Do Americans really do this

Do Americans really do this

Attached: 1562102218552.jpg (444x731, 76K)

Get a real job, fucking retards. No one owes you a tip.

Tipping culture is peak retardation, it completely defeats the purpose in the first place

>more money directly to servers
>servers are on point, friendly, and punctual
>only high school job you can make a viable career
No ones going to flip a shit if you don’t tip on a shitty server. You will not be arrested. Can you explain the problem?

Good, fuck that guy. Eat at McDonalds if you're too poor to tip.

this
If tipping is mandatory, then it is meaningless. The boss should just be paying the employee what they deserve.

Literally the only counter argument I've ever heard is "wow look at this asshole who doesn't tip, fuck him". No, I do tip. Because of this nightmarish cultural standard in the US being the norm, I understand that servers need these tips to survive. However, the core system is garbage. The only solution that could actually work is if you make it illegal to give tips.

Also, tipping doesn't actually result in better service, that's a myth. It does result in preferential service to wealthy looking people, though.

If you eat out, you tip. Is that hard to understand?

consumer ultimately pays less on average for the meal and the servers on average make more than their counterparts in non-tipping countries

try to not be stupid for once, okay baby boy?

>get banned for paying the price that's advertised because the owner is too cheap to pay his employees a proper living wage

Burgerland is kinda retarded.

>implying this exchange is real in the first place

>more money directly to servers
More like the employer pays the servers slave wages and often below minimum wage with the justification that "tips will make up the difference", passing the burden on to customers and making their employees financial situation based on the whims of random customers
>servers are on point, friendly, and punctual
you can still get great service in places that don't allow tips and you can still get horrible service in places that rely on tips, this is nonsense

How is a 20% mandatory tip make anything 'cheaper' for the consumer? I could literally pay them minimum wage and it would be less expensive than percentage based tips

Who the fuck texts a restaurant?

Source on these claims?

You’re on Yea Forums. The same place that thinks a scam like Q is real, neets get upset over a video game character wears a bra, and Yea Forums uses foreign terms like kino and 15 year old memes like pepe while insulting movies they hate because a woman is the lead, but watch anyway.

You think tipping is a priority for these simple minded autists?

American restaurants enforce tipping to the point where it's pretty much required, which is absolutely retarded, if i'm tipping it's because you went above and beyond when serving me. If they paid their servers enough, this wouldn't be a problem, but with how tipping in the US works, they get paid less than a dishwasher.

It isn’t mandatory though, you illiterate third worlder. It explicitly says in the OP image that the dude kept going back to the same place and not tipping, which would be the equivalent of going to a restaurant and clogging up the toilets with your rancid shit every time. It’s a private business and they have every right to kick your ass out. If the service is bad, it’s within your right to not tip, but if you keep going back to the same place despite being a selfish ass to the servers then you deserve to get the boot.

Do they even have table service in whatever dirt field you live in?

We made it up.

Attached: jonathan-frakes-nope-its-fictional[1].jpg (640x463, 24K)

>dat cuck response

Tipped employees almost always make out better than min wage. End it because no dumb high school roastie should be making $20/hr

Prove it. Some servers make between $100 and $400 an hour depending on the restaurant.

I paid for my entire college education working part-time at a high end Italian restaurant three blocks from my school. I averaged $600 for three days of five hour shifts.

Yes, because tip is a voluntary payment to the server for a service that is above standard - its not a hidden extra that you are supposed to fork out every time someone throws a plate on your table.
You burgers ruined tipping for yourselves and now everyone is moaning to high heaven about it when in reality everyone everywhere else knows tips are optional.

I eat out, I don't tip. Is that hard to understand?

The servers are better compensated than any other starter job by far, and servers can use their experience to work at better and better restaurants and make over 100k sallery without any higher education and just being polite, efficient, and competent. If you eliminated tipping, the bill would be higher but the servers would lose out on money and the service would suffer. For the love of god think before you spread your shitty opinion. You are attempting to replace a wonderful situation with one that sounds good.

How do you qualify good service? Tbh I'd rather just walk up and grab my order if it saved me money.

If they went above and beyond then tip 45%+,its only fair.
The tips go like this
Bad service :15%
Regular service :20-25%
Good to outstanding service: 25-sky is the limit %

I will never feel sorry that Stacey might not get a tip every now and then when she's consistently walking away with 300 a night for looking pretty and delivering drinks.

Tipping doesn't exist outside your shithole country, Ahmed.

Doordash isnt a thing in yurop? My fatass can go through no human interaction to get my tendies now.

>employer pays less
>consumer pays less
>server makes more money
How does this equation make any sense in your mind? Does the holy act of tipping fart money out of thin air?

>space wages
And without exception they bring home loads more money than any other job of comparable requirements.

That's why it's not any cheaper for the consumer. Are you dense? Waiters are being overpaid at the consumer expense. It makes things more expensive

Its a very little bitch response. Tell them to pay their fucking servers better if they care so much.

This is probably fake but ok

Service workers get the rope
The modern leech

Way to completely miss the point.
I was talking about tipping culture in general being idiotic, and you brought it back to a particular instance. Exactly like I warned against in my post.

Tipping is socially mandatory, in the same sense that you will be despised if you don't do it and every reasonable person is expected to always do it (barring extreme circumstances).

In this particular case, the customer was in the wrong. We agree on that. However, the fact that not paying the employees on behalf of the employer is so expected is an absurd situation.

*bans you*

what fucking restaurant sends text messages

no its not

but dont get butthurt if you are called out for it

stupid or not its universally expected in the US

>giving your phone number to some restauranteur
This is the stranger question.

Enjoy getting banned from your favorite restaurant

Why are waiters getting tips anyway? I would rather directly tip the chef than the person who carries my plates for 20 seconds.

>service can be better or worse with or without tipping
Pure hypothetical bullshit. Spoken like a pseudo with zero life experience. Ask the europoors that have been to America how the service differs.

You sure showed us how hard you waiters have it in life. What the fuck did you do at your college to stay this dense?

stupid idiot, because restaurants pay the servers a wage of like $2 per hour, well below minimum wage, which means they can charge far less for the food. 20% is nothing, probably less than all the sale taxes europoors have to pay on all of their purchases

>but dont get butthurt if you are called out for it
That's harassment and I will be pressing charges. I know where you work. I can find out where you live. You will regret this.

>Eat at McDonalds if you're too poor to tip.
Close your restaurant if you're too poor to pay employees, or if your business will collapse when you have to charge a real dollar-value of your menu.
At any rate, the money I spend at poorfag fast food is money not spent at sit-downs. They demand a voluntary gratuity, so they lose my service.

Servers are overpaid cunts. Fuck em.

I believe it was initially to support mothers raising children. But the government does that now (and single parenthood has exploded because of it).
There's literally no reason anymore.

>Our waiter aren't getting paid enough
>Its the customers fault!

Attached: 1562383794201.jpg (1024x1024, 136K)

Hellloooo reddit
Tipping for good, not average, service is understandable. Tipping because you want to abide to some social norms is retarded.

kek

>Supporting single mothers
Cringe

Tip?
Yeah here is your tip - be good to your mother!

Attached: images - 2019-08-03T085224.070.jpg (334x334, 15K)

>20% is nothing
Its much more than paying them minimum wage as it should be. Therefore it's more expensive for the consumer. How is that hard to understand?

either get paid $10 an hour with no tips or wait multiple tables an hour and get $20 in tips instead

tips are often in cash so they don’t report most of it to the IRS

it’s not like one consumer is paying the entire wage of the server, all the consumers eating and tipping contribute, which ends up being less than the restauranteur added the cost of wages into the meal

holy fuck European education is bad lmao

amerigoblins

t. NEET who's never been paid at all

>employees get paid more
>prices are overall lower even when you factor tips

Only one of these two things can be true if the restaurant is profitable. So which is it, tip apologists?

Attached: dailystruggg[1].jpg (800x449, 62K)

You make reservations with doordash?

because a single consumer does not pay the entire salary of the server dumb fuck. The cost of the meal with minimum wage built into it would be a greater than 20% increase

I wish I could beat the shit out of you

>red(di)t spacing
you have to go back

It’s a god damned restaurant. Service is part of the experience. Consumers know about what they are paying going in. The math isn’t hard. And the bill goes more to the entry level employees than at any other job of comparable requirement. Who the fuck are you trying to protect? I thought the media talking point against tipping was about low paid servers which is demonstrably false.

>Enjoy getting banned from your favorite restaurant
Do you know how many of these things go belly-up every year? There's always more shitholes to try out once and never go again. So why tip?
Then there's going on vacation. Don't even consider tipping when your holiday money could be spent on something you won't squeeze out of your ass in ten hours. You will never be seen again in the entire city by those wageys. What, are they going to publish your picture on CNN?

So if I by a plate of food worth $100
And the man next to me ordered a salad at $20
The same work is being done by the waiter
Why do I have to tip 5 times as much?

Don't waste time trying to explain basic commerce to a 3rd world burger, he's already used to the idea of getting fucked by his employer, and has instead come to rely on the customer paying his salary as opposed to just working under reasonable conditions.

This. Do you want to go out for fine dining and be waited on by someone making minimum wage? Only Applebees tier restaurants would survive.

Single motherhood was different back then and existed at a much smaller % of the population. A lot of the times they were widowed or the father was off at war. Nowadays they just don't care if there's a father figure in the house because daddy gov has their back.

>he doesn't get the customary wagey blowjob when his tab passes 50bux
What the fuck kind of restaurants are you going to?

Attached: 1552348558932.jpg (640x640, 31K)

servers don’t pay taxes on the majority of their tips ans restauranters would increases prices by more than 20% if they had to factor in minimum wage for servers

Convo swapped from ‘muh server slave wages’ to ‘muh overpaid servers’. Zero integrity from the people regurgitating the latest Reddit talking points.

Again. The average tip is much greater than whatever the minimum wage is currently. In fact if I could I would pay them the rest of the minimum wage instead of a percentage based tip. It would be way cheaper that way.
If you work for my table for an hour I will complete the minimum wage for the employer, if the waiter is serving several tables the cost will be split. That would be way way way fucking cheaper.

>he doesn't tip at McDonalds
absolute PRICK

Why doesnt government care about it? It seems like literal tax evasion. Does the diner lobby run the shadow government?

Attached: 1557791275339.png (238x286, 155K)

Then cook and prepare your own fucking meal, fat ass. The whole point of tipping in restaurants and to couriers is for the expedient service you're getting. Try going to a moderately priced/expensive restaurant rather than a fucking Dennys or ordering shitty pizza from the rat infested whole in the wall pizza parlor where you get your dope from.
>But they don't tip in Europe, fagot.
Yes and the foods more expensive, and the economies are incredibly different from in the states. I used to wait tables and occasionally am a bike messenger part-time and always made good money from tips because I'm not a lazy fat ass wasting my time in some shit hole. Complaining about tips does nobody any service but telling people to simply find another job without having done the job yourself, and most likely would suck ass at it too, is ten times more degenerate than complaining about not receiving tips.

>american education
If the server makes more than minimum wage (which they do), it's all out of the consumers pocket. Waiters make anywhere from 30 to 200 dollars an hour easily right now, which means the restaurant would have to pay them more than that for the consumer to benefit from tipping culture. They would never pay even close to that, which just means consumers lose

$100 worth of food doesn't come on one plate. The server should be changing your plates and silverware, getting you more drinks, extra attention etc. because you are getting a lot more food.

>waited on by someone making minimum wage?
What the fuck do they do apart from taking orders and carrying some plates?
It is a minimum wage job thus equalling minimum wage and minimum skill
I am not going to bribe and be blackmailed into paying some cunt extra to do thier job

I only tip if the waitress has big tits, I dont care about the service

Durr what is a server wage

It's part of their pay

You go in a restaurant you are basically acknowledging the system and if you dont believe in it then you're in the minority and also cheap and clueless

That being said idk if I would do this lol kind of poor taste on the part of the restaurant