Why did they ditch the heavy metal theme and clunky durable armour...

why did they ditch the heavy metal theme and clunky durable armour? They were some of my favourite things from the first 2

Attached: ironman2.jpg (1600x900, 138K)

Magic science armor is better because it can do nearly anything

Magic armour didnt happen until iw but the armour stopped looking real after avengers

I forget the particular Iron-Man writer but his thought was that the armor should progressively get sleeker and more compact due to advances in technology. Getting to the point where he eventually looks like the Silver Surfer. I don't agree because, like OP, I enjoy the clunk mech look but I can see where he's coming from.

CGI MAKES PEOPLE LAZY
"MY HELMET CAN ORIGAMI FOLD PERFECTLY INTO MY SUIT IN 2 SECONDS"
YEA, COMPLETELY REALISTIC
THANKS, CGI

i still think the very first flying suit looked the best because it was basically a walking fighter jet

all the aerodynamics and shapes and the flaps really helped make it look like it made sense and felt real

How the fuck could Iron Man make plasma weapons and big melee weapons out of thin air?
There was literally no extra mass in his suit to magically T-1000 morph that shit into different weapons.

Like, you actually have to have material with you in order to make those things, even when you can morph matter into whatever you want.

>nanotech
Your puny unintelligent mind could never understand this scientific marvel. PUN INTENDED!

Okay, I've been told, sir. Take my upvote, badass stranger!

cheaper and easier, especially when iron man no longer really had his own films and was on screen with a bunch of other CGI elements, characters and effects they wouldn't want to spend so much on nice looking reflective armour that folds away elaborately for a single character that may go unnoticed by the audience anyway, so just make it some matte coloured goo instead

>why isnt this comic book movie for children realistic

because they had to scale up his power for story reasons dimwit

>nanotech
As fucking retarded as Star Trek throwing around the word "TACHYON" whenever they needed to bullshit their way out of actual explanations.

Well why not just have everybody have 400 foot cocks that shot out nuclear blasts out of the end and have everyone fight like that, then?

they were hollow vibranium is indestructible

The timeline actually moves forward unlike the comics, so every movie has Tony improve on his technology.

I hate that this makes so much sense.

You gotta be 18+ to post here kiddo.
Why don't you take your superhero movies and go back to playing fortnite?

>armor mk 2 or 3
>gets shot down in flight by tank
>crash makes a goddamn crater
>gets up no big deal and destroys tank
>armor mk 9000
>car drops on him
>AAAAA MY ARM IS BROKEN
The fluid cgi armor was boring as fuck, ye olde mechanical suit was awesome, the suitcase from iron man 2 pure kino.

Attached: antman.gif (200x109, 1.96M)

Couple of reasons
>Easy way to show an increase in Iron Mans powers between each movie
>Simple way to give Iron Man more tools/weapons to work with
>Follows along with the comics, where the suits become more and more advanced as technology advances

>I don't agree with his logic because the suit dont look so cool anymore!
This. Capeshit should not be realistic, it should just be cool looking. Thats why no adults should watch it

Ever heard of "density"? No, im sure you have. People must tell you you're dense all the time.

Was the suit any good in Endgame? I haven't seen it yet.

It's pretty much the same suit he wears in Infinity War.

>yet.
Why would you even watch it you fucking loser HAHAHA

It's one of my favorite designs. It's emulating Iron Man's classic armor from the sixties and seventies, and the nanomachines allow it to be skintight like the retro comic suit.

Attached: 35b957a5eae33999b557e14fc47d4a2f.jpg (456x1000, 42K)

Best suit reporting in

Attached: BC51C662-5D39-44C0-8C1D-FF9740714666.jpg (1920x1080, 138K)

Too bad it doesn't look like iron

Its not made of iron you retard.

sounds fucking rad

Hulk dabs, Hawkeye dies, Iron Man dies, Captain America dies. Thor is fat and plays fortnite

Attached: nano.jpg (600x502, 30K)

bro that's the mk 50 with a different color scheme

Attached: iron_man_mark_85_promo_art__free_to_use__by_rickfm_dd7bowa-pre.png (637x1255, 775K)

Doesn't explain why the got rid of his metal ac/dc theme after iron man 2, probably the same reason he got that12 year old hair cut

Oh shit. I'm blind as fuck.

It's a bit better than in Infinity War, because when it materialises not straight onto his skin, but slightly "above" it, so when it's fully done, it kind of clasps into place. Also at first the faceplate is up and then it lowers, same way as in the older movies.