Is there even a reason to pay for cable anymore? Everything good gets streamed online, am I missing something...

Is there even a reason to pay for cable anymore? Everything good gets streamed online, am I missing something? Is there anything good on DirecTV in the central time zone right now?

Attached: cable0_.jpg (300x300, 9K)

sports

>sports
lol

>he doesn't share a friends cable login and watches all the shit online

that's all i watch desu

Fuck no. VHS alone makes it moot.

Cable is basically being held up now by boomers who think that cable is the only way to watch sports ball and their network news of choice.

hulu and amazon offer live sports now

imagine paying for cable after 2006 lol

i don't always watch games on the same tv

>VHS

What year are you in?

hook up hulu and amazon to multiple TVs

>Is there even a reason to pay for cable anymore?
When the aliens announce themselves to the human populous, it's going to be through cable, so yes.

Whatever year I want it to be.

it's just not convenient, especially with multiple people in the household watching various things on different tv's at any given time

I literally watch news, while online I prefer to read them, sports -something you must watch live on a big screen, not on your phone zoomers- and movies I would have never bothered streaming or downloading simply because they were there and piqued my interest

Depends on where you're from. Cable is still popular here in Europe.

you can do that with streaming boxes, though. All of your arguments seem to be based on the fact that you don't understand how streaming services work

I have DirecTV smartass. just wondering what the point of keeping it is

OK so I guess my answer is there is no point. thanx all!

antenna for local stuff/sports
streaming box for everything else

It you don't feel like it's worth it just cancel it.

he's some autist who cant get past his nostalgia for VHS.

My VHS tapes (and Lasers) will always fast forward when I want them to, unlike cuckeDVD and Bastard-Ray.

you're right, my "arguments" are to not go through a big unnecessary inconvenience to change what we're happy with

>sports ball
i don't even watch sports but please fucking kill yourself

my mom pays for cable i use it sometimes to watch movies on TCM

>TCM
Based

Attached: robocop_1987.0.jpg (1200x800, 142K)

No and it's obvious providers know it has no value, which is why all the isp's in my area give you "free" basic cable with fucking anything.
You can't just get internet, they give you cable with it, quite obviously it's because of the fact cable is just a endless braindead advertising platform.
It's the isp form of bloatware included with any kind of computer/phone, the original.

Solaris is currently playing on it id watch it but i just rewatched it late last year

Maybe in 3rd world shitholes but not here in the netherlands

Wasn't your country submerged underwater or something?

>you're right, my "arguments" are to not go through a big unnecessary inconvenience to change what we're happy with
its a big unnecessary inconvenience to get more content, cheaper, with less ads, on demand? lol

Attached: tumblr_n31rb3spAS1tw1vhco1_500.gif (500x280, 913K)

sounds pretty shit. i pay $35/mo for 60mb internet only with no contract through comcast. its the cheapest the internet has ever been for me aside from the days of dialup.

>more content
senpai watches local news more than anything, some shows and channels that likely aren't with just one streaming service
i pretty much watch local sports
>cheaper
i personally don't pay a dime
directv ain't that expensive anyway
>less ads
lol just change the channel if you're that bothered by commercials
sports have natural breaks anyway
>on demand
sports are only good live

spare me any more of your autism, chief

basic cable is free to me so i don't know. but i do know that i'm not going to pay for some streaming shit. fuck that.

>local news
almost all news is streamed
>sports
also streamed
>sports
>sports

oh, you're retarded, sorry to disturb.

internet connection + plex = everything u want can be streamed, for free, with minor set up.

see and the last sentence of

streamed sports is why every event thread on Yea Forums is half people responding 3 minutes after something happens. antenna is the most based way to watch sports

Not him, but I'm getting inspired to get a cable subscription with your holier-than-thou bullshit. If he finds it more convenient, why force your own ideas?

Once Netflix gets their library gutted by their competition already happened and all that competition gets their own streaming services launched happening right now it might be cheaper to go back to cable.

Local news and sports, so boomers who can't/dont know how to stream are about the only thing keeping it alive.

I sell satellite in the UK lmao.

Streaming is an iffy bet if you want an uninterrupted experience. I made the switch to streaming a while back but I came to find out there's a lesser chance of a mishap when you're watching a live event directly, instead of a stream that can freeze/get delayed/what have you. Yes, it's rare, but it happens, and fuck that noise.

Attached: Greggshirt.JPG.jpg (1100x895, 65K)

Yes, that is how I imagine how you look.

Really, as long you as you have a stable internet connection, its about as rare as cable interupts. I'd say about even, happens so rarely to not even be worth mentioning. If you have these problems, get better internet.

worshiping BBC aka watching sports.

why was cable in the 90s so kino? back in 97 we got cheap cable(california cable) and the package only came with less channels and those channels had awesome programming. Finally my dad got one of these boxes and we got more awesome channels!

man i miss the 90s...

Attached: s-l9999.jpg (1600x1200, 438K)

yeah but the delay is horrible
15 second delay or less streaming isnt available now and for sports like basketball being a play or four behind is useless

Because physical > digital

>physical

and
are two different people user