Am I supposed to be Japanese to completely understand this?

Am I supposed to be Japanese to completely understand this?

Attached: 515AA84F-E46E-4A61-AB7D-5D153C742517.jpg (419x550, 48K)

No, it's just about depression with some artificial depth slapped on top of it.

the insecurities of characters on this show are basically related at their condition of Eva pilots.
>Shinji know people like him only for being an Eva pilot and nothing else but he doesn't want to be a pilot.
>Asuka believe she's an excellent pilot, make it part of her identity, want praise for it but realize she sucks and nobody like her.
>Rei doesn't want to be a pilot but has nothing else in her life, she suffers from being "false" and know she can be replaced if she dies, so she doesn't cares about anything.

anymore questions? what did you not understood exactly? is it related to the mythos which is not relevant to the plot anyway?

Attached: 1561060530168.png (1800x1249, 1.65M)

t. brainlet

How dumb can you be to not be able to understand this shit?

something something kabbalah, something something gnosticism

Those stuff are relevant but Annoniggers are still in denial about.

>Rei not completely dominating the octagon, given that she was the best and most skilled Eva pilot
Trash.

No, you just have to not be a dumb cunt.

2deep4u: the anime

I need to found the artist, just to know if he actually made others pics, somebody could help?

you're supposed to be incel and gay to understand this.

I have a light grasp of Kabbalah.
If it's relevant, then tell me why Gendo had the Sephirot on his ceiling.

Everyone want to be happy. Nobody realized happiness is a shadow of suffering. Endgame leaves only those who suffered and chose to suffer.

STOP posting anime on this fucking board

>Nobody realized happiness is a shadow of suffering.
I'd argue that Gendo knew full and well what he was doing and accepted it if it meant he could be with his wife.

It's more Gnostic and Neoplatonic than Kabbalist actually.

No, its perfectly fine for anime to be on this board.
If you have a problem you can always KYS.

He did. But He kept pushing everyone away and using Rei. So when Rei came to power she rejected him and saved only those who had bonds with Rei and had suffered to help her. Probably because she figured they wanted to keep suffering in the world.

I've got a handle on those too, so what, did he fancy himself the Demiurge or a Pneumatic or something?

Gendo was on the path to God to reunite with the soul of his wife, so he kept the Tree of Life close.
Also the Tree of Life is literally a Dead Sea Scrolls schematic for how to initiate Instrumentality.
Also what you said.

You just have to be a fat basement dweller

Shinji became the Demiurge during Instrumentality, the human instrumentality project was made by people who can't handle the world of Yaldabaoth, so to escape the Demiurge they chosed to become themselves the Demiurge, the new Adam Kadmon, in hope to reach the true god or just create a safe space for themselves with their own rules.

However Shinji understood that even if the ego is the cause of all evil, it is necessary to lives on a duality, Shinji found the Gnosis and received the congratulations, he will escape from this world at his death breaking the cycle of reincarnations, during instrumentality he ascended to the world of ideas described by Plato where every ideal form are created, who also correspond to the Gate of Guf where every souls are created.

Rei was Sophia, the wisdom and holy spirit, trapped on a vessel and enslaved by a human.

She was completely freed by Kaworu, the christ and the Logos, who died for the angel sins.

Both of them said they are the sparks of God inside all humans and living beings to one day help them to escape from this world.

Im halfway through this right now. Watching use the netflix english dub
I did watch one random episode of the other english dub and doesnt really seem better or worse, at lesst the actors.
I can maybe see someone making a case for the jap dub but idk what the hubbub was about

sure why not

>idk what the hubbub was about
It's an all-star cast, about half of them were in Sailor Moon and Anno tried to get Ikuhara, his friend and the director for most of Sailor Moon, to direct NGE.

Non-anime content isn't allowed on Yea Forums for a reason, faggot

>ywn have nostalgic memories of Japanese crickets
Feels bad man

There's nothing more foul sounding than those slant-eye crickets if you've ever heard the euro ones.

How does Asuka fit into this, and where can I read a full dissertation on this?

Attached: 1486065394965.jpg (1000x1000, 173K)

The creators admitted to knowing absolutely nothing about Western religion thumbing through the first part of Genesis and just put it in there because they thought the aesthetic.

Any similarities are purely coincidental

Attached: latest-8.png (480x355, 144K)

*Thought the aesthetic was cool

Nah, you're just supposed to read the manga.

Attached: main-qimg-11cac6fafbf41a97c4f087f602caa0b4.jpg (602x452, 111K)

>Any similarities are purely coincidental
Once is an anomaly.
Twice is a coincidence.
A dozen or more is someone had at least a rough idea.

Fair enough. I think the show is overall great though, ecspecially once it got rolling

Somewhat. Yes. Evangelion is commentary on the culture of Japan in the 1990s. Japan was in an economic downturn and insular Japanese nerd culture was rampant. Anno made this as commentary on that as much as it was a deconstruction of Japanese mecha shows of the past decades.

Yet you can still enjoy many things in the show without that context. It's still got much to say about depression and human interaction. Plus there's the surface level government intrigue and "robot" fights.

Plus, there's always finding a waifu.

Attached: DSC01125-Copy Rei 1562170831054.jpg (900x600, 145K)

Nope. You just need to be a young angst ridden teenager to enjoy the fleshbot actions and to relate to Shinji.
I watched it over a decade ago. You people must be over 10 years younger than me.

Horny teens fight aliens in gundams what do you not get?

>in gundams

Attached: evangelion c3b9c09cf3badc2c3e252363b0492c6e_480.jpg (480x720, 58K)

I think it's bullshit, Anno was probably referring to random crosses or stuff like that.
Believe it or not but the kabbalah/Gnostic stuff is actually, back on the 90's you can't put stuff like that on a show without precise researches, it's too fucking of a coincidences that it fit so well.

The truth is those stuff about Gnosticism and kabbalah are not mainstream on the first place and that there is probably somebody on the creative team who was aware about it, Anno said it make no sense according to a standard Bible lecture.

What do euro crickets sound like?
American crickets are boring and lazy, Jap crickets are very melodic

Adam and Eve analogy at the end of the movie, though she came back with Shinji so probably found the Gnosis too realizing her self-worth.

The point of episode 26 was that you should not confuse the reality with the many truths inside this reality, this is what Shinji actually did, and without evil the good can't exist, so the existence of Ego is necessary to dualism, the point of existence is not letting our own ego dominating ourselves.

Why was there no doctor to help Shinji with his mental state? He was going insane, bros..

To achieve Instrumentality, Gendo had to wait until Seele had prepared everything they needed, and he had grafted cells from Adam into his hand.
To get that far, they had to beat back the Angels from destroying them Lilith, the source of their strength.
To do that, they had to use the Evangelions.
The Evangelions are monstrous meat puppets barely held in check by technology and animated by the souls of sacrificed mothers. They are not child friendly amusement park rides.
To get the only people in the entire world able to pilot them to actually climb in the cockpit, they're going to have to be manipulated.
With Rei, it was isolation. Being raised by Gendo and NERV and not allowed a proper childhood, she was seen as an outsider when she was sent to school, and never able to connect with another person until Shinji.
With Shinji, he saw his mother consumed by Unit 01, was sent into exile and estranged by his father, and then told that the world had a use for him.
With Asuka, it was how she was raised. Drilled from infancy to pilot an Evangelion and probably bred to do it as well, I'd bet. Watched her mother commit suicide and in the mind of her mother, she was taking Asuka with her as soon as she had attained the goal she'd been aimed at for her entire life. Then for the rest of her life it was Evangelion, day in day out, got to be the best, she's been training for a decade to save the world and then this plain, demure son of the High Commander kills an angel in ten minutes of being aware of the existence of the Evangelions.

A well adjusted child would ruin the entire delicate contraption.
You want an even keeled Shinji? Read Shinji Ikari Raising Project, maybe. Or a fanfic.

Attached: 1295748300601.png (557x385, 365K)