Did The Last Jedi have a single idea whatsoever which wasn't horrible?

Did The Last Jedi have a single idea whatsoever which wasn't horrible?

Attached: The Last Jedi.jpg (509x755, 85K)

It pissed off manchildren who refuse to grow up

Luke fucking off and realizing starting another jedi order was a bad idea is a good idea

>No we don't really like betting on exciting 1000 mph pod races here in Space Monaco
>We much prefer to watch these weird creatures gallop around a track slowly because it's much more cruel to animals that way and it establishes that we're very evil and rich
>Also we enslave and abuse children instead of hiring professional trainers because that's a bad guy thing to do too

This movie was retarded fan fiction written and directed by a massive fucking retard

Attached: 636488779718254744-EP8-243839.jpg (3200x1680, 391K)

i like the idea of it killing star wars

they're going to try their hardest to fix it, the ol' switcheroo

>We much prefer to watch these weird creatures gallop around a track slowly because it's much more cruel to animals that way
>Why do horse races still exist when we have formula 1 races

The fake fight was an interesting idea if Luke was doing something else while it was happening but instead it was wasted.

>using slave children instead of just using droids
Yeah that is very retarded in retrospect

They watch formula 1 in monaco, not horse racing for a reason, dumbass

Rey/Kylo was interesting but they fucked it up by not having her join him at the end.

>the people who were adults around the time of the prequels trashed them.
>the people who were adults around the time of the sequels trashed them

It’s just adults not realizing that Star Wars is for children

this

the prequels are actually fucking terrible, though anyone who gets mad over a space fantasy series for children needs a reality check

>It’s just adults not realizing that Star Wars is for children
Go to bed, Mr. Lucas

Spirit conversations between Rey and Swollo showed lots of chemistry and were gripping. I would have made the following changes:
>Exclude chinks and bombers
>Have Leah be killed thus sending Ben into guilt/confusion
>Have Luke acctually be a beacon of hope who was waiting for an apprentice (why else would he leave a way to find him) He saved Vader from the dark why would he loose hope from an edgelord kid?
>Have decent space battle
>Have Finn and Cubano sleuth around
>Have nights of Ren somewhere
>Instead of Ben and Rey choosing sides they join hands and the audience is left on a cliff hanger of what path Ben and Rey are going to have.

Basically all the stuff with rey/kylo/luke on the island was interesting.
Everything else was just absolutely stupid, and it feels like johnson literally did not care and just phoned those parts in

Not really, when the alternative is just the galaxy bending over, and spreading its cheeks for the not-Sith. That's not "balance" on any level.

The only thing that comes to mind is how the red soil underneath the layer of salt on Crait got kicked up during the battle. It was kind of a neat visual. A fucking horror show of wall-to-wall bad ideas otherwise.

I'm amazed that Rian Johnson hasn't been completely blacklisted. He successfully torpedoed one of the most beloved, enduring, and profitable brands in the history of pop culture, all in the span of one movie, and is ridiculously unapologetic about it.

>... and is ridiculously unapologetic about it.

This is what I hate most. He thinks it's the fans who are wrong.

Attached: 888.jpg (500x534, 41K)

Sounds like it really pissed you off there

Did George ever apologize for the prequels?

>b-b-but the prequels were kino though!

Fans are actual autists who should never be pandered to

He quietly stepped back, and let other people like Dave Filoni take SW over, and make something decent out of the prequel era. You can also say what you want about the story of the PT, but the designs of the aliens, costumes, droids, planets, weapons, and ships were iconic as anything in the OT. The same can't be said of the ST.

>Did The Last Jedi have a single idea whatsoever which wasn't horrible?

The only subversion of expectations I liked was the concept that Rey's parents weren't anyone special, that they were just some assholes who abandoned her and that you don't need to have impressive background to achieve greatness.

Unfortuntaley Rian then proceeded to make her even more of a Mary Sue than she already was without any training from Luke so the concept of her being a self made woman doesn't work since her greatness isn't the result of effort or training. So now JJ has to give her some sort of backstory to explain why she's such an overpowered naturally gifted freak of nature.

Attached: Star Wars Freudian Nightmare.png (2048x1077, 667K)

The entirety of Luke's training was 2 days of jogging in a swamp with a midget on his back

It killed the purple haired writer insert.

The time frame for how long he's training in Empire isn't really well defined, I always thought it was a few weeks. But in any case what happened? Yoda told him he wasn't ready and he proceeds to get his ass kicked and his hand cut off by Vader.

In contrast Rey spends two days with Luke acting like a twat and by the end she's levitating hundreds of tons of boulders in a display that would put Yoda to shame.

Getting rid of that stupid mask

yeah me too

I stroked my cock to this good idea for 6 weeks straight.

Attached: 1100283466649.jpg (827x697, 51K)

I don't know, didn't watch it and never will.

You mean he had input in all the scripts and pushed for ideas while handing over to his show runners and writers. Even edited together a few of the episodes that had been finished into a theatrical release in 2008 that critics and fanboys complained about.

>they fucked it up by not having her join him at the end
it would have been a great twist

I thought the crystal cave on that crait planet was a nice touch. But I can't really think of anything else.

The Reylo stuff really was the best part of it even if it was inevitably hijacked by tumblr.

Only bit with any soul

Attached: handsex.gif (540x259, 1.74M)

Kylo killing Snoke

Also, Luke vs. Kylo was kino.

They're the only demographic who enjoyed it

Do children even like star wars? Not just the ones forced to by their perpetual children parents.

Casting Ade Edmunds on.

Rey and Kylo possibly joining up... then they fucked that up. Literally the only thing they could have done to save this trilogy and they didn't do it.

cringe

After decades of roleplaying games, I can safely say that "Writers Favourites" seldom die, much less when they are blatant self-inserts.

- not going with the generic Snoke storyline, and instead disposing of him
- the character sutff between Kylo and Rey
- the "kill the past"monologue
- finally getting rid of Captain Phasma
- smart way to pause the story on the ship to follow side-stories
- introducing war-profiteers
- Luke meeting Leia one last time

I could go on. TLJ is actually a pretty good movie in itself, and the most inventive SW movie at least since the reboot.
People will look back on it in few years and wonder why they hated it so much.

I like the idea of Luke being a disillusioned hermit, hated how he was such a fucking weirdo about it. Also, the whole Jedi texts thing is really retarded.

Attached: 1532062522665.jpg (956x486, 68K)

>implying any form of racing would matter once pod racing becomes a reality

Any car race would purely be for angsts hipsters

Got bad news for ya sport.

Sure they will, shill

>People will look back on it in few years and wonder why they hated it so much.
No they won't. TLJ deserves every bit of the hatred it gets.

The truth is, the vast majority of viewers thought the movie was fine.

It seems like a lot of people hated it, because those who did were obnoxiously loud.

The vast majority of people isn't even capable of feeling so strongly towards entertainment.

It was one of the only good star wars movies you fucking NPC niglet

The relationship between Rey and Kylo before she refused his invitation to rule the galaxy with him was good. If they had ended the film as he put his hand out and not given you an answer as to what her answer was, people would be more excited about the next film.