What makes the Harry Potter world so "comfy"?

What makes the Harry Potter world so "comfy"?

Attached: 67763554_473884473434947_5943232118169077209_n.jpg (720x897, 166K)

your autism

estrogen

All the wizard orgies at Hogwarts

It's the real world but divorced from all your problems

it reminds you of england before it became a shit hole

because you're a fucking manchild without a sense of measured judgement and critique so you come up with an arbitrary meme to cover up for your plebness

Without immigrants how would you get your kebab?

There's a vague Christmas feel to the movie without the cheesiness of being a Christmas movie.

Women appreciate Harry Potter for two distinct reasons:

1. Its aesthetics are reminiscient of peak white culture (therefore peak world culture), in that it is a boarding school setting therefore the kids must either have wealthy parents, or, in this case, some unique disposition (magical abilities) which sets them apart from "le other [girls / proles / muggles). The setting itself is absolutely peak white culture, in a cold rural setting within an ancient castle, whose professor speak in RP accents etc. Consider that both Emma Watson an (((Daniel Radcliffe))) were both privately educated at similar IRL schools, and therefore fit their respective roles perfectly (with state-schooled Rupert fitting his role as the Oliver-esque poorfag). It's life on easymode essentially, with no worries about money throughout ones childhood or adolescent, and a guaranteed job at the end. Balls, gowns, ancient portraits, all make for the upper class environment girls love because it affords them a sense of superiority and distinction from their peers (plus a choice of equally upper class guys).

2. The fighting in Harry Potter is not done by hands or traditional weaponry, something very unique in fiction. Even Star Wars has lightsabers and laser guns, both advanced versions of swords and rifles (masculine). Instead Hermione can use her nerdiness to battle her enemies (using her academic knowledge and bookishness) and even if she is forced into combat, it isn't as if she has to adopt the nu-feminist idea that "gurls are just as strong as boys hehe!" as seen in many modern movies where some "badass" dyke karate kills ten guys twice her size. Instead she can muster all her repressed energy (which is abundant in nerdy girls) and use it to create a force which shoots from her wand (which satisfies her penis envy) to overwhelm the inner force of her enemies.

It's the ideal female-friendly story.

I think that might actually be it..

Attached: 1446490978478.jpg (1600x1279, 657K)

I wouldn't call the Harry Potter world comfy. I might have even up until the third book, but after that it got too 'real' to be comfy.
There are a billion other British stories and franchises more comfy than Harry Potter.

Please post them

Attached: TMG.jpg (965x1500, 266K)

"Comfy". That is the word OP was going to use to describe the Harry Potter franchise, but as OP's keyboard betrayed them countless moviegoers were betrayed by the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Attached: 1485638790859.jpg (1565x2823, 558K)

it's the old european setting for me (mysticism, low tech, old castles and shit) which is always top tier comfy. In Bruges and Grand Budapest Hotel are also great for this feel.

I also like the clothing styles, They seem more "classic" as opposed to things with large obnoxious prints, and trainers

Attached: 1561144105877.jpg (755x1394, 135K)

this has still yet to be refuted

>she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books
I know I'm responding to pasta but I have to say this is completely understandable.
Imagine having your life's work deemed obsolete because someone one uped it in a different medium? I know it's petty but I can't blame any writers that do this.

Attached: 1504036041309.gif (499x300, 427K)

Anything by Janet and Allan Ahlberg.
Meteorite Spoon/Kasper in the Glitter by Philip Ridley. Philip Pullman. Wind in the Willows. Those Usborne puzzle book series.

Because voldermart is Trumpf!!!

I feel like all HP threads are made by either women or people who feel like women

Whats wrong with Tolkien?

I think it's just people born from mid to late 90s onwards that didn't read very many books as kids and so only experienced this literary phenomenon and took it as the epitome of the medium, when the 60s to the 90s were a veritable trove of children's fiction from which Harry Potter would barely stand out from were it released a decade earlier.

It's only comfy in Britain. It's gross anywhere else.

Usborne is max comfy

no non-whites

nothing, it's boring

Attached: niggomancer.jpg (1024x556, 48K)

Cause it's the shit most people love about England without all the vile shit that comes with the country

Magic is for everyone user :)

A very peculiar combination of the morbid and the comforting. It's a world full of dangerous creatures and mysterious powers and sorta gothic imagery... but right at the center there's a place where kids go to school and there's always a fire in the chimney and always food on the tables.

its popular and contrarians built their character around hating popular things

Attached: image.jpg (1073x1600, 525K)

Is there such a thing as a comfy non-european setting?

Literally every anime

some westerns/frontier and small town america either modern like the crazies, take shelter, signs, stand by me

asian neon lit late night noodle shops

because we all wish to be Harry

Very few niggers.