Listen user, we LOVE the source material but we are gonna reimagine the main character as a black female

>Listen user, we LOVE the source material but we are gonna reimagine the main character as a black female.

Why does Hollywood do this

Attached: 1B41A1D7-BE97-4102-B875-FAD6B59A38A3.jpg (1500x1120, 220K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ngcPHqygCts?t=1867
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Juden

Not enough people willing to go Brenton Tarrant on Hollywood. That's why.

because the source material already exists. the story has already been told in the way that you know it. the point of a hollywood adaptation is to concentrate the source material into the cool parts and put a new spin on it that will be popular among the new target audience. these days, that audience is white women.

>but don't you mean trannies and blacks?

no, these people either don't have money to spend on new media consumption or represent a small portion of the market. trannies and blacks are only pushed because they appeal to the sensibilities of white women who want to look progressive and woke. don't blame blacks, trannies, or even the jews. it's white women who are behind all of this.

Wheres your proof they are pushing for diversity?

look at um history you faggot

>Oh um also she's differently abled by having only one arm, also also she wears an eyepatch but it's bedazzled and quirky

>It's *current year*, don't you think little black girls deserve a roll model?

>the point of hollywood is to take source materials and ruin them
No that's not their job and I'm pretty sure you know that. Stop reddit spacing.

>their job isn't to attend to demographics and try to make money

ok

Demographics are racist user it's 2019 ffs get with the times.

Look at The Coen Brothers.
They're liberals and massive massive jews.
Their last few films have basically had all white casts. One is just about straight men.

Or look at Greta Gerwig. Big feminist liberal.
Lady Bird had an all white, christian cast. And was very pro-christian. The nuns and priest are the nicest and most intelligent characters in the film and the main character goes into a church to find comfort after she moves to NYC.

Or take Pawel Pawlikowski. Ida is a film about anti semitism. But then Cold War is anti-communism and both have all white casts, nothing gay in them either.

These are people making ideologically driven films, and politically, their ideas are far to the left of Hollywood. But you aren't interested in films like this are you?

You find comfort watching the Avengers and seeing a bad guy get executed and seeing nice nuclear families and seeing in god and country we trust in one of the first shots. But then a couple of black characters and a token gay trigger you. You think hollywood are liberal? They aren't. The representation which triggers you is just a business strategy and the films free of it with all white straight casts are made by real liberals who care about their work.

Attached: 0039a8c93fa030d77ed6d48d54f73c3317dcf9443602cb384927d99b40297bb0.jpg (750x500, 31K)

>hollywood isn't liberal
Are you retarded or just playing at being retarded? I've seen stupid posts before but I'm actually concerned for you here.

What are some roles that their own rules would prevent them from diversifying? For example they obviously won't cast asians as Nazis for diversity. The Nazis can stay white. But who else? Excluding outright "bad guys"

Because black women's stories need to be told too?

But it's not a black woman's story? Black women are incapable of telling a decent story.

>cut costs by not having to hire a huge writing staff
>cut costs by not having to hire A listers

youtu.be/ngcPHqygCts?t=1867

See what Jerrod Carmichael has to say about representation. That's a genuinely liberal perspective, and many people making sincere works with actually progressive content, agree with him. Like I have mentioned.

You may well agree with him

You only really see the kind of fake diversity 'representation' in big studio things that they cynically want to appeal to as wide an audience as possible. That's to make money. It's not for any other reason.

I'm curious what you think about what he says.

Attached: 1562324795727 politically correct Joan of Arc .png (562x698, 348K)

And putting making money ahead of anything else, that's not 'leftist'. That's a conservative value.

Your prejudice is showing

Attached: culturally insensitive politically correct no backlash casting Once_Upon_a_Time_season_5_Sir_Lancelo (1000x1500, 3.06M)

`

Attached: 1531805832805 culturally insensitive politically correct no backlash casting.jpg (375x600, 80K)

>because the source material already exists. the story has already been told in the way that you know it.
Yeah, and? People want to see how those same things and events play out like in the big screen, it's exciting.

Cheap marketing.

-

Attached: 1531805813377 culturally insensitive politically correct no backlash casting.jpg (672x679, 94K)

Yea Forums loves watching garbage yet cries when said garbage fills the seats.

way too much spacing for me to read

Just watch what he says. It's like 30 seconds. You probably agree with him.

The liberal perspective is sucking hiv out of a gay dick and then going to a parade and spitting it in kids faces nice try Liebowitz get the fuck off my board

Attached: 1564239406175 politically correct .png (1000x500, 509K)

Now for the satire...

Attached: 1562324808778 politically correct Obama .jpg (1944x2952, 597K)

Prejudice? I don't think there's ever been any decent writing material from a black woman in history. Go on and link me something you find on google though I can guarantee nobody that doesn't google "writing by black women" will recognize whatever you find.

timestamp might be wrong. It's at 31.09

That's a stage play, so it gets a free pass really. Theatrical production casts have never been bound by accuracy in casting

Attached: 1562324877733 politically correct Tupac .png (626x700, 399K)

>th-this is just fine not revisionist history at all see niggers need representation too because well because uhh well my teacher once told me i was good goy for giving my snack to a black kid

Attached: d90.png (644x800, 15K)

Insecure on HBO is very good
And that's not 'forced diversity'. It's a show specifically about black women.
The more of those you get, the less you'll have them shoehorned in

>bound by
Nor have TV or film production.

Attached: 1562324838543 politically correct Rosa Parks .jpg (540x960, 57K)

Because ""people"" like the ones on Yea Forums make petitions to replace white actors with black ones.

~

Attached: 1563181453525 politically correrct movie 4 .jpg (521x767, 53K)

Or we could have just shot them all. seems like the better option for real people.

-

Attached: 1562737528166 politically correct movie .jpg (750x1090, 387K)

Literally no one here ever defends these few strawman examples you keep crying about.
But it's not even accuracy, forced diversity or representation which triggers you. You're being totally dishonest. It's seeing black people on screen at all. What recent black shows/movies or those focusing on women do you like? I bet none.

look at this doood

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-30 at 11.37.30 PM.png (433x587, 341K)

>no it's not what it really is it's what I say it is
I'll admit all blacks should be shot but that's no reason to think it's ok for blacks to take roles that don't belong to them. It's very common for "people" like you to put words in others mouths, why do you think that is? Also why would I watch a nigger show? I don't expect niggers to enjoy or watch white shows so why should I be forced to watch a nigger show?

Here's something that needs saying:
All of this replacing whites with blacks in "white stories" is really just saying blacks don't have a culture worth representing cinematically, which is not just incorrect but racist.

Attached: ``` 1442333493130.png (480x600, 398K)

now you can go back to your hug zone and tell everybody how you may have been almost talking to a real life racist how edgy of you

like to know what you think of this idea:

Jokes on them, one of my best scripts has a black female protagonist. What are they gonna do, make her a scrawny Jew?!

Yes, I agree somewhat. Now tell me what you think of what Jerrod Carmichael says in that clip.
And consider that it's not 'liberals' doing all this.

Zora Neale Hurston immediately jumps to mind

>Why does Hollywood do this
it generates buzz, the clicks. that's all it matters nowadays.

then go to screenings of that original thing when they show it. what exactly is your argument? that the only people an adaptation should be aimed at are the people who were already fans of the original? why wouldn't they just remaster the original like video game devs, then? you're missing the point of an adaptation if you think it's to cater to fans of the original. it's explicitly not.

people just dont like stories being tampered with by making "provocative" casting choices

it generates outrage for everyone and we all leave pissed off, thank you hollywood

>literal nobody nigger who's name I can't even pronounce
Wow you sure showed him

>i'll believe the conspiracy it's for clicks and controversy but if you point out numbers showing a replacement going on i'll just play blind

>implying
If they really wanted to generate clicks, they would be saying fuck niggers and fuck trannies. What they do now just generates a circlejerk.

Just because you're an illiterate nigger doesn't mean everyone else is, user

Hollywood doesn't want to make big budget films that only appeal to certain demographics. They try to make them for everyone. So if you want stories focusing purely on white people, watch indie films. There are a lot of good ones.
All i'm trying to say is that what upsets you is a sound business strategy, driven by a conservative value about making money, not an ideological ploy.

My evidence is the scores of more ideologically liberal films, made by liberals, which have all white casts. I have already given some big recent examples.

Have a think about this one for a second.

Sounds like we need mass genocide to get good movies again.

Their eyes were watching god legitamately has some great writing in it

The part about the black girl feeling prubrety awaken inside her and fall for her white neighborhood was particulary well written, no memes

Niggers are a tiny share of the market both populationwise and disposable income wise. Your argument would at least make some sense if they were cramming spics down our throats, but not niggers.

>why havne't you heard of my literal who nigger
Get a job.

Smaller movies are good already and good movies often have all white casts.

The problem isn't specifically forced diversity, it's having films dictated by demographics studies and a bid for mass appeal. Having to cater to the chinese market is equally if not more cancerous for blockbusters. Even if blacks disappeared that wouldn't change the core issue.

You literally just have to stop watching big budget films but you won't because unless you get cgi helicopters exploding into overpasses then your tiny little brain isn't entertained.

12% is not 'tiny' at all.
and it's also for the sjw audience. Superficially pandering to SJW isn't necessarily ideological, it's just a business strategy.

>a nigger realizes she's better off with whites than blacks
Sounds like pretty hopeful writing, why isn't she smashing the neighborhood and bringing in crime to represent her people?

Because just as you "white" (and I use that term with quotation marks because it often turns out that the ones getting upset and clinging to their "whiteness" are not actually white at all but an admixture of different ethnicities - a "mutt", if you will) people enjoy seeing white people on-screen (and get irrationally upset whenever this is somehow compromised), black people also enjoy seeing black people on-screen. Similarly, asian people enjoy seeing asian people represented, same as latinos and polynesians etc. Since these minority ethnic groups are actually growing in size, television production companies see an opportunity to make more money by pandering to this potential audience.

They'll cast a black actor to get more black people to tune in, and so on and so forth for other ethnicities. It isn't necessarily driven by ideology (although it may seem that way, as producers and marketing will use put on the window dressing veneer of how "its about time") but is usually corporate in nature. These production companies are businesses and their first and foremost goal is to make money. If recasting white characters with BAME actors wasn't a huge cash cow, then they'd stop doing it. But because you people always kick up a shit fit whenever it happens, it generates huge publicity for the show and only strengthens their resolve to continue, as the cash flow increases.