Worst sequels thread?

Worst sequels thread?
I'm torn between Highlander 2 and Son of the Mask.

Attached: 51TGbqwgpfL.jpg (338x500, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NHLQLkFU-pE
youtu.be/aV0d_5GES0A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Star Wars sequel trilogy.

I hold Highlander 2 in a special place because I had my dad rent it from the video store as a kid after loving the first one.

It's the first movie I ever watched and just recognized how much it sucked. Up until then I was still at the age and stage where you can pretty much watch anything that isn't a dull "grown up" movie and enjoy it.

/thread
Also Incredible 2, because it was so mediocre when compared to the first

>Son of the Mask
You fucking prick, that movie was godtier.

Attached: 1564526041352.jpg (908x912, 237K)

The amount of dick-sucking Incredibles 2 got was astounding to me. It must've just been the initial release hype and "ELASTA-GURL POWER!" because it already feels forgotten.

Attached: 2B60193B-ED8F-4A9E-A1EF-E48652410EC8.jpg (1000x1426, 570K)

At least you can laugh at Superman IV. Superman III was just plain bad outside of Evil Superman.

I disagree, Superman III had genuinely good stuff and funny moments too it, and was at least a competently made movie. Superman IV is just sad, you only laugh at out of pity

Highlander 2 just because of how fucking easy on paper it is to make a new Highlander movie and just how fucking horribly that faggot director shit it up.

The Godfather 3 is probably one of the most notoriously disappointing sequels in history. It had many problems, not least of which was the fact that Pacino could no longer play Michael since he literally morphed into a different person IRL in the 80's.

Superman III had plenty of good stuff outside of the Evil Superman bit. Lana Lang was great.

I feel like everything Disney shits out now is immediately forgotten. Nothing they release has any kind of cultural staying power.

It's so jarring to see Pacino's performance in the first two and then in the third one he's just playing his character from Scent of a Woman.

>Find that power inside you. Feel your Animality!

Attached: Mortal_Kombat_Annihilation_movie_poster.jpg (504x755, 64K)

>killing Johnny Cage immediately
That's how literally everyone knew the movie would suck.

Attached: Large_5105.jpg (750x460, 190K)

For me it was the second they recast him.

GUYS watch the Renegade cut of Highlander 2, it's actually good.
They remove all mention of them being aliens.

I don't even remember that they had recast him. I haven't seen that movie through since it was released. I've maybe, MAYBE, seen it 1.5 times but will never forget how disappointed my whole family was.

Friday the 13th Part 8

Nightmare Elm Street 5 Dream Child (no freddy's dead is not nearly as bad as this.

Batman & Robin

They recast as shitload of people for no good reason.
The worst was Christopher Lambert getting replaced with this asshole.

Attached: Mortal-Kombat-Annihilation-images-0cc2bf87-ac04-45a4-a707-413fd649304.jpg (780x439, 27K)

Halloween Ressurection is the worst of the Halloween series by FAR but IMO it's still slightly underrated because of the following positive points.
> Solid Myers mask. Big step up from any of the mask in H20.
> Opening with Laurie is decent despite being a weak send off for her.
> Katee Sackhoff being fun.
> Bianca Kajlich is a solid final girl.
> Some cool imagery (myers looking down at the camera after being hanged, shots of myers caught in the electrical cables as the building burns around him)
> Score is better then H20 had.
> The bullshit with Busta is almost worth it for the look on his face when Myers effortlessly stops his stick. Pic related...

Attached: 1506711128271.gif (500x250, 1.59M)

Yeah, eat up that Mask 2 Merch they've got lying around

This. The sequel was pretty much a gimme concept but no, they had to try to retcon the whole fucking thing for absolutely no reason. Hey, let's turn a fantasy movie into shitty sci-fi about aliens. It's almost as if some unrelated bad sci-fi script got tweaked to use Highlander characters. I went to the movies to see this. So many excited people going in, people dressed in kilts, a fun atmosphere. I remember how surreal it was to see it unfolding on screen. I just remember this line of sad looking people exiting the theater once it was done. Defeated fans silently walking to their cars.

Attached: 268x0w.png (268x402, 188K)

I still don't understand how Highlander 2 connects to the first and everything else.
Is it just a reboot/re-imagining of the original?

>Hey, let's turn a fantasy movie into shitty sci-fi about aliens
Seriously, and sci-fi could still be put in with the future setting just don't do the retcon. The Highlander anime was partially set in a futuristic time period and it was great.

add miss congeniality 2

It's the most direct sequel of all of them, but it handled it magnificently poorly.
Basically Connor made his mortality wish and used his centuries of life experience and knowledge to make the world better.
A smart writer, like the guys behind the animated series, would have him die and cause the game to restart, with his grandson as one of many new Immortals.
Instead Mulcahy decided that the game was created by aliens from the planet Zeist (with Connor and Ramirez just on the fucking planet preparing to go to Earth with zero explanation, despite them having early childhoods on earth, etc.). Flash forward to the near future where the movie takes place: Connor's an old man and immortals are back for no reason at all and for just as little reason Conor is also an immortal again and regains his youth when some immortals attack him. And then he summons Ramirez back from the dead because he needs his help. That's how it starts and it just keeps getting shittier until the end. A bigger fucking waste of Michael Ironside and Sean Connery there has never been.

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1280x720, 70K)

Every single Highlander movie, show, or anime reimagining has actively sought to undo the damage Highlander 2 has done, and only the anime came close thanks to a great villain who contrasted with Kurgan in every way (the Griffith to Kurgan's Guts in a way, pic related).
Multiple countries built an entire franchise on trying to make people forget that fucking disaster ever existed.

Attached: highlander - search for vengeance.jpg (306x165, 8K)

>A bigger fucking waste of Sean Connery there has never been.

Attached: image010.jpg (470x354, 37K)

Sir Billi is marginally better than Highlander 2, and I will stick to that. It's not just the movie itself; it's the sheer inexcusability of its existence.
At least he just a crazy old man who wanted to represent Scotland when he starred in Sir Billi.

Billi could arguably be worse in the sense that it's a horrible ending to a great career.

At least Connery followed up Highlander 2 with stuff like The Untouchables and Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade.

After Billi there's fucking nothing.

It basically retcons the entire backstory of the first movie so that the immortals are actually space aliens exiled to Earth. It makes no sense because it's so badly utilized.

This^

Nothing is going to equal the let-down.

The most pathetic part is I'm almost positive it wasn't even supposed to be a retcon. That they were somehow supposed to just land in their respective places in history with nobody the wiser. Never mind that the fucking MacLeouds will kill you for devil worship for making a miraculous recovery; they won't notice you flying in from fucking space.
The only reason Connery's career didn't take a heavy hit is because he told Mulcahy to fuck himself and hammed it right the hell up, and then killed himself off. By request if I recall correctly.
With Billi he actively chose that shit ending. That wasn't on the producers; it was entirely on him.

Withholding judgement until third one.
Just so I can say it's the worst with real confidence.

>Son of the Mask
Say sike right now

Attached: H1j1xCAuxQyl.jpg (594x395, 68K)

Incredible downgrade to the first one.

Attached: 268x0w (1).jpg (268x402, 24K)

Especially the marketing. Didn't even know there was an Equalizer 2.
I even liked the first one.

Fuck you, I love part 8. The main theme is so fucking good.

Save yourself the trouble, it's underwhelming. I'd rather watch The Guest instead.

Yeah, one look at that poster and I'm not gonna argue. Looks like trash.

It felt like they were winging it, is odd, at first it feels like it wants to be grander, then go personal, but we did not really get to know those characters, is like there was no script before filming.

*darkest side of the night starts playing*
youtube.com/watch?v=NHLQLkFU-pE

Attached: AJ6TEaV.gif (512x321, 1.73M)

Really? First one was absolute trash, how did they manage?

joe dirt 2 wall horrendous

It looked like it was filmed on home video. It was almost impressive.

Caddyshack 2 was a horrendous pile of shit.

>Star Wars sequel trilogy
>worst sequels
Watch more films, reddit

These are meme answers. Please watch more films before posting on the Yea Forums board.

Dumb and Dumber To

Hi, Kathleen.

oh god the fucking matrix movies.

We don't discuss Highlander 2 here, user.

The wachowski trannies are making a new one. It'll make the whole trilogy look like a masterpiece.

Attached: belly2.jpg (960x1440, 312K)

Calling the One being a postop transman who becomes a biological woman again when she wakes up in the real world.

I remember not understanding what was going on as a kid, only that I didn't want to rewatch the movie.

NEVER GO BACK

Attached: 5657006_sa.jpg (450x640, 73K)

When bringing up mistreated and abused movie franchises Terminator, Aliens, and Predator are always first, but Highlander really got it the worst.

True but few of them can be literally defined by their fuck up like Highlander.

Blade 2

Blade Runner 2049
Soulless

Was the series any good? It seems better suited for that but I don't think I've actually sat and watched a single episode.

Hilariously the only good products to follow up highlander were animated. The cartoon series had the best way to restart the game (the moment of the previous winner's death) and featured decapitations. The anime movie got the first and onlu good villain since Kurgan.
The rest of the franchise had no fucking clue what it was doing.

But the Source was even worse than 2.

How do you fuck up immortals and swords? Jesus you'd think a premise that could span across the entire planet and time would write itself.

It's fucking baffled me for years.

>baffled
youtu.be/aV0d_5GES0A

Bullshit. Predator 2 & Predators aren't a million miles close to being as bad as Alien Resurrection or Terminator Genesis.

Nor are Avp or Avp 2 for that matter.

It's like comparing which STD's aren't quite as bad.

Eh, 2, 3 & 4 all had acceptably decent villains.
They ripped off the Kurgen too much but still.

Whatever u say jeck. U r da masterayz

James Remar is an okay actor, though. Not his fault the movie sucked.

No Predator 2 & Predators aren't bad period.
The only thing keeping 2 from being equal with the first is Paxton & the Mexican bitch's cringy interaction at the beginning.

Predator fares better simply because there's no story-rape like the others.

For what it's worth the AVP xenos look great.

the TV highlander show was excellent and fuck you

It was clear through them all they were trying desperately to recover from 2 though. That's the funny thing about the Highlander franchise, it's so singularly defined by that one shitfest. Alien and Predator and Terminator don't have one specific failure they are trying to recover from. They have a decline in quality and poor franchise planning, but you can't say that one particular movie was the bullet that killed them like you can with Highlander.

Jesus, guys, it wasn't the director's fault, it was actually production company. They decided to film in some fuck-all country but had budget problems and they let some literally who foreigners decide the story so they could at least have more money.
That's how sci-fi shit got into the script. In fact, Mulcahy knew that the movie is going to suck, so he tried to take his name of it. And later he was the guy who tried to remove shitty sci-fi in other cuts of the movie.

I would've liked Predators a whole lot more if they didn't spend half the time on Fishburne's Colonel Kurtz impression.

Liked the super preds though, even if they looked like Lil Wayne.

I get it but at the very least the guy directing needs to either steer it away from disaster like that or fully bail. Meddling may have occurred but when you know they are forcing a disaster and you can't stop them you leave, contracts be damned. Take your loss. Poor leadership at the very least.

>not Trinity

Blade 2 was bad in that it retconned a bunch of stuff from the first movie when they had already left it off at interesting point. But it was still at least enjoyable.

I mean Mulcahy unironically enjoys stuffing dicks in his asshole so you can't really expect dominance from the guy.

There's nothing even wrong with Blade 2. Kristofferson and Snipes back again, twist that wasn't that predictable, and the sewer romp with the vamp gang.

I didn't mind the mutant vampires much and felt like a threat more than anything in the first film did. As much as I would like to rag on the cg it's miles better than the first one's skeletons inside skeletons.

Blade 3 is a different story altogether but it had best vampfu Parker Posey.

Not to mention top tier Biel.

Attached: EHBYI1G.jpg (600x481, 42K)

Even if it does remove the mention of them being aliens from another planet, where did the rebellion took place and where were they banned from? Where did the new immortals and katana came from? It's the same.

I like the movie for what it is, some parts are good. But the plot is mainly shit.

Attached: Screenshot_20190710-161829.png (720x1280, 521K)

Predator 2 second half and Predators first one are pretty fine things.

Rewatched the trilogy last year for the first time since it aired, Del Toro tried a bit, but there was just no saving Goyer's crappy script. Those super vampires ended up being used like regular zombies.

I think Predator 2 is straight up great, why don't people like it?

I did. It didn't help much. The alien shit was a small part of what sucked about Highlander 2. The plot was garbage, the setting was ugly, and Ironside was weak. The final bout wasn't quite on par with the first fight in the first movie.

The problem with blade 2 is it is forgettable. You can remember trinity for the troubles, Biel, Posey, triple H, Reynolds

>she will never put you in a headlock, face-in-pit

The first half of predator 2 is like a long loading time where we're simply asked to wait for things to happen.

This is a good pick, i quite liked the first one and couldn't believe how bad the second was.

control f
no howling 2 results

>no howling 2 results
Howling 2: Your Sister is a Werewolf is bad, really bad, but more along the lines of Fright Night Part 2. I mean, I'd sooner watcher Howling 2 than I would most of the straight-to-video sequels that followed it. They didn't have Christopher Lee.

American Psycho 2. Even if you ignore the mentions of Bateman in it, it's still a garbage movie.

I heard the 4th is more like the book

You're right in that Alien, Predator and Terminator were a steadier ebb in quality rather than a sudden gearshift from "perfect" to "trash" like Highlander. Though in a way, isn't that worse? If you follow a first good movie with a terrible movie, you can immediately recognize your fuckup and course correct (Highlander did NOT do that with their movie franchise, but the TV media figured its shit out).

But with Alien, Terminator, Predator, etc. we had to endure a gradual string of increasingly lousy movies over several decades, ultimately leading to a studio revelation that the Highlander franchise was lucky enough to have after only 1 sequel.

avp are better than genysis

Lots of awful things are better than Terminator Genysis. Terminator Salvation is better than Terminator Genysis.

Sherlock Holmes, second was pure trash

8 wouldn't have been hated so much if it was called Jason Takes The Ship but it was 10% in NYC 90% on the boat making every one mad

PlusIs kino

> where did the rebellion took place and where were they banned from?
Some past life on earth that they have been reincarnated from.

> Highlander did NOT do that with their movie franchise
Eh 3 & 4 are decent.

Salvation is genuinely good.

I can't think of a notable flaw with it besides tiny nitpicks like the giant robot not being heard.

Prequels/sequels definitely
Especially all the eu shit

Highlander 2 is great and serves as the ultimate plebeian filter. Renegade Cut is preferred.

This. It's unwatchable. Highlander 2 gets honorable mention.

But user Rogue One is fucking incredible.

I AGAINST I, FLESH OF MY FLESH AND MIND OF MY MIND.