>Lol ain't gonna save that cheating stupid ass
>Boyfriend is burned alive slowly inside a bear carcass

This movie sucked.

Attached: Midsommar.jpg (789x460, 116K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DB-Fw3P_97I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

RLM told me it's a good movie.

she is also on drugs, and has probably concluded with her partially functioning brain she will either never leave alive, or would never be happy after leaving. I am open to a dialogue on these points

Did you all watch it in theater? Or is there a torrent already?

Those guys have weird taste sometimes. But it's a very entertaining show .

Basically all those years they were in a relationship his boyfriend neglected her and boyfriend's talked behind her back that they don't like her because she has mental problems (caused by bipolar sister). Later after that awful trauma boyfriend's friends still treat her like air and at this point boyfriend isn't leaving her only because he's afraid of her harming herself. And you are asking why she let him die painfully?

this too

It was the culmination of what she knew from the beginning, that they didn't belong together and he didn't belong with the Hargas.

You adapt to the local culture. It's only right.

so he should've left her and let her kill herself because shes bi-polar?

That's the point of the movie you dummy. Affluent, perpetually traumatized White Women are the capricious Heathen Gods of Modernity.

You have to accept that things end, people die and you have to compromise sometimes. No one did nothing wrong.

They also loved The Force Awakens

she burned more than her boyfriend, she burned her bridge and connection to the real world

wow symbolisism!

Attached: 1513408818599.jpg (647x510, 25K)

Was expecting something of Hereditary quality but instead got The Green Inferno with artsy camera angles

>betas too weak to leave mentally unstable women deserve to be killed in an extremely painful manner
based
fuck betas

Wait wait wait
The guy is not Happy in the relationship, but stays, to take care of her because she is going through a hard time, therefore he deserves death? Lmao

In the leaked screenplay it's much more obvious he's majorally dysfunctional too, he has no direction and can't make decisions. He knows he should have ended the relationship before her family died but can't ever come to following through

>to take care of her because she is going through a hard time
Is not for that. He was weak and he did stay with her for fear of not finding anything better afterwards. He's portrayed as someone spineless (the thesis) over and over again. Also, death in that culture is seen as an honour, not a punishment. He says that "that's their culture and they should respect it", so he died due to his own spineless negative to enter in conflict with the tribe.

>waa why cant they justify cheating like every other degenerate hollywood movie waa

That's Jewish down guy unironically has a higher iq than you

The entire movie is about a relationship slowly falling apart
I don't expect people who have never been in a relationship to get it

He died because unlike the Hargas, he had no emotional connection to her, he represented the cold atomised society that made her feel so alone and afraid

They said Krampus is a good movie too.

No they didn't. They said it was good to see a horror movie which wasn't a lazy blumhouse cash grab getting a wide release. They said it was more of the same and they hoped the director would move onto something new but would likely be getting megabucks soon and making disney movies like everyone else.

It is

Too didactic and on the nose. Visually interesting but the pacing and the writing was all over the place.
But I mean it's more interesting to watch this movie than the usual garbage horror is infested with

It was only an honor when you’re 70 or whatever. Also, what kind of faggot has to check with his friends about whether or not it’s cool with them if he breaks up or doesn’t break up with his girlfriend, or fucking four years! What a horrible piece of shit this movie was

>tfw I won't get to see this for ages

You're a retard. Christian (His name was meant to be ironic) was the worst degenerate of all. There was literally no sin he was without. He kept blaming her for not getting his shit done when he was popping shrooms and going to parties.

In the end, people of the village sacrificed themselves too in the fire, so it wasn't an honor only for the elder ones.

Your mom is a good movie.

So a shitty remake of Wicker Man with bonus 20 somethings and their relationship bullshit. Gotcha.

Best comedy of the year

kek

>they don't like her because she has mental problems (caused by bipolar sister).
Except she is the bipolar sister

Midsommar < Hereditary < There's Something About the Johnsons

>that mushrooms scene

Attached: 1531165078728.png (453x604, 397K)

>The scene when the old man survives the fall so its hammer time

Peak woman logic

This genre has been dead since wicker man. It's all the same shit over and over.

Not on film, doesn't count

>people of the village sacrificed themselves too in the fire
Not the user you responded to. Just jumping in to say I don't understand this. They tell the girl she has to pick a sacrifice, her boyfriend or people from the cult, but then they sacrifice people from the cult anyway. Kind of undermines her decision. Also the fact that she is making these decisions while under the influence of the cult's drugs makes it questionable if killing her boyfriend was her actual intentions. These are the same drugs that just previously inebriated her boyfriend to the point where he had sex on a bare wooden floor in front of all of the cult's women, in what is obviously a weird ritual. And if the drugs can make you do that, then I don't think the protagonist was thinking very clearly. It also wasn't very fun following a protagonist that didn't know what she wanted.
Basically the movie is what this user said Also two words to anyone who thinks the girl was in the right for killing her coerced and roofied boyfriend - role reversal

>Murder is okay because feefees were hurt!
Imagine being this much of a roasty...

This is why we should never have given women the vote.

You're thinking it from a logical, mechanicist point of view. This is supposed to be a more primitive society. Anthropology is brought several times in the movie. You're supposed to watch the rites as rites, as symbolical ceremony. It's not a machine. It will be difficult to "understand" because we are a society with little rites and ceremonies, but these things have existed in pretty much every culture since the dawn of time. If you read the bible, you will find a lot of similar arbitrary rites.

The tradition requires the sacrifice of 4 villagers (the old couple at the cliff + the two that volunteered) 4 outsiders (eyebrow man, nosy black boy, and the britbong couple) + one extra sacrifice the dancing queen gets to choose, either another outsider ( Christian in this case) or a random villager

I understand the process, I'm just saying if she was under the influence while making her decision then it wasn't a real decision, and if she deliberately chose the one person who comforted her after her family died then she's a bitch. And if dying in their culture is such an honorable privilege that they would give their lives willingly, then isn't she denying that privilege to them by picking her boyfriend, who doesn't want to die? That isn't his culture. It's theirs. He isn't a willing participant. None of the guests were so their deaths aren't sacrifices. They're just murders. A sacrifice has to be given willingly. That's why it's a sacrifice.

This but unironically

I get what you're trying to say, and you're right. But you are applying a logic that has no place in rite. Rite is culturally imposed. It's like baptizing kids (saving distances). They have no choice there. It's rite and culture that makes the choice.

>you're right
stopped reading right there

Have you ever watched a horror film before bro
disproportionate punishment for minor infractions is pretty standard

They are a cult high on drugs 24/7, they don't give a fuck

Now question... do we get to see the virgin being impregnated?

>if she deliberately chose the one person who comforted her after her family died then she's a bitch
You sound like someone who just got through a break up.

This entire movie is a demonization of gentile pagan culture written and directed by a Jew.

Attached: 1564456868331.jpg (250x180, 4K)

Yes and even though the whole theater was laughing at the ritual I thought it was pretty hot. Some of the older women had pretty big tits.

>Friday the 13th is a demonization of summer camps!

You guys are retarded the reason he was such a bad boyfriend is because he didn’t try to get the fuck out of there or protect his woman when shit starting getting all wicker man. He was too busy doing his homework or whatever the fuck.

are all women psychotic... im never been more glad to be a virgin desu

Attached: 1518277814489.png (396x385, 119K)

I assumed she wasn't high by the point in time when she made the decision. Otherwise you are right in saying it is not nearly as impactful.
For what concerns her being a bitch for deciding to kill the one person who comforted her, the movie makes it clear that her boyfriend wasn't supporting at all, so much so that she ended up finding that emotional support in the cult.
By the end she is effectively a member of the cult, and when tasked with the decision of either killing a member of the community or the prick who didn't support her, of course she picked the latter.
Also this reading is very valid
Now, did he deserve to be burned alive for being a cheater? Of course not. But I doubt his death was supposed to be catarthic in any way.

You even make a fucking horror movie these days without triggering some snowflake like you

You can't*

Forgive me but I'm never gonna sit my ass through, from my understanding, 3 fucking hours of miscommunication between a crazy woman and a spineless man that ultimately leads to the man's death to gather the YASSSS KWEEEN audience.
I'm a woman and even I know exactly what this thing panders to.

When in Rome do as the Romans do OP. I’m not going to be rude and not burn you alive in the bear

youtube.com/watch?v=DB-Fw3P_97I

>watching a movie with a typical "refugees welcome" looking chick starring in it

Attached: 1517917734758.jpg (480x342, 28K)

I feel like this movie makes a lot of guys uncomfortable because they either
1.know that they would be getting burned alive if that was them
2.would also be getting burned alive but also lack the self-awareness to know that so they just get angry for the characters "not making sense"

I'm not giving your shitty channel views

>Not watching The Critical Drinker's kino reviews
Well your loss buddy.

It wasn't scary at any point in the movie, more trying to be disturbing. I was laughing many times during it like when he was burned alive inside the bear, or the impregnation ritual

"dude drugs lmao" is the copout everything in this movie and it's annoying

They also loved Black Panther
they're not wrong

its an uncomfortable movie for me mainly because it triggered ptsd flashbacks of bad trips ive experienced the paranoia and panic attacks the main actress mimicked are all too real for some people

Yes yes Mr. Pol everything is jews, The Wicker Man was jews too

>film is basically a knockoff of The Wicker Man
>reading an interview the director did where he talks about films which influenced him
>no mention of The Wicker Man

Dishonest hack.

>if he leaves he is the bad guy
>if he stays he is the bad guy
roastie detected.

Is this basically the wicker man?

Sneedsommar

>Christian (his name was meant to be ironic)

WOW SO DEEP LOOK AT ALL THIS GENIUS SYMBOLISM AND CLEVER PUNS
Fans of this movie should kill themselves. Real arthouse/foreign cinema laughs at garbage like this.