Why has kino sci-fi died? Is it a sign of our times?

Why has kino sci-fi died? Is it a sign of our times?

Attached: rodney.jpg (260x347, 58K)

Nobody likes lighthearted sci-fi anymore

They're catering to women so everything is now a soapie relationship drama.

its too white centric. the earth is in trouble. it's time to focus on supporting niggers

this is your future, whitie
get used to it

Attached: trannies.jpg (474x315, 24K)

Holy shit I'm done with this board

Nearly the entire MCU is light-hearted sci-fi.

more like light-farted lmao

The sense of exploration and grandeur has been replaced by the sense of appeasement and conformity

Capes just got cancelled

I always find stargate fucking boring but everytime this man shows up it become watchable i loved that episode where he is with his girlfriend on a party of smawt people and even black science man is there

>catering to an audience that doesn't like sci-fi
>while pissing on the people who do
What is this disease called and why did all studio execs contract it simultaneously?

Capeshit is capeshit first before it's scifi, I'm talking Andromeda, stargate sg1, etc

I think Superhero movies are now the default action movie. When was the last successful action movie that didn't lean into the "realistic" or "gritty" angle in order to differentiate itself?
There's only been superheros and Fast and Furious, and even the latter is leaning into superheros.

I think the future of superhero movies is that they're gonna stop being a genre. Logan was hailed as a western. Guardians of the Galaxy are space operas before anything else. The last two Avengers movies were space-faring, sci-fi, time travel adventures.
When people say movies like Venom and Shazam feel old-school, I think they're hinting at the fact that those movies are superhero movies and only superhero movies. Everything else is genre fiction with superheros in it.

The reason is that women comprises a large percentage of the tv viewing audience. They want to be able to say they're broadcasting different genres but they also want to capture the female viewing audience.

MCU is ultra ironic capeshit made by people who clearly think that the whole thing and the people who watch are fuckign stupid.
That's why the MCU is plagued with ironic remarks about how dumb everything is.

>Is it a sign of our times?
Yes, low iq white roasties and basedboys have taken over the culture.

stargate thread?

Attached: 1500622601561.jpg (1061x1100, 181K)

>GOOLD?

Attached: Hammond.jpg (700x393, 130K)

Attached: nailed it.gif (320x176, 3.2M)

What guns did they use in season 1? For some reason I always thought they had those P90s

Sad!