Remember when sci-fi space battles made sense and you could follow the action? Two ships shooting at each other...

Remember when sci-fi space battles made sense and you could follow the action? Two ships shooting at each other, epic battle music in the background?

I watched the Star Trek Discovery battle and there are like 500 ships on the screen all at once, weapons firing from all directions with no sense of who is shooting at what, you can't even tell which one is supposed to be the main ship.

Attached: enterprise-d-phasers.jpg (600x300, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0kEXJ3WIpy3
youtube.com/watch?v=WCpYqWAIwFA
youtube.com/watch?v=7V7wE_BM-f8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Dude is freaking epic! With lots of pew-pew and explosions. Just turn off your brain, bro.

>Remember when sci-fi space battles made sense and you could follow the action? Two ships shooting at each other, epic battle music in the background?
lol we need an age limit to stop boomers from posting here

vocaroo.com/i/s0kEXJ3WIpy3

Frank Grimes, the post
best 1:05 you'll ever spend

>500 ships on the screen all at once, weapons firing from all directions with no sense of who is shooting at what

it's the fog of space war

>I feel like in a mental asylum
Guess where you are dude?

cringe and gay

What a faggot. Sacrifice your butthole to the gay community.

how's summer going for you guys?

space battles are filler anyway. it's always the same.
PEW PEW LAZERS

cut to some guys flying inside the ship.

MORE LAZERS.

CAPTAIN SHIELDS CAN'T HOLD ON MUCH LONGER REROUTING POWER

PEW PEW LAZERS

captain: SHOOT THE SUPER LASERS

SUPER LAZERS PEW PEW

wepon technician: CAPTAIN IT'S INEFFECTIVE

Captain: USE THE MEGA LAZERS THAT WE CONVENIENTLY GOT IN THIS EPISODE

MEGA LAZERS PEW PEW. ENEMY SHIP EXPLODES

that said the ori fight at the supergate in stargate is pretty memorable for reason or another

>I can’t keep up with all the faggotry
>implying that makes me a sneedmask

>I watched the Star Trek Discovery battle and there are like 500 ships on the screen all at once, weapons firing from all directions with no sense of who is shooting at what

I blame video game culture for this. It has seeped into movies so now filmakers are scared to have clear, simple battles and they need shit flying everywhere like some shitty FPS online game because zoomers have such a short attention span.

Attached: andrew-gavrilov-disco-ent01-1-00000.jpg (1920x1080, 270K)

How's your autism?

>why aren't big budget action flicks slow and boring?
>why aren't all of the characters white?
>why are there so many women?
>where's Jesus?
real questions boomers ask

space battles in BSG weren’t filler

The battle in Generations was pretty lackluster though.
youtube.com/watch?v=WCpYqWAIwFA

how's yours?

DAAAAAMMMNNNNN
SHOTS FIRED SHOTS FIRED UP IN THIS B

Depends on your point of view. To me, the battle was wonderful because we finally got to see the Enterprise D in its best lighting and paint scheme. Sure, the battle was against a bird of prey, but the visuals are still glorious compared with what we dealt with on tv screens...

Attached: Battle 1.webm (1920x1080, 2.89M)

To me classic Star Trek ship battles resembled submarine battles. Slow moving ships and torpedoes. With crews inside trying to patch things up as the battle goes on.

How is it going?

Pretty good. having nice weather here. You?

Jesus, Discovery looks so fucking ugly. I actually like the NX-01 Enterprise in comparison.

I agree; that's what makes it seem more dangerous. If there is too much to distract the eye, then damage and death become valueless because of the increased incidence of it.

Attached: Warp Core Breach.webm (1920x1080, 2.85M)

That is the point. The space ships in Star Trek are meant to be gigantic ships with crews of hundreds of people. This video points out how the ships in STD all maneuver around in battle like the x wings or tie fighters from Star Wars when they are meant to have actual scale to them.
youtube.com/watch?v=7V7wE_BM-f8

>user thinks he knows about how ships should maneuver in space
yeah, the slower and more boring the better. realism is what's important in sci-fi

This but unironically

>Star Trek Discovery battle

Attached: nothing personal kid.webm (1000x562, 2.86M)

>muh realism
retards like you used to be left on hills to die

The other ship isn't even firing back so the constant teleporting doesn't make any sense.

This.

The battle in the season 2 finale made no sense. The two ships (Discovery and Enterprise) were sitting ducks, they had hundreds of shuttles coming out of their bays and repair-bots emerging from their hulls...
The people in charge of those productions have no military or scientifical knowledge. None of these people have served in the military. They didn't bother hiring consultants to check the terms or the respect of the chain of command.

Attached: battle of the resurrection ship.webm (854x480, 2.99M)

>made sense
>use a picture from a battle that made no sense whatsoever
?

more like the other ship can't lock on fast enough

Attached: STD - season 2 finale battle.webm (1280x534, 2.09M)

>Only 9 ships in frame.
>torpedos coming from points where there are no ships at all.

Good Lord that's awful.

Attached: STD - season 2 finale battle (2).webm (900x376, 2.68M)

>Star Trek
>flak bursts

Attached: Quark in court.jpg (500x313, 45K)

WAAAAHHHH WHY ARE SCI-FI ACTION SHOWS EXCITING
THEY SHOULD BE SLOW AND BORING
WHY ISN'T IT JUST TWO SHIPS SLOWLY CIRCLING EACH OTHER FOR HOURS
WHY ISN'T IT AS FUN AS I REMEMBER IT BEING WHEN I WAS A CHILD

>t.

Attached: CBS.jpg (319x93, 16K)

>SHILL SHILL SHILL
>YOU'RE ALL SHILLS

lmao but this guy knows what realistic spaceship fights should look like

Bro, the battle in generations made no sense whatsoever

>hack geordis visor to see the shield modulation
>LOL FIRE!
>WOAH WTF THIS 20 YEAR OLD SHITE BOP IS SHOOTING AT US, BETTER JUST SHOOT ONE PHASER AND THEN RUN AWAY LMFAO. NO NEED TO RE MODULATE SHIELDS ROFL

How the fuck would a ship do that without frying whatever inertial dampeners and whatever bullshit to keep it going? In general hyperspace and teleportation has side effects, I can't imaging a ship or crew being able to sustain maneuvers like that. Beyond that, stupid bullshit like that undermines things like the Picard Maneuver, which was supposedly a creative and tricky move from a generational individual. But doesn't matter, any old ship can do even more no problem!
BSG remake would've been 10/10 if it didn't have the shaky-cam and quick-zoom bullshit in it.

wtf am I looking at? Is the space glitter supposed to be explosions or something, because it just looks like super sparkle time with ships doing nothing.

Stfu faggot. Master n’ Commander in space is what we want fucking sneed mask yourself nigger.

Why that movie? I just didn't get it

I know most of you are too old to play video games, but the Halo franchise has this nailed.

Epic space fantasy
Awesome ship combat
Literal superhero

ummm sweet tea, they have a magic mushroom drive so it's fine

Attached: 1471466454460.webm (720x480, 2.86M)

>sisko and that admiral always talk about task forces of thousands of ships
>every battle has like 50 ships

Naval warfare, outwitting your opponent rather than simply having bigger guns, being alone in a vast sea/space with the only backup being days or weeks away.

Attached: Thirdspace alien attack.webm (852x480, 2.93M)

So, Wrath of khan?

>Master n’ Commander in space is what we want
Obviously not or Trek wouldn't have died after Enterprise until it was relaunched as Fast n Furious in space? Your whole argument that space combat scenes should be slow and tedious is ridiculous and outdated in the current era of storytelling. You're literally bitching about clouds.

>How the fuck would a ship do that without frying whatever inertial dampeners and whatever bullshit to keep it going?
They don't give a shit about the science or the technical aspect of Trek. This (webm) is how they see the inside of the Discovery and how the turbolift works.

If I'm not mistaken, the glitter thing represents the shuttles and the enemy drones fighting each other. Since the people in charge don't give a shit about the technical aspect of Trek, they have hundreds of shuttles on the Discovery and the Enterprise (yes, that ship is supposed to be the one from TOS).

Attached: STD - turbolift roller coaster.webm (900x506, 2.84M)

>muh technical aspect
how realistic were the first klingons with their genghis khan mustaches as a representation of realistic alien life, technically?

t. never watched star trek before JJ trek or STD

They use all that space to store cargo. STD seems to be an actual cargo ship. Who knew!

What is your gender and ethnicity? Can you even tell anymore?

Attached: Soyboy 49.png (640x528, 116K)

Fuck I just refered to the ship as "STD", that's how retarded this show is. I don't even give a fuck about what's its face. FUCK STD FUUUUUUCK

Attached: did that make your life better in any way?.jpg (640x694, 108K)

Hey I'm not the big brain who made a thread wondering why high budget productions aren't intentionally boring.

Do you know what projection is?

>intentionally boring
Imagine needing flashy lights to stay interested.

That is an atrocity

>Remember when sci-fi space battles made sense and you could follow the action?
Imagine needing everything slowed down for you because you get confused if anything happens too fast.