Would you watch socialized (tax funded) movies?

Would you watch socialized (tax funded) movies?

Attached: 1563260456430.jpg (366x303, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DxLOfvaHoYQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: 1563989031642.png (753x960, 29K)

would you?

they usually suck

Only in socially conservative countries (ironically like the Eastern Bloc period). Socially liberal countries produce bad artists.

I try not to

Other than propoganda is this a thing?

>would you?

Attached: 1564504059077.png (644x800, 14K)

Well?

that's literally just state/propaganda TV, so no.

Post propaganda kino

>would you watch propaganda
Dumb frog poster

If you judge something as propaganda based on who supplies the budget then every movie is propaganda.

lol

>this thread

Attached: 1564492302457.png (514x508, 44K)

Fuck you don't sage my thread bitch.

No.

They are guaranteed to be shit, in my country there's a (((national))) institute that produces basically 99% of the local garbage and every flick they make is a mediocre, boring drama or romantic comedies about 'everyday life' with shit tier photography, starring the same shit tier actors.

They get big as fuck budgets to produce 'national cinema' and come with this cheap shit, the rest of the money goes for the jew that produces it. Also they usually deny the fact that they are tax funded because they tax only the people that go to watch (american) movies instead of the whole population, but it's tax funded in the end.

this thread fucking sucks it's just one guy samefagging basedjack fick this board

BBC produce some of the best kino around.

most movies are shot in countries that offer insane tax rebates for movie makers.

>this thread fucking sucks it's just one guy samefagging basedjack fick this board

Attached: 1563556031588.png (785x1000, 254K)

>retards itt who don’t understand every Hollywood production gets millions in tax abatements

He who holds the chequebook holds the power. A government isn’t going to pay for a movie then let it be anything but praising to it, is it you spastic

You're imagining that government leaders personally write cheques and are personally involved in the production board. That simply isn't true. Also, the majority of productions simply aren't about politics and governments, they won't contain any praise or any criticism.

Americans don't understand actual pluralism and independent institutions. Ironically the shit on American TV from big commercial conglomerates is far more political and propagandized than European public broadcasting.

Here in Australia most 'indie' film production are at least partially government funded. Screen Australia is filled with boomer women who use taxpayer money to fund films about people like themselves (upper middle class, middle aged people) or films romantising Aboriginals (as opposed to showing the reality of rampant drug and child abuse).
The Australian film industry is a fucking joke.

Yes. True kino is only possible by freeing directors from market demands.

Attached: 7021a96b-8f43-417a-ace9-8cbb8e492c3e.jpg (629x629, 224K)

Lemme guess, French?

Casablanca

The politics in US media is less subtle because they are primarily using it for marketing (although there are definitely people trying to push ideology).
In Europe and here in Australia you can't have publicly funded media be overtly political but every film is written and made by people who hold values and their values will be expressed through the film. These institutions select projects which hold to their values and in that way there are in fact far more subtle and insidious than the propaganda you see in the US.
I hate the politics of Netflix but at least I don't have to pay for it.

>gets freed from market demands
>gets enslaved by jew demands

I literally only watch youtube at this point:

youtube.com/watch?v=DxLOfvaHoYQ

No. It would be a 2 hour long propaganda piece.
>but it’s all propaganda anyway
Scope, degree, and frequency my pseudo friends.