Serious question

Serious question.

What makes raimi's version the best version? Why does it have more SOUL than the others?

Attached: 26xon5rlmrx11.png (805x538, 856K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UjFSbQfcouA
youtube.com/watch?v=w7PqGUABOqk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no niggers

its gay capeshit like the rest of it

>no shared universe, plots could be simple and small-scale without needing world-ending stakes
>came out before major tech and social media revolutions changed culture, most of the core elements of the comics (him being an analog photographer, the newspaper, lack of connectivity) were still believable
>Toby was believable as a dork
>slight amount of camp without being quippy
>female leads were still allowed to be sex objects and no one complained, the actresses even liked it

It simply is more fun!

Organic web shooters

They are written to be movies in themselves, not to set up some onions shared universe. They are movies first and foremost and comic book adaptations as a secondary feature

They are actual real films that happen to be about superheroes, where the other films are done by committees.

I mean fuck for all the MCU films they just have all the fight scenes already mapped out before they have a script, and it's done by producers.

It's like somewhere in the mid-noughties Hollywood gave up on trying to make organically good movies and started doing everything according to formulas and focus groups without any thought for cohesion.

Best spider-man film unironically though.

Attached: verse.jpg (1280x720, 116K)

There's nothing wrong with a shared universe, as long as it's not used to substitute for quality (which the MCU does to some degree).

A regular newspaper still makes sense. You're right about Toby, he's the most believable Spider-Man by far. No Spider-Man movie has gotten the female leads right, but Rami's did come the closest, mostly because like you said, they kept things simple.

It shows consequences to Peters actions and sad moments.

There is not one sad moment in Marvel films today. Also the soundtrack. The story was ‘newish’ and it knew when to be serious and the stakes felt real. Characters you care about are in actual danger.

Because Raimi makes actual movies instead of episodes in a shared universe. Think about most of the MCU entries, 90% of them can’t stand on their own as even decent movies, their only redeeming factor is that they are connected to all the other films.

Simple, it's actually based on the comics & is free of SJW meddling...
How is this not obvious?

Honestly? I think it’s because it had so many more important characters than the hero, the villian and the love interest.

JJJ was important, he was Spidey’s job. JJJ’s son was important, he was the romantic counterpart. Harry was important, and he wasn’t even a villian for 2 movies. Uncle Ben & Aunt May were important, they provided stakes and moral lessons throughout. Ursula & Mr Ditkovich were important, they provided the urgency for him to make a living and form a life outside of Spiderman.

Noone here was gratuitous or just there for comedic relief. There was a gigantic cast of characters who all played vital roles in Spidey’s life. Take even one of them out of the equation and the whole thing falls to shambles. The other two just don’t have that. I wouldn’t care if Ned or Flash didn’t turn up in Holland 3. But we’d all riot if they tried to quietly shelve Jonah Jameson in the Raimi trilogy.

Attached: DB656F46-FA33-4205-8E1A-1892FC527105.jpg (700x300, 49K)

>soundtrack
This is important to making the film less forgettable I think
>Spider-Man PS4
>Into the Spider-Verse
>The Amazing Spider-Man 1/2
>Raimi Spider-Man
>Even the cartoons
They all had their own distinct and memorable theme for Spider-Man but I dont think the mcu has one which is a shame

MCU spider man is an unfunny annoying zoomer

Spiderman is supposed to annoy the guys he's fighting, not the viewer. He's so annoying to watch that he unironically makes you root for the villain.

The problem with MCU in general is that everyone is so casual and an "epic memer" to a point where they heavily undermine serious and dramatic moments and makes you feel like you're just watching a cartoon.

You literally can't find me one(1) scene that's cinematically equivalentt of the train scene in Spiderman 2

Attached: Brainlet_cc06fd_6615771.png (1200x1042, 247K)

Come on, you don't remember this?
youtube.com/watch?v=UjFSbQfcouA
They use the melody all the time.

The "Avengers Assemble" theme or whatever the main theme is, and the Iron Man themes are the only notable leitmotifs. They are not bad but the movies really could have done with some more.

Peter Parker is actually played by an American

>musical garbage
It’s trash mate, very forgettable trash

The “epic memer” stuff is why we have this unfunny Spider-Man that “quips” by shouting “ WOAH” and “OHMERGOD”

Because Tony Stark, Scott Lang, Thor, Hulk, Clint, Quill, Rocket, Groot, and Drax are all already quippers Spider-Man wouldnt be unique if he quipped too, so they double down on the youth element and turn him from manchild to actual child

My bad, for some reason that theme just didnt stick with me. Perhaps its the light hearted nature of it and I want to say the lack of “depth” (Im not a musical guy)

Isnt Garfield British? He doesnt sound nearly as bad as Holland who comes across as a 13 year old and sounds even younger

Because only Raimi's Peter passes for a lovable nerd (or remotely a nerd).
Garfield feels more like a drama student, and the latest one is like a brodude fortnite playing fake geek.
Peter Parker is supposed to be a cringey nerd.

Because Raimi was allowed to make the movie he wanted to make. Now everything is micromanaged be the studio so that everything fits into a uniform univerese. Also soiderverse is great.

It knows it's a comic book movie and the actors ham it up. Spider-Man 2 had an unironic freezeframe in the middle of the movie.

>well cast peter Parker
>well cast gobby
>well cast aunt may
>god tier JJ casting
>competent script
>competent director
>actually vaguely faithful to comics
Generally speaking if you have quality components you’ll have a quality product. Only let down is organic web shooters

Because for the most part it's the vision of one man rather than a commitee of suits that know nothing about the character or the audience

Only because of spiderman noir

>There's nothing wrong with a shared universe
not that guy, but I disagree. a shared universe means that after a certain amount of movies, you've got too many in-universe rules to follow to be able to write anything interesting or novel.

It was the first thing of its kind. Before that the only cape flicks were rated R retellings of comic properties. This was a huge blockbuster aimed at kids with a famous superhero. I'm not counting Reeve's superman in this.

The original was also a fucking movie. Not an 95 min long episode from an expensive tv show

>Why does it have more SOUL than the others?
because it has a vision of spider-man and not an imitation of spider-man that exists for the sole reason to produce money.

He is a Brit. For some reason he switches accents in the second film randomly throughout scenes.

Makes more sense that a guy who was bitten by a radioactive spider could shoot webs out of his wrists than it does for a highschool student to construct a device that can some how hold a large amount of compressed web while still being small enough to fit on his wrist.

>well cast gobby
>well cast aunt may
>god tier JJ casting

those were all god tier castings, the only debatable one was toby but even he was "good" at worst

I think it was the tone and character elements. Modern Marvel is rarely character driven, with the highlight of Homecoming being when he lifts up the debris (which was taken from the comics), but Raimi's Spider-Man had a great amusing tone to it.

>raimi
>it focuses on peter and the struggles of his life despite ,having super powers,his actions have real consequences
>amazing ost

>garfield
>amazing cgi and special effects
>weaker story, but its ok

>tom holland spiderman
>shit cgi, shit story, no struggle, just iron man son jr
>anything he does doesnt affect him or hwatever
>didnt make his own suit
>no webslinging scene on nyc
>forced diversity
>first movie was just a 2 hour ad for the mcu universe with 5000 mcu references every 5 mins

I thought toby macguire was perfect because he was believably optimistic. spider-man's bullshit "witty banter" is his weakest trait, the real inspiration came from his ability to bounce back from tragedy. he helped inner city assholes because that's where he came from, which is also why his boredom with heroism in disney's MCU is proof that modern faggots can't be superheroes and true heroism died with us 90s kids

Im not shitting on Toby, he is easily not only the best portrayal on screen but possibly the best version of spiderman in anything. Im not sure if its because of Toby's performance or something in the direction itself but there are some weird moments in the films where his portrayal gets off puttingly robotic and autistic for select moments

Raimi's Spidey is his own character, Andrew is too chad and the other one is Iron Man Jr.
And most importantly, soul.
youtube.com/watch?v=w7PqGUABOqk

It's not. There're all shit. You probably just watched the Raimi films as a kid. Everyone likes childish shit they liked as a kid when they grow up.
This is you beginning to enter old age where "everything was better in my day" and "they don't make em like they used to".

Attached: caution-pensioner-pinback-button-badge-old-age-oap-retired-funny-birthday-2-2275-p.jpg (500x498, 27K)