Silent Hill

This is probably the best videogame adaptation that Hollywood ever made.

I know people say mortal kombat is the best adaptation, but i dont think silent hill gets the recognition it deserves
I know it was a little bit slow but it adapted the style of the game perfectly

Attached: 238840_SILENT HILL_1400x2100_Eng.jpg (560x840, 1.03M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NJOJTsmJLLA
youtube.com/watch?v=l1vmrMAqeWM
youtube.com/watch?v=K5107Y5HB8A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I never played the game, but I enjoyed this movie

>I know people say mortal kombat is the best adaptation
lmao they do?

>This is probably the best videogame adaptation that Hollywood ever made.

Along with Mortal Kombat (1995) yeah. Even though Silent Hill (2006) was a Canadian-French affair, but a pleb like OP obviously thinks that every single English-language film ever made is done by Hollywood. What a dumb cunt.

Attached: silent hill.webm (1920x820, 466K)

Silent Hill 3 imo is the scariest in the series, I still can't play the hospital level with the lights off.

they still make these games? do they have online coop?

Silent Hill is total kino

No, Konami canceled the PS4 Silent Hills and removed the playable trailer for it from the PSN store, Hideo Kojima and Guillermo del Toro were working on it, it was a big deal in the video game scene.

Excuse me.

youtube.com/watch?v=NJOJTsmJLLA

Attached: trevor goddard.jpg (1070x1500, 318K)

>Ergh... how... How can I get my characters to go to Silent Hill???

Attached: writersblock.jpg (633x568, 35K)

Who knew Japs could be Jews.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 83K)

The last movie I've seen in the theaters. Love the end scene in the church

rip in peace sir trevor goddard. slags made him end it.

Attached: 1402955886477.jpg (800x533, 231K)

Is there any way to stop the ads on Crackle? I was gonna watch this before it left the service last night but after watching Tokyo Godfathers with it first, ads literally every ten minutes that are also horribly placed(in the middle of a damn scene during dialogue) made me just completely rule out Crackle.

Attached: 1550495381082.png (480x327, 132K)

This was shit and enjoying it proves you're one of the many insufferable leaches who joined in with in the pond scum to suck this property dry for everything it's worth. Parasite, go on and tell us how based it was to see Pyramid head and how shitty every game in the franchise was for not having him in it. This was absolute low-tier direct to television quality and you ate it right up.

Pluto tv has less ads. But no, you cant.
Pluto has silent hill. Pluto has better format to rewind

Who abused you as a child? Family member or someone from school?

I can deal with ads as long as they're actually properly placed in between scenes like on tv, and I'm also good with long ads if they're more infrequent as opposed to a bunch of small ads. How is it in those regards, especially the placement?

Silent Hill is a good movie if you dont know shit about the series. If you do, it's a terrible movie, and dont even get me fucking started on the second one.

Best video movies are
1.Mortal Kombat
2.Detective Pikachu
3.Resident evil Apocalypse

Too bad the movie based on silent hill 3 is such fucking shit

They should Jew a bit harder and re-release the first four games in a collection. Or separate and charge $12-15 for each game. I just wanna play them again.
Fuck, Bethesda did it with the Doom games. Sure there's that email bullshit but I'll take the shit to play some great games.

Motherfucking this, I don't know what OP is smoking
>I know it was a little bit slow but it adapted the style of the game perfectly
Great, why did they murder the plot, though?

Pluto and tubi has less ads than crackle. Crackle is fucking crazy ads wise. Pluto and tubi are not as invasive. They kinda cut the scenes but is not as bad.

Vudu is better too. Vudu has silent hill.

There's a paid subscription and ads placed in very awkward places for pretty obvious reasons, fuck face.

>Projecting this hard when being called out for their fagotry.
Discord trannies say the same shit every time.
>Who abused you?
>Have sex
>Incel
>Go back to /pol/
Have sex have sex have sex have sex obey obey have sex obey obey have sex

It might not be an exact copy of the plot of the games. It might not follow the plot correctly.
But it is the best because:
It got the atmosphere right
It has the music of the game
It got the sets right
It got the creatures right
It got the transformations between worlds perfectly
It got the ashes stuff perfectly
The environment is exactly likethe game

Tell me of another video game movie that got so many elements correctly?
The movie changed the story and the lore. But this movie is a perfect adaptation of the game itself

> Silent Hill (2006) was a Canadian-French affair

This explains why it was so faithful

Triggered much ? Look at you so angry and assblasted

Tubi's ads can completely be bypassed(Hulu's too). It's great. I haven't tried Vudu because you need to sign up and most the free ones are free elsewhere too. I'll try Pluto though. I see that it also has Millenium Actess, and in the original Japanese dub. Wanted to watch all of Satoshi Kon's movies so I'll start with that.

What? That's not true at all. And Crackle doesn't even have a paid version. Why do you talk about things you know nothing about? Makes you look pretty dumb.

On behalf of decent society, please make sure you don't have any access to firearms and go get a psychiatric evaluation ASAP.

I think at this point Konami has the absolute lowest amount of resources dedicated to video games. They're making all their cash off of money laundering pachinko machines. Why take the gamble and risk all that time and money when they can put out another pachinko machine with half the time and money. I'm not sure on the win loss ratio for pachinko manufacturers, but I'm pretty sure when it's the only form of gambling for your country it's sure to be a success. Turn over rate is just too long for video games. Why don't you like pachinko like Konami wants? Why aren't you being a team player? Get on board with pachinko. Everyones doing it. No one plays video games. Besides why buy one video game from Konami when you can dedicate a stream of your money to them through pachinko? Did you know how fun pachinko is? You keep on talking about playing Silent Hill but you've never even tried pachinko. I think it's fairly telling you're just actively rooting for the Konami's failure. Konami doesn't need fans like you around with your stingy pockets, why not give pachinko a shot?

>The movie changed the story and the lore. But this movie is a perfect adaptation of the game itself

The game of Silent Hill is not just the atmosphere and setting. It nailed those points, fine, but if doesn't do the characters and plot of the source material justice, why make it Silent Hill? Why not make an original movie with those good qualities and not botch the plot of the game?
To this day, I don't know why it's so hard to a make a good game adaptation

REPTILE

Konami actually lost the source code for 2 and 3. Which is why the HD collection that was released for ps3 was so broken.

>I think at this point Konami has the absolute lowest amount of resources dedicated to video games.
So no more e3 kino.
youtube.com/watch?v=l1vmrMAqeWM

I mean they released a Contra collection and a Castlevania collection. I don't get why they couldn't t release Silent Hill as a collection. There's a fanbase for it for sure.

Mortal Kombat is the perfect video game movie. It tell the right story, with the right character, with the right setting, with the right music, and is so beloved by fans of the series, the MK11 commercial uses the movie theme.

Really? Well that explains it.
What's the workaround for this then. Get the ISOs from online and use those?

Well it adapted the town of silent hill. I guess you could think of it as a new story based on the town
Its like if it was a new game. Or a new story taking place in this town

It borrowed parts of the plot but its just like a new story.

How do u bypass the ads????

From what I can recall their last E3 was 2018 and it involved a private closed off room for journalists to get their hands on preview of Pro Evolution Soccer. And that was it. No other games, a sad table of snacks and refreshments, security and a bunch of quiet non-enthused gamers fiddling around with PES Fairy Simulator 2018. I long for their autistic presentations. It's almost like they got tired of being made fun of and took their ball and went home.

The work around would be buy the original and just debug it. Konami chose to remake everything from the ground up though.

Ublock. And I just tried a random episode on Pluto and it also bypasses the ads.

Those were emulation level ports. There wasn't a whole lot of time or resources put into something like that for those games. You start messing around with 3D engines and polycount bullshit and shit starts to get tricky. There is a fantastic series on youtube called The Real Silent Hill, check it out. They cover absolutely everything you could think of regarding the franchise. Their HD Remake vids are my some of my favorites

Explains the high contrast image and audio issues.

I have the PS2 versions and they work fine on PS3. I also have the HD collection and it's fine.

What's the issue?

Yeah, I just have to disagree, user. I can't see it as a new story or new game. It's just lazy and nonsensical to me. Don't even get me started on Pyramid Head and the witch burning. Great visuals and sound design, but the movie and it's sequel are def not for me

Pluto's streaming channels are pretty good.

It's bonkers what they fucking did and really is a fascinating how-to on fucking up in video games. They managed to ruin everything from tone, atmosphere, character, audio, visual, control. Literally every element that goes into making a game have soul and be recognizable got washed away with these fucking remakes. The best way to demonstrate how utterly retarded they were is the removal of the game's infamous fog. It was not only an atopherical device to build tension and apprehension, but it was also a technical marvel that managed to hide the hideously short draw distance the game had. With the shiny new remake the decision to remove the fog was made turning the world of Silent Hill into some retarded polygon version of the matrix.

What are some other free ones. Not including Crackle, Tubi, or Vudu. Oh, and youtube movies free section.

These used to be so shit when I looked at them years ago but very recently found they have some gems.

After the Forman Grill PS3, the new models didn't allow for cross generational play. So it's hard to play Silent Hill 1-4 on that format. And now the games are obviously OOP and high prices on eBay.

One of the many reasons that Team Silent were amazing and that their quadrilogy deserves a re-release so they can be appreciated. I mean ResEvil has been shown a lot of love lately, it would make sense for SH since it was the Trek to RE's Wars.

Tim burtons batman was considered the best comic and superhero movie in the 80s and 90s and gave birth to a whole new era of comic movies

But the joker is absolutely nothing like the comic. At all. Gotham is nothing like the comic and even batman is not the same.

If we go by purist ideals like that then a lot of movies would be shit in your reasoning.
Constantine is incredibly different, but Yea Forums loves it. There are plenty of examples.
Silent hill is a very well paced movie on its own and adapted the elements of the game perfectly

I think thats it. Unless you look at streaming sites like gorillavid or putlocker.
You named all of them i think. I mostly watch pluto because of their channels
I love how it feels like HBO when it streams. Their history channel is great too.

Konami just pump like 50 million to their sport games division causing EA to lose 660 mil. They have money, they just aren't using it for (you)r game

I don't think you can draw parallels to SE with comic book movies. The advantage with comics is that with each writer you can get vastly different iterations of a hero, villain, within reason. You can get away with that with comic movies, as long as you keep certain things in intact, the characters, general plot, themes, etc.
There is only one SH1 (alright, two, if you want to get technical, but that doesn't matter, really) to pull the inspiration from, so should be the blueprint for the movie. Using Pyramid Head as an example: that character should not even be in the movie. He has nothing to do with Alessa at all. Where's the moth, the centipede, Incubator? Why stop at making the
atmosphere good? Why not go further and make a good adaptation, as well as a good movie? Like I said, user, agree to disagree, you like it, I don't. And that's ok

There is a perfect video game movie waiting to be made. It just has to take advantage of its source but not be a direct retelling.
That's why I have faith in an Uncharted movie.

Or alternatively to counter my idea, a DMC movie would be fantastic. But it's already getting an anime similar to Castlevania (which is shockingly good)

Tomb Raider and the first Resident Evil too

I like Gans but he didn't understand SH at all. His entire filmography is cool on paper but shit in practice.

Do you mean they pumped 50 million into PES soccer. Because they don't have ANY other sports games so I can't figure out what this division you're speaking of is? Of that 50 million by the way, how much of that do you think is licensing fees for players and their likeness. Come on man, give your head a shake.

Ridley Scott's Legend is the closest thing we'll ever have to a successful video game movie, and even at that it's due to some backward mental gymnastics. Watching Legend is seeing the Legend of Zelda come to life. Which is no big surprise as it was one of the founding inspirations for miyamato

The new tomb raider
Right?

I liked it. Jolie does a good British accent.

Attached: angelina jolie lara croft.jpg (2884x3888, 743K)

Best vidya adaptation coming through

Attached: Rampage_Official_Artwork.jpg (1200x900, 98K)

By that reasoning Jacob's Ladder is the closest since it got ripped off for Silent Hill 2

youtube.com/watch?v=K5107Y5HB8A

Attached: alison_carroll lara croft.jpg (1861x3000, 536K)

the "villains" were about 10x too campy even for the kind of movie this was, but the movie was overall a lot more enjoyable than I was expecting going in.

I mean you're not wrong. I would put it in the category as well. Their influences were so strong it's hard to imaging the games with their cinema inspirations.

It was a super good adaptation as long as you don't count the fact that the actual story has nothing in common with the games, or that pyramid head and the sexy nurses had no reason to be there since they were projections of a specific character because of his hyper specific storyline.

But yeah sure, tits and gore like every other horror movie.

Attached: VI7OGHR.jpg (1025x569, 45K)

Only correct answer right here

Attached: D13CAAF8-5AEA-4AD1-87E4-41C53223B93A.jpg (332x443, 29K)