What is your honest opinion about this movie?

What is your honest opinion about this movie?

Attached: 97285ac74d4ce439a874f0e58680dac6_500x735.jpg (500x735, 169K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nogk7Ox-3E0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i thought it was very good

I read the summary on wikipedia and it sounds dumb

Onions horror

Flawed but good movie. Liked it much better than Hereditary

I haven't seen it.

white men bad white women strong tho

I actually didn't get this from the movie. You can argue that Christian was 'le evil white male' but I don't. I think he fucked it up once too many times with his girl, and I thought she was very naturally sympathetic.

have sex

It sucked. Hereditary sucked even more. Onions horror.

Onions horror

Jewish projection.

Onions onions

Agreed. Hereditary was not good. Midsommar is just the wicker man, which was great.

I though it was pretty good but ultimately not scary. I'd love to live in a comfy but morbid little Swedish village.

Not a fan of most of the a24 stuff, but the movies are usually interesting at least. Everyone in this thread can say onions all they want but every movie is made by pretentious hipsters now. It's the film industry and it's all onions, just different flavors. If you don't like it you should have tried playing sports or tried going outside when you were little so you wouldn't grow up to be such a giant fucking pussy.

Only good answer

Where the fuck can I watch this?

I don't blame him for his fuck ups. This girl had been an emotional drain on his life for years

Yea how could she be so thoughtless, she only lost her family in a murder suicide

Boring shit, all the characters were uninteresting with the main character being the worst. Not a single surprise in the movie, character A does X which makes it obvious they will die, they die (mostly off screen).

There's literally no one to root for, the boyfriend is bit of a dick but he just wants out of the shitty relationship, the girlfriend is depressed and insane, and the shitty cult story doesn't make a lick of sense.

A big waste of time, and not a single moment during which you are scared.

Mcdonald's arthouse

what does onions mean

It was made clear early on shes emotionally unstable and uses him as a rock in her life. He gets nothing out of this though and its been that way for years. Why should he have to be there for her? I understand staying with her until she can make peace with what happened to her family but after that if she can't change, he should break off the relationship

i liked it a lot until the suicide of the 2 old folks after that episode i didn't get some of the choices of the characters and it kinda dragged on too long, all the thesis bullshit was annoying. i really liked the cinematography, the first trip of the protagonist was great, i think in the end they could've made a scarier trip, instead of only showing flowers moving. overral it was at least an original and interesting movie, though i liked more hereditary i guess, at least on first watch

Imagine if they made a movie like this about the Jews

Numbers indicative of accuracy

>Ari Aster
it´s just as bad as Hereditary !

It was fine.

He should have broken up with her instead of stringing her along, and even if he felt he had to stick with her longer because of her dead family (not her fault), he didn't have to act like a dick and then keep her close. He wasn't a terrible person and didn't deserve to be burnt alive but he was acting stupidly in the entire relationship and if he had issues with it he only had himself to blame.

>poster is a crying roastie
No thanks *puke*

>t was made clear early on shes emotionally unstable
God imagine thinking emotional vurebility isn't a normal healthy part of a relationship. Don't ever have one, please.
She was not established as unstable, you stupid fuck.

>Not a fan of most of the a24 stuff

You're not a fan of good cinema?

Why is she crying?

Pretty boring except for the funny sex scene

Embarrasing post

Why does she look like a Latina/mulatta in all the promotional material?

Inferior in every way to Hereditary but pretty solid

She was high and caught what she thought/interpreted as her boyfriend cheating on her

I was having a family reunion a couple of weeks ago, and my Mormon uncle and cousin were visiting. I went to the cinema to watch it at the time, but to avoid being seen as rude, I said anyone who wants to come can join me.

My cousin, uncle, sister, and brother in law all attended, and it was during the female on male rape scene that they all got up and left.

Because I secretly got high before going, and because I've never seen 4 people leave a Cinema from being offended, and also because I knew the shit I was going to have to deal with when I got home, I started laughing maniacally throughout the whole scene. It was pretty packed, so it would have seemed to the audience I was laughing at the rape itself. When that thought occurred to me, I started laughing even more uncontrollably.

Wish I had this on video.

I enjoyed the film.

Didn't know what to think of it exactly after the viewing, next day I realized I loved the experince and went for a second one. Makes you feel complicated feels almost as good as Tarkovsky. Also I loved the director's language, how he uses simple imagery like a close shot of an open hand, to set the tone and the pace of a scene, and to tell a story. It's truly an outstanding film.

Plotfags must suffer. Watching GOT is more up your alley. Does knowing Anna Karenina dies turn you off the book too?

This is cultural appropriation and the swedish people will NOT stand for this.

#NotMyMidsommar

>Doesn't include scenes so they can sell the director's cut they've already announced.
>Paint's white traditional festivals as weired blood rituals
I wonder what race the director is?

I really enjoyed it. Don't try and define it, it's certainly not a horror movie, but for what it is, I like it.

Go back to plebbit.

>When a film fails to perform the basic requirement of a genre the viewer is at fault
Kike.

cried afterwards

Fuck A24

A24 is just a publisher you fucking retard, they don't make movies

lol what genre, retard?

How does the female rape the male? That is sort of my bag

yeah this is the only reason i'm interested in the movie desu

cringe

>Great intro scene
>Europeans are weird
>People screaming for 2hrs
>Burn stuff cuz Wicker Man
>Roll credits

It feels like a movie that was made and was boring, pointless and not even remotely scary. So they added a couple of 'freaky' scenes and marketed it as one of these new A24 horrors.

People were walking out of the cinema out of sheer boredom, and I was seriously considering leaving myself. And I've NEVER left a film. It was honestly that boring and annoying.

horror, moron

Sneedsommar.

Horror film without the horror.
Standard modern "horror auteur" trash.
Doesn't even explore themes with more depth in place of the tension.

He's not exactly raped. She flirts with him a few times, he goes to find her to fuck her, and while they fuck a load of crazy naked women appear, start chanting, and they push the girls hips onto him harder.

They want his seed to stop their commune from becoming too inbred and retarded. Like everything in this film, it takes a potentially interesting premise and makes it too-long and boring. It went on so long that people started laughing in the cinema. It went past awkward, through boring, and into comical because the scene just kept going with the women chanting and the guy looking confused.

It really is an awful film.

>He's not exactly raped. She flirts with him a few times, he goes to find her to fuck her, and while they fuck a load of crazy naked women appear, start chanting, and they push the girls hips onto him harder.
He was drugged - he was unquestionably raped

I thought he was drugged, so date rape?

brainlet

whats up with women making these retarded fucking faces lately?

As a swede, cringe.

I also dont see how the dude deserved it at the end.

Humans scream, autist

Nope, try again contrarian jew.

I really liked it. I wish there was more weird drug and sex stuff and less violence. Maybe only have the couple and one other American who dies offscreen.

>the shitty cult story doesn't make a lick of sense
It was really straightforward. What confused you about it?

*ahem*
anyone got a link?

if shes screaming why is her mouth not open

Attached: 1560117436800.png (1920x1080, 979K)

Christ, I'm really explaining humanity to an autist.
There's a wide range between mouth wide open and mouth slammed shut when you're fucking upset.

Wickerman with better cinematography. Didn't even see it as horror because the civilians stepped into the pagans world, and i'm pretty sure the black guy knew what he was getting into.

i wanted to see her big fat butt

>better cinematography
I really don't get this meme.
People think the camera moving around is 'great cinematography'. Someone please explain to me how the camera making the car appear to be driving upside down aided the story or themes? And explain how I wasn't meant to want to laugh out loud at the ludicrous self-indulgence of that 'great cinematography'.
I hope you mean "Wicker Man without the themes and scares."

>entire thread is just repeating what RLM said

oof. Big yikes.

don't have a reddit account, just don't get the onions thing

There's nothing more insufferable than A24 fans. Proclaiming The Lighthouse as a masterpiece before the trailer even came out; thinking Midsommar deserves Oscars (but predicting it'll be """""snubbed""""").
It's frankly embarassing.

>as a swede
what not enoug hmigrants in the movie?

>Proclaiming The Lighthouse as a masterpiece before the trailer even came out
Let's not pretend like people here aren't doing the same with The Joker.

Cringe.

How are things at home?

I don't see the relevance? Anticipating capeshit to be a masterpiece is laughable.
Yikes...

How new are you?

Imagine being this offended by a film

Hereditary is much much better

I didn't see it. The poster does nothing for me and the name repels interest.

Any torrents out for it?

Are you a woman or an autistic man?

>how I wasn't meant to want to laugh out loud at the ludicrous self-indulgence of that 'great cinematography'.
I felt the same way, the movie was too long and by the end the shots seemed like a wankfest. The shots were good though, every shot was a painting.

How is she not shown to be unstable? She's busy popping pills.

He doesn't

i enjoyed your story

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-01 Ari Aster - Wikipedia.png (994x287, 104K)

I thought it was entertaining and beautifully shot, but its thematic arguments weren't supported by the film. It feels like the modern American equivalent of those "if you aren't nice to your brother, he will kill you" fairy tales. I'm sure that's the point, but I feel like most people leave the theater thinking "Well, I don't know about all that..." which I don't think was intended by the filmmaker.

Too much crying and screaming for me.

Zomg WTF Ari Aster is Jewish?!?!?!?!?

wtf, I hate Ari Aster now

No good ones yet.

I don't understand how this is what you got from the movie unless you are absolutely obsessed, or is this bait?

The ass was fat

It was great. The previews ser people's expectations incorrectly and some may have been turned off expecting an actual plot without holes instead of the arthouse-lite LSD themed experiential flick it is. I was thoroughly entertained once I let that go.

It's bait.

>arthouse-lite
Lmao

It was an effective horror film which is the least you can ask from a horror film these days.

>I thought she was very naturally sympathetic.
Cuck spotted.

It was ok, Flo is cute

If it's effective why were there no scares and tension?

>not scary or horrifying
>effective
Nah it was just kike shit.

>wow the ending to the wicker man was really surprising
>how can I shoehorn that ending into my movie
Aster can't innovate

>Aster was born on July 15, 1986 in New York City. His father was a musician and his mother was a poet. He has a younger brother.[2] His family is Jewish.

>kike shit
you mean 90% of good movies?

>Paint's white traditional festivals as weired blood rituals
Do you actually get offended by shit like this? It was just different weird shit from different cultures put into one fictional cult.

>I went into this movie high, please take my opinion seriously

>People were walking out of the cinema out of sheer boredom
Only people who left in my theater was when that sex scene started.

Uh, don't feel bad, i literally just watched It and pretty much the whole theater was laughing at that scene, its just really bizarre

What a snowflake

>As a hockey player, Friday the 13 offends me

pretty spot on as far as bad acid trips go

>DUDE I'M ACTING LMAO
>DUDE DRUGS LMAO
I like it. Visuals were great. Also Mark best character.

Attached: cute.jpg (789x460, 116K)

He is high out of his mind in some kind of home made lsd

i really enjoyed it.

No one deserved to die, yeah MC eyebrows was a bit of a cunt, but It really didn't matter, they were dead since they set foot on that town

very good

I'm offended that it would never happen to kikes, or actual savages the practice blood rituals/cannibalism. I thoroughly enjoyed The Ritual though, because it wasn't about a specific, normal festival, was well done and had moments of suspense/horror.

In a previous thread I petended to ask his race. The reply I got was
>He was born in New York, his race is American.
I kekt hard.

>90% of good movies are shit
Er okay?

>I enjoy it when a movie is released with shots removed and preplanned to have a directors cut so I can pay twice
What a good goy

>watch how he recoils

>hey, this is good shit
>psh, you think it’s shit!? Lelelelelel
killer gag, user. Clever word play

Predictable

Predictable

jesus newfag, how do you sleep at night

calm down snowflake

i thought the last part with the screams was too extra i didnt like it but i liked it overall it was a cool flick

Attached: 1560446391315.jpg (1600x1250, 397K)

>works in hollywood
>named Ari
>is jewish
newsflash user, every movie, tv show, and music/band you've ever consumer has jewish hands in it

>t. illiterate

have.seks.

in the cinema
based.

Attached: BigSisterModelBio2Trailer.jpg (1000x752, 231K)

unironically no u

seething

I know you are you said you are but what am I?

>666 numbers
>I think the evil pagan ritual girl is sympathetic

nice try satan

>There's literally no one to root for,

You don’t need to root for someone. I know Americans always need someone to self insert, but a movie about a cult doesn’t need that

What can i say some people bomb during the first debut, it only took 2 tries.

a hack.

Movie is too white to show at my local cinema apparently. Where can I watch this online?

Attached: tenor.gif (498x348, 1.01M)

Nailed it. Decent visuals, but I’m still waiting for a horror movie about a Jewish/Islamic desert cult to be made.

what are you guys, democrats? dude's can't be raped, stop being faggots.

i prefer this face

youtube.com/watch?v=nogk7Ox-3E0

Well lit given they shot in harsh sun conditions, pre golden hour, every day. Precise wide framing in an era of over covered scenes (laymen's terms too many shots) it was shot with a lot of confidence and craft, doesn't make up for a movie that isn't good (not my opinion) but it's quality filmmaking for sure

"Hurr, Cringe! Durr, Cringe! Cringe!"

Is that all you shitposting fucks can say?!

"ugh, based based based cringe cringe cringe based based cringe cringe"

I feel like I'm in a fucking asylum full of dementering old people, that can do nothing but repeat the same fucking words and look like a fucking broken record!

"Cringe cringe cringe cringe! cringe based based! onions onions onions! onions LOL onions! Cringe boomer Le zoomer! I am boomer?! No zoom zoom zoomies, zoomer going zoomies!"

AGH I FUCKING HATE THE INTERNET SO GOD DAMN MUCH!! FUCK SHITPOSTING HONEST GOD-FUCKING I HOPE YOUR MOTHER CHOKES ON HER OWN FECES IN HELL! YOU COCKSUCKER!

OH BUT I KNOW MY POST IS CRINGED ISN'T IT? CRINGE CRINGE CRINGEY-CRINGE BASED CRINGE REDDIT CRINGE BASED REDDIT ONIONS BASED ONIONS CRINGE REDDIT CRINGE

cringe

> s󠀀oyboy

>i thought the last part with the screams was too extra
stop talking like a nigger or got back to redit

based

why would you plebbit space it out, 2/10 user

It's really good and a proper pleb filter

makes poltards squeal so I love it more

Natural breaks in the delivery, you fucking autist

RLM's take was shallow and disappointing

I liked it and I go to /pol/

It was boring. I expected the kindly secluded pagan villagers to Wicker Man the dumb Americans and that's exactly what happened. The weird thing is that nothing really felt horrible or frightening or disturbing the same way Hereditary felt viscerally horrifying. A man gets made into a Blood Eagle, a guy gets skinned with his hide worn as a costume, two boomers jump to their deaths, and it all feels like I'm watching someone else watch it.

I kinda agree. What happened to Dani was awful but having to be the emotional rock to someone who loses their entire family when you thought it was gonna be a regular relationship does suck. Also, Dani shouldn't have gone to Sweden with the guys. She did nothing but feel miserable and cry and while that's understandable, that's not what you want when you're taking a bro trip.

im from swedenland and this was onions