So why the fuck is Hollyweird making EVERY movie like 2 and a half hours long nowadays?

So why the fuck is Hollyweird making EVERY movie like 2 and a half hours long nowadays?

Attached: 67377432_2348233195246144_3185983177982214144_n.jpg (640x772, 90K)

>endgame style runtime
So avengers invented 3 hour long movies?

they want to increase American population attention span. To no avail. 56% and declining. Good bye.

Because they want to give people more bang for their buck

first movie was 2 and a half hours long, no one made a fuss
it's based on an 1100 page book, usually people are pissed when stuff gets cut for runtime and now you're pissed they're leaving it in?

Longer watchtime means more product placement for the money jew and whites spending more time being degenerate for the reptilian pedo vampire jew

56%, coincidentally the amount of fuel Apollo 11 had when it was halfway to the FUCKING. MOON.

How can yuropoorshits compete?

Untalented directors, editors, writers, actors.
Well pretty much everybody.

The book is long.

Moonlanding was fake.

Yes, afterall, it is the dark souls of movies.

Bad filmmakers. Simple as that.

Almost no films that are over 90 minutes justify their length and are full of useless filler. Why do these hacks think they're Tarkovsky or Lean?

>inb4 I have adhd

I can sit down and read for 2+ hours at a time easily. I don't have a problem with long art in general.

Attached: gr.gif (268x250, 966K)

The first It movie had no reason to be 2 hours long and I doubt it'll be any different this time.

>the moon landing was real
Lol

3 hours is really indulgent for a horror film. The original mini-series was that long but that was the whole story and on TV.

Jesus fuck why is everyone SEETHING at this? I like it when movies have room to breathe

EPIC TROLL

Based Marvel invented everything

Yes? Just like Marvel invented blacks and women as protagonists.

More value for your 29 dollar kino ticket (plus tip).

>Hollyweird

Attached: 709402B3-86FB-4F88-84AD-3B157E19742A.jpg (1024x681, 514K)

On TV user?
You mean the medium where you have 40-50 minute episodes, and waste at the least 20-30 minutes on each episode to do a reintroduction of the plot/setup in each episode?
Where terrible drama or filler is most of the screentime, and there might only be 5-10 minutes of content each episode?
Yikes

It's a marketing strategy where they try to sell a product by comparing it to another more popular product. And yes, that "article" is just an ad.

That would actually make sense to adapt the book properly.
HOWEVER, I can see by the trailer alone that they changed a lot of shit, even more than in the first part, so why even bother.

This. I once saw a movie that was barely over two hours and overheard some guy in the lobby complaining about how long it was.

>>Hollywierd
sounds like my 60-year-old republican aunt lol

>tv movies are like shows
zoomer

>tfw you have to pay attention to something for longer than 5 minutes

AAAAAAHHHHHH I CANT EVEN USE MY PHONE IN THE THEATER!!! HELP ME!!!!

Attached: 015.png (434x327, 55K)

needs time to explain the turtle and underage gangbang

to children and nu-men it might seem so

Nothing wrong with long movies but they really need intermissions again. When I marathon an old kino they always have a 5 minute break in the middle.
Endgame really needed one, most people would have realized how shitty the movie is while taking a piss.

That's preferable than splitting part 2 into part 2 and 3, which definitely crossed the mind of a greedy jew exec

To push out competitors, it's all about muscling out everyone but the big studios by just taking up space

>no intermission
>piss jugs not allowed
literally how do people enjoy theaters anymore

Can we bring intermissions back so I can pee, please

>retard burger can't keep up his attention for more than 2 hours
wake me up when every movie is Sátántangó-style running time

wow you're such an intellectual

The film didn't feel like 3 hours, Unremarkable though and not memorable

For most people it doesn’t have to do with attention spans. It’s the fact that you need to piss.

everybody is an intellectual compared to OP

>Only one black man in the cast. No mutt as love interest. The love interest is a redhead.
Ok. I'm sold

>"Pfftt, I was running over 3 hours before it was cool."

Attached: LotR.jpg (334x500, 53K)

so hold it in or piss before you go see the movie, and don't drink gallons of soda. I've literally never left a screening in my whole life unless it had an intermission. Unless you're incontinent this shouldn't be a problem.

Meh, the first half of the story is the good part. I don't have 3 hours to watch miserable adults be faggots.

how soon we forget... not even the first 3 hour superhero movie

Attached: watchmen_alita.png (1920x806, 2.02M)

Daily reminder the adult part of the book is the weaker half (I think they jump back and forth in the book) and this was also true for the much beloved miniseries

is this the kid's horror movie

why are there no kids

The double feature needs to make a comeback. Seeing grindhouse was great

Attached: grindhouse-double-feature-the-text-double-feature-appears-over-a-set-of-spinning-circles-with-a-lens (1920x1080, 1.75M)

Pacing has absolutely nothing to do with runtime, retard.

I really like the moon landing, it's probably my favorite work of Kubrick. Really masterful stuff.

Only the 'ultimate cut' was 3 hours, the original theatrical cut was little more than 2 hours.

Did the ultimate cut have a tachyon or is it just that much more talking?

How the fuck was the book that long?

cocaine

Because contrary to boomer memes today's generation actually has better attention spans and don't need intermissions like their grandparents did.

I saw a movie the other day and it was 57 hours long

old movies didn't have intermissions unless they were exceptionally long like Lawrence of Arabia, Funny Girl or Gone With the Wind. The vast majority of movies were between 90 and 120 minutes, just like it is today.

I’m not complaining that we’ll get a 2 and a half hour long movie with Finn Wolfhard in it
The first one was great

The standard increased from 1h30m to 2h. It’ll probably increase.

>starts with adults introduction
>each one has a childhood flashback
>then more flashbacks during flashbacks
>then adults meet up and tell stories
>between stories are events
>then they deal with events
>during which more flashbacks happen
>etc
The whole book really felt like a collection of short stories he attached with a horror story.