It's filtering plebs before it's even released. Amazing

It's filtering plebs before it's even released. Amazing.

Attached: MV5BYjE3YWRlNTYtOTc3OS00Y2Y5LWI0ODUtNjcyMmI3YjBjN2NhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzY5MTAzMTg@._V1_[1].jpg (2048x1717, 328K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/"Jumpscares bad"/
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/"slow burn"/
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/recomment/
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/6oIShQE78iPDQTHSY3wNXw/type/op/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>the RReddithouse

Based
cringe

I'm excited

I'm sure it'll be good but idk the whole "it's exactly like an old film!" aspect seems too much like a novelty.

also please don't pull any "one of them was imaginary" bullshit.

You mean people are waking up to the garbage a24 distributes regularly? It's made by a literal redditor for redditors, gimmicky trash

Its literally Warner Bros reclaiming their own glory through recreating its old look and style and darn it if Disney can do it, WB can do it better.

What does the film have to do with WB?

Look at them. They dive right into the filter. They can't help themselves.

>Everything different is a gimmick

why would someone want an upside down pipe?

I bet you enjoy the movies of Wes Anderson

You are misusing the term filter, good job you aren't even able to grasp such as simple concept.

Seen this in Cannes, it's great. Also not muh slow burn and not a horror film. It's a descent into madness, very entertaining and funny but also a bit weird. I think audiences will like this more than The Witch or other a24 horror films.

Attached: 1272768.jpg (810x638, 38K)

More trash please! It's easier to gobble up mass produced derivative tripe for the idiots than to do any different, too difficult

Attached: 1563494621035.jpg (1024x612, 91K)

what's wrong with being a redditor? You know most of the people here are actual pedophiles?

The aesthetic is kino already. I'm sure the dialogue and pacing will be as well.

It's just one or two autists who are baiting people. Don't mind them.
The tobacco is tightly packed inside, it's sticky so it won't fall out. It's upside down so the rain won't extinguish it.

Based Eggman making masterpiece after masterpiece.

He really is on a roll

I hope he makes The Knight after this. He said he was scouting for 2 studio films before The Lighthouse, but they fell apart.

The Witch is a masterpiece. It's already a horror classic and appears in every top 10 horror lists of the last decade. This one also looks very good and apparently it's even better than The Witch.

go back r*ddit vermin

>Slow burn, psychological, heavy atmosphere. black and white, Robert Pattinson, Lovecraftian

Attached: 1561323657693.png (454x520, 13K)

What's the knight?

>mass produced derivative tripe for the idiots
You mean A24 shit? The lighthouse is trending today on youtube. It's called mcdonalds arthouse for a reason. It gives the illusion of depth and make redditors feel smart and unique

>It's already a horror classic and appears in every top 10 horror lists of the last decade.

Yeah, the last decade has been pretty bad.

>the KKnighteddit

Agreed. Hoping that Nosferatu project continues aswell

>Look at them. They dive right into the filter. They can't help themselves.

Attached: Soyboy_Wojak_82.png (644x800, 43K)

Not really.

Even worse? Damn.

Medieval epic from him.
The Witch is alright, this is much better than The Witch.

>it's not capeshit
>it's filmed in 4:3
>it has robert pattinson

for me, it's a yes.

What are your favourite films of the decade?

I only fear a bit that Dafoe will eat him up, but no one said anything like that so far so it better be good

we can't really know until the movies out

an eggersroll

The Nun and Annabelle 3

I think he is a perfect choice. Unlike pretty much any other director he will create something new and unique. A worthy successor of Murnau's original and Herzog's remake.

>It's upside down so the rain won't extinguish it.
but it isn't raining

Pretty based. You will like The Lighthouse, i liked The Nun and i have seen The Lighthouse. Trust me, you will like it. Both are very funny.

>The Nun and Annabelle 3

Attached: 1564607122152.png (280x9944, 55K)

The extremely strong wind and waves, user got it a bit wrong.

Embarrassing

The film takes place during a storm, it's raining throughout the majority of the film.

holy fucking shit, pattison's jaw should be placed in the museum after he dies

dude, sleeping with your mom is not embarrassing.

Now I wish someone made Moby-Dick adaptation looking like this and with Willem Dafoe as Ahab.

Pattinson is good a picking his scripts.
Would be better without the filter but whatever, I'll watch it.

Eggers would be a good director for it. He is autistic about period pieces.

>YAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ANOTHER KAFKAESQUE LOVECRAFTIAN BONECHILLING ATMOSPHERIC SLOWBURN FROM A24!!!!!!!!

Attached: 1549260891248.png (703x800, 37K)

What filter?

thanks, dropping it.
i saw a perfect storm. no need to watch a remake.

The black and white color filter.

The only reason why the pipe is shown upside down in that image is to make people ask that exact question and getting some bullshit answer about rain or the splashing waves or whatever so that person would impressed with the faux authenticity.
It's all perfectly choreographed to strike every reddit chord out there

I think it's shot on a black and white film.

That's not a filter.

How is it Lovecraftian or Kafkaesque?

Interesting, I still think it would be better in color.

Don't even respond to those bait replies. Just a waste of time. These are another ones.

They wanted it to look like an old film, the aesthetic is nice. It looks like a Bela Tarr film.

who are you talking to? the marketers?

They wanted to make a film that looks like old black and white films from 1920s and 1930s.

You are getting desperate, shill.

Nice.

Those jews are crafty

>Dafoe will die in your lifetime
fuck

you didn’t go to cannes you fuckin liar

I can appreciate that, but shooting in black and white is a limitation and imo severely impacts the cinematography of any film.

i think you should have sex

not if you kill yourself first

I think you should dilate

There are a few polish faggots on Yea Forums who go to Cannes every single year and post about it here, all with pics in the threads

>A24 horror
Let me guess, it's slow, uneventful, about some kind of mental illness, paranoia or depression, no jumpscares and has a wacky or open ending.
Getting tired of the formula tb h

You can go too, just write a letter for the 3 days programme, you retard. Write about how much you love film, make it quite flowery and you will get accepted.

checked

Attached: dubs.jpg (602x481, 47K)

They're absolutely losing it ITT, spamming wojacks and babbling about shills. I don't understand how they can be this butthurt.

So you think cinematography in films from 1950 and before that is worse because it's not in colour?

I disagree. Many old films look much better than most modern ones. They perfectly utilized the aesthetics of black-and-white film. In fact, they would've looked much worse in color.

are you tripping?

They're mad because every bump "debumps" the "The Irishman" thread.
Now what's more reddit? The Lighthouse or a straight to Netflix movie directed by octogenarian Martin Scorcese.

Attached: 1542981540961.jpg (1503x4515, 866K)

It's not a horror film

Why should anyone watch a new film that wants to look old when they could just watch an old film?

Holy shit lmao

Yes, I find full color much more pleasing than black and white.
That's not to say I dislike black and white movies because they're in black and white, but I view it very much as a drawback of the times.
Nope, just dubbing.

Attached: 1561333664952.png (231x218, 18K)

You're here too, you dense retard. Go back and stay there, fucking cancer.

L O V E C R A F T I A N

Attached: EAvD_g5XYAAn0mi.jpg (1920x1080, 108K)

Attached: EAvkKreUwAEOxHP.jpg (2048x1079, 78K)

Attached: EAvcueSUcAIbsnY.jpg (885x749, 15K)

>a noble octopus was killed for this

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/"Jumpscares bad"/
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/"slow burn"/
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/recomment/
They are just shitposting. One guy mistook GoT thread for The Lighthouse thread today and just said that he is shitposting.
I'm quite concerned about the wojack poster tho, it seems like he doesn't do anything else except shitpost whole day. The people baiting with stupid comments about McDonald's arthouse and a24 plebs despite watching capeshit are alright but he seems genuinely mentally ill.

I've seen enough hentai to know where this is going..............

OH NO NO NO

Attached: EAvn3deXUAASoyb.jpg (1342x1060, 70K)

Yes, in 2019 movies are bad because pipes are upside down. This is the world we live in.
>no jumpscares
That's bad?

>sea creatures
>tentacles
>Muh Lovecraft
I think he's just punching a normal octopus. Mermaid is apparently the only supernatural element in the movie.

You do realize that photo was the ONLY PHOTO FOR PROMOTION until the trailer dropped and people could get stills from the trailer, right? You're not some retarded troglodyte, are you?

>DONT WORRY THERE WILL BE NO JUMPSCARES ITS A24 DUDE

Attached: MAX SOY.png (297x767, 161K)

Holy shit bros the shills are fucking losing it

>being this upset
>linking archives
hahah hahaha HAHAHAHA

looks like a shitty nine inch nails music video

legit kek'd

Literally retard

Hereditary had jump scares

>cinema fans excited about a movie are shills
>wanting to talk passionately with others about a film that interests you on an interest board makes you a shill

bait post

End your life shill. You arent talking about the movie you are literally defending an image spammed on the board. Now please go pajeet you have been outed

This guy was force fed onions as he grew up and now is obsessed.
But everything about Nine Inch Nails is already shitty. Discount This Mortal Coil for plebs.

Ingredients for pseudo-intellectual bait:
>greyscale
>lots of boring and long monologues
>characters standing in silence for minutes at a time
>no emotions at all except one scene where one character gets really angry and stares for a while after shouting and slamming his fist
>lots of shots of the back of character's heads looking at landscapes
>orchestral music
>absolutely nothing happens

nothing to talk about but a man's upside down pipe

To see a meshing of new and old filmmaking techniques?

sounds like a 1st year film school project

>thinking is for pseuds
>being told everything is for real intellectuals

Don't forget
>beards
>pipe smoking
>outdoorsy setting
>no jumpscares

Egger's film school project was a Poe adaptation was was pretty amazing to be fair

>image spammed
>it was the only image in existence of the movie which someone would naturally post when talking about the movie
>image spammed

>hurr you aren't discussing the movie!
>you are too busy trying to argue with thread derailers
>hurrr someone who is excited and passionate about an upcoming film would never try to defend it!!!

Attached: CF06F0B4-B142-4326-B309-0A0A8FA9B021.png (564x600, 172K)

who?

>different filenames

I bet you like Marvel.

>same hash
>shills don't know

>limiting yourself to liking things based on who made it
Caught a pseud.

I like how when people easily deconstruct pseudo intellectual garbage the only thing brainlets can reply is 'you like capeshit!'

>shill
>frogposter
Just go away youve been outed and ridiculed already

Why are people talking about this as a horror movie when everyone who has seen it says it isn't a horror?

That's because it's the first result on google images.

Attached: Capture.png (978x781, 427K)

>NOOOO YOU CANT CALL IT A HORROR MOVIE ITS AN ATMOSPHERIC BONECHILLING SLOWBURN WITH NO JUMPSCARES!!!!!!!

Attached: 1555855868594s.jpg (196x250, 7K)

>Hurrr Reddit
>deconstructing pseudo intellectual garbage

hmmmmmmm

Attached: 1557175290764.png (906x706, 1.33M)

what did he mean by this

Considering Warner Bros is the only real competitor to Disney, I’ll probably go see it

I bet they pull a Pandorum and Pattinson is just the imaginary younger version of Dafoe.

October is like the worst time to release this.
>Joker
>Maleficent
>Zombieland 2
>Dr. Sleep

All within weeks of this release. I also don't see it standing a chance at the Oscars even though it'll probably be better than whatever wins

>>NOOOO YOU CANT CALL IT A HORROR MOVIE ITS AN ATMOSPHERIC BONECHILLING SLOWBURN WITH NO JUMPSCARES!!!!!!!

Attached: 1549825109684.png (454x520, 11K)

>GOT

Attached: 1522546357849.jpg (387x437, 41K)

>limiting yourself to disliking things based on who made it
Caught a pseud.

Who said anything about not liking this based on who made it, pseud?

based

They are retarded.

>Maleficent
>Zombieland 2
2 movies made for an audience who wouldn't even consider watching this.

Zombieland 2 looks awful.
Dr. Sleep is Stephen King cape shit.
Maleficent 2 is Disney live action and will be mediocre at best.
Joker will make people afraid they will get shot up in the theater.

Half of people in the thread. Pseud.

You aren't talking to them, pseud. Try to keep up and come up with your own insults, dopey cunt.

I literally just watched the trailer
What is horror about it?

The Witch was good. I will watch this and probably enjoy it.

Couldn't care less what ratio a 2019 movie is in or if it is color or not.

I bet you are one of them. Also Marvel is garbage except for the Raimi's Spiderman you daft cunt.

omg it’s black and white so artistic omg A24 A24 is my favorite art house company lmao I don’t watch mainstream movies cuz I am a real cinephile I only watch A24 and hbo OMG I LOVE A24 they make real horror movies and this one is already included like its black and white that’s so cool and retro and art house

>posting wojak

Attached: 1328477312408.jpg (413x395, 24K)

this.
waiting for the widescreen color version.

Why is your ego this fragile?

Mainstream movies are garbage you are right. I only watch old films and arthouse films.

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/6oIShQE78iPDQTHSY3wNXw/type/op/
>7 threads in three months
Wow, crazy stuff. The shills are working overtime!

>ITS NOT A HORROR MOVIE!!!!

Attached: 1561335423803.png (782x758, 127K)

i haven't watched any film made in this decade

So I just read the description of the plot, and can conclude that this is, indeed, a horror film.
It’s about 2 guys isolated from the rest of the world in a lighthouse. It depicts their fall into madness.
Sounds pretty horrific to me

>being so mad you can't into archive
classic rage

>r-reddit s-onions b-boy

Wow, you sure showed them

So from any decade, go.
There are fart jokes throughout the whole film.

Is it going to be a horror film? A mystery?
One shot from the trailer showed Pattinson being gripped by tentacles, will it be a surreal Lovecraftian kino?

what

Okok we all know about *that* meme

>There are fart jokes throughout the whole film
There are also lots of silly moments in plenty of other horror films, like Friday the 13th, for example
Still a horror film

It looks interesting but I'm concerned about seeing it without subtitles, my auditory processing ability is somewhat shit compared to others.

check your PMs

What is this thing? Is this actually kino or is Yea Forums gonna fool me again?

A24 movies are just lengthy vimeo films, why do onionboys glorify them to be up there with objectively good films?

Make your own decisions nigger

What's up with the repeated
>"Why'd you spill your beans?"

Friday is slasher. This is more of a psychological thriller like it's not really scary.

Who are you quoting?

Will it be a /comfy/ descent into madness where Dafoe and Pattinson are buddies or will it just be bleak and sad?

It's great.

The former. It's pretty funny aswell

Both at the same time i would say. Setting is comfy and it's often raining outside. They drink together, fight together kind of comfy bromance.

>psychological thriller like it's not really scary

Attached: 1561414281738.jpg (228x257, 28K)

>slashers aren’t horror movies
>something has to be “scary” in order to be horror
By your logic, there are literally no horror movies made after 1945

It's all he does all day on this board. It's concerning

is it filmed on location is seattle?

sounds pretty nice however I've pretty bad at being able to make out thick accents, I had to watch the VVitch with subtitles. so that's the only reason why I might not go to see this in theaters.

nova scotia apparently

Why'd you spill your beans?

ARGHHH

Well i agree with you, the problem is most people associate horrors with being scary that's why i didn't call it a horror. Once you say it's a horror some people are going to say well that wasn't scary it's not horror and hate the film. I would say it's a wrong mindset to go into this and expecting to be scared.

W H Y ‘ D Y E S P I L L Y E R B E A N S

Yes the accents are hard to understand.

>DONT CALL IT A HORROR FILM

Attached: images.jpg (252x200, 10K)

What would you call it a horror film when it isn't?

Why does OP use things like "pleb filter" when it's been proven he won't watch actual art? I mean he's essentially confirmed that come release he will hide away in a general from Yea Forums opinion on it like the Alita plebs

BOO hahaha that was fun hahaha
Wow congratulations on being amused in the same way that a toddler would be

Attached: 81Kl2pEOoNL._SY679_ (1).jpg (485x679, 57K)

What's actual art according to you?

Those people are retarded

something you look at in a museum

Like a garbage bin?

I agree

I’m from philly and can confirm. Our art museum literally has garbage in it

That soijak image gets longer and longer every time

how the fuck do you get in cannes, I live in cannes what the fuck

stay mad capekiddie

Attached: On.the.Silver.Globe.1988..BluRay.1080p.DD5.1.x264.mkv_snapshot_01.43.58_.jpg (1794x1080, 836K)

3 day programme. I wrote that below. That or you are a journalist.
Is it like in that episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia?

>Joker will make people afraid they will get shot up in the theater.
America in a sentence.

Uh oh people are interested in this movie, better be as contrarian as possible

its a bit sad but at the same time entertaining

Wouldst thou like the taste of butter?

WHY DOES HE SAY WHY'D YOU SPILL THE BEANS??
It's important enough to be repeated three times in the trailer.

Honestly I probably won't see in the theaters then unless I can find a showing with subtitles. Alamo Drafthouse does sometimes have closed captioned screenings though.

He revealed a secret, retard.

OK so maybe he could say
>"Why did your loose lips sink my ship?"
or
>"Why did you reveal my secret?"
the beans shit is just stupid
BEANS

What the hell are you talking about?

Spilling beans is a way of saying that someone talked.

Imagine being obsessed with a fucking studio. Imagine showing your Yea Forums this hard

Nearly every major movie chain offers having a closed caption device when viewing a movie. That's what is means when it says CC next to a movie title at the theaters. You just have to ask for the device when purchasing your ticket.

I think it's more the director. I eagerly awaited The Witch and ever since then I have been eagerly awaiting Eggers' next film.

Did the wojack poster go to sleep?
Based Eggers.

don't tell me you're one of those people who can't distinguish fiction from reality.