American Psycho

We're going to settle this once and for all.

On the surface, Patrick Bateman did kill people. On the inside he is in pain and succumbs to a series of delusions. It is only he, who isn't sure of what's real and what isn't. You the viewer should know this. He killed the homeless guy and the prostitutes. What appears real in the film is real. What appears fake is fake. The film was really ambiguous, and has a lot of people thinking everything is a dream. The only person Patrick didn't kill with absolute certainty is Paul Allen.

It really wouldn't kill you to take a break from your precious capeshit, actress worship, blacked, and have sex threads.

Fight me.

Attached: 1553828173773.gif (435x250, 1.53M)

impressive, very nice.

Attached: roon.jpg (1024x576, 126K)

we're gonna settle these dubs once and for all

Attached: 1562316299057.jpg (500x500, 47K)

How's it going, Halberstram?

I always assumed he did kill Paul Allan but the final scene where he massacres a bunch of people was his psychosis, judging from the scene where his gun causes an explosion and he looks at it incredulously. Wasn’t his lawyer in disbelief because he had dinner with a Paul Allan lookalike the week prior or something?

Dubs.

You'll check these dubs

this is the correct view. everything was 'real' except that final massacre spree where things spiral completely out of control. the rest happened, but nobody has any desire to inquire about it except for the green goblin

Attached: paul.jpg (1200x797, 186K)

Bateman is gay

It was all in his head.
Check'em

Attached: Four.jpg (400x400, 30K)

Check’em fags

Attached: DCE0AE25-CCC9-462A-A2E4-7F03BB041108.jpg (603x389, 40K)

Checked

Dubs

Nice, very impressive.

Attached: 1561866403809.jpg (252x249, 22K)

FEED ME A STRAY CAT

Attached: FEED_ME_A_STRAY_CAT.jpg (500x281, 15K)

Very nice.

Movie makes no sense at all if he really did kill people

Attached: 1543772692425.png (582x384, 151K)

I think all of it was real, why not?
the point of it was that he had manipulated his perception in some way as in an act of magic
hence why he got away with it all and was absolutely never seen to be anything other than a high powering wall street guy
you change yourself and the whole world changes

The ending shot makes me think that it was all real and what the landlady and lawyer tells him disturbs him as he realizes that killing him makes him no different than anyone else. In their own way they are just as brutal as him. He’s just one of the many American Psychos.

imagine not getting fucking blatant satire

next you are going to tell us that the parrot sketch is real

No it was all real, even the feed me a cat message. He is just so rich and well connected that when he fucks up it all gets covered up and taken care of.

What sorta group of people would cover up such heinous crimes?

Things Yea Forums can't talk about:

Simpsons
Batman
American psycho
Quinten
Black actors

What am I forgetting?

Attached: ef7.png (375x523, 299K)

Digits and everyone in this thread is now the protagonist of a young adult fantasy novel

Attached: 9E8DF7A5-AB88-49D5-8202-0B8235667847.jpg (300x301, 17K)

whatever nerd, dubs

cringe thread with no dubs

Here you go

Attached: 1543939777278.png (551x550, 334K)

Weak

Attached: 761F8ABD-C3F7-4843-87FC-F53808DD82A4.jpg (544x499, 42K)

You missed the point entirely

Interesting take. How'd a nitwit like you get so classy?

none of it was real, the real batman was the homeless guy tripping balls on cat urine and he imagined the whole thing

This is now gospel

Attached: F09134A7-AD2A-43AE-B6E0-790B84906A90.jpg (255x198, 9K)

>What am I forgetting?
First hand experiences about love, romance, and sex.

Not to get too off topic, but I never did find out how Bateman became associated with dubs. Like, I know it had to do with him pointing to the post number, but who came up with the idea of repeating digits holding such importance?

Attached: 2088765435308274796.jpg (458x373, 59K)

>but who came up with the idea of repeating digits holding such importance?
i did

has anything that originated on s4s ever made any logical sense?

K

coming right up

He did most of the killings but not always in the way they were depicted, for instance the scene with the chainsaw. And the team behind the film said themselves that they fucked it up and made it to look too much like it’s in his imagination. The whole idea of ‘did he do it or not’’ and the fact that is doesn’t matter and nobody cares is the whole point.

Like corporations do bad shit but there’s nobody accountable because it’s just a faceless entity that works hard to create a face for the consumers to actually see it.

>

i doubt s4s was around back then

From the one snapshot of him pointing where the digits would be. Maybe there was more batemanposting before, but from that, batemanposting began to revolve around dubs.
But batemanposting is much deeper and dynamic than only dubs.

Attached: Bateman.jpg (644x537, 38K)

Samefag

Besides the movie was quite different than the book which was more a commentary on the yuppie culture and far more ambiguous. The film made some great additions to the material but because age ratings n shit didn’t show the best scenes. Like walking around the house with head on his dick while ranting about whitney houston’s career or stabbing a kid in a zoo and volunteering to help when the mother finds the kid bleeding behind a dumpster.

Of course

sure thing boss

It literally does not matter if he killed people or not, that's the point. He can do anything and nobody will care. It doesn't make a difference to the plot if he has delusions or not although he clearly has.

dubs