Movies both critics and audience got wrong? Pic very related

Movies both critics and audience got wrong? Pic very related

Attached: filtered.jpg (1071x1131, 193K)

How odd. Im just in the middle of reading the club dumas. The movie and book are very different yet both very good for their own reasons.

Why didn't they like it? Genuinely curious
Also, any other films with a mood like it?

I remember watching this movie nodding out on some pain pills I got for getting my wisdom teeth removed. I always remember it ith warm and fuzzy feelings.

Had no idea it was based on a book
No idea, movie was great.For me I'd say regression even noone liked this movie and i get why or else kill list is also a close one.

Yes a Spanish book. The book actually differs from the movie quite a bit. In the book corso is much older around 45. His ex lover is mentioned a lot and the blonde has a much larger role. It's very good in a different way. I couldn't say which of the two I enjoy more.

Nacho Libre (40%, 54%)
it's a good movie. and visually gorgeous

This movie is incredibly comfy.

Attached: Screenshot_20190731-113729.png (2048x1393, 434K)

Attached: Hook_poster_transparent.png (220x316, 172K)

Yeah theres something about this movie that makes me feel I missed something and want to watch it again. I've already seen it 3 times.

gonna post another Friedkin kino

I have no idea why this did so horrible with audiences, I fucking loved it.

Attached: Bug.png (684x554, 590K)

Attached: super rotten review.jpg (566x321, 31K)

I forgot to mention, audience score is 56%

Imo it has terrible pacing
My neighbors and I laughed our asses off watching that. Granted we were 14

Attached: hot rod.png (685x291, 120K)

Cruising was great. Seeing how Pacino can hardly contain his contempt of what's happening around him is very nice to watch. The movie bombed at the time because friedkin didn't portray the gay community as holy lambs but instead as some horny retards who like to fuck. In his memories he is very bitter about how the movie was received.
That one was kind of a stinker tho. Killer Joe is much better

Hot Rod is absolute kino.

Holy shit, that many people don't like the Ninth Gate?

I thought even people who found it boring could appreciate the comfiness.

I have a sister who’s fucking nuts, and ‘Bug’ really creeped me out, and not in a good way.

I watched it a couple of years ago, it was comfy and charming, but also very weirdly paced and the plot felt like it was slapped together over the course of a weekend by two different people. Stuff like vague character motivations and a weird, ambiguous ending made it difficult for me to "get" the point of the film, I guess. I don't watch a lot of films like it, though, so I probably don't have the right mindset to fully appreciate it.

I wanted to watch The Ninth Gate, but I haven't even seen the first eight!

The book ‘The Ninth Gate’ was based on went more into detail concerning bibliophiles and their collecting habbits.
Things like measuring book pages to find copies of rare books with pages with the largest dimensions, because book pages get trimmed slightly when books are rebound or repaired. Larger pages therefore signal a book that is closer in condition to when the book first came off the press.
There were other specifics such as information on paper, and more in depth talk about the engravings in the original book.
The ending was also different.

One of the author’s, Arturo Pérez-Reverte‘s, other books, ‘La Tabla De Flandes’ was made into a movie starting Kate Beckinsale, called ‘Uncovered’.
The movie also had less detail than ‘The Ninth Gate’, but the technical details of book collecting or painting restoration sort of add something to films.

Jason Patric starred in a movie with Irene Jacob, called ‘Incognito’, about an art forger, and some of the scenes were Patric is forging art are way more detailed in how it’s done.
That kind of detail would have benefitted ‘The Ninth Gate’.

Honestly never would have guessed the score could be that low, it was very decent flick.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 7.21.08 AM.png (1498x1228, 2M)

Killer Joe and Bug are two totally different things.
Killer Joe being a dark comedy on purpose, Bug being a psychological tragedy, which you could possibly interpret as a dark comedy

And I liked Killer Joe alot, probably my top 3 favorite films of that year

>Torque
no it wasn't, that was purely trash

I will give a second vote for ‘Torque’ being Kino.

its fun the director jokes about this movie in his next one

Yes they different genres but that doesn't mean that bug is a good movie. The bug would have worked better as a short in my opinion. However, friedkin is easily one the most important directors and I will be sad when he finally croaks

I respect that opinion. I just love Friedkin's works alot as he's one of the few filmmakers who knows how to get under my skin

underrated

>almost half of audience and critics liked the movie and gave it positive review
>Movies both critics and audience got wrong
What do you want?

>decent
"No."

Amen brother

I'm not going to say it's superb kino, but it's good enough to be a pleb filter because it was made by Gunn.

>I didn't like his earlier stuff until he directed GOTG

Attached: 1547034643699.jpg (554x439, 106K)