Why is he so popular?

Why is he so popular?

Attached: rs_1024x759-190709153015-1024x759.stranger-things-steve-hat-lp.7919.jpg (1024x759, 51K)

Underdog.
Redemption arc.
Only character on the show with a semblance of character development.

Because he feels like he could actually fit right into an 80s movie, unlike 90% of the cast.

This and most of the cast aren't that likeable. The main kids were kind of lame in S2 and mostly shit in S3. Dustin is okay but only because he actually splits off and does his own things.

>kiko in the Chavo del Ocho Netflix remake

I want to kiss him.

Kill yourself faggot

Steve is based. S1 makes you think he's gonna be some generic Chad asshole, but then he turns out to be a decent guy and the most heroic of all the characters bar Hopper. He even apologizes to Jonathan and buys him a new camera, even though he was completely in the right telling off some creep stalking him and his girlfriend. A genuine example of subversion done right.

I seriously thought the writers were going for a hard redpill at the end of S1 that not all Chads are bad and being a nice guy doesn't mean you deserve someone else's girl. Too bad they succumbed to fan pressure in S2.

Attached: gallery-1471263742-st103-0402.jpg (768x384, 35K)

>the gigachad seduces a new wife every week
What did they mean by this?

>Only character on the show with a semblance of character development
>Who is Hopper

I like how he's nice to the kids. If you guys had a normal childhood you'll remember a few older, cool kids who were somehow nice to you and your crew when they could have been letting the air out of your tires and shit.

Normally it was the kids from big Catholic families.

When I was in 6th grade all the high schoolers on the bus were nice as hell to me and invited me to play Halo with them even though I was fairly awkward among my own age group until like senior year when I actually got to be kinda cool for a bit

You were almost groomed buddy.

Because he's Chad, but he's learned to be accepting of lesser, dorkier beings and helps them improve.

God I wish because their hot female friends liked talking to me too

He keeps me searching for that heart of gold.

Teenage girls like toying with young boys as practice, unlikely to lead to anything more than a kiss.

>was

lmao entendi esa referencia

>hopper has become so flanderized in the latest season. He acts more like what someone who has only watched highlights of the show think he would act, without any of the nuance of what made his character good in the first place.

>he's a Chad.
He WAS a Chad. In S2 his girlfriend pretty much breaks up with him via cheating and he just says "mmm okay", and then gets gayzoned by Robin. They try to play it like Steve enjoyed being gayzoned by him but that'd still have some real heartbreak behind it. I like Steve, but he's the artist previously known as Chad at this point.

I really dislike how the Mike actor/character has developed since the first season. This show would be so much better if he wasn't in it.