Just finished this. What series do I watch next? Preferably on Netflix for convenience

Just finished this. What series do I watch next? Preferably on Netflix for convenience.

Also for discussion of pic related show. I thought it was really good.

Attached: Altered Carbon.jpg (2000x1000, 181K)

Last few episodes in my opinion dropped in quality a bit, but loved it overall.

now read the books, they are pretty based

I concur, but I can only hope for S2 to reduce the guerrilla survivalist shit with the negress or things will make a turn for the worse like The 100

i felt like the character during the first episode while watching the show, only after some time seeing a reason not to drop the show for being too strange, when the plot finally started

1>3>2
2 wasn't bad, just kinda boring and eventless.

Does the whole 'sleeve' thing mean they will constantly change the main actor? I actually liked Kinnaman, and I think S2 will be shit without him.

broken angels > altered carbon

This show starts with an interesting concept but the entire world falls apart once you start thinking about the logistics in any way

I thought the series picked up around episode 5 - the last two episodes were a little rushed, but good. Towards the end it started to feel like Sherlockbabble, but what can you do.

I actually enjoyed Another Life if you want to stay in space,

>It's another very good SF series with only one or two seasons and 10 episodes by season

I hate netflix

Like others have said last episodes weren't that good, but it was still an awesome show.

Unfortunately, a big part of the awesomeness was Joel Kinnaman (the protagonist) who will be replaced by some nigga in the next season

It seems like it would be a mistake to change actors. There were multiple times in S1 when they threatened to kill the sleeve but the lead actor was so cool and charismatic that I felt confident that they wouldn't do that.

However, it's based on books. I also really like the actress who played his sister (whom I remember from Dollhouse), but I guess she's really gone now.

Was the show based entirely on the books then?

started ok but butchered trainwreck territory quite fast and never recovered.

How does it fall apart?

is netflix literally paying people to shill this garbage, the fuck is wrong with you all

everything to do with envoys and quelcrist drastically changed. it's also way more centred around takeshi with everyone else quite peripheral which is quite typical for noir. show way more of a screentime sucking ensemble. should've been paired down to at least 8, preferably 6 eps.

Imagine trying to write a 24 episode season of a pure serial though
That sucks so much. He was really really great.

What shows do you like? I've been watching shit on Netflix lately because it's convenient, but usually I torrent everything.

This was a really good show. It played with some concepts I've never seen explored before, like the Cult of Wealth.

This is Steve Jobs' $100M+ yacht which was still under construction when he died. It has 12 bedrooms and a crew of 22 people. I think about it a lot, actually, getting insanely rich and then dying at just 56. I think it would be hell on earth if the everyone lived forever.

oops I forgot the pic

Attached: take-a-look-at-the-256-foot-yacht-that-was-designed-for-steve-jobs-before-he-died.jpg.png (608x304, 359K)

there is LITERALLY ONLY ONE (1) non evil white character in that show and it's the guy kovacz took his sleeve from.
now they're getting rid of that too with S2 and the flying avengers nigger as their main cast.

Shit on netflix all you want, but they have new season of Altered Carbon, Narcos, Mindhunter, Ozarks etc on the way.

What does primetime tv like HBO have? Fucking Westworld..

>REEEEEE
Season 2 will probably suck though, tbf.

I heard the um - teenage sex/drugs show is good but it's not scifi or fantasy so I'm reluctant to try it.

>Rich people bad lol

The show starts off strong with the first episode nicely establishing the world and leaving enough mystery to keep on watching to episode 2, but.
Immediately the cracks start showing, thematics already discussed by countless sci-fi stories are portrayed but not explored making the series extremely surface level and effectively removing any artistic value from the writing, which is horrible even as pure entertainment goes. They build up the MC as this mystical highly trained operative one-man army but in the end, he's just a space hippy who fell in love with an activist who hates rich people. The relationships are completely inorganic partly because of that terrible writing but also because of the downright atrocious acting from some the cast. Then the side stories, which range from useless to depthless with the VR daughter and the romantic subplot of the police investigator. And this is just the forefront when you start taking an in-depth look there are so many illogical events and downplayed moments like when the MC storms the dream extraction facility and kills a bunch of people by breaking their stacks. That's supposed to be a huge deal but it's just brushed off and never mentioned again.

Add to that the terrible plot twist ending and you've got the definition of style over substance. They hook you in with cool world-building and the mention of interesting sci-fi thematics but ultimately never delivers on any of them.

wasted10hours/10

Attached: AC.jpg (275x183, 5K)

That woman reminds me of Lela Star, every episode I finished, I ended up masturbating furiously

>unironically doesn't know what scarcity rent is

yeah she's so hot