What in the actual fuck DC!

Fuck you DC! Seriously, Fuck you!

Attached: Screenshot_20190731-204444.jpg (1069x1116, 497K)

Black women are the villain?

>Ava DuVernay
Enjoy your 10 minutes of movie and 110 minutes of political commentary

Attached: d541a64180e618b5c6ab77b9902236791514c187f0dcddad18cdc03629190bbf.jpg (2304x1728, 601K)

>DC still trying
When will they learn? Their only successful film was Wonder woman and that was pretty mediocre

It's Diversity goy, don't question it

since op is a huge faggot, it's darkseid and the furies

HAHAHAHA!

This one hurts

That's depressing

Aquaman was pretty fucking great

America was a mistake.

DC is fucking pathetic

literally who?

Aquaman made more money than Captain Marvel and was better in every possible way

She is playing a male alien? What the fuck?

Man of Steel was epic though

>Enjoy your 120 minutes of political commentary
FTFY. DuVernay is one of the most insufferably didactic directors currently working.

>Their only successful film
financially maybe, but BvS still gets talked about today and it's gonna stay that way for years to come.
Meanwhile nobody cares about endgame anymore.

>marvelfags will now shit on politics in movies because MUH DC
lol

WE WUZ GODS N SHEIT

I love the New Gods so fucking much but why the fuck are they making a movie about them now and why does it have to be her? She's made nothing before that indicates she's a good fit for these characters and stories.
And fucking Tom King is writing it. This is gonna be such a mess.
pic unrelated

Attached: 1559151922554.png (500x646, 517K)

HOL UP

Imagine paying for media in 2019.

Just imagine!

>dude if I keep spamming BVS threads then people will keep talking about it lol

Thanos is the DC villain?
They’re not even trying anymore

>implying they'll get jack kirby's masterpiece right

Is Yea Forums really the only website you browse?

not him but WHERE is BvS being talked about?

Attached: hahasadnow.jpg (1085x1217, 186K)

Youtube, the media, comic con, hell just watch the new godzilla movie.

>Marvelfags literally pretend Aquaman doesn't exist
full on cope

Attached: Fight on the sub is kino.webm (850x480, 2.94M)

Give me some videos not made by spics or Pajeets.

Attached: 4ar6smrjt3f21.jpg (1124x1376, 172K)

>everyone is a marvelfag

>Is Yea Forums really the only website you browse?
NTA but yes

>conversation interrupted by explosion
>giant crab army

Yeah great movie

you think she can get Oprah again for Granny?

Attached: wit.jpg (474x702, 58K)

I keep forgetting they hired the chick behind A Flop In Time to make a movie
DC deserves to die

>dramatic moment interrupted by quip
>LARP fight on a gray background
lol

>these are the people who try belittling uncut dicks

Attached: kkgs.gif (245x200, 497K)

>people think this means a black woman is playing Darkseid
>not realising that the black woman pictured is Ava DuVernay, the director
jesus people

I expect massive swaps of the whole cast.

>he didn't see shazam

Isn't this the same bitch who directed wrinkle in Time? Get fucked, DC fags.

Tom King? FUUUUUUUUUCK

Nigga don't assume that me being negative about your contrarian praise for Aquaman means I must love the MCU. Marvel movies stopped being entertaining after Captain America 1.

A 6/10.

WB bent the knee

The 3rd act is the only issue with the movie. Plus it’s 6 zillion times more competent than Captain Suevel

Attached: 508D2A29-E61C-4055-9FCD-6EF61CDC15D2.jpg (747x298, 52K)

kek

Thanos? Never heard of him
Trans Darksneed the sissy not toxic yeah that's a big deal

>Hey, you know how our DC products are utterly failing, actors are jumping ship, and we don't have any idea of what to do with it?
>Yeah?
>Let's give the high concept Jack Kirby film to the woman who directed one of the biggest critical and financial flops of the last few years!
>Brilliant!

>The bad guy is in black face

NOPE.

They will change that.

Attached: I am many things Kal-El but here I am GOD.png (350x263, 105K)

>Hey dude gonna Watch that new Thanos movie?
>Dude that's not even the real Thanos that's from DC
>wtf hahahaha they are really copying marvel this hard?

Attached: 1544481476704.jpg (1920x1080, 281K)

>contrarian praise
eat the blu-ray

Seething shitskin.

>Believing Hollywood Reporter
>Going on twitter
>Post shit on Yea Forums

Are you mouth breathers really that fucking retarded to fall for fake news? Seriously ypu virgins need to get pussy and need to stop living off your parents AT&T internet.

Attached: d69.gif (500x375, 373K)

In terms of actual film making Aquaman is on a much higher level than MCU because James Wan is an actual director and not a tv guy

>Chris McQuarrrie on Superman or green lantern
Pass
>aronfosky on batman?
Nah
>refn on Batgirl
Forget it
>George Miller on justice league
Never mind
>Ava nobody on new gods?
YES!!!!

Attached: 1549221943189.png (1230x1080, 1.09M)

I made that post. I also spam WAS BVS KINO threads

why would they make furries villains?
we just like having some fun.

Attached: CollegeHumorFurryForceHeroes.jpg (768x427, 258K)

Why are they making a new gods film
That seems like something that needs to be built up to

I made that aquaman peep

There's a powerful lesbian circle that is operating at Hollywood . i don't know how they got there but I suspect it's linked to Weinstein. They have some serious blackmailing material and managed to get jobs at top positions in Hollywood without having any talent or experience. And naturally their priority is injecting blockbusters with their homsexual and feminist agenda

Attached: img.jpg (2000x1041, 237K)

Who are the villains?

>Thicsied poster is finally vindicated

>When will they learn? Their only successful film was Wonder woman and that was pretty mediocre

Aquaman worldwide box office = $1,147,761,807

Captain Marvel = $1,126,318,317

Even with the unrelenting shilling, system rigging, ticket purchasing and riding on the heels of the most anticipated movie of this generation (Endgame) that they shoved her into to create false hype while piggybacking her off a decades worth or work and effort, Disney's new flagship character was STILL beaten by a joke character whose solo film was coming off a box office disaster (Justice League) while it promoted pro-Feminism/SJW values (interracial relationships, strong female characters and an environmental friendly message) better than Captain Fungi whose message only appealed to North American white women who are the most coddled and entitled spoiled fucking bitches on the planet and hate their fathers which is the real reason why they cry "DOWN WITH PATRIARCHY!!!" because Daddy didn't buy them a pony.

Not to mention that Aquaman's cast were more likeable and attractive while the movie itself was better Written, Directed and just more entertaining that that boring uninspired piece of shit.

Aquaman is the underdog who had everything going against him but triumphed in the face of adversity while Captain Marvel lost despite being backed by the biggest entertainment corporation in the world!!!FACT!!!

Attached: AQUACHAD VS. CAPTIN FUNGI.jpg (1452x1098, 380K)

so long for the last remnants of dc kino
at least we'll always have aquachad

>In response to fans’ questions, DuVernay confirmed that both Darkseid and the Female Furies will appear in the movie. The former is no surprise, as Darkseid is the main antagonist of the Jack Kirby-created comic book mythology DuVernay and co-writer Tom King will be drawing from. The latter, DuVernay suggested, is the result of her fandom of the character Big Barda, the leader of the all-woman fighting force. “I’m looking forward to [the Furies] so much,” she said.
>While DuVernay wouldn’t be drawn on any potential casting choices — “Keeping my mind open,” she explained — she has previously teased that “there is a 99.9% chance” that an actor from her Netflix series When They See Us will appear in the movie, as she has a tradition of bringing actors from her previous project to each new movie.

DuVernay also revealed that King’s involvement with the project came as the result of her being “a big fan of his,” in response to a question about King’s award-winning Mister Miracle comic book miniseries. (That character is part of the larger New Gods mythology, and the series offers a glimpse at a potential conclusion to the long-running war that forms the spine of the property.)

Earlier in the week, DuVernay tweeted a photo of herself and King, writing, “For any of you who don’t already know… [King] is a genius.” The two are collaborating on the screenplay for the project, which is “in progress,” DuVernay confirmed.

WE WUZ GODS AND SHIET

thank you very much user

I read that as "Ava DuVernay confirmed for villain of New Gods movie" I need to get some sleep

>whose message only appealed to North American white women

then why the fuck 62% of its audience was male? stop blaming women for this shit. it's white men who support it and you know it. white soiboi go to see this shit thinking they'll get laid and then end up getting laid with other soiboi cause women went to see aquachad.

I don't know, she looks exactly like that guy. Perfect cast.

I just laugh harder, the more they make mistakes like this. It's bringing the end of the capeshit era closer to the end, which is fine with me.

you're welcome. I wished OPs post quotes and links instead of clickbait oh no no no a ha ha ha memes. alas.

>people think this means a black woman is playing Darkseid
no one thinks that you retard

niggers with glasses is always funny
like imagine a monkey with glasses haha lil monkey fella thinks he can read lmao

she was hired before the movie was finished, still a terrible choice, at least they poached james gunn to make up for it.

>actual film making

God Bless Based Wan
Fuck Syndercuck

>A black person as the villain
Has this ever been done before? I can't believe anyone would be this racist.

Attached: k7gite4mggp21.png (784x389, 113K)

If you don't know who is Victoria Alonso, you can't understand what is happening. This defies business logic. She has an LGBT, trans and male hating agenda. She doesn't seem to be accountable for anything, despite the disaster that brie larson is they are tripling down by making Phase 4 full WOKE with women and gays left and right. She doesn't care, she's getting paid to infect millions of kids with her agenda.

Attached: 1564522362199.jpg (888x484, 106K)

It'll turn out she's not the villain and white men were the villain all along

if you're wondering how this movie will play out, read the female furies series that just ended, here's a taste

Attached: RCO018_1562156069.jpg (1041x1600, 582K)

man this was a bad movie

>a lump of wet dogshit with a dash of sugar tastes better than a lump of wet dogshit without it

On the pajeet discord that spams these threads that got outed a few weeks ago.

How the fuck do they pick directors? Have you seen the movies she directed? An unrelenting tsunami of shit. Jesus Christ.

Attached: 1563392743028.jpg (626x625, 112K)

>implying WB isn't Sony tier incompetent
If disney owns over 50% of the market, then shouldn't the few existing studios try to at least make something that's not absolute garbage?
A new gods movie could work and be pretty great, but I've got no faith in the people making decisions.

>implying they can't fire her

OH NO NO NO!

>one of the biggest race-baiting disingenuous SJW diversity-queens on earth

Absolute hard pass. Won't even watch the torrent. Won't even watch the trailer.

It's racist to tell black directors they can't direct.

It's also racist to tell black actors they can't act. How you think Tessa Thompson still gets so ,such work?

HOLY !!!
FUCKING !!!
WORKED !!!

Blahahhaaaa!!! Why are DCfags so insecure? So fragile? The biggest pussy fandom in capeshit. Bigger fags than Alitacucks. Hahhaa!! Oh shit. You guys literally are crying cause someone said DC films suck. Absolute JUST.

Nice job my friend, you worked them easily. I too will bait them in similar threads cause I love seeing these sad little bitches freak out.

Also, don't fuckimg reply to me DCfags. You know I'm right, you got played like a fiddle. Now keep your crying ass traps shut!

Attached: tenor.gif (250x294, 575K)

No because Aquaman and Suicide Squad were also big hits.

i hate marvelchads

What's the actual problem here. Darkseids the villian ?

So the villians of the New God's movie are the villians of the New God comics. Truly this is the worst thing to ever happen

>still gets work after blowing 100 million on A Wrinkle in Time
>whines all day long about racism and sexism

Get Christopher Judge to play Darkseid, he already has the crazy blocky head and is used to forehead prosthetics

Attached: file.png (210x240, 95K)

The director is a hardline race-baiting blackwashing SJW.

curse you marvel!!!!

Man don't look to closely at the Eternals then because they're literally doing everything you're crying about

This. I'm not fan of Marvel, but DC fans are pretty insecure.

Faggot

>firing a black, "progressive" director in this day and age
Snyder was a white, straight, and christian male, it was easier to get away with it

that is the most uppity looking cunt i have ever seen

This. I watched it again last week.

A lot of the imagery in her "A Wrinkle in Time" could have come straight from Jack Kirby's art. Personally, I think it would be hilarious if that movie was intentionally shit just so she could make a demo reel for a New Gods movie.

The MCU only came close to this once, and it was TWS. I love this fucking movie. I love that it actually feels *and* looks like a comic. Using cavitation to give them actual speed lines in their first duel was a stroke of pure genius

that's the power of pinesol baby

Attached: avanocgi.jpg (474x355, 21K)

That would actually be amazing. She could channel her Sophia character from "The Color Purple."

>And fucking Tom King is writing it.
>Tom "I am Batman I am suicide" King

Attached: Tom King's Batman 12 1563936561174.jpg (3975x3056, 2.56M)

Are you saying she was always trying to work for Warners and tanked a Disney movie just so she could get a DC Universe film? What is the weather on your planet like?

They *have* been building to it - subtly. It started with Man of Steel where they hinted a living Kryptonian was on Earth thousands of years before Superman. It was expanded on in BvS where they talk about the Metahuman Thesis and hint that Luthor actually understands how the meta condition functions, and tease the existence of Darkseid and the New Gods. They tease it a bit more in Suicide Squad when Task Force X is specifically looking for criminals who are either overtly metahuman or have interacted with one in a particular way. They give us the Enchantress and the Incubus, "extradimensional" entities interested in mankind's worship and a Cholo who's clearly the avatar of an Aztec god. They expand on the past in Wonder Woman, where they reveal that the Greek pantheon was, in fact, real. And lastly, they revealed in Justice League not only Darkseid's whipping boy Steppenwolf but also that we've been to war with the New Gods in pre-history.Aquaman reveals the existence of hidden kingdoms and lands that are essentially pulp adventure lurking below the surface of the comics world, and Shazam expands a bit more on the nature of magic, godhood, and the manner in which one can become heir to a god's myth/legend and reveals the existence of the Far Lands.

Not every bit of "world-building" has to appear in the form of an insultingly artless and transparent marketing ploy of an after-credits scene.

I'm saying it would be hilarious if that were the case, not that it *is* the case. Regardless of the weather on "my planet," one thing's clear: the reading comprehension is infinitely superior.

I thought they scrapped the shared universe and lost henry cavill's superman and ben affleck's batman, so assumed they wouldn't have those foundation to build upon going forward
Is shazam in the same universe as man of steel and justice league?

Clearly in either the same universe or one right next door. The kids in the film mention not only Superman and other metas, but the biggest fanboy, Freddie, mentions research suggesting how metas function - belief.

>She's made nothing before that indicates she's a good fit for these characters and stories.
>And fucking Tom King is writing it. This is gonna be such a mess.
She's black

>This is gonna be such a mess.
You haven't thought of the worst part. What if it's a massive success or condescending diatribe film that they will make a sequel

aquaman was 10x better

>haha I got BTFO so I'll samefag about my clever ruse: the post.

He's got the voice for it too.

>DC BTFO (yet again)

In collegiate sports, we call that "little brother syndrome". DC had a chance to be bigger than Marvel, hell, they were I'm the movie game first, but they lost the race even with a head start. DC fans will always feel "less than".

(and btwn you and me, I've been to enough comic cons to know Marvel fans are WAY more attractive than DC fans)

Mass appeal is the antithesis of what a comics film should aim for. Disney mellon-balled all the characters - *all* of them - in a transparent grab for the general audience. The MCU doesn't have comics characters, it has hollow mannequins.

>inb4 joker wins best picture and joakino becomes the second actor to get an oscar for portraying the character

OH NO NO NO!!

we got a couple more!
hahhaaaa!!!

>being such a defensive shill fanboy that you have to pretend everybody who disagrees with you likes marvel

Attached: A5AE8234-6170-460A-AC30-FD5BE7CA5EFE.jpg (1280x1143, 80K)

No rebuttal? Gotcha. You know it's true.

Aquaman has everything in it
Basically if you watch Aquaman you don't need to eat any other superhero movie, except Shazam which is the dessert

I remember posting on forums in college an idea for a DC film franchise / cinematic universe. I think this was before even Iron Man. Might have even been before Yea Forums and Yea Forums, so if I did post it here it would have been on Yea Forums.

First you would start with a Superman film. Not an origin, but early on in Metropolis. You world build with Luthor and a smaller villain like Metallo. You introduce Intergang. Clark thinks Luthor is tried to them. The ending reveal is Braniac coming down.

Next film is Superman vs Braniac. Braniac is trying to capture Metropolis. Superman has to team up with Luthor to stop the common threat. Braniac reveals Intergang is tied to a much larger threat. He reveals he was only trying to abduct Metropolis in order to preserve it. Darkseid was coming. The Earth is doomed.

Next film is Justice League uniting against Darkseid's invading forces.

In hindsight, this would be a great place for a New Gods films to set up the backstory for Darkseid and these forces.

Instead we got Man Of Steel with Zod again. Then Batman V Superman with fucking Doomsday killing Superman and minor confusing hints of Darkseid. Then Justice League with Steppenwolf then dropping the whole Darkseid invasion. Now we get a New Gods film.

What a mess.

Attached: darkseidl facepalm.jpg (400x267, 40K)

forgot pic

Attached: Aquaman as food analogy.jpg (720x540, 89K)

Sorry. Being on here so long that I'm number to hyperbole and sarcastic joking.

No they’re not. Fuckin loser lmao

Does this scene even happen in Cowboy Bebop? I only remember them laughing like that in the last episode

i have the answer but I will never answer the question. heh

Nice rebuttal! Gotcha again!

It also doesn't need to be a muddled mess. Even the mythical cut wouldn't have been a proper build up for Darkseid. Man of Steel was a mess. They started with an alien invasion movie. They should have saved that for Darkseid. Vague talk about demons from the heavens because Snyder jerks off to Bible imagery to seem deep? Fucking idiotic.

Attached: zack snyder robocop 1564611027746.jpg (1193x1500, 453K)

Thanks for the you pig. Feed daddy another you

That's actually true. It's got pulp adventure, sci-fi, magic/fantasy, and horror all in the same movie.

I personally believe that the scoutship's AI would make for a great Brainiac, a sexy female one.

Context is lost on brainlets like you. Did you happen to notice that the only time Lex trots out the god/devil talk is when he's talking to Finch and Clark? What do they have in common? They're both god-fearing folk from the heartland. It's pure manipulation. He's not hinting at anything until the very end, and again, it's to work Bruce. Bruce did exactly what he wanted him to - used his own notes to resurrect Superman. Only he used New God tech to do it. Superman didn't come back alone.

Are you having an aneurysm?
And stop samefagging, it's just sad.

Good news for alternative creators

I welcome any attempt of them burn down their IPs into oblivion

Yes. People who don't like Zack Snyder movies are the ones who are brainlets.

Attached: zack snyder ben affleck 1460487920148.jpg (548x398, 22K)

Honestly IDGAF what race the actor who plays Darkseid is, as long as he's a huge asshole dictator with an interesting personality I don't mind

I don't think anyone cares what race the actor who plays Darkseid is, since he will either be CGI or covered in gray makeup anyway.
The problem is that Ava DuVernay sucks.

DKEKS BTFO AGAIN

Attached: Screenshot_20190731-205412_Chrome.jpg (1078x713, 207K)

Honestly after walking out of the theater having seen infinity war, my first thought was "how is DC going to fail to ape this?" I guarantee that Darkseid will have a tragic backstory to explain why he enslaves planets

>Darkseid is just like Thanos, except good

if he doesn't have a tragic backstory, plebs will say he's a bad character, so...

...Why did you post my picture of Star Citizen on Yea Forums?

user, that's my friend and I going to SPK to wipe our crime records from 3.4, tf you doing with that picture

Attached: ScreenShot0026.jpg (1920x1080, 364K)

Nobody has even said who will play Darkseid. This thread has no new information apart from confirmation Darkseid is the villain. But since this is a New Gods movie I think that would have been obvious. I have to believe that OP is massive brainlet who saw that picture he posted and assumed a black woman was playing Darkseid.

Actually, she didn't even say Darkseid will be the villain. She IMPLIED he will merely be in it.

I've foreseen this problem from the moment MCU introduced Thanos.
DC should've gone with Braniac or something like that for its first big villain.

You're the ones that always need shit explained to you, so yes, that makes you the brainlets in these conversations.

>I am Batman I am suicide

Attached: 1548016442715.png (500x913, 470K)

No they should have used Darkseid in Justice League and his first scene should have been him getting up from his throne

Huh. It's actually a decent article that reveals the comic history to movie audiences:
>Moviegoers don’t know that Thanos was created by the very talented Jim Starlin for Marvel Comics and introduced three years AFTER his DC doppelgänger. That footnote has historical heft in the comics world but it won’t help the filmmakers of The New Gods who are faced with a grim choice: giving Darkseid a risky make-over that could alienate core DC and Kirby fans, or staying faithful to Kirby’s original vision and risking the jeers of moviegoer who will call it a cosmic rehash.

Attached: MTVG-Darkseid.jpg (1325x1591, 616K)

Yeah, just look at Sauron's tragic back story. You can do evil right. Disney turned Thanos into a fucking moron and a bit of a joke. He's not even as good as his comics incarnation, and even there he's a pale imitation of Darkseid.

>if he doesn't have a tragic backstory, plebs will say he's a bad character, so...
What the fuck is wrong with just having an evil villain from outer space who wants to dominate all life to his will? Fucking plebs.

Attached: darkseidis1366113576044.png (531x709, 132K)

I'm not saying that you need a tragic backstory to be a good villain, I'm saying that the warner bros executives are single-minded in their desire to copy marvel. That's why DC is fundamentally more pathetic, they're the beta of the two companies

If they make his skin orange, the press will applaud it a BRAVE and R&M-level intelligent.

and don't forget how Bruce cut himself as a kid and held a razor blade to his wrists praying to God to end his pain.

THIS is an Eisner winning comic author.
Comics are fucking dead.

Attached: Tom King's Batman 12 1563950110002.jpg (3975x3056, 3.48M)

Just make Darkseid as accurate as possible and don't focus on him for the marketing. People will accuse him of being a ripoff but they have the benefit of Thanos being dead and being able to use Darkseid for years.

Lesbians did this to my town's police department

>pick one lesbo in the group attractive enough for men to flirt with
>flirt with men openly
>get sexually harassed by the most powerful, lecherous retard mouth breathing male you can find who is retiring shortly anyway
>blackmail your way into positions of power using threats of sexual harassment and discrimination allegations
>promote other dykes
>Repeat until you have a lesbian mafia

If they make him appear to be made of grey stone complete with the cracks and the angular appearance, he won't look like Grimace to begin with. He will look like what Kirby was going for in the first place - an ancient stone idol come to life.

Plebs already complain about Sivana because he's pure evil, and he does have a tragic backstory
Film criticism is now "everything has to be this way or else it's bad"

well he didn't cut himself, it says he wanted to, that's pretty possible for young bruce tbqfh

The only DCEU movie that was a "copy of Marvel" was Justice League, and it was directed by the same, quip-minded, visionless hack.

I remember reading people saying it didn't make sense that Sivana was still upset years later about being unworthy. Fuck that, if I had ultimate power snatched away from me I would be pissed off for the rest of my life.

I'm a DC fanboy but they're fucking it up again.
Blowing their load in one fucking movie rather than having a proper buildup seems to be their MO now. Just do a fucking Justice League: Dark movie you fucking morons. Get Keanu as Constantine and you're basically printing money, fuck.

Idiots think that you have to have some form of trauma or PTSD from the past in order to behave like a fucking asshole.

Plebs don't get that a sublimated deathwish is a huge part of Bruce's character and has been all the way back to TDKR.

>le buildup
Marvel is also doing Eternals without any of those characters being introduced before. Only a celestial was quickly mentioned before.
>Justice League Dark
cringe shit for morons, has never been good even in the source material

Oh fuck off.
With the recent trend in Hollywood to hire relatively unknown horror directors, it makes perfect sense.

I disagree with you. The New Gods don't have to be the big end all threat of the universe but can be a living part of it. I don't want Superman to stop Darkseid, I want Orion to do it.

Couple that with spending your entire childhood with that prolapsed asshole of a father figure. Shazam! did a good job of showing that sometimes *no* father figure is better than a bad one.

Me too.

the characters from Justice League Dark work great on their own, or pairing up sporadically
the "team" is terrible, specially with Constantine fucking leading it

I think the sad fact is that DC will never succeed as much as it could unless they give people some time to forget

Partially by their own fault, but also because normies are extremely biased beyond reason right now
If they actually like a DC movie they might even say it's a Marvel movie

Constantine can "lead" a team best by misleading them.

I don't know about that. Wonder Woman and Aquaman succeeded in a way I never thought those characters could even with everything against them. If they get Batman right in the next film they will be back

>Wonder Woman and Aquaman succeeded in a way I never thought those characters could even with everything against them
Then a while later normies shit on them and say they're still worse than the worst Marvel movie, or "they're good for a DC movie" at best

the superhero-ification of John Constantine continues to be a travesty and proves Grant Morrison was incredibly prescient with this Doom Patrol issue. i'm 100% on board for a movie adapting the mystic/horror side of the DCU in some form, but not JLD.

Attached: doompat53hb.jpg (600x585, 104K)

Fuck normies. They're why I fucking hate Disney and the MCU. Everything the Star Wars fans say about what Disney's done to Star Wars they already did to the MCU. The only difference is that only comics fans recognize it.

They wanted their own Dr. Strange and figured Constantine was already more popular than Dr. Fate

>Tales to Enrage
That pic is fucking brilliant.

If by normies you mean this shithole and Reddit. Most people don't even talk about superhero films a few weeks after they release

My coworker came up to me a while ago saying how much she loves Marvel movies, specially Wonder Woman

A JLD series would suck but I'd love some R rated movies from the magic side of DC. It's something Marvel can't do and are they're really weak in. Man Thing sucks shit compared to Swamp Thing

>I was only pretending to be retarded
typical MCUck

i'm gonna say it!

Where's the movie about THAT ?

>Justice League: Dark movie you fucking morons. >Keanu as Constantine
No. Clearly you're the fucking moron. American Constantine was typical Hollywood bullshit. Even the damn CW TV show with the British actor was better than that trash. And, yeah, Justice League Dark and trying to shove Constantine back into the DCU has been mostly moronic too.

Attached: constantine 1446421226086.jpg (600x450, 36K)

>A large all-powerful purple alien is the end boss.
Why do people argue about DC vs. Marvel? It's all the same shit.

>American Constantine was typical Hollywood bullshit. Even the damn CW TV show with the British actor was better than that trash.
brainlet purist comicfag
the TV show had exactly one episode that was good, the rest was worse than CW

Man. I still don't know what to make of that crazy issue Morrison did taking the Vertigo side of DC and making them all Kirby-fied and silver age. What a fun little one off. Sadly DC actually thought it was a good idea to put Constantine with the mainline DC Universe years later.

I have no idea how good or bad the cancellation of Vertigo (which has been dead for a while anyway) and restructuring of DC will work. In theory they should be able to keep Constantine and Swamp thing as separate as they were under Vertigo, but I don't see anyone but clueless morons running the show at DC these days.

Fuuuuck. I can see idiots at Warners doing that. Doctor Fate at least predates Doctor Strange. Plus Constantine fits more as a street level guy in his own neighborhoods, not working with the damn Justice League.

Attached: dr_fate___wondercon_2013_by_icknaybob-d6du5y5.jpg (375x564, 114K)

>capeshit is growing stronger

Attached: 1534659218028.gif (250x188, 1.85M)

Excuse me for being literate and not just slurping up whatever watered down garbage Hollywood cranks out. Even that shitty CW show did a better Constantine than the movie did. Keanu is great, but was horribly miscast. At least he didn't try a British accent this time. That whole movie was cliche Holllywood tripe.

Attached: constantine.jpg (507x349, 32K)

Yeah the Nolan batman movies don't exist you're right

>don't even have a working universe
>jump to fucking darkseid.
Marvel a retard.

The movie gets the atmosphere and tone of the comics much better than the show did

All you need to know is that the person who made A Wrinkle In Time (2018) is making DCU's "New Gods."

Let that sink in.

Goddam right.

I unironically love Kirby Constantine and wish his universe got its own ongoing.

Attached: RCO035_1473065054.jpg (1041x1600, 367K)

These people are hideous.

Helps when you have a movie budget.

>that Fate
Ha!

Attached: Fate 1 90s 35725-5243-39892-1-fate.jpg (400x619, 42K)

Is she the new monster?

Constantine can work at any and all levels, but only street-level as a focus character. A smart person would make the mystic types like Fate, the Stranger, and Constantine the deepest end of the pool, where they and other mystics would simultaneously *look* street-level until you step back and realize that the shit they’re pulling would work on even Superman. You have them operate under their own iteration of the “Masquerade” rules, where they *have* to work from behind the scenes, because if mainstream humanity becomes completely aware that it’s actually magic and belief empowering the “science”-based metas, their collective belief will re-open gateways it took a lot of sacrifice to ever close.

>point out there are maybe 2 consistently good female directors
>lib friends always cite her as being amazing

Selma was the only semi-decent thing she has done. Everything else was either terrible from the ground up (A Wrinkle In Time) or literal WE WUZ propaganda.

Every single fucking movie by a black director has to shoehorn race into everything. Steve McQueen is the only director that hasn't made nigger propaganda with every film. Coincidentally, he makes the best films.

Most expensive CGI that 1998 ever came up with.