Tarantino is the last real filmmaker and now the art of filmmaking is dead forever

>Tarantino is the last real filmmaker and now the art of filmmaking is dead forever

Holy shit I can't wait until the boomers all die and everyone starts hating Gen X the way they deserve.

Attached: 5432.jpg (640x360, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NRXKkUhe_B0
cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/67/wr/mm6730a5.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: jlaw.jpg (1076x901, 279K)

>oh man star wars and star trek are bad now
I hope all boomers shrivel up and die so I don't have to hear about those giant pieces of garbage ever again. neither of them were ever good.

>that Gen Xer who thinks a competent action movie is high art on the level of Ozu or Bergman

Attached: gen xer.png (1467x1499, 1.06M)

You first

Attached: gamer.jpg (1920x2160, 227K)

Have they watched a foreign movie in their lives? They seem very narrowly focused on Hollywood

Jay talks about giallo constantly

He really doesn't

>constantly
no he doesn't

I'm sure the stuff you can imagine like John Woo and possibly Seven Samurai once many many years ago and they still bring it up despite barely remembering it.

Attached: 12335890672354.gif (250x265, 738K)

>competent action movie
reddit wording

Jay has actually decent taste in movies. Mike has pretty entry level taste, I thin he just enjoys being bitter.

I know boomers hype them up a lot but they really are better than any action movie coming out today

>Jay has actually decent taste in movies.
ehh he's just a horrorfag

Jay is a horrorfag so he watches shit like Suspiria and maybe Takashi Miike films. You're not going to catch anyone on RLM watching something like Andrei Rublev or Tokyo Story.

Weird I have never wished previous generations to die off or to hate older generations.
I watched old movies and found much value in them. The history and stories were fascinating.

Is it possible that the current generation may very well be a total bunch of assholes?

MovieBob?

>You're not going to catch anyone on RLM watching something like Andrei Rublev or Tokyo Story.
well yeah, those movies are boring and only liked by pseuds

But that's not what anyone is saying. What boomers do and what Gen Xers are slowing starting to do is obsess over their own generation and think it's the be all end all of culture. RLM literally argues that filmmaking is dead because the quintessential Gen X director is retiring.

>But that's not what anyone is saying.
>Holy shit I can't wait until the boomers all die and everyone starts hating Gen X the way they deserve.

Ok fine. I'll remove and now you can respond to the substance of the post:

What boomers do and what Gen Xers are slowing starting to do is obsess over their own generation and think it's the be all end all of culture. RLM literally argues that filmmaking is dead because the quintessential Gen X director is retiring.

>RLM literally argues that filmmaking is dead because the quintessential Gen X director is retiring.
Currently mainstream cinema is over with. As you are well aware the main attractions are now only IP.

Indy films are stronger than ever.

When Disney crashes big cinema should change again for the better.

>Indy films are stronger than ever.
source?

Attached: PFth4GB.png (1275x672, 414K)

He’s mentioned it on several occasions, semantic faggots.

They literally only care about Hollywood films from the 80s and 90s, they don't watch anything old or foreign

All boomers should hang. Especially the retarded conservacucks who can only parrot other people's opinions and guzzle RLM cum as if two fat retards in Milwaukee are the intellectual peak of Fi criticism. Their following is built on the discussion of the cheapest, most entry level trendy pop culture shit and they have nothing of substantial value to offer.
RLM is a friend simulator not a serious appreciation or even understanding of film as art. Fuck the shut-in boomers who spam RLM here. Yea Forums might actually be a decent board once they finally die off.

He hasn't.

Quick answer:
See YouTube.

They watch a lot of old and foreign movies. They're all shit and they probably can't find any artistic merit within them. But I doubt they ever get in the mood to watch good movies. Or rewatch good movies. They kind of just watch shit all the time.

Longer answer.

Attached: Sundance-2017-Static.jpg (593x847, 203K)

I know you aren't him but that's not what I'm looking for. I know plenty about the YT indie filmmaker/critc scene, but that's extremely niche. I was wanting user to give me some hard data like numbers or charts or surveys.
I'm not disagreeing I wish indie stuff was doing better but I'd like to see what user based that statement on.

I'd rather have a simulated friend, than a simulated guy I hate post about on Yea Forums. Do you need a hug user?

>I'd rather suck cock than not suck cock
So this is why retards love RLM and compulsively talk about them all day?

Hard data like numbers or charts or surveys that proves what specifically? Be sure it's something can be proven with hard data.

what about christopher nolan? just because his films might be shit doesn't mean he's not a "real" filmmaker. could also see villeneuve getting there in a few years.

They only think filmmaking is dead because they watch almost exclusively Disney quipshit like Marvel and NuWars. Then again, when they try to watch real films on rare occasion - e.g. the day of the Academy Awards, to LARP as if they’re part of adult film conversations - it doesn’t exactly go well. Time to accept they’re just the exact breed of ugly manchildren you’d expect them to be by looking at or listening to them. Lmao

Attached: D4D9D4FC-89A6-499A-8DC9-AA1628BE249C.jpg (1936x1936, 234K)

Did you even read the thread?
user said:
>Indy films are stronger than ever.
in this post I merely asked for a source, but sure go ahead and preemptively attack me

This. RLM fags think they're somehow superior because they listened to two bloated manchildren wheeze through what's laughably called a "review" when all they're doing is guzzling the sloppy seconds of capeshit and Disney shit. If anyone references RLM it's the easiest way to tell someone has an mental illness or is somehow intellectually disabled in some way.

Wrong.

>I merely asked for a source...
I gave you one:
>but sure go ahead and preemptively attack me
Not me

>not me

>It doesn't take a great artist to make some of the best action movies of all time.
>Give me Japanese guy famous for recycling the same shots and themes in all his movies and weeeeirrrd, psychosexual, dreamlike Swedish man.

>
They're 4-6 guys and a couple rotating friends who make irreverent videos on Jewtube for a living, so of course they're gonna focus on Hollywood movies over heavy Criterion films that nobody besides film students and filmmakers have seen. The only reason they can even talk about Tarantino, Marvel, or Blumhouse movies is that they have enough followers willing to support such content with their time and sometimes donations. Name a channel that's garnered a sustainable income stream by gushing over John Woo or Akira Kurosawa, let alone enough income for multiple people.

they make videos about shit that gets views, they watch a lot of other stuff that doesn't get it's own video because they know most of their audience only cares about capeshit and star wars.

Gen z loves RLM.

So basically they're plebs who make pleb shit for plebs? Thanks, we're done here.

(((Bauman)))

hahahahahhahahahahwhwhahah why would anyone under 30 care about some fat retards talking about capeshit

They're right. Digital "filmmaking" killed cinema.

>Tarantino is the last real filmmaker and now the art of filmmaking is dead forever
Source for this? Or is OP sucking cock again?

Attached: 1531165078728.png (453x604, 397K)

>people under 30 don't care about random retards talking about capeshit
I wish I lived in your fantasyland

>zoomers think their movies are better than boomer movies
whew

Since youre from reddit you should know that your kiddie pals grew in a different environment from us. They had youtube celebrities telling them what to do since a young age. They worship people like RLM like they were goods, they literally wait their reviews to form opinions.

It's not an exact quote but they absolutely say this in the new Once Upon a Time review

I liked Three Billboards a lot but I understand what he means. I don't think he's dismissing the entire film because of this statement, which lacks context.

They watch a ton of shitty italian 80s movies on Best of the Worst.

Didn’t New Glarus brewing tell these retards to stop posing with their beer in their videos?

>thinking anyone under 50 would actually give RLM money
RLM peaked like five years ago with the Star Wars reviews but after that only turbo autists cared
What's spammed on Yea Forums isn't what's popular in the real world

>imaginary things that don't happen
wew no

I’m pretty sure that EVERY generation obsesses over themselves at a certain point in life.

RLM have a catalog that will be watched for a very long time to come.
Like all classic shows they have an enduring quality.

Oh youre one of them, how about getting real friends and forming opinions of your own instead of listening to the worst kind of gen x specimens?

Jay was also a big fan of Shin Godzilla
>Name a channel that's garnered a sustainable income stream by gushing over John Woo or Akira Kurosawa, let alone enough income for multiple people.
Speaking of which, RIP Every Frame a Painting

So much seething itt.

Boomers are the most cringe about it though. They were born just before the technology era began and were cucked out of playing an important part in history so their entire generation has been about mindless consumption and impotent rage. They cling to the past because they never had a future.
Humanity will improve once the boomers die.

You're being too subtle for this thread.

>Humanity will improve once the boomers die.
Zoomers are worse. Totally braindead, tech-addicted pieces of shit.

This is pure fantasy right?

>writes this while gen z is proving to be a bunch of mindless sheeps

Very excited for the rest of the Tarantino Cinematic Universe

>Tarantino is the last real filmmaker
This can't be real. The most pleb thing to say possible regarding film.

Attached: 1539573694310.png (342x342, 231K)

>WAAAH STOP LIKING THINGS I HATE
>WAAAH STOP HATING THINGS I LIKE
Cool thread.

Attached: 1564205146841.jpg (1280x2088, 2.25M)

People please. We're all pieces of shit.
There it is in a nice bow.

Amen and praise kek.

Zoomers are literally the Renaissance Generation. They are the future of humanity, individually equipped with more power and resources than the entire planet was fifteen years ago.
Just admit you feel useless and irrelevant and make way for the new gods. RLM is exactly the kind of cringe content boomers flock to and you'll see it die off in about five years, if they even last that long. RLM will not survive the much anticipated death of the boomers.
The fact you're even getting triggered by my posts shows you identify as a boomer, so just stop posting and fade away. You are not welcome here, you are not wanted here, and if Yea Forums were real life you would be on the bottom of the social hierarchy. You're a brain-dead leech living off the accomplishments of your superiors and you know it. Just die already, boomer.

Gen Xer here and I could not agree more.

Please tell me that my generation (x) isn’t just as irritating as the Boomers in this regard. I can’t believe that is possible, given that our “market” was, is, and always will be incredibly tiny compared to generations fore and aft.

>They are the future of humanity, individually equipped with more power and resources than the entire planet was fifteen years ago.
Just slow down there Haas.
You may have more computing power in your pocket than was available on the entire planet in 1950, but you're using it to Whatsapp and that's moslty it. Be very careful about your assumptions.

>Just admit you feel useless and irrelevant and make way for the new gods. The fact you're even getting triggered by my posts shows you identify as a boomer, so just stop posting and fade away. You are not welcome here, you are not wanted here, and if Yea Forums were real life you would be on the bottom of the social hierarchy. You're a brain-dead leech living off the accomplishments of your superiors and you know it. Just die already, boomer.
But user, I am a zoomer... (23yo). My generation is shit. Like I said, everyone's a braindead tech-addicted cunt. Technology will improve, sure (when was this not the case?) but art and by extension entertaiment, will decrease in quality, and you're already starting so see that.

Are you ok user?

They have said it in other reviews before this one too

They mostly say the last filmmaker with a distinct style and also going to the cinema to see a movie because of the director and not just because its part of an IP

That's because they're talking about big original movies with big actors from hollywood specifically

Literally the most German name, you dirty fucking /pol/fag

>everyone but me is a retard
okay grandpa

>muh culture
Zoomers culture isn't measured by the same metric as boomer culture. Zoomers watch capeshit because they want to know if Iron Man saves the universe or not, they watch movies so they can hook up or post about it online. You're assuming what's popular is what's good and this is an illusion zoomers have shed. They understand entertainment is disposable, hence why they aren't angering over new Star Trek not being an exact replica of the cardboard sets filmed on back lots in the 60's.
Boomers think pop culture is serious and important art, zoomers realize it's all trash thrown out by boomer corporations trying to figure out why no one wants to pay for a streaming service. Stop living in a boomer's world, user.

The closest thing they've said before this video is he's one of the few mainstream directors with a unique voice, making his own ideas that aren't sequels/remakes, etc. You and OP are being disingenuous niggers.

>Yea Forums thinking QT is bad because they read about homages online
>Yea Forums thinking QT is bad because they used to love him when they were 12
What a stupid thread. At least you faggots are back to 2010 contrarianism tho.

Attached: fenriz no.png (1000x1013, 1.16M)

RLM currently get money on patreon you dumbshit.

this

What a woke af zoomer you are, fellow youth.

I don't think he's "the last real filmmaker", but he's part of this last generation of directors who shoot on film, like PTA and Nolan. So, in a way, he's one of the last real filmmakers, as in, people who make actual films.

>hurr durrr
No shit, but do you really think anyone born after 1990 is going to give them money after the lonely boomers die off? RLM is an oldfag hobby.

>bitches about numovies not being exactly like the ones from their childhood in the 1970s
>reviews numovies and says the old school parts are boring and the only interesting parts are the ones that make it nu

The reason these dumb fucks hated the prequels was due to them being classic fun star wars. They love nuwars because oooooo the force must die oooooo the protagonist is a nobody ooooooo sooooo interesting!

RLM are retards who hide behind the word schlock to try and mask that they genuinely love awful movies because they think the ideas in them are GOOD, not because hee hee they so bad they funnyyyyy.

If Mike/Jay had Kathleen's job Star Wars would be in the exact same spot because they'd be making all the same brainlet decisions. Space Cop proved they can't make movies, and Nuwars proved that not only could they ever produce good movies, they fundamentally misunderstand what makes movies good in the first place.

You're retarded if you like these guys.

J-Law had planet of sex with fat kikes and niggers.

Anywho, when some feminazi and/or one of their SJW white guilt numale closet faggot lapdogs calls you an "INCEL" or use their generic insult "have sex", because they can't form a coherent thought let alone a counter argument, it's because women are nothing more than three holes which is why even the ugliest, fattest, poorest amongst them can get laid whenever they like. Withholding sex from men is the only power they have. Without that they have nothing and are nothing but herpes riddled whores!

And the so-called "men" who use those words are even worse because they're virtue signaling numale cucks who think that they'll get some of that sweet college/university hipster chick pussy when those women will be fucking Chad Thundercock and only settle for them once they're looking to nest with a beta orbiter provider after they're done riding the cock carousel!

No one self-identifies as "involuntary celibate". It's something roasties project onto men who don't put up with women's shit. As if to say "oh, if you had sex you'd agree with me and give in to my demands". This is because women think they can get anything they want with sex and believe this because their white knight lapdogs betas would do anything for a pity fuck!!!FACT!!!

You're one autistic motherfucker, aren't you?

Kill yourself

>but do you really think anyone born after 1990 is going to give them money after the lonely boomers die off?
What makes you think this? Crowdfunding itself is something that's dominated by younger people in the first place. Next you're going to tell me that only boomers use instagram.

Attached: 1523482857829.png (792x584, 1.01M)

Nice try Jew.

Attached: 001.png (698x117, 7K)

>prequels
>classic fun star wars
>They love nuwars
You enjoy being wrong don't you?

They're right though.
I haven't gone to a movie theater in two years, but I'll go see this one. And I'm not even a big Tarantino fan.

>okay grandpa

Attached: 1362382833684.jpg (500x468, 25K)

Instagram is a free service which allows people to build followings and interact with other users. RLM's patreon is a tip jar so boomers can watch boomers talk about new movies that come out. Sure, there will always be recluses who throw in the occasional twenty dollars but what they're offering isn't a sustainable model in the long-term. Just look at Space Cop, a meme movie they made as bad as possible because they knew they couldn't make actual art. That's the kind of reward funders can expect. RLM is doomed without its boomer supporters.
Half the threads made here are boomers responding to their newest review. It's trickle down dialogue at best.

>They understand entertainment is disposable
This is why films from our era suck. Thanks for proving how vapid and uninteresting zoomers are.

He's probably one of the last auteurs in mainstream, anglophone cinema

Jay is starting to get fat again.

>anglophone cinema
My sides.

Attached: 1311453461316.jpg (350x466, 48K)

>Zoomers watch capeshit because they want to know if Iron Man saves the universe or not
so you consume culture like any other generation
>they watch movies so they can hook up or post about it online.
and consume more about it after having watched it
way to stick it to the man

>not caring about Avengers on an artistic level is "vapid and uninteresting"
you really have a hard time with critical thinking don't you

That's why I keep spamming Gilliam in these threads. I don't give a shit that all of his movies don't work out, that some are just whimsical nonsense, but he's a good example of someone who shares all their sensibilities yet they totally ignore. He is an auteur in any sense of the word. Even if you don't like Don Quixote they didn't even cover Zero Theorem in a follow up episode. They really only know the mainstream shit that comes out in major theaters like Trantino and Lynch and Jackson so they think those are the only "real" filmmakers.

Attached: gilliam.png (657x779, 527K)

>watching or not watching a Disney movie is sticking it to the man
banksy over here

I agree. I can't wait for Captain Marvel 2 for a real movie.

what a cool renaissance reference, are you saving humanity now by being passive-aggressive ironic towards the culture you consume, phew were have I heard of such a generation before.

>RLM wastes money on youtube skit tier movies
>at all comparable to Disney keeping theaters open
You sound unintelligent when you post, so stop.

>waaahhh RLM said a thing about Tarantino
I guess I should be dissecting YouTube videos by manchildren?

There are plenty of indie "auteurs," too. When RLM was saying Tarantino was the last real filmmaker, they meant as a household name whose films do incredibly well commercially and critically, which Gilliam's films do not.

>But that's not what anyone is saying. What boomers do and what Gen Xers are slowing starting to do is obsess over their own generation and think it's the be all end all of culture.
and again, zoomers will save the world like the new renaissance men because they watch corporate slop ironically and vlog about it afterwards. wow way cool nothing like this has ever happened.

What are you, some kind of boomer faggot? My money and thus my opinions are just as good as yours. Get with the times old man.

t. beta faggots

>>Tarantino is the last real filmmaker and now the art of filmmaking is dead forever
>Holy shit I can't wait until the boomers all die and everyone starts hating Gen X the way they deserve.

This is the equivalent of a clickbait title.
Congrats op...you're a faggot deadspin tier poster

>the value of a life is determined by the kinds of movies a person watches
actual boomer logic

>crowd funding is dominated by younger people

Wrong. Crowd funding is dominated by 25-35 year olds, people who have careers or long term jobs but don't yet have any real financial responsibilities like homes or families. As soon as they get some these people will stop watching and stop paying, which we can already see happening. Zoomers won't fund nearly as much because they're less white meaning less altruistic on average, and they won't have good enough wages to throw 10 bucks away on some internet whos. Like business IRL, most money comes from a very few individuals who keep throwing money at these people month after month week after week. And most of these people actually can't afford to do so, but theyre mortgaging their future for some dopamine hits now.

Patreon and crowd funding is a fad that will be dried up by 2025.

>My money and thus my opinions are just as good as yours.
Its not your money. Its your parents.

I like how you have zero evidence for your assertion, but continue with your buzzwords. Newsflash: there are people under 30 that throw money at retards like RLM, cam whores, and any other waste of space you can imagine.

>le zoomer boomer
Gen X-ers aren't actual baby boomers, though. This gay meme is really unhelpful when you want to get into the nitty gritties of generational gaps. Gen X was born in an era where this high reliance on tech was burgeoning, it's just that a lot of them chose to ignore it and it's now left them behind. Some, though, rode the wave. Gen X-ers are basically just slightly more smug, cynical millennials, both are the product of Boomer retardation.

They specifically said Tarantula is the last great filmmaker in the context of box office success. Im pretty sure they say this more than once in the video.

do yourself a favor and drop the generational myopia, it will only damage you in the long run.

it is when we're discussing movies on a movie forum. what a shit strawman.

Yep they did, but it was a good excuse to start a generational thread war.
BASED.

Putting Jurassic park there instead of aliens is absolutely retarded

shut the fuck up zoomer

Shut up fetus poopoo head.

>buzzwords
way to dismantle any attempt at taking your post seriously, but for the sake of argument let's compare how long camwhores can pull in cash by being young and beautiful with how interesting it will still be to listen to RLM in ten years
People will still want to see young flesh, they will not still care about boomers still bitching about Avengers 55 like it's 2015

Zoomers hate us because we were the last generation to enjoy our lives. Western Civilization is over and they know it so all they can do is hasten it.

I can't wait to die clutching my bluray copy of RoboCop while this children are raped by the Chinese

Attached: top-gun-2-trailer-italiano-maverick.png (931x524, 411K)

>prequels
>classic fun star wars
Are you retarded or something? Or too young to know what classic star wars is?

cope and seethepilled

You assertion was that no one below the age of 30 gives them money, which you provide no evidence for by the way.

Tell me something recent that has any cultural impact that isnt just recycled or rehash? Go!

this thread is my evidence

All this thread proves is you're autistic.

The future is so bright, you gotta wear shades.
By 2025 the first break even fusion reactor.
By 2045 the singularity will bring about paradise for.
By 2050 population will naturally decline by current projections.
Just hold on all of you asshats in this thread.
Just hold on. Things are gonna be awesome.
I'm not being ironic.

Attached: 1294481339128.gif (256x256, 491K)

posts the fag obsessed with RLM

>the one making long winded posts about RLM full of conspiracy theories about the RLM fanbase calls other people obsessed

Attached: 1528900363362.gif (480x358, 1.16M)

They should start a new series where Jay and his bf talk about gay movies.

Attached: vegas.jpg (799x924, 195K)

You'll be poor and never reap those benefits. Because you wanted to share your wealth with shitskins and trannies.
Resources are always limited. You gave yours away by being a pussy

Hey lil boy can you tell the time with analogue clocks? Can you navigate with a paper map? You mindful of your surroundings? Do you check social media at least 3 times a day? Can you pass your finals without hugging your phone? I bet you're fat as fuck kiddo.

I agree. He's completely right about the tone, but the rest of the film was really special.

>distinct style
>gratuitous violence, foul language and forced dialogue about wacky non-sequitur couple with the same set of actors in every film

We will own the stars.
But not you.
You will die.
Google knows and will see to it.

>conspiracy theories
Oh god, so RLM fags are delusional. I guess if you have a mental illness it makes sense you would seek out friend simulators and rabidly defend them when presented with facts about the real world.

>this entire post
lmfao

I can't believe they keep making this shit after they killed Hitler in Inglorious Basterds. Who will be the next big bad? And no Reservoir Dogs 2? Ugh, count me out.

"and here is why thats a good thing..." ;-)

>HOW DARE THESE YOUNGINS NOT LIVE LIKE NEOLITHIC CAVEMEN
>I BET IF THE POWER WENT OUT YOU KIDDOS WOULDN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH YOURSELF HAHA

Their claim is that Tarantino is the last filmmaker who sells a movie solely based off of his own name and history anymore. People see Tarantino, they see the movie, regardless of content or actors, while today the director's name has been replaced with the Studio's.

"Marvel movie" or "DC movie" is the norm, now, when it used to be "[Surname] movie".

You won't own shit. You'll be mining moon rocks for the people who do own it though. Probably some black tranny moron.

youtube.com/watch?v=NRXKkUhe_B0
Fucking wish the lights would go out to end zoomer life as we know it.

>Every Frame a Painting
beak breddit

Nope the singularity will own all and be all.
But you will be erased.
The worst thing God can do is not to punish you for eternity, but to forget you.

>youtube links

Ignoring Scorsese, Coen Brothers, Lars Von Trier, James Cameron, Spielberg Etc?

How about have sex and shut up racist
We at Gen X certainly don't get tired of you fucking whiner wingeshits always going on and on forever about racial politics but only being 1 PERCENT less racist than Baby Boomers. No it doesn't ever get old.

4% less racist than you though BTW without even trying. Remember to have sex.

Attached: racistmillennials.png (2560x1080, 248K)

Boomers would literally die of heat stroke in record numbers
HVAC is the Achilles heel of the boomer
Not really sure how meaningless Carpenter schlock is relevant but nuchan has brought in a flock of computer illiterate retards who post memes completely incongruous to their post so whatever.

>Trier
Order of magnitude less general public interest.

Everyone will still hate zoomers. Always.

Probably because everything produced for your generation has been shit and that doesn't bode well for anything you weirdos eventually end up creating.

>boomer gets absolutely btfo
>"conspiracy theories!" "agendas!" "here's a youtube video!"
>starts samefagging
lol every time with boomers
okay back to refreshing RLM's patreon with you

>We at Gen X
so our true enemy reveals himself at last

guys... it's real

what's the zoomer equivalent to this?

>falling for obvious false flag posts
Does your family often remind you that you're their "favorite?"

I'd argue that a lot of those names hold a lot less power over the public. The average person isn't really interested in their films with the advent of Netflix and streaming services. Tarantino can get even lazy boomers out of their homes and into a theatre, though.

This doesn't mean stronger. More films usually means weaker films.

Coens haven't been relevant since No Country
Cameron hasn't made a film since 2009 and was irrelevant for over a decade before that
Spielberg has been mediocre since the mid 2000s
Von trier has literally never been relevant

Edge of Tomorrow
Nice Guys
Man from U.N.C.L.E
Infinity War
Bladerunner 2049

>Scorsese
Ah yes, the great director whose latest feature film to be released was a massive flop, and I bet you wouldn't remember which movie it is without google.
>Coen Brothers
They make about one movie out of four which has some kind of mainstream relevance.
>Lars Von Trier
No one cares about Von Trier.
>James Cameron
He hasn't directed a movie in 10 years. And his planned movies are sequels.
>Spielberg
Maybe the only one who still makes movies and who has some kind of appeal.

That said, I don't think their point about "the end of an era" is great. I just think that it's generational. Sure, you don't see the same faces. But their point have great counter-examples. The "an actor who can bring an audience to a movie by himself" like Tom Cruise, is not Tom Cruise anymore. But the Rock is that actor now. Or comedy actors like Chris Pratt, who have a following of their own. And director-wise, you don't see the names mentioned before at the top earners anymore. But there are newer directors who are making their name known (or already have), and manage to get some awareness, even without having had the luck of being part of the new hollywood.

>topic switches to real movies
>retarded boomers vanish

ozu has a slight low angle to treat you like a child (which is what the cinephile wants)

>he thinks there are boomers here

Scorsese's last movie was a flop, but you can blame that on bad marketing. Also you are a retard for ignoring string of hits he had before that and hype The Irishman is getting right now.

You should add Upgrade to that list.

no thanks

DELETE THIS

You will own crippling debt and if you do manage to find a job, you will have to work until you die because you sure as shit aren't getting a pension zoom zoom.

t. millenial who will have to eat shit alongside you retards.

More films usually means worse films because a small handful of companies are releasing every single big movie. Therefore if they make a ton they have to spread themselves thin. With indie movies however you don't get that. It's just more people deciding to make stuff. Sure you'll get more shit, but you'll get more good shit as well.

You posted the one time Jay was right.

I mean yeah, that's a style. You could argue it's not a good style, but it's recognisable none the less.

ok retard

>shifting goalposts
Its a shitposter user

Pseud.

Too bad it's true

>literally
are you like literally sure?

But Mike called The Force Awakens one of the best movies of all time?
And praised Daisy Ridley’s Charismatic performance.

Why do they give every MCU movie a positive review and gush over them but now they're suddenly the death of le cinema?

this but star war original trilogy is high art and bogman is a hack

>Blame Marvel for the downfall of cinema

>proceed to shill every Marvel film they review

Hmmmm......

I like how the ironic RLM videos are basically laughing at the non-ironic RLM videos at this point.

Because of views.
They review popular MCU films so they get the views from the dumb children and manchildren that watch their videos.

And because they don’t want to upset their fans that love those shit films who only watch these specific reviews. They give “safe” reviews saying they are either great or okay. This gives them tons of likes and views.

Then when everything has died down they pretend to have never liking the film and that they are smarter and above it.

>that soiboy millennial that thinks boring yurogook snoozefests with editors in absentia is high art on the level of Griffith or Eisenstein
Scoff

Attached: 1555288570435.jpg (404x462, 57K)

I really wish people would stop using the word myopia unless referring to its actual meaning. Just say short sightedness; you don’t sound any smarter

Yuropoor directors with a few notable exceptions (most of which did their best work in USA anyway, e.g. Maurice Tourneur) are incompetent trash. The output of the greats of American cinema is by both depth of artistry and sheer volume more than enough to keep one occupied for a lifetime.

Attached: file.png (638x479, 225K)

Fucking anime produces better stuff than modern US cinema.

narcissistic, entitled, and lazy.

and that's generational myopia

fine, if this is really recognized I’ll drop my point. However it’s still annoying utilizing the official term instead of the pedestrian term just for a figure of speech

Griffith's output from 1914 to 1919 alone is worth more than world cinema as a whole after the death of Eisenstein.

Millennials are pushing 40. They had their chance.

Oh yes I am I watched it happen during Irma before my very eyes you stupid boomer
cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/67/wr/mm6730a5.htm

>Among the 129 hurricane-related deaths identified in Florida, Georgia, and North Carolina, 123 (95.3%) occurred in Florida; 88 (68.2%) decedents were male, and the median age was 63 years (range = 1–99 years). Eleven (8.5%) deaths were directly related to the hurricane, 115 (89.1%) were indirectly related, and three (2.3%) were possibly related (Table).

>The most common category of indirect circumstance of death was exacerbation of an existing medical condition (46; 35.7%) (Table). Specifically, 23 (17.8%) deaths were associated with chronic health problems, such as cardiac disease, that were exacerbated by stress and anxiety related to the hurricane. Three (2.3%) deaths in chronically ill patients were attributed to disruption of emergency medical services. The remaining 20 (15.5%) deaths associated with exacerbation of an existing medical condition could also be categorized as power outage–related deaths (Figure). Seventeen (13.2%) heat-related deaths were associated with lack of air conditioning, and three (2.3%) deaths occurred in patients whose medical treatment (e.g., supplemental oxygen) was electricity-dependent. Fourteen (10.9%) of the heat-related deaths occurred among geriatric patients with existing chronic diseases who resided in an assisted-living facility in Florida that was without power for several days during a period of hot weather after the hurricane’s landfall. An additional 27 (20.9%) power outage–related deaths were not related to exacerbation of an existing medical condition. These included 16 (12.4%) carbon monoxide poisonings.

>the median age was 63 years
TICK TOCK TICK TOCK

>when Jay was explaining to Mike how great Shin Godzilla is and Mike clearly wasn't interested despite realizing on some level that he would probably enjoy it

Attached: AP-gosling-01-as-170226_4x3_992.jpg (992x744, 67K)

I THINK MOVIES SET IN THE 60'S SUCK

I miss these kinds of posters... .

If you go back to the Godzilla HITB the whole comment section is everyone telling Mike to watch Shin because it's exactly what he described. He knows he just doesn't care.

Jay trying multiple times to sell Mike on Kong: Skull Island because it's obvious he would absolutely love it and Mike just shooting it down based on the title every time is a tough one too.

Attached: 34245.jpg (1728x2561, 1.33M)

Based. Tarantino is always working the kino marks into a seethe
>m-muh entry level!!
>c-casual filter
Cry more kino babbies. Tarantino is one of the greatest of all time.

>thinks marvel is pinnacle of cinema
They said block buster directors with a vision that could make hundreds of millions, be popular and be shown in multiple theaters
Where as all blockbusters now are either sequels, comic book movies or cinematic universes, where the studio controls everything and prevents directors from directing and having a vision
Of course there are good indie films and smaller films but taraintino is the last director with a vision

They're right. Are there any other directors who can make a big name movie, not a sequel or spin off or anything, and have normal people give a shit? There are no directors or actors left that people will watch a movie just because they are involved anymore. Other than Tarantino, no one gives a shit about directors making new original movies. People only care about big endless franchises and remakes and shit.

Mike doesn’t care about Monkeys or Apes.

He only likes Dinosaurs and Ghosts.

Honestly. Boomers invented computers, i mean you can shit on them for other things, but they facilitated all that shit and now that chingchong man will provide you microprocessor peripherals for basically change to what it ised to cost, youre all smug with your muh teknology but what you dont understand is the entire foundation is laid by boomers.

Gen X is dogshit

Virgin

>Star Wars was never good
True autism

>That pretentious faggot that thinks he's better than everyone else

Yes yes yes thanks to you daddies at the government funded Bell Labs.
Oh yes the only reason this all exists is BOOMER SOCIALISM.
And 99% of everyone else thought they were shut in nerds with no life. Have you ever seen any of these people? The only ones who are charismatic at all are Brian Kernigan and Vint Cerf. Everyone else is a stereotype of a 70s nerd, hated and vilified by the large majority of society who thought their work was useless.

the actors and directors names are becoming less important
all movies seem to be animated or about comic books
there are original ideas and movies but not the big blockbuster, main stream, seat filler flicks like in the 70's-00's
that is the difference, there are still these movies and actors but their appeal isn't them, its the idea of the movie, something known, case in point, how many spiderman movies have we gotten over the past ten years?

Attached: lurking.jpg (634x657, 87K)

>The output of the greats of American cinema is by both depth of artistry and sheer volume more than enough to keep one occupied for a lifetime.
Maybe back during the New Hollywood period of the late 60s and 70s but then Spielberg and Lucas killed innovative mainstream cinema by creating the modern blockbuster with Jaws and Star Wars.

based

>NOOOOOOO CAPESHIT ARE REAL FILMS!!!!!

>star war original trilogy is high art

Attached: soy-boy-png-4.png (640x600, 131K)

just stop watching really low mental

Who is the bottom is this relationship?

hitler jr

see

All movies are gay.

not seeing any of the replies you are my hero fact bro

Well I just reject your hypotheses

Attached: You Slimy Motherfucker.jpg (1157x675, 110K)

Your moaning about this however makes you sound considerably dumber

>YWN have a cute BF that pushes you to become better like Jay

That's not proof they're plebs, it means they could also just be sellouts.

Kind of agree. Jay and Mike are as swayable as anyone. They played completely into the SJW and #MeToo crowd after Trump won in 2016. You don't need to be a genius to know that at the very least they don't appreciate people taking what's indirect comedy as a literal attack on people. But they didn't care and they went along with it until they kind of realized that nobody who talked shit about them really gave a shit about what they did. They were just auto-flush toilets for them to shit in. Course I do like the taste of films with Jay and Rich, Mike is... a little too generous with the 'Meh'. Like he had a choice between watching TNG for the hundredth time, or seeing the next Marvel movie.

get fucked

Somebody murder them

Whose murder will be more cinematic, Mike's or Jay's?

Every generation from the "Greatest" on deserved or deserves to be gassed

OUATIH is meandering, mediocre shit.
I knew he was a dyed in the wool pleb when he said that JB was his least favorite of his own films

GRIFFITH?!?!

Attached: gatsu.jpg (522x543, 97K)

>they don't appreciate people taking what's indirect comedy as a literal attack on people
That has more to do with the Max Landis controversy.

Aka when Mike and Jay made fun of Max Landis when he went on an autistic tirade on everyone who dared to criticize his shit American Ultra movie. And then Max bitched about them on twitter and Reddit and sent his fanbase to attack RLM, forcing them to extend and Olive Branch and invite him on the show to defend/shill himself.

It is also why they showed Rian Johnson’s tweet (“I fear them”) in their Last Jedi Half-in-the-Bag review. They were afraid of offending him and causing a controversy.
Then TLJ was panned by tons of people online (like Mauler) and such so they weren’t afraid to hold back in their Plinkett review.

It also has to do with legal reasons. Like bleeping out Bryan Singer’s name.

Mike is a fat and dumb alcoholic. All you would have do give him enough beer and then push him down the stairs.

Jay would put up a chase/fight. His would be kino. He may even survive.

>They played completely into the SJW and #MeToo crowd after Trump won in 2016
What the ever living fuck are you talking about?

They are right. There are no more star filmmakers after Tarantino. Name one director besides him that would get people out of the house and to the cinema in droves just from their name recognition alone. You can’t. And this isn’t even a genre movie it’s a fucking meandering 3 hour meditation on the death of Hollywood’s golden age (and what would it have been like if the defining moment of the 60s wasn’t a brutal massacre.)

Tarantino is a legend.

>Staring off with Jackie Brown 2
It's like they want Phase 5 to fail

Just replace his Truvada pills with placebo and he’ll be dead within a month.

>Name one director besides him that would get people out of the house and to the cinema in droves just from their name recognition alone.
Christopher Nolan
James Cameron
*mic drop*

that's a long right arm

Not even close for Nolan unless it’s a sequel.

Cameron maybe but again at this point I don’t see him making a hit unless it’s a sequel.

>film stars a child actor with a cartoonish fake mustache as Hitler Junior
You're on to something, this could be certified kino

was talking with my boomer mom earlier today about how gen x'ers are the real pieces of shit

The film is infantile

Interstellar made 677M.

*slaps your penis*

>Not even close for Nolan unless it’s a sequel.

Inception and Interstellar

I’m not trying to argue with you guys but these are both hugely marketed genre movies. If you Nolan put out a 3 hour drama about the movie industry in the 60s you really think it’d make 40m opening weekend ?

Possibly, especially if it started Leo and brad but obviously we'll never know so that' s an effective moving of the goalposts for you.

>get people out of the house and to the cinema in droves just from their name recognition alone
this is a really retarded goalpost you guys
there are plenty of filmmakers but they aren't the fucking problem, it's the moocow flyovers who only pay to see the same garbage over and over.
It doesn't help that the only way to see most of these arthouse movies is to torrent them because they don't get any kind of normal release or if they do it's one of those "one night showings".

you're an absolute fucking shithead
I fucking hate you

>Terrence Malick
>PTA
>Andrew Dominik
>Damien Chazelle
>Martin Scorsese
All of these guys are real filmmakers who make kinos but these fucking hacks fail to recognize them. Did they forget that Terrence Malick exists or something?

Mike doesn't like movies
he's just an egomaniac

I completely agree
thanks for saying so

>implying theyre not right
Tarantino looks like a genius when the rest of Hollywood is making franchises

lol how did we forget about PTA until user here showed up
That one dude completely negates this entire bullshit argument

Jay has said on pre rec that he doesnt like terrence malick
And Mike has said he doesnt like PTA

>durr imma ripoff random foreign films with more feet
>genius
PTA films don't play for a wide audience.

you're completely fucking idiotic

Since when did Yea Forums turned against RLM?

long post incoming, but here's what I noticed after being a previous fan: roughly around 2015 it began to slide downhill.

>they stopped being edgy and extremely hostile in their reviews, refusing to call shit exactly what it was
>they stopped putting effort into the sitcom part of the show, where past episodes had them fucking around with Plinkett and doing crazy shit as they talked about the movies, they had either a 2 minute setup that immediately switched to reviewing for the rest of the episode, or just ignored the sitcom stuff completely and was just them talking from start to finish
>they stopped reviewing obviously bad movies in order to mock them, and instead settled on popular movies that would give them more clicks
>they stopped reviewing cool movies nobody had ever heard of for the same reason

and the worst part

>their analysis got weaker and weaker; where as before they would autistically pick apart techincal stuff in the movie in an interesting way, they switched to a reviewing style with nothing interesting or insightful to say about anything in the movie, just "the story was weird, I didn't like it lol", reallly obvious and boring reviewing
>they simply stopped being funny, nothing clever or amusing in their new stuff

They used to be a couple of film nerds that looked at movies on technical levels beyond plot, while participating in an absurdist plot centerted around them reviewing and drinking beer. Now they're just two dudes talking about a film with nothing really interesting to say. They simply gave up everything that made HitB good in order to sit back and cash in. Their release of Space Cop was the final nail in the coffin. Every point they've ever brought up to rip other movies was on display in that turd, and I feel sorry for the poor saps who actually paid real money for that turd.

>"an actor who can bring an audience to a movie by himself" like Tom Cruise, is not Tom Cruise anymore
this really isn't true, Tom Cruise is absolutely one of the last movie stars - his smaller stuff might not be much of a draw (American Made), but he basically doesn't do those anymore. Any kind of action film with him in it is making bank (even The Mummy, as bad as it was, would've been a decent success if the budget wasn't so fucking high).

Really only a few other actors in that league now that I can name off the top of my head
>Tom Hanks
>Denzel Washington
>The Rock (you're right about that one)
>DiCaprio (to a degree - the projects he chooses always do well but they aren't the summer blockbuster types)

Today, just now. You're seeing it happen in real time.
RLM is now Channel Awesome or Cinemassacre tier. They exist for us to ridicule and make memes about.

Attached: Time is the fire in which we burn.jpg (650x650, 103K)