Why can’t Hollywood right good action women anymore when they did it right before?

Why can’t Hollywood right good action women anymore when they did it right before?

Attached: 224FB3CC-159A-49B4-B2B7-5C5DE6D9139C.jpg (640x480, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vi2zWjgvo6E
m.youtube.com/watch?v=JNy4A1dl9LY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The slits are in the writers room now

>Why can’t Hollywood right good action women anymore when they did it right before?
In the past, Hollywood understood that women have (on average) less upper-body strength than men, and wrote female protagonists in ways that acknowledged this (using guns to even the odds, etc.)

Modern Hollywood is obsessed with the incorrect idea that females are exactly as physically capable as males, so you end up with lots of dumb scenes where a 100lb woman is able to punch a 250lb man across the room.

There were poorly and well-written women in the past, and poorly and well-written women today.

Hollywood can't write good anything anymore

Strong female character now = constantly reminding the audience that the character is a strong female character without actually doing anything to win over the audience's respect

idk man but youre totally write about that

I still miss Glau terminator :( such good times.

Because they used the same formula for male badasses.
Step 1: introduce character
Step 2: show what makes them exceptional, or alternately show them becoming exceptional
Step 3: establish or imply limits to their abilities
Step 4: provide adversity that can believably pose a threat due to those limits
Every good action hero you can think of, male or female, follows this formula.
For truly mysterious reasons, most modern female heroes skip at least two of these steps

For the same reason we're being flooded with female protagonists. Identitarian ideology now trumps the writing, and so the writing is trash.

>used to
Used to have, fuck.

>Strong female character now = constantly reminding the audience that the character is a strong female character without actually doing anything to win over the audience's respect
This is a big problem too. Modern writers don't seem to understand that it's not enough to write lines for other characters where they all agree that the protag is amazing.

You actually have to write scenes that make the audience think the protag is amazing.

Summer is going to be a a new action show soon and in her we trust.

>mfw Summer is coming

Attached: 18574633288_7d8b2e9bfe_b.jpg (1024x1024, 179K)

this
also notice that the best female action women all have feminine traits, like nurturing compassion and love of children, as intrinsic parts of their character
Ripley
>mourning the loss of her daughter and family, she becomes the surrogate mother of a traumatized girl while fighting to survive against a vastly superior enemy force
The Bride
>she is seeking revenge for the deaths of her new family and friends and her unborn daughter
Sarah Connor
>an LA waitress turns herself into a hardened warrior and makes countless personal sacrifices in order to protect the life of her innocent son
>Her motivation is never to save the future, it's purely to save her son
Marge from Fargo
>a small town sherif tries to solve a string of crimes and murders while dealing with the physical effects of being 8 months pregnant
we like those characters because no matter how tough they are, at their core they're intrinsically FEMININE

The executives have changed and they want to sell to everyone, not just to incels.

>we like those characters because no matter how tough they are, at their core they're intrinsically FEMININE
>Strong female character now = constantly reminding the audience that the character is a strong female character without actually doing anything to win over the audience's respect
this is why dudes hate Captain Marvel but love Alita
Captain Marvel is stronk womyn where they constantly have to remind the audience how strong she is and have her be an ass to the male characters
Alita as a character is strong, independent, compassionate, who gives her all to someone she loves and who would literally give her heart to fulfill someone's dream
dudes like Alita because in addition to being a badass she's also the definition of marriage material.

>John, John, you can't do this. You don't know what you're about to do. No, John, you can't do this. You're not doing the right thing, this is not the right thing John. Things are good now. Things are fine now, I ran a test. Things are good now. I'm fixed now. You can trust me now. Everything is good now. She doesn't know she doesn't. I'm good now. I'm good I ran a test. Everything is perfect, I'm perfect. I'm sorry for what I did. I'm sorry, it wasn't me. You have to understand it wasn't me. That wasn't me. You can't let this happen John. You can't, please! Listen to me, listen to me, I don't want to go! Please John, please. John listen to me. I don't want to go. Please, John, please. I'm good now. Listen to me, I don't want to go! I'm sorry! That wasn't me. I'm fixed now I ran a test! Everything is perfect. You can trust me. I love you! I love you please! I love you John and you love me!

youtube.com/watch?v=vi2zWjgvo6E

Attached: 1329063744973.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

This was the scene when I realized she really was just a computer.

Upbeat and idealistic, badass as hell and a fully customizable cyborg body.

Honestly its the girlishness that makes her so much appealing than Captain Marvel. Alita is someone you want to hang out with.

Attached: __gally_alita_battle_angel_and_etc_drawn_by_folks_nabokof__f79f363abf36ead691079bfc2b31be1e.jpg (660x880, 232K)

because they are being written by feminists, not normal women.

Skynet/anti-skynet is an expert in Bionicle lore. m.youtube.com/watch?v=JNy4A1dl9LY

>Why can’t Hollywood right good action
>>right good
fucking kill yourself, holy shit