Game of Thrones’ Finale Script Ruins Drogon’s Iron Throne Moment by Making It an Accident

>One of the most emotional moments in the “Game of Thrones” series finale is when Drogon, the last surviving dragon, burns down the Iron Throne following the death of Daenerys Targaryen. The final “Thrones” episode made a lot of decisions that baffled fans, but one thing many viewers agreed on was how fitting Drogon’s destruction of the Iron Throne felt from both a narrative and thematic standpoint.
I mean, that’s accurate, right? That’s something that we ALL agreed on, RIGHT?

indiewire.com/2019/08/game-of-thrones-finale-script-drogon-destroyed-iron-throne-accident-1202162669/

Attached: E08AEAAF-35C2-4510-B3FD-DF99AB2196CE.jpg (1346x1448, 988K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/420666514971033621/606860946689753099/Game_of_Thrones_-_Ep_806_-_The_Iron_Throne_.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What is a game of throne?

kek, D&D literally could not hit the broad side of a barn without Martin's assistance

That's really fucking funny

>Danerys lays on the ground with a stab wound
>Drogon sees the chair, with multiple swords
>Drogon burns the chair because he thinks it was responsible

This was a better theory.

Attached: 572B6083-8496-4C62-927E-80CF9E392EB2.png (799x374, 35K)

>womp womp woooowowowomppp

FUCK YO COUCH NYUGGUH

>but one thing many viewers agreed on was how fitting Drogon’s destruction of the Iron Throne felt from both a narrative and thematic standpoint.
further proof "many viewers" are genuinely retarded

as if we needed more

Did you really respect anything else from the people who somehow made Jaime rape Cersei by accidental director work?

This show was shit

That means all the times that Jon and Sansa were looking at maps, they had no idea what the fuck they were looking at

first 4 season werent

>fucking up your television show even after it's finished airing
What will D&D do next?

Attached: drinking-vodka.gif (358x188, 3.95M)

Do dragons know what chairs are?

I forgot GoT existed, thanks for the reminder

Now off to fuck up star wars even more

This can't be fucking real.

Attached: 10years.png (400x404, 155K)

As a fan of classic AD&D I always considered dragons more intelligent than most humans and could speak

Oh no no no no ha ha ha ha

Imagine being a fan of a fantasy series for 20 years and you learn the ending like this, and the fat fuck author refuses to write and is likely to croak before finishing it properly

How utterly JUSTed are ASOIAF fans lmao. Imagining their frustration will never be not funny to me

i literally forgot about Game of Thrones a few days after watching this episode
such a MASSIVE disappointment when compared to the first few seasons

Total fucking moron
It doesn't ruin anything because it doesn't make much sense that a dragon would know what that clump of swords is, even if he has some intelligence, that's a brainlet read of that scene

D&D literally treated the show like their own little playgrounds lmao fucking hacks

oof

>the series finale earning an Emmy nomination for Outstanding Writing for a Drama Series
what the actual fuck lol

>>One of the most emotional moments in the “Game of Thrones” series finale is when Drogon, the last surviving dragon, burns down the Iron Throne following the death of Daenerys Targaryen
More like unintentionally hilarious

Err, i thought he melted it down as he was angry at mankind fighting over it and it ultimately caused the death of his mother.

And people here are saying the Joker script is bad. Yikes

What

>one thing many viewers agreed on was how fitting Drogon’s destruction of the Iron Throne felt from both a narrative and thematic standpoint.
citation fucking needed
I seem to remember everyone thinking that Drogon targeting the throne instead of Jon was fucking retarded

Feels great being a TolkienChad.

Attached: 2498482-3x4-700x933.jpg (700x933, 83K)

it's an animal

No man, all those people on twitter laughing about Drogon seeing a pointy thing in his mom and killing the big pointy chair meant they agreed it was fitting! Why else would they talk about it?

Standards at Winterfell High School must be falling

Attached: 1471792141462.jpg (1280x960, 73K)

>The “Thrones” script reads: “[Drogon] looks down at Jon. We see the fire build up in his throat. Jon sees it as well. He prepares to die. But the blast is not for him. Drogon wants to burn the world but he will not kill Jon. He breathes fire on the back wall, blasting down what remains of the great red blocks of stone. We look over Jon’s shoulder as the fire sweeps toward the throne — not the target of Drogon’s wrath, just a dumb bystander caught up in the conflagration.”

Attached: 67752.png (600x580, 360K)

In legend, Dragons they're suppose to be at least as smart as humans. Although i don't know if that carried through to GoT

WE GOT THE STAR WARS JOB
HOLY SHIT WHAT DO WE DO
WRITE THE SCRIPT IN 24 HOURS WE CAN DO IT THIS WEEKEND
FUCK YEAH D

The show never portrayed them that way. They seem about as smart as Dogs

>ARYA
>Say another word about killing my brother and I’ll cut your throat.

>Yara opens her mouth to respond but sees the look on Arya’s face. Yara is as tough as they come, but Arya—Arya’s different.

OH NO NO NO NO

You know every well what's next.

Attached: 4165671-6315110370-tumbl.gif (245x150, 764K)

>but Arya—Arya’s different.
Literally fan fiction tier. Jesus Christ

Same.

I always assumed Drogon and Dany had some kind of psyche connection and that he knew of her lust for the iron chair even if he didn't understand what is was.

And since it was her lust for the iron chair that was ultimately her undoing, Drogon lashed out at it in grief.

Attached: daenarys the violence has escalated.png (940x1039, 691K)

loser

t.George RR Martin

>themes are for 8th grade book reports
DABID

Please erase this shit show from my mind

The acting in the show deserves more praise than it gets. The actors were given this shit to read and still delivered great performances

Jon....

Attached: 86EAF461-61E0-4049-889E-57913255D9CD.jpg (916x1077, 247K)

Okay :)

Attached: Knights in Grey.jpg (3500x2400, 830K)

Half life and duke nukem fan here life is suffering

>but arya - arya's different
Holy shit this reads like an anime

they band together and rule over the human years ago had they were that smart

Why are people mad about this? This is way better than the "it was her pursuit of power that killed her not Jon" shit. No it wasn't, it was listening to other people and loving Jon that did it, Jon murdered her not the pointy chair. Drogon blaming the chair and not Jon is insulting

SO FANNY

Attached: 1545497259288.gif (413x243, 51K)

These are wyverns

I hope episode 8 wins the Emmy to kick start clown world in the eyes of normies

Emmy 4 Emmy too but only because she's based

doesn't take away from the symbolism at all. what, you all thought the dragon intentionally melted the throne on principle?

Why did they have to make her so cute. I mean I don't care about KL peasants anyways.

something about her in season 8 awoke something in me

For me? For me it's tsundere Dany

Attached: 1559683192221.webm (1920x1080, 1.75M)

Season 7 made her the perfect dragon waifu. But it was all taken away.
>[CHAIR CLATTERING]

Attached: 1563759150943.jpg (1200x675, 133K)

They shit writers, half the scenes post s4 are just things that look cool no matter if it makes sense in the story

God i hope she wins it

Attached: 1563292442873.jpg (1080x1080, 144K)

Is episode 5 up for cinematography?

Attached: 805_TheBells_00253.jpg (1920x1080, 146K)

these fucking two hacks must think theyre the luckiest in the world to have gotten this far and being at high school english tier writing skills

Attached: ylwxe6ssfbb31.jpg (811x876, 42K)

Well it looks like Star Wars is in safe hands

It really explains the battle of winterfell plan. They thought they were positioning their troops inside the walls.

>She's so happy in the throne room and Jon comes in and bums her out for no reason
>Begs for tyrion's life like who fucking cares seriously
>You are my queen now and always *stab*
I stopped watching there did it get better after that point

Attached: tenor (1).gif (330x178, 2.26M)

I liked that line. Fuck Yara.

S7 was badass. S8 was full on deredere.

Attached: Game.of.Thrones.S07E04.The.Spoils.of.War.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-GoT.mkv_snapshot_46.58_[2019 (1920x1080, 460K)

TV scripts are full of dumbass jokes like this because most people never see it before it's translated into shooting scripts, it's not literally canon. If you read the LOST scripts they are hilarious because they are full of swear words, every stage direction is something along the lines of "Jack's team run for their FUCKING life, what the FUCK is that chasing them? They sure as shit don't want to find out. FUCK!"

>I liked that line
We know, Dabid.

Attached: 1559770570812.webm (1920x1080, 2.97M)

>Drogon wants to burn the world
The dragon has motivation now?

Attached: 15264765663635.jpg (459x343, 37K)

lmfao what's wrong with her hand!?

Unless you have an interest in a show or movie and want further insight into them reading scripts is incredibly boring. They just don't read well

The moment in question.

Attached: 54143434184.jpg (1178x318, 62K)

scripts that read like books (like the narrator is talking to the reader) are shit

D&D sent her to hell, but she's going even deeper

Attached: 1560539652471.jpg (320x381, 28K)

Attached: 87A64702-C329-4F63-BAD0-BCCADE51D43C.png (777x1200, 616K)

>We'll make diamonds from their ashes

Attached: 15257285915818.jpg (779x520, 241K)

It's not on my cock jacking me off.

Nah the show pretty much cratered. The Bran the Broken and muh stories scene was probably one of the lowest points in the show, if not the lowest.

>the dumb bystander was the audience all along
kino

I wouldn't care that she did that, it was her choice

>not knowing she has regenerative powers

pleb detected

Yikes

Jon, i'm already a demon.

Attached: 1558618471780.png (1200x800, 409K)

Well, there you go, end of discussion.
I never hated waifu fags because they'd stick to their own threads, but these mother of burgers fans are always shitting up actual discussion.

Where's episode 5 scripts. This shit needs explaining.

Attached: 27.jpg (1578x1050, 588K)

Then discuss instead of complaining you dumb nigger

Attached: 1552954431054.jpg (772x534, 51K)

>literally senses her killer intent
It’s just like one of my Chinese animays!

Attached: 152627573478568458.jpg (933x768, 125K)

Nice discussion there bro wow, you sure showed them holy based! Upvoted!!

Imagine the smell.

Why would a dragon want to burn up a throne? What does a throne mean to a dragon?

Maybe you should learn to ignore shit, or just mcfucking kill yourself, you absolute fucking loser.

I love the smell of dragonfire in the morning

If we're being honest, everyone already knew it was shit so there's really nothing to discuss. If you watched the BTE, you'd know this was the kind of shit D&D was putting into the script. If you just go by D&D's words, it's still a bit unclear why Dany just torches the place after she won besides she hated looking at the Red Keep. That's from Benioff, himself or was it Weiss.

Attached: 1451612302857.jpg (640x640, 126K)

>figure it out yourself

Eh, that doesn't strike me as so bad to me. It's a decent negotiation between the speculation that Drogon is very stupid or very smart. He isn't smart enough to piece together that Jon is the one that killed his mother, or even that she's necessarily been murdered. He only knows Jon as a friend. But he doesn't see the chair as an enemy, he just wants to burn things in frustration (after all, it's primarily what he's been trained to know).

What they should have done to make this more clear is spend more time depicting Drogon going apeshit burning the room around Jon and screaming, before flying off.

Anime isn't cringe like this, fagboy

They didn't air the inside the episode for 6 because they knew it was that bad

I miss /got/

well he gets over it pretty quick

>he took his mother's corpse and flew towards the place with lots of magic fire volcanoes
Drogon gonna crash this world with no survivors.

>episode 8

Attached: 084.png (300x256, 102K)

I have literally never had more confidence in my own screenwriting ability.

Attached: 1562953228890.jpg (1024x756, 45K)

He allowed himself a brief moment of rage before he went on his time sensitive mission

Doesn't all of this incessant homage-ing tell anyone anything? You can't write in the voice of an author...because you aren't that author. Martin didn't finish the story. Lucas sold the rights. And these are just the schlock writers. I guess it's a good thing these people aren't cultured and attempting to rewrite good stories.

You can't go home again.

this implies they teach geography and someone would know what's west of westeros if they hadn't flunked it?

>this implies they teach geography and someone would know what's west of westeros if they hadn't flunked it?
Doesn't even make sense because the whole point is that no one knows whats west of Westeros.

that was the high point of the episode, even Cleaganebowle was a disappointment

Unironically what the fuck did they mean by this?

JFC

Attached: laughing.gif (350x193, 1.88M)

Multiple people have tried to sail west in the book lore. You either die or just come around to Asshai, Columbus-style. But D&D couldn't even be bothered to skim the ASoIaF wiki, now could they.

Cleganebowl blew dogs.

.....didn't they both get taught geography by their maester?

>but one thing many viewers agreed on was how fitting Drogon’s destruction of the Iron Throne felt from both a narrative and thematic standpoint.
What? that shit was beyond stupid the dragon don't have any reason to burn the fucking chair unless he know that the greed it caused to Dany was what killed her and then he still have fucking Jon Snow with the knife in his fucking face and doesn't burn him

Attached: 1556679198937.jpg (720x405, 34K)

Lmao how I competent can you be

>Cleganebowl blew dogs.
I never was hyped for that shit, so I wondered what people thought of it.

plz post more of these gems

Attached: shock.jpg (1280x720, 41K)

After killing Daenerys, Jon should have sat down on the throne as Drogon entered. He's slumping, defeated, but doing the honorable thing, tying up the theme that he is still a Stark and ending the cycle of bloodshed over the throne.

>that he is still a Stark
No you aren't, Bastard. Have fun dying at the Wall.

Attached: f9a777dacaaa9ff693852f333133060b.png (825x464, 215K)

Melting a chair isn't going to end the cycle of people vying for power, let alone other worse systemic problems such as nobles like cersei, Ramsay, and the mountain killing and torturing whoever they want without consequence

This. But they're really not meant to. They're just blueprints, they blueprints might look like a mess to the untrained eye, but the building still looks beautiful

What the fuck kind of screen writing is this?
It explains a lot actually.

Any ending that doesn't end with a Targaryen restoration is a shit one. I don't care about romance and babies, Dany had the largest armies and a damn dragon—she should have ended up ruling Westeros with an iron fist. Not mad like Aerys, but calculated and ruthless like Tywin. What an arc that would have been.

Shame that deus ex Jon, Stark bias and lame writing ruined this IP. I've always wondered why the worst writers come up with the best ideas.

>ending the cycle of bloodshed over the throne.

What the fuck are you smoking?

You lack vision...

This guy gets it.

Attached: E656E471-F94F-40A2-9436-3895995B24E9.png (769x365, 16K)

>one thing many viewers agreed on was how fitting Drogon's destruction of the Iron Throne felt from both a narrative and thematic standpoint
>thematic
Sure I guess
>narrative
Nah. They've never shown the dragon's being smart. Dany had to lock them up or else they'd just eat anyone but apparently since then they understand metaphors and symbolism and higher level thought? Nice try

Attached: 1559935858484.jpg (540x412, 28K)

PAX DANAERYS

Attached: 1564768186665.png (317x465, 252K)

inorite?

No it was pretty fitting. You think that fucking lizard was obeying her commands based on how her vag rubbed against it's scales? There was a mental connection and her greatest desire was the throne. Personally I assumed he destroyed it so nobody else could have it if she couldn't because she's a spiteful bitch.

The pdf of the script is 404'd on the Emmy site. Does anybody have it?

I assumed he was angry and wanted to lash out at something but wouldn't attack Jon because he could smell he was a targ but I guess that would be something approaching a coherent story

>chair
>dumb bystander

>these people are paid millions
>they're fucking retarded

>greatest desire was the throne
>The throne can wait, I wanna kiss you Jon
Huh

That's just as stupid as any of these other ideas.

This guy fucks.

>an Accident

Attached: 1564598192394.jpg (693x578, 21K)

no it isn't retard, that's why he let him in the building in the first place, they say over and over again dragons wont harm a targarian

>The retard that couldn't rule a city would have been great at ruling 9 kingdoms
Go back to your fucking containment general

BASED

>This show was shit
Still better than 99% of the other "popular" shit. Series or movie.

>>these people are paid millions
>>they're fucking retarded
gives me hope

>normies watched the Battle of Bastards episode and thought it was fucking epic
>normies watched 8th season and bash nearly every episode for being shit

What changed?

A female character got fucked up

>Teenage girl who ruled a chattel slavery backwater to transition into a functional economy and society and did fairly well can't just conquer shit with an iron fist like Genghis Khan
No

The 8th season was much worse than BoB, although that was pretty bad

She could have ruled that city just fine if she hadn't listened to her retarded advisors. Same goes for the show, the second she followed her own instincts she won. Could have ended Cersei in 10 minutes back in S7.

>Cleganebowl blew dogs.
I see what you did there

Attached: source.gif (300x169, 486K)

>why he let him in the building in the first place
>dragons wont harm a targarian
Both those are wrong and you spelled Targaryen wrong, so please just shut your fucking trap, you imbecile. At best you can say Drogon let Jon past because his mother loved him at the time, hence the script described Jon as the suitor of rider or some shit in that scene.

>Anime isn't cringe like this

Attached: laughinggirls_1.gif (700x285, 3.38M)

I actually like this better.

It would seem there is dissent among the ranks of the waifufags.
Maybe you should get your story straight about what a garbage ruler she was.

It was a shitty moment either way. It’s not like the dragon knew what the throne was; the only thing that would’ve made sense in the moment was torching Jon.

That applies to her whole story, in season 4 jorah advises her to show mercy to Yunkai slavers, which causes all the conflict in season 5-6. Her advisors fuck her over constantly, jorah helps her out in the early seasons but that's about it

Damn right.

Attached: chad tolkien virgin martin.png (2518x1024, 226K)

I was going by the books while he was going by he show, both are valid

Attached: dany.jpg (1200x886, 145K)

What was wrong with the joker script

She's a horrible ruler in both of them.

Are there any even Martin dicksuckers left? After seeing his magnum opus, I can safely say I was right to shit on him all those years.

Attached: 1562120858328.png (549x398, 327K)

E S O T E R I C S Y M B O L I S M

these guys are just too smart for Yea Forums. seriously. you guys have no wisdom. you're like dumb animals in the cave watching the shadows.

No, and she's the only example of a ruler in both of them as well, the show is much worse but still applies

Screenwriters put dumb jokes like that in scripts all the time. Kind of unprofessional imo but far from uncommon

We're reaching levels of JUST that shouldn't even be possible.

Oh christ, I don't want to get started on how many franchises fucked me. Command and Conquer, Mechwarrior, Exosquad, Half Life, ASOIAF, Berserk, Mount and Blade, Duke Nukem. Every single one of my favored franchises ends up blueballing me for decades or for life.

>Any ending that doesn't end with a Targaryen restoration is a shit one.
Any happy ending is bad one.

Hl3 is coming

Some dragons just want to watch the world burn.

I just wanna know what happened in King's Landing after adwd

Attached: 43865e462b612c373b9f8be72e1781f1f33f2aa0dbadca09a2adbf66d9f3a38d.jpg (1366x1759, 1.1M)

Wrong, and it doesn't have to be happy anyway

I've never seen game of thrones. So Sean bean is the king and dies so there's a power vacuum for the throne and everyone in westeros wants to replace him. So his wife the queen is the chick from the Terminator show but she's an evil queen bitch and she is fucking her own brother with who they're scheming to have Sean bean's kids the rightful heirs be banned to some far away land, right, so Dany the blonde chick is Sean beans daughter and somehow she ends up in the version of middle east where she gets raped by Muslims and somehow she has power over a baby dragon and throughout the show she raises an army to get her revenge and conquer back the throne but she also becomes power mad. Then there's the bastard Jon snow I guess he's Sean beans son too, noble at heart but cucked and no one respects him so he has to have his own boring hero journey throughout the show and at the end he becomes respected. But I think in the end he also fucks Dany so they must not be related or maybe its just incest again. Then there's the two kids the ugly girl and the twink who grew up weird, I don't know who they are but I guess they're good guys. And there's an evil ice zombie army slowly coming to destroy the westeros kingdom I guess that's what winter coming means but it's just a cock tease external threat while 99% of the show is internal conflict with everyone back stabbing everyone. There's CIA who I guess is a classic scheming snake back stabber and the midget looks shady too or he's some kind of consigliere to the queen. Then there's red wedding where I guess a whole clan gets murdered by a rival clan and creates another power vacuum. Is this shit really just backstabbing plots constantly with the occasional cgi battle at the end of each season and Dany slowly building her dragon and Muslim nigger army in a disconnected plot. What's the appeal of this shit.

Calm down bro

>but he will not kill Jon
Literally why not?

Attached: 1542785567964.jpg (353x357, 40K)

No, she’s an awful ruler in both

Might become a screenwriter. Seems pretty fucking easy.

>She sneed us from a tyrant
Also, didn't Dany do actually jack shit? Yara pretty much took over Iron Islands by herself when Theon freed her, formerly Euron's.

Attached: Asha-Greyjoy-asha-greyjoy-34689989-600-902.png (600x902, 871K)

There’s a lot of internal description of characters desires and actions. Thought you weren’t allowed to do that in a script and it’s mostly an actor and director thing?

P R A V O
O
T
T
E
R
Y

Not to mention most of that shit didn't even make it to the screen

Compared to who, bran who spends all his chapters in a cave, or Jon who gets himself killed by his own men running a small military garrison? Or in the show I guess cersei or Sansa whose entire rule is offscreen. And no she does fine

he is the american Tolkien, put some respect on his name

Attached: tg.jpg (320x320, 94K)

Depends on how cooperative and how seriously people take things. People with blinding vision, but not as in vision that everyone shares once they see, more like a fucking solar eclipse, they dictate 100% of what actors should feel and show. Dabid and Daniel had such a blinding vision than Miguel Sapochnik went on a podcast to shit on them.

Pretty much 90% of bad decisions in Long Night is on them, Miguel for example wanted to kill Jorah along with Dothraki OBVIOUSLY ALL OF DOTHRAKI.

trying too hard and posted way too late into the thread anyway i doubt you'll get more than 3 (You)s and no redditor will screencap it either

Attached: 1564578522855.png (433x551, 92K)

the first 3 seasons were kino

I just wanted to know how close I was and wondering if I should give it a watch despite having all the plot points ruined and knowing it goes to shit after the first few seasons

>Season 4 scripts are also when Weiss and Benioff’s infamously colloquial style first appears in the stage directions—such as when Jon Snow chokes down a drink that “tastes like day-old cock cheese.”
I hate them so much.

Daily reminder the ep6 script is so bad it made Emilia cry when she read it ahead of the table read

Bran the Broken chuckled lightly thinking the real script was one of the fake scripts they give them.

Attached: mfw it's the real script.png (480x477, 300K)

A lot of the bad decisions are also on sapochnik though, like cutting out the night king fight, or most of the bells episode

Without Dany Euron would be alive and could just take the isles hack and kill Yara from long range with Qyburn's railguns

The first three (arguably four) seasons are definitely worth it, I think HBO and Gurm kept D&D on a tight leash back then. Also, most of what you wrote was wrong anyways.

I'm not the user you're replying.
There was a writer in my country who sold the rights to adapt his work, after some years he said he hated radio dramas but was happy because the money allowed him to finish his other books and build his publishing.
It's funny to see how GRRM just went down a different route. I think he doesn't care about his books or his TV shows at all, I never expected such lack of artistic integrity.

>and build his publishing house*.
Fixed.

And now he's defending it like the HBO slave he is

To be fair, it is D&D's jobs to keep the good ideas and bad ideas out, not just bring in their own bad ideas. Miguel was also the man they wanted to do the Long Night. And he even admitted that he doesn't much care about actually doing the battles as he finds them boring, he just can do them.

That was what people hoped, but nope, it was simply a case of a broken clock being right but for the wrong reason.

Why would he be angry about it, no that's not what cause the death of his mother at all

>since it was her lust for the iron chair that was ultimately her undoing
No it wasn't

>Holy shit this reads like an anime
Anime is above what D&D could acomplish.

I forget the article but apparently she literally made a whole night of getting ready to read it, as in bundled in a blanket with tea and happy and stuff only to become so distraught by the character assassination. FUCK BROS WHY COULDNT WE HAVE BEEN THERE FOR HER??

Fuck I meant reading the season 8 script

Wow

>Created one of the most successful TV shows in history, receiving critical and popular praise and record breaking number of awards
No it isn't

I'm not gonna ride his dick, but I will read those fucking books

Attached: 1558045458688.jpg (800x450, 85K)

It immediately went to shit when they started putting their own ideas in.

So because other characters aren’t explicitly shown to be better rulers and how they are better then that means Dany isn’t a retarded awful ruler?
I think you need to take a break from ecg, you’re delusional

How smug are D&D gonna be when (if) GRRM releases the ending and it's exactly like the show

Attached: weiss-benioff.jpg (768x410, 38K)

But why? He'll never finish them anyway

Only hack writers who think swear words are funny do this. Scripts for most TV shows don't do this

I've got it all figured out user. He used those two dorks to decide what ending he should do. He saw his original plan torn to shreds so it's plan B. The final touches are being done as we speak....FUUUUUUUUUUU

Attached: 1557966830116.webm (1920x1080, 2.57M)

He might. I think once he finishes TWOW in a couple years ADOS will go quickly...

The fat fuck's gonna die soon isn't he?

>Compared to who
Tyrion, Tywin, Ned, arguably even Robert.

>D&D bailed on their first official public appearance, Comicon, citing scheduling concerns
lmao

You're forgetting someone

Attached: GOT503_081314_HS_DSC_3248.jpg (1280x720, 156K)

>Benioff and Weiss also earned a directing Emmy nomination for the “Game of Thrones” series finale.

Attached: 1546718336559.jpg (242x275, 28K)

He's like six in the books.

Ned and tywin aren't shown ruling at all, Tyrion barely lasts, and no Robert is a shit ruler, sets the stage for all the series problems

His rule was still good. After Cersei's schizophrenia caught up with her Kevan and Based Mace were pretty much on track to get the realm back in shape (fuck varys)

Yeah, there's a whole book where she's a generally benevolent and wise ruler where he other characters don't rule in any capacity. You're the one

He was inspired by Donald Sutherland's character in Backdraft.

>imagine the smell

>You either die or just come around to Asshai

No you fucking don't. No one returns from sailing west.

They probably will be, but not so smug because Martin would give them better context. Nikolaj is absolutely right, Jaime's story was never about redemption, season 8 Jaime would've became a Kingslayer just like he did in Robert's Rebellion.

GRRM never cared for writing novels, he wanted to be a Hollywood screenwriter but didn't make it in the industry and decided to write a fantasy novel because they sold well

Was never much artistic integrity in that fat jew

Jeffrey was the best ruler. He kept the hoes in line and so long as he was king treason never went unpunished

Say what you want about Robert, but he managed to rule an entire continent for 16 years with relative stability, despite all the problems.
Meanwhile Danys record is much worse. First she liberated Astapor, which was almost completely wiped out as a consequence. Then she liberated Yunkai, which immediately turned on her once she was gone, then Meereen, which ended up an impoverished warzone dying of the plague.
She also managed to fuck up the economy of an entire continent in one year, something took Robert over a decade to do. He doesn't hold a candle to her when it comes to bad ruling.

True, but the credit there goes to Kevan, not Tommen.

This. Game of Thrones literally exists because he was butthurt that Beauty and the Beast was cancelled.

Agreed.

>I think once he finishes TWOW in a couple years ADOS will go quickly...
Oh my sweet summer child. And no way can George end this in two books. Daenerys won't even land in Westeros till late in TWOW at best or more likely at the very very end

Attached: George is a hack.png (980x2989, 289K)

Gods I was strong!

Attached: charles-the-fat.jpg (551x586, 60K)

Yeah Arya's the author's pet. Jesus Christ I cant believe there are people who like her goofy bottom-of-the-anime-barrel character arc.

Not him but why lie to Bran that he wasn't that person anymore then?

And yeah, I never believed in Jaime "redemption" either. He cucked his king, fought to keep his bastards on the throne, never felt bad about it, only thinks once on failing Elia, Rhaenys and Aegon and is till trying right now in the books to keep his family and kids on the throne and in charge

You're half right, but gurm also wrote agot because of a genuine desire to write a cool story that he couldn't get away with in his years as a TV writer. So you can't really blame him for being interested in the adaptations when they came

That said he blatantly cares about money despite already being a millionaire which is pretty lame

>he managed to rule an entire continent for 16
You mean Jon Arryn and STANNIS, STANNIS, STANNIS, STANNIS, STANNIS, STANNIS, STANNIS, STANNIS, STANNIS, STANNIS, STANNIS, STANNIS, STANNIS, STANNIS, STANNIS, STANNIS, STANNIS, STANNIS, STANNIS, STANNIS did

So, the fatfuck doesn't care about his books or his shows. The fat fuck doesn't give a shit about nothing.

The fuck are you talking about, Yunkai wiped out astapor not her. She liberated them and didn't want to intervene, literal libertarian mindset. No mereen wasn't impovershed, it was improved, it was totally reliant on slave trade and was in decline. She didn't fuck up the economy whatsoever, hizdahr acknowledges this. Besides, who gives a fuck about muh economy, it's a literal chattel slavery hellworld. You realize 90 percent of the population is slaves and she's just empowering them to freedom right? Most of her problems are contrived as fuck anyway, slaves do most of the work, they'll be fine without the tyranny of the masters.

And no Robert fucked shit up, he died before he had to collect the tab, but shit would've hit the fan regardless, plus him ignoring his children being bastards, etc

Can they ruin Star Wars even more at this point?

Attached: 5451815555.jpg (240x210, 17K)

It's because season 8 is written like garbage and D&D are genuinely confused. They are prone to memes like Cleganebowl and it's easy to imagine that they themselves thought Jaime was supposed to be "redeemed" until Martin gave them his ending which they didn't understand.

But they're known everyone's endings since sometimes after season 3

But then why did they make Nikolaj say he's not that person anymore?

He only cares about writing as a commercial endeavor, he isn't the type of writer who writes just because he enjoys it

wait why would a dragon want to burn cersei's cunt?

This. GoT is nothing but money to him. See his stance on fanfiction. He hates it for one reason only, he wants people to pay the original author, even though most fanfic is free. And even he admits the show is nothing but fanfic to him, that because they gave him a truckload of money, and others can do this too, it's now licensed fanfic so it's fine.

Painful image

WHERE DID WE GO RIGHT?

Attached: bad writers.png (780x496, 530K)

Well delegating responsibility is one of the most important skills for a ruler to have.
>The fuck are you talking about, Yunkai wiped out astapor not her.
As a direct result of her actions.
>She liberated them and didn't want to intervene, literal libertarian mindset.
Exactly. She overthrew the old system on impulse, and had absolutely no idea what to put in it's place. Chaos and destruction was the only logical outcome.
>No mereen wasn't impovershed, it was improved, it was totally reliant on slave trade and was in decline.
Slavery was the one profitable industry they had, and she banned that.
>She didn't fuck up the economy whatsoever
She very much did. And not just in Meereen, but in all of Essos. Most of the continent was reliant on slavery. That industry suddenly collapsing means not enough people working the fields, which means large scale famine everywhere.
>You realize 90 percent of the population is slaves and she's just empowering them to freedom right?
She's empowering them to very brief freedom followed by starvation and war.
>Most of her problems are contrived as fuck anyway, slaves do most of the work, they'll be fine without the tyranny of the masters.
They'll be just as fine as the workers and peasants of Russia were after the soviets overthrew capitalism. You can't expect them to be able to manage the economy by themselves.

tldr Don't overthrow a societal system if you don't have a solid plan on how to replace it. And most especially don't expect the locals to figure it out on their own. It's the same mistake America made in Iraq.
>And no Robert fucked shit up, he died before he had to collect the tab, but shit would've hit the fan regardless
It would have, eventually. Still 16>1.

>scripts say that Jon is suicidal and wants to die
>UM, BUT JON HAS A HAPPY ENDING, YOU GUYS. HE TOLD TORMUNDS SO HIMSELF!

Robert "delegated" nothing. He just didn't care and let someone else do things. He didn't select and vet anything except wanting Ned as Hand to do everything for him.

>gets bored of show
>half asses last few seasons

Wonder how Disney will feel when they get bored of Star Wars on the 3rd movie of their trilogy and half ass that too.

>loves his family so much he's willing to kill the woman he loves who he could barely stand to be around, to kiss, comfort or hold
>feels life somehow isn't worth living after killing her despite family now being safe and available to him
What did D&D mean by this?

I was in a creative writing clsss and this is how 85% of them wrote

How the fuck was it fitting from the "narrative" standpoint? Have we ever had, even so much as a hint, that the dragons were fully intelligent beings capable of understanding abstract concepts and human motivations? No wonder the show dipped in quality so much, it's fanbase is downright retarded.

I'm not that big of a fan but it really is such a waste of potential. I have spent a lot of time on the ASOIAF wiki and there is just so much there. So many interesting characters and plotlines that could be worthy of a movie or show. It's all there, I do not understand how D&D could fuck this badly and still have jobs. It's obviously some kind of nepotism. I truly believe I could have done a much better job writing the show, and I've never written anything.

GRRM literally gave D&D the rights to the series because they took him out to dinner lmao, he made a blog post about it like 10 years ago

underrated comment

>I do not understand how D&D could fuck this badly and still have jobs.
they didn't, the show was a risky project but ended up a huge success, from a business standpoint they didn't fuck up

yes, they can and will

Attached: 9E2AA019-BB92-4A26-9F64-52BF7181FE15.png (714x417, 337K)

>she's too strong for him
What affliction were D&D victims of? How stupid can too people be?

Attached: Varys dumb.jpg (700x700, 154K)

>As a direct result of her actions.
Uh no, can apply that same logic to any character in the seriew, that's retarded, that's like blaming ned for the boltons
>Exactly. She overthrew the old system on impulse, and had absolutely no idea what to put in it's place .
She spent the whole book putting a system in place. She didn't overthrow, she empowered the slaves to overthrow the masters, to take freedom that they wanted
>Slavery was the one profitable industry they had, and she banned that.
No it wasnt, you're talking about whole cities that are 90 percent filled with slaves who do most of the work, they're fine without slavery although the economy might take a slight hit, she's already planting crops, irrigating, opening guilds to the freedmen, diversifying the economy
>She very much did. And not just in Meereen, but in all of Essos. Most of the continent was reliant on slavery. That industry suddenly collapsing means not enough people working the fields, which means large scale famine everywhere.
Fuck no, the slaves can do the same work without being whipped, slavery if anything is inefficient
>She's empowering them to very brief freedom followed by starvation and war.
The war is due to.the slavers trying to reconsolidate power
>They'll be just as fine as the workers and peasants of Russia were after the soviets overthrew capitalism. You can't expect them to be able to manage the economy by themselves.
She's literally overthrowing chattel slavery in favor of capitalism, totally retarded comparison, no they'll be fine managing themselves, anything else is contrived fascistic bullshit
>tldr Don't overthrow a societal system if you don't have a solid plan on how to replace it. And most especially don't expect the locals to figure it out on their own. It's the same mistake America made
the slaves in slavers bag are subjugated by an imperialistic empire (ghiscari), dany is just empowering them to freedom, totally different to Us imperialism

>It would have, eventually
"Eventually " meaning approxomately 1 week after he died

This can’t be real

>mfw the people in King's Landing are described as "dumb bystanders"

Attached: 1495246699568.png (449x1197, 67K)

Jon and Dany could fuck a million times and pump out dozens of a babies. That doesn't, in and of itself, make the ending "happy." We already got a "happy" ending without Jon and Dany living together, and it was fucking shit.

Attached: jon throne.jpg (1024x536, 79K)

Emeliafag, you won. I looked for you in the catalog but maybe you haven't posted your daily shackled/spike island thread yet. I waited for a triassic attack thread but none came. So here I must post this hoping you'll see it.

But, again, you won. You've spammed her so often that it happened. I dreamt of her. We were driving, her in the drivers seat and me as the passenger. She smiled at me. I made a joke that I cannot remember. But I do remember her big beautiful smile. Absolutely smitten I leaned over and kissed her cheek. I felt the love and nervousness as though this wasn't a dream but a piece of my reality.

Quickly before I could react she kissed me back. Her lips against mine. Soft with a hint of moisture. She leaned back and smiled again. Big bright and beautiful smile. I went in for more but I woke up.

All day, Emiliafag you wretched spammer, I've been thinking of her. Looking at her pictures, watching clips from her movies, reading her interviews. Three times I've brought myself to climax to get her out of my head and yet it persists. You've cursed me. This is not a life I've chosen for myself. Release me of your bonds.

Obviously it was a fucking accident. Drogon was pissed his mum died, wanted to let out that rage by breathing some fire, but didn't want to kill Jon. So he turned away and breathed fire in a random direction, and the throne just happen to be in the way. Only a person with a peanut sized smooth brain would think it was intentional.

>not being an Emiliachad after Tsundere Dany
Leave. You are not welcome here.

Attached: dany all smiles dagger.jpg (300x550, 90K)

Attached: 1564633278040.png (388x770, 198K)

That actually explains why Grey Worm didn't kill Jon on sight.
>"Unsullied, my men. I heard the news that Jon Snow's sister is going to sail west of Westeros. We'll swim to the opposite direction."

>the biggest shaggy dog stories of all were Ice (Wallers/Others) and Fire (Dany and her dragons)
LMAO

>Yara opens her mouth to respond but sees the look on Arya’s face. Yara is as tough as they come, but Arya—Arya’s different.
Even Arya fanfiction would practice more restraint that this. The amount of pandering is unreal.

Attached: 1495724809602.jpg (1024x934, 78K)

Seethe more, incel

Having a dad who worked for Goldman sachs gets you farther than talent

>high school english tier writing skills
D&D are operating on next level shit. Their solution to plot holes is to just ignore them. Even a high school kid would try to rationalize the plot of a show that has a $100 million+ budget.

Attached: night king wall.jpg (1920x1080, 393K)

I don't understand. How could it be an accident?

Attached: 1563929543336.gif (500x262, 1.87M)

Where the fuck is bannerlord
No it's not at least not by valve devs inhouse

this is looking good

Attached: ps2christopher.jpg (294x443, 31K)

This post made entering this shithole of a thread worth it. Thank you, user.

>delegating responsibility is one of the most important skills for a ruler to have.
The whole point of the WOT5K is the opposite of this, look who Robert delegated to, littlefinger, varys, tywin, pycelle, the same people he complained about to ned about being corrupt he empowered. He also let Jon arryn run his kingdom for him but Jon failed and died while everyone else in his court set the stage for the whole collapse. If Robert hadn't "delegated" and actually took responsibility and ruled, things would've turned out much better, his rule was just a bubble, the show kinda forgot the point of his character

>How the fuck was it fitting from the "narrative" standpoint? Have we ever had, even so much as a hint, that the dragons were fully intelligent beings capable of understanding abstract concepts and human motivations? No wonder the show dipped in quality so much, it's fanbase is downright retarded.

aye, GoT was dreck but these dummies can't interpret anything without it being spelled out in detail.

the autists watching couldn't tell that the dragon was pissed at jon killing dany but couldn't bring itself to roast a dragon rider so shot the fire behind him where the throne happened to be, GOT was bad but the fanbase is much worsse.

>the autists watching couldn't tell that the dragon was pissed at jon killing dany but couldn't bring itself to roast a dragon rider
You know that The Dance of Dragons was a thing that happened, right?

Attached: 2YJ7jS9.png (609x207, 41K)

>STILL talking about this fucking shit

I honestly had no idea fans of this show were so autistic until after it ended and you all threw a temper tantrum and now refuse to let go.

How did this bullshit even get popular in the first place?

Attached: 4.png (128x128, 25K)

But it wasn't an accident in the show. It was a clear and directed attack. Weird take by that woman.

theyre not wrong

>but couldn't bring itself to roast a dragon rider
Aegon the Uncrowned calls bullshit

Yara is an anagram of Arya and I only notice this now.

>august 2019
>boo hoo 8 zeozon was shit

Get it over fucking spergs

It’s a water-animal.

Attached: 6776075E-6F84-413E-844A-466E0A24B254.jpg (299x168, 7K)

Anyone have a copy of it now that its gone?

>Dany kills 100k people
>I know a killer when I see one

Turns out Arya can also sense it

>the biggest relationship, and the climax of the entire series, is supposed to happen in one fucking book
Die, GRRM. Die for wasting our time.

Fucking hell lol

>hbo pulled the final Inside the Episode out of embarrassment

Attached: 130068976.jpg (320x270, 6K)

Because they are fucking retards that have no understanding of character_arcs themes or basic storytelling whatsoever.

Found this

cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/420666514971033621/606860946689753099/Game_of_Thrones_-_Ep_806_-_The_Iron_Throne_.pdf

Because D&D are shit writers, they also could have told Emilia where Dany was going to end 2-3 seasons ago so she had a chance to act right but nah from good to pure evil in 15 minutes of screen time

God bless you.

They knew since 2013. They had years to get to the Mad Queen Dany ending, but instead they turned her into a tsundere love interest, and then made her kill a million people at the last minute. D&D made tens of thousands of people like a character that was hated for decades. They poisoned the well so bad that GRRM's own ending is being attacked.

The point is that it's fucking bad that the dragon melted the throne at all. The excuse that the dragon understands symbolism is a shitty explanation as to why it did that instead of fucking eating Jon. It's miraculously even worse explaining the dragon didn't do it out of symbolism at all by as an accident.

The decision to have the dragon fuck up the throne was just an outright bad idea. That fucker just doesn't seem to understand that. If the dragon tried to fry Jon and the throne was collateral damage then that would have been great. Except that didn't happen.

Dany's baron you idiot

That's actually more reasonable than a dragon burning a chair to make a philosophical point

D&D have been coasting off cool moments that don't make any sense in the grand scale of the story for years

because the worse fate is to make Jon live with the consequences of his actions Jesus did you even watch the episode?

>GRRM's own ending is being attacked
It deserves to be. Bran as king is objectively shit and completely out of line with the series, the historical events George likes to refer to, realism and common sense

he got talked into killing his gf by someone he should hate and definitely not trust

Nothing makes sense

Well yeah I know that but fuck D&D; there's no point anymore seeing how stupid they are. The tragic part about all this is that the defenders of the show's end don't have a clue that's the case or can perceive why people are angry. Those people need to get fucking educated.

So Drogon didn't kill Jon to make a point? And the Unsullied didn't kill Jon? And the Dothraki didn't kill Jon? And they didn't kill Tyrion either?

Prophecies are made to be fulfilled, just not in an expected way. Dany will get pregnant and have a child

umm sweetie you just hate it because you're an incel ;)

GRRM wants a timeskip but has no idea how to get to it. This whole fucking thing is a waste of time.

If the exile is a worse fate than death and Jon believed that, he would kill himself. Given that Jon doesn't attempt to kill himself, it's clearly not the worse fate.

Exile was some work-around to spare Jon from the wrath of the Unsullied, which they believed like total idiots. Nobody in the story or the audience fucking thinks exile is the worst fate especially not Jon.

isildur.gif

Jon wants to die in the script. It wasn't effectively demonstrated in the show at all. He is sent to the Wall, crossing a now independent kingdom, as a punishment. Grey Worm has no idea what the Wall is used for. In fact, the Wall has no use now. Grey Worm even leaves before Jon's "punishment" can be carried out. The Wildlings worship Jon as a god, too. LOL