Why the fuck is this piece of shit movie so iconic?...

Why the fuck is this piece of shit movie so iconic?, i genuinely don't understand how it's become a mainstay in top 10 movie of all time lists

Attached: The Matrix.jpg (705x1000, 137K)

Zoom zoom

explain yourself, why didn't you enjoy it? when did you watch it the first time? whats your usual type of movies? give more input pls

Attached: yum_zoomie.gif (652x562, 626K)

Original concept, dark and edgy when it was still allowed, guns AND martial arts, philosophy, etc.
Unironically waiting for a remaster or reboot.

Because it’s one of the best science fiction films of all time

>those oscars on the cover
How the fuck is that a selling point.

This. Few films manage to balance so many different themes that well

>Why one of the most influential movie in the history of movies is so iconic?

gee, i wonder why.

It didn't age well, but it definitely was inspiring and innovative at the time.

cuz it was dope when it came out you zoomer freak

>It didn't age well
lel

Attached: 1564468877200.gif (72x72, 11K)

>he doesn't like specijalne efekte
get a load of this pseud

how many mainstream movies left audiences with an existential crisis? there's your answer.

nothing wrong with the first film

the sequels, however...

Attached: great.gif (300x241, 1.87M)

because it's fucking serbian, probably bootlegged version

it rolled everything from the 90s into one package and it was pretty cool when it came out

neverovatno

nothing from the 90s did. trechcoats and black glasses are not cool.

>original concept
wrong

>dark and edgy
true

>guns and martial arts
very true

>philosophy
DUDE SIMULATION THEORY LMAO

i love this movie though. the sequels were cashgrab shit

The Matrix aged surprisingly well

Only zoomers hate the matrix since it is a little slow at the beginning.
Redditors hate the sequels even though only revolutions is bad compared to the first 2 but is still good. I think it has to do with that scene with the creator that they didn't understand.
The matrix is an amazing movie. I like reloaded more.

>trechcoats and black glasses are not cool.
false

It may be impossible for a zoomer born after it to understand, but the first Matrix movie literally created a new kind of "cool". New aesthetic that people loved and latched onto. That is so rare that it has only happened a few times in the film medium's history. All the shit people wear and do in it must seem hackeneyed to you because you're so used to it, but that movie INVENTED it all. Think about it.

It's kind of like how people my age can't understand why Beatles was so great, because everything they did has already been copied millions of times and is no longer special. But it was special when they did it, they pioneered it.

>DUDE SIMULATION THEORY LMAO
based retard

There is no spoone
- the Matricks

>the creator
You mean the architect? It WAS fucking retarded.

darren aronofsky said it more or less rolled every piece of 20th sci-fi together. it was the perfect high note for the close of the century; a movie that was utterly derivative and yet somehow fresh and unique

Good post

Zoomers love matrix-like shit, retard

Animatrix was the only good post Matrix content. Reload and Revolution were trash.

The matrix gave everyone free choice to accept the matrix or to not.
Only 1% didn't accept the matrix so the matrix made neo to lead then out so they don't affect anybody else.
After a while they kill the leavers and get a neo to remake zion for the process to happen again.
What is there to not understand?

I enjoyed it because it made cyberpunk and cybergoth cool again for like 5 minutes. I want cyberpunk to come back, but retards keep killing the scene.

>gave everyone a free choice
according to the machine-god. no way to proove it. humans can just accept it as fact

only the 2 origins episodes were good, everything else was meh

Is there something else from that time period or prior that deserves to take The Matrix's crown instead?

didn't think so.

changed the landscape. it did for sci fi what fellowship did for fantasy - took a genre that for the preceding years had been relegated to television and brought it back to the forefront of pop culture

This. OP is clearly a Doomer or a Crypto Boomer

Why did the agents try to kill Neo if he was so important? Why do even need Zion for the "cycle" when you kill the leavers anyway. The concept of The One makes. no sense to me. If you need Neo to restart the Matrix because he has the source code then why the fuck don't they just hold him captive till he is needed instead of letting him escape.

It really is intelligent as fuck for an action movie. I don't know of any other movie with such a great balance. It may not look like so because of a retroactive effect that makes one think what Matrix was saying is common sense, when it was Matrix that started out and launched it in the mainstream media. I mean something of a "mood", a first encounter with Plato's cave, idea of living in a perfect simulation. There is just too much to discuss, you can take it from a political point of view, or about technology, or just focus on the action itself. The hype was enormous and it became an inevitable film, we see ripples of it everywhere.

The Matrix is unironically the wet dream of Progressives the Film.

The directors are trannies. They self-inserted in Trinity and Neo. These are two Whites that look sexless. They are there to save the literally unwoke people (in sleep) from the menace that is Smith, the White Supremacy allegory. They celebrate in the Zion with Mutt raced people this wokeness. Trinity and Neo are both God-tiers.

The film is essentially the same as this picture.

Attached: 1545926739149.png (275x183, 117K)

Fuck you, Beyond was comfy.
Also the one made by the Cowboy Bebop guy with the private eye was cool.

The directors weren't trannies when they made it, you zoomie. They were just fat guys.

They were closeted, or aspiring trannies. Probably cross-dressers.

They could have done that, they could have done this. Woulda coulda shoulda ya fucking dweeb.

Will Smith was supposed to be Neo but the retard went to make Wild Wild West because he was too dumb to understand the script.

It's iconic because you're a zoomer.

Good post. I don't know any other movies that can balance great action filmmaking and weighty sci-fi concepts so perfectly. The whole part were Neo wakes up in the real world and is having everything explained to him by Morpheus/Trinity sounds terrible on paper, yet it is executed with such grace that it becomes just as fun and excited as the rest of the film.

The comics were good and Reloaded is underrated.

Nothing comes close to being as good as the original though.

>a film that preaches free your mind and praises individuality is a progressive film.

You might be a retard.

It literally ruined films and filmmaking for the next decade after it was released. Every single piece of shit that came out afterwards was trying to imitate the Matrix in some form.

You might be a retard yourself, the teachings of Locke and Mill are completely within the tradition of Marcuse himself. They awake the people to last resistance of repressive tolerance of Matrix, to a reality of Mutt Sex Orgy glorifying two Whites.

Why would you want a reboot when the movie is perfectly fine already

If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life
Never make a pretty woman your wife

and every FPS since Half-Life has been a linear shooter with the occasional puzzle, but that doesn't mean it's not one of the greatest video games of all time.

the visuals effects and slow motion shots were like nothing before it.

why didn't you save them Yea Forums

Attached: fuck2.png (1406x1080, 1.76M)

>Unironically waiting for a remaster or reboot.
Feel free to commit suicide anytime

Imagine caring about what’s “cool” or isn’t. You just outted yourself as a monkey brained nigger zoomer

It was made at a time when a lot of people had the ability to think

I'm a zoom and this movie looks good. I remember seeing glimpses of it as a kid.
The sequels look like shite.

you haven't seen the matrix? what the fuck, dude.

They weren't cool in the 90s either you dumb zoomer

Smith was actually The One.

>DUDE SIMULATION THEORY LMAO
imagine being this surface level

Smith was -1 and Neo was +1. When he assimilated Neo they cancelled each other out.

they didnt self insert in neo and trinity but in Switch, or whatever, that character who wears white stuff and was supposed to SWITCh genders in and outside the matrix, in the original script