How faithful was this to the books?

How faithful was this to the books?

Attached: MV5BMWIxMzQxZjAtMGFkNC00NzYwLWFiMGEtNzZhZjE5MmFiMmMyL2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1 (696x1044, 88K)

Not very, but still kino

It actually borrows from a lot Howard's different barbarians (like Kull and Bran, who are all, in a way, kind of related), but tonally and thematically it's spot on.

>kino
it's literally just capeshit but with swords

If you're gonna bait, put some effort into it, this is low tier shit man, come on.

They basically mixed the backstory of Kull of Atlantis and put it on Conan, Thulsa Doom was a villain Kull encountered, he his a snake-man of Valusia from the Thurian age, and this movie is happening on the Hyborian age millenia later so it create some ancient evil kino atmosphere.

The movie take inspiration from the stories The Tower of the Elephant, The Thing in the crypt, A Witch shall be born, and also Red Nails.

Though One of his main originality was it to be focused on Hyrkania and Turan, it's something more related to Red Sonja.

Not at all. I like the film but why does every Conan adaptation give him some shitty backstory?

Because hollyjews dont think "grew up in the untamed wild of Cimmeria" is as compelling as "my village was wiped out like every other fantasy protagonist ever."

Basically film producers are retarded. If you hang out on Yea Forums you should know that.

Meant for

Not very, but I think Howard would have loved it.

>now let me tell you of days of high sneedposting

This. As one who's read all his books, I can tell you this... Howard loved to use the word "bestial".

Also, his work espoused the flawed theory of "vestigial genetic memory" well enough that most young readers of his time and even people now believe it to be scientifically plausible, because it justifies their cultural prejudices.

Pic related would have been a more accurate Conan. Conan was a thief and cat burglar in his youth, he should be quick and wiley, not a Hercules.

Attached: 9E3EEE39-8266-46CE-9807-8291262BB73C.jpg (655x480, 96K)

The Indiana Jones movies are closer to the Conan books than the Conan movies. Conan was often after some priceless tchotcke that he usually found and then lost by the end, and would generally encounter an annoying broad and weird supernatural phenomena on the way.
Indiana Jones is basically Conan and Tintin gene-spliced together.

>also I must virtue signal for no reason

You know Conan's always been described as huge right? Have you never read Tower of the Elephant with the fat ass Prince of Thieves?

>tonally it's spot on.
I thought some of the books had Conan being a well-spoken almost intellectual rogue (as in appreciative of poetry and song)?

The thing about Conan is he's actually quite intelligent, he can speak several languages and seems to pick others up just fine on his travels, but there's never indication he's an intellectual, as it were. Art and poetry and song don't really figure into his lifestyle. At most he philosophizes, but that's it.

Thulsa Doom is actually the nemesis of Kull the Conqueror originally, another REH character, the proto Conan. This Thulsa Doom is also who Skeletor is based off of

The movie is fucking amazing and makes the character it's own entity using a pastiche of many different stories. Tower of the Elephant for one example, is what the entire serpent tower heist where they meet Valeria comes from

Attached: 11151-2513-12342-1-kull-the-conqueror.jpg (400x595, 73K)

The specific plot of the movie isn't in any short story, but some details are directly taken from the stories. For example, the ramp around the roof of the tower they rob in the beginning is covered in jewels of various colors. It's a very specific details that is hard to notice, but it is a direct reference to the Tower of the Elephant short story.

Its called epigenetics and its real

You need to read up on what epigenetics is.

So who should be cast as the next Conan, Yea Forums? I vote Henry Caville.