Cosmic Occultism instead of tired and old "muh magic wanker chanting while high" supernatural shit

>Cosmic Occultism instead of tired and old "muh magic wanker chanting while high" supernatural shit
Is this going to be the Twin Peaks of CapeKino?

Attached: aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNjAvODE2L2kwMi9kb2N0b3JzdHJhbmdlMi5qcGc=.jpg (575x575, 23K)

No, thats Legion.

it'll be watered down and Disney will expect people to not notice/case because of the special effects.

let's wait and see how it looks before jumping to conclusions. i will never trust disney/marvel's word when they describe a new marvel movie to be drastically different in tone form the rest.

>Winter Solider was a 'political thriller'
>Ragnarok was a 'buddy cop movie'
>Infinity War was a 'character study'
>Endgame was a 'space epic'
>Dr Strange 2 will be 'lovecraftian'
You fall for it every time

How soon into the movie will someone make a Cthulhu quip?

They're literally all the same movie but with different characters, if even that. You've spent the last 10 years paying money for the same rehashed juvenile garbage. Do something with your life for christ's sake.

Opening credits

It will be shit because Marvel is woke

Attached: 1564526568655.jpg (2233x2562, 739K)

This poster is correct. The lie that it will be notable horror when they will still want the family and Chinese markets.

I guess when you think about it you are right

>Ant Man is a "heist film"
>Civil War is a "psychological thriller"
It's amazing how easy Disney convinces people.

>Black Panther was the 'cultural event of the century'

Chloe Zhao is actually a kinoteur and probably one of the best directors marvel has ever hired

>Black panther is the first black super hero movie
>Captain Marvel is the first female superhero movie
>Captain Marvel is a "90's action comedy film"

>Homecoming is a John Hughes film

Is Disney the one purporting these ideas?

If Noah Hawley (Legion) was doing it I'd be pumped. I liked the first movie but I want them to go crazy with part 2!!!FACT!!!

It's gonna be like that new Hellboy movie right? A generic capeshit quipfest but mildly dark lighting and a handful of monsters from bloodborne so retards think it's actual cosmic horror.

All the movies you listed were kino though

Yes
After 10 years and 22 movies of absolute medicore artless trash...suddenly a sequel to a movie no one cares about is going to be kino
Yes that is what's going to happen
Remember how every Capeshit flick is awful??? Well guess what? This one isn't
You finally got one

Dr Strange 2 will be the thing to redefine superhero movies until it comes out and doesn't, then the torch will be passed on to the next movie to come out, until it also comes out and is more of the same. Repeat to infinity.

O rly? What has she done except being born asian and female? never heard of her

If they let the director do whatever they want, sure. Still bound to be meh being stuck in the MCU.

>Multiverse
>Stealing DC's Biggest Story Arc Before They Can Regroup And Do It Themseves

PRICELESS.

I will admit, I was a little disheartened Spider Man didn't go all in on the Multiverse, but I'm glad Marvel is following thru. One of our biggest joys in life is that we did Darkseid before DC did and totally derailed their connected universe.

#MarvelAlwaysWins

Attached: crisis_hero.jpg (1200x680, 250K)

>we

>wuz

>Chinese markets
The Chinese government don't allow supernatural stuff. Not being shown in Chinese cinemas is one of the excuses Sony used for Ghostbusters 2016 flopping.

can Marvel do horror?

>it'll basically be a horror movie!
No it fucking won't, because it has to be family friendly, appeal to Chinese markets so no ghosts or supernatural shit (hence the 'magic' not being actually mystical but weak sci-fi energy shit), the Jack Kirby "influence" will be minimal at best, it'll be bland as shit just like the first movie.

It will be horror in the same way Cabin in the Woods was horror. Just a quipfest with monsters and eerie music

>supernatural
>not being actually mystical but weak sci-fi energy shit
That's the point, dipshits. Twin Peaks is Cosmic/High Sci-Fi, not Supernatural.

Fuck, is there nothing DC can do without being accused of copying marvel now? is it all over for them

Who the fuck is talking about Twin Peaks you stupid fag? You know the OP is memeing, right? Also TP is supernatural, stay mad.

I am OP, you colossal faggot. That's the whole point of the thread. Reread it you dumb twat.
>Also TP is supernatural, stay mad.
Imagine being this much of a brainlet. WEW!

>creativity
>from the studio that wouldn’t even let Edgar Wright make his Ant Man
sure

They could make a good movie

oof, no

lmao never. The only mainstream superhero that deviated from formula is The Dark Knight, and MAYBE Logan. I doubt that the most safe formulaic studio behind 10 plus years of AT BEST slightly above average action quip flicks is all of a suddenly going to say fuck the safe money guaranteed quip format and go all in on a serious cosmic horror film.

Besides didn't they say the same thing about the 1st Doctor Strange only to the guy from Rick and Morty and make it a shitty comedy?

>Logan
>deviate
How exactly?

Oh okay you're just a MASSIVE fucking memelord then, go about your business.

I said maybe Logan. You can argue it's a road drama/western. I personally don't think it's enough so as far as I'm concerned it's just TDK, but I believe there is an argument to be made for Logan.

How soon into the movie will Cthulhu quip?

literally the same thing you said about Far From Home and then it was just a prank
Strange's Multiverse is just the "dude dimensions with monsters" that were already in the first one

Dr Strange is my favourite MCU film besides the first Iron Man. I hope this delivers but it's entirely possible the horror elements will be absolutely toothless even for pg-13.

That's a good point, that and Lord & Miller being fucked out of Solo should tell everyone we will never get a genuinely interesting Disney film for a long time

Surely THIS will be the first good Marvel movie, says area man

Kek.

Literally the only good movies in the MCU are the Captain America movies.

Everything else boils down to "guy fights other guy with the same powers"

Really? The premise of the The Rider seemed intriguing, but I just can't get through the dialogue in the trailer. Worries me what a movie will be like if even the trailer is full of bland exposition.