CE84-417D-B410-47041605B278.jpg (500x508, 109K)

shame shes a crazy SJW shit talker in real life. That speech at the end of the movie she gives is kino though

IIRC thomas harris didnt even want to write the last book, it ends with hannibal falling in love with Clarice and she falls for him, and they run off to south america to be lovers. Its almost like he torpedoed his own series

Sidney from Scream

if season 4 of hannibal ever gets made, Id love to see how brain fuller tackles this scene as well as the Buffalo Bill. I keep picturing Bill being portrayed as a Frankenstein monster type, severely mentally ill but not knowing any better, actually finishing the woman suit and trying to out in public with it on only to be chased by an angry mob while he wails and has an even worse psychotic episode not knowing what he did wrong

She's not really a "lead". She supports Hopkins

Hopkins was in the movie for 16 minutes