Explain this scene to me

Explain this scene to me.

Attached: dunkirk.jpg (1412x874, 184K)

But I haven't seen the movie.

Are you a grill?

He had to destroy his plane as it was a new Spitfire model and he couldn't allow the Germans to examine or reverse engineer it

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

Listen here little baby. You're gonna get a lot of hurtful and degrading comments, but that ain't what I'm about. Let me just say, you are perfect the way you are. You hear me sugar? PERFECT. Don't ever change. You deserve anything and everything you want. Stay safe for me, baby girl. >mfw thinking of you hurting
Listen here little baby. You're gonna get a lot of hurtful and degrading comments, but that ain't what I'm about. Let me just say, you are perfect the way you are. You hear me sugar? PERFECT. Don't ever change. You deserve anything and everything you want. Stay safe for me, baby girl.

>mfw thinking of you hurting

Attached: 1563894665558.png (632x650, 156K)

>Scorched earth

BRAVO NOLAN
R
A
V
O

N
O
L
A
N

i don't see how it is a plot hole.

I watched this without paying attention to the time the first time like a retard and it was confusing as fuck. Now it's one of my favorite war movies because even though they aren't that many blood, you still feel the fucked up situation this soldiers went through.

he didn't fly so good

This is standard procedure after landing in enemy territory.
Also the last stuka he shot down was totally unrealistic scene. Impossible to do that with dead engine.

couldnt give enemy the high tech plane

that movie looked fucking cheap as shit
Nolan is turning into a real rush job
> we have no ships to get soliders out!
> ships leave with five people on deck
> "huge" armada of 5 boats comes from England to save people
honestly this movie was laughable

I can't, I was asleep when this happened.

Dont forget Stukas dropping hand grenades.

Why would somebody burn a plane, after landing it on the ground?

Burning the boat is a pretty simple metaphor. He's not going back.
That's 100% union shit.

Attached: BurnTheShipsBlog.jpg (1000x562, 139K)

plane burn
german bad

why would the germans want such a piece of shit aircraft given that they had jet powered planes?

so germans can't copy the technology
to learn it's weak points

They didn't have combat ready jets in 1940, and even if they didn't decide to use it in combat they could learn it's weaknesses by reverse engineering it.

Wanted to watch the fire rise

The German jet powered planes were complete shit.
The Me-262 was difficult and expensive to build, were terrible in a dogfight, and were extremely vulnerable during take-off and climb.
The allies destroyed hundreds of them before they could even engage in battle by striking airfields.

With no survivors

the germans treated him well and didnt shoot him on sight. fug

the fire rises

Whether they wanted it or not this is common protocol for most armies. In basic they tell you that if your certain that your about to be captured you need to destroy it ( or hide if you don’t have anything to destroy it with ) so that the enemy won’t have it.

jesus fucking christ

>why would the germans want such a piece of shit aircraft given that they had jet powered planes?

Anyone could use a captured aircraft to develop ways to counter it. When the Americans first captured a Japanese A6M Zero they brought it to testing fields and had test pilots fly it to measure its specific flight characteristics, then developed dogfight tactics to counter it.

Dude we want compleatly realistic movie
Dude we use cold war destroyer/frigate they look the same anyway lol
Dude we shoot in modern town but noone will notice
Dude we don't have enough actors for the soldiers but we won't use cgi lol

British pilots weren't given parachutes because it was too expensive in the time of war.

did you not see the Battle of Britain?

crashing plane
fire rises
mask off
getting caught

They had chutes, but he was flying to low to be able to deploy it at that point, would only kill himself.

that's world war one, in ww2 they had chutes cos the fuck wits in charge from ww1 died and the new generation of leaders could understand that a pilot is worth more than a plane.

by your retarded logic the brits should have responded by leveling berlin with Vulcan bombers and the battle of Britain would be decisive british victory with meteor fighter craft

Pottery

Why did he shoot up the plane?

>they had jet powered planes
yeah... like... 1945