Watched this last night while drunk, fucking 10/10 movie

Watched this last night while drunk, fucking 10/10 movie

Attached: pokemon_detective_pikachu_best_video_game_movie.jpg (825x464, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4pkhEyRoidk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yeah it was really nice. defnitely came from a place of love

I liked the trippy terraforming

That ending blew my mind

Bump

Ruined by nigger mc

Thanks for posting.

unironically this

This movie surprisingly delivered way more than expected. I watched with high expectations Alita and Endgame only for both to turn meh. This one was expected to be meh and actually I had fun. The only thing that bothered me was Ryan Reynolds voice acting, since after deadpool you kinda start associating his voice with the character which makes you sit in permanent anticipation of some cringey shitty joke every second.

>The only thing that bothered me was Ryan Reynolds voice acting, since after deadpool you kinda start associating his voice with the character
I think that was supposed to be the joke, user. His voice doesn't match Pikachu at all, so it's funny.
>which makes you sit in permanent anticipation of some cringey shitty joke every second.
Yeah I was expecting there to be a lot more quips than there were. Not necessarily PG-13 humor, but he mostly played the part seriously.

He cute

youtube.com/watch?v=4pkhEyRoidk

Do we unironically love this? Or just because it failed?
I've thought this was the cringiest movies this year

Yeah but what were you drinking?

>His voice doesn't match Pikachu at all, so it's funny.
wasn't that exactly the point? the fact that they made it a real human sounding voice instead of exaggerated, so you can pick up on the twist early in the film?

Beer, whiskey, rum, wine

Yeah, that makes sense then.

Yea Forums absolutely loves movies that flop.

>so you can pick up on the twist early in the film
Not like that's a problem since you know how the whole MCU ends yet you still sit through 20 or so movies.

This. There's 0 justification for that casting choice.

Based

That whole climax is an out of nowhere acid trip.

he was abysmal but the movie was fun overall

>any movie that doesn't gross as much as normalfag Marvelshit is a flop
They've already confirmed a sequel/follow-up movie.

So negro the white girl didn't even kiss him

I mean that Ryan Renolds is known for playing Deadpool, so hearing his voice coming out of Pikachu's mouth is supposed to be there for comedic effect. They didn't just cast some random voice actor. When the movie was first announced, there were talks that Dwayne Johnson was in the running for the role of Pikachu, which is probably why they cast Justice Smith as Tim.

Look at it this way. It shows more love for the source material then a lot of big franchises. It successfully tells a story within the Pokémon universe with references to various Pokémon media like the anime, the games, the original movie, the cards, Cubones Mom, The Creation Trio statues hinting at Howard’s god complex, and the fucking Pokefloat stage from Smash Bros Melee. Smith might not be a seller when it comes to movies but his performance was tolerable and I do feel for his character and how he reconciles with his Dad. Good movie.

Attached: 2CF067A4-8233-4EA1-8816-E72FA6E0E60A.png (350x341, 184K)

It was a decent movie.
Nowhere near as good as it was hyped but fills a weird almost who framed Roger rabbit vibe

Yeah I thought monologue about how he regretted growing distant from his father was pretty good.

>black boy
>white dad

The first half of the movie is all true to origin world-building, character development, mystery/intrigue noir. Excellent 8/10 maybe 9/10.

As soon as they find the "sooper sekrit" lab everything goes completely to shit and seems to want to play out as a typical capeshit flick (sans the huge turtle guys that was awesome).

If only his mum was black or something...

You need to stop thinking about cocks, you a thirsty nigga.

One of the worst movies of the year. The ending had me laughing my ass off, it was so bad.

Epic bait my friend

It was okay. I watched it expecting to laugh at a dumpster fire but at worst it was just a decent kid's movie with some nostalgia thrown in for the parents.

seething

I liked how batshit insane the finale was.

Goes from simply trying to find this kid's missing dad to

'there's this gas that makes Pokemon go batshit crazy

OH and it's in the balloons so every Pokemon is going to go feral now

OH and it can also facilitate merging humans and Pokemon somehow

OH and Mewtwo has the ability to perform that power now despite him never being able to at any point in the series before

OH and it's not the son who's the villain, it's his dad

OH the son isn't even the son, it's a Ditto

OH and the dad thinks humans should become Pokemon because of their evolutionary superiority so he fuses with Mewtwo and forces everyone into Pokemon bodies by gassing the city.

Also Pikachu is the kid's dad and Mewtwo is a good guy.'

It's just asspull after asspull after asspull and it's incredible. Watch with friends or while high for maximum effect.

This. The ending is based as fuck, I might dab the next time I watch it. An absolute mind-fuck that somehow pulled off great.

not the point really, but he's just a shit actor desu. and that mexican or indian at the beginning with them in the grass, it unironically felt like some student or fan film.

Attached: 1467291359653.gif (500x375, 657K)

The only problem with the movie is that there was zero actual detective work. All that was needed was to put that bridge scene earlier into the movie, and then when they found the ninja star they go "OH LOOK A CLUE".

HE WORE A FUCKING DEER-STALKER HAT WHAT FUCKING MORE DO YOU GOD FUCKING DAMN IT

>interrogating Mr. Mime
>following up on leads at a cliche underground fight club
>joined by a cliche reporter girl
>looking for clues at the office and in a super secret lab

>not detective work

There is no fucking pleasing some people.

The Mr Mime scene was written so fucking well

So did they kill Mr. Mime or not?

It was a pokemon you retard.

I knew this was gonna be good from watching the trailer. Looks like I was right again.

Even worse. He died while pantomiming that he was covered in gasoline that was set on fire, so now he has to pretend like he's burned to death until he eventually starves.

Such is life in Ryme City.

this. i would love a sequel as well

I WANNA BE THE VERY BEST

It was surprisingly good. The creatures look bad though,

They looked better in the movie than the trailers.

Also loved how it wasn't just Gen 1.

>OH and Mewtwo has the ability to perform that power now despite him never being able to at any point in the series before
This is post movie 1 mewtwo so he has undiscovered powers. Surprised he didn't go Mega.

It could have been a lot better, the main lead and pickachu were huge miscasts. I didn't like them at all

The early gens got the lion's share of representation though.

Off the top of my head, almost all the primarily featured Pokemon were Gen 1. Ditto, Lickitung, Pikachu, Cubone, Spearow, Mewtwo, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Mr. Mime, Charizard, Gyarados, Magikarp, Gengar, Psyduck, Snorlax. Literally all of these are Gen 1.

The only ones I can think of right away that were from other gens are Aipom and Greninja, but these were bit parts at most. Most gens didn't even get a look in.

I think a sequel has already been greenlit.

It will be interesting to see how they do a second movie now that 'Detective Pikachu' is no more. I could see a team of Tim, human Harry, and regular Pikachu working out well. Tim is Tim, Harry is the talented detective who's out of his depth everywhere else (sort of an anti-Deadpool role for Reynolds), and Pikachu is the over-eager animal companion constantly leading them to clues/trouble.

I would like to see them focus on some more traditional aspects of the Pokemon universe in the future, too. Perhaps the next investigation is corruption in the Pokemon League or something else that lets us see lots of trainer battles.

Attached: ash.webm (1152x480, 2.55M)

Snubbull and Torterra

Most of the roles were miscast. It's been a long time since I've seen a performance worse than the main girl.

Ah right. Still VERY Gen 1-favoured though. Kind of a missed opportunity. Hey, maybe it was intentional and the sequel will be majority Gen 2 and so on and so forth.

Detective Suicune, coming soon?

This post if the movie was a massive success and super popular:

>look at it this way. It panders to fans without regard to actual good writing. It tells a story that barely follows the structure of the games and shoehorns in pokemon and references. Smith was an awful actor and only casted for brownie points and being mixed race pissed me off most of all, just another typical daddy abandonment movie.

Gen 1 largely remains the face of the franchise in popular culture. It's what people who grew up with the initial craze are most faniliar with, kids who grew up with later generations are still going to know them, and even many non-fans can probably name a few. It makes sense they would lead with it for a first movie at least. More movies and they'll obviously have more room to branch out.

What are you talking about, everyone knows Trubbish is the face of the franchise

Obviously Alcremie is the mascot of Pokemon.

Attached: 7_8_alcremie_1_2x.0.jpg (1094x616, 105K)

The movie is meh but its very fun.
Detective Pikachu is the cutest thing ever though, that's what made the movie for me.

I want a Bulbasaur-bro.

Attached: Bulbasaur_Detective_Pikachu.jpg (768x433, 44K)

Unironically looks delicious

I can't even deny it.

It was trash but no surprise a reddit faggot would find it "fun" and "cute"

I really thought it was going to make a billion. Guess it was made a couple of years too late

The Pokemon boom was fully over well over a decade ago. It's only really kept alive these days by the massive hoardes of 20/30 year olds who grew up with Gens 1-3.