Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uzumaki_(film)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Western
Uhh... cultural appropriation much?

She better be a Chinese actress like the comic character

why can't baka gaijins just fuck off already

Fuck. FUCK.
i actually like the japanese Tomie movies.
they're going to fuck this up BIG TIME

Its going to be a black woman.

Are they any good? I like asian horror but I've mostly seen just the ghost/haunted house shit

>black MtF woman
ftfy

>Are they any good?
lol, they're alright. you've seen one, you seen em all. just read the descriptions, they're almost exactly the same. but they all have cute girls, creepy atmosphere, and japanese quirk. they're nightmarish and a bit trippy. run a bit on the slow side. i'm a bit of a weeb, so anything japanese gets a higher rating from me.

Attached: Capture.png (1574x796, 1.75M)

Netflix adaptation

i'd watch it only if the girl is cute and asian

I actually bought a Tomie shirt with Ito's name on the sleeve. I don't care how weeb as fuck it is.

I don't trust Hollywood to get this right. Maybe Del Toro if he was in full indie horror mode.
I remember getting them on DVD in a record store with random obscure horror and cult films. They were okay. Better than Uzumaki. Dunno if I saw all three.

Attached: ripple-junction-unisex-t-shirts-junji-ito-tomie-face-melt-long-sleeve-5367124656172_2000x2000.jpg (1335x2000, 222K)

It'll probably be exactly as bad as the anime adaptations.

The formula is actually easy enough to work. I don't know anything about this Quibi service though and Alexandre Aja is just serviceable. What kind of budget we are looking at? Hopefully they'll try to keep effects practical.

Lol wtf kind of phone has 3G? Also judging by the screenshot the model of your phone must be the same one they give nogs for free.

Attached: oCxGOLM.jpg (400x386, 25K)

Ito's actual stories aren't super interesting or unique, the art is what really pushes it over the edge. I'd be very surprised to see a good adaptation. I guess Tomie is okay because it's about 100x more grounded visually than his other works.

Oh god, those were the fucking worst
The story loses something in the transition from a drawing to an animation. None of the episodes really had that gut punch feeling to them the manga did

>all three
user, there are nine Tomie movies.

seen all of them, and the series has its moments
Liked the typical J-horror atmosphere and the theme music of one, the opening of 2 is nice, and Forbidden Fruit and Unlimited were both fun all around.

Yeah, it's really hard to translate it. I think you'd need a madlad like Peter Jackson or del Toro to pull it off.

I saw all of them and they are almost all pretty terrible apart from one or two nice scenes in each.

Yes user, buy a new phone every year. Consume, consume, consume

Here’s your Tomie

Attached: 068B0BB3-9939-47E5-8464-361B85E0AEBE.jpg (768x512, 64K)

so beautiful.... i have to have her for my own!

Does she even get roles anymore? Pretty sure her twitter whining backfired on her.

>ayo dis mah hole

But Tomie already got a live-action adaptation.

Why so many? Are they all different adaptations or did they just keep making sequels?

Yakuza money laundering, they make cheap adaptations of things and 50 sequels. Takashi Miike's career is mostly funded by this.

just kept making sequels

Attached: download (3).png (848x426, 45K)

Go live in Africa.

>black womyn as the eldritch thot
Believable enough

user, let me in.

Attached: s.jpg (500x508, 120K)

What tomie story would you guys like to see the most? personally I don't care much for her, I'd love an adaptation of the spiral

Lady next door is asking for you to come over at night. How do you respond?

Attached: CuOtylVUkAAW4M6.jpg (728x798, 213K)

probably the freakiest Junji panel. I'd call the police or something to do a check on the house desu.

Uzumaki? There's a not very good film adaptation. Could use a good miniseries.

>GASHUNK
I want to hear it in live action.

Hellstar, man

Oh shit, completely forgot about that. That would be fucking lovely

seething poorfag

Cast her.

Attached: shx6dsh963z11.jpg (778x397, 58K)

Uzumaki?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uzumaki_(film)

Attached: download.gif (440x247, 790K)

this looks like some shit a art hoe would buy at hot topic.

bruce jenner

ito's grease comic is the single most disgusting thing i've ever seen in my life

>giant ugly tall girl

easy

Attached: elizabeth-debicki-variety-facetime-interview.jpg (1000x563, 328K)

I’ve only read one of the books aren’t all of the books storytelling dependent on the turning of the page and big reveals? Can one of them actually be adapted to television or film?

Brianna Wu

Uzumaki actually has an overarching plot.

They actually sell a ton of Junji Ito shit at Hot Topic now after the anime.

Attached: 2DBCF607-5613-4331-A77A-637E6042FC44.jpg (411x555, 43K)

no, anyone who actually likes ito understands its his personally drawn manga or nothing at all

>This is your brain on high density urban centres
Your phone absolutely does have 3g as well, voLTE only became a thing very recently and before that ALL phone calls happened over 2G or 3G frequencies.

Your phone would be a peak retard phone if it didn't have 2G, 3G, 4G compatibility.

I would've said Black Paradox but its weird, kino ending though.

Attached: Black-paradox-Chapter1-03.png (808x1200, 452K)

Why would anybody wear something like that?

I just want a live action of Ms Fuchi

>Debicki
>Ugly
Say that to my face, you little bitch

Smells like broke in here

It's a shame that out of all the good horror manga out there Ito is the one they consistently go with. I get he's really the only one that has a big name draw for the west but his shit feels so...well one uniquely japanese but also a better fit for manga than film adaptations.

Basically I'm saying they're gonna fuck this up but I'd like to see a western adaptation of Kazuo Umezu's Drifting Classroom. A studio could probably nail that one.

smells like brainlet in here

>tfw all the pages I've seen from his comics creep me out so I've never actually read a full chapter before

Call me a little bitch all you want. I refuse to read or watch anything related to this shit.

Attached: 1544692269005.jpg (2000x1000, 983K)

pussy

Not going to trick me into indulging your fetish donutposter

can't wait for that aussie idiot to see it, and make a bait image with that news and JOHN BOYEGA
something like
>john boyega cast as a lead in the junji ito adaptation, elizabeth debicki will play his love interest

and then bump limit just like with bloodborne

Doesn't work when characters in Junji Ito don't matter in the least

>just like with bloodborne
what the fuck happened with bloodborne?

>obvious white weeb trying to keep japanese culture a sekret klub in order to maintain their weeb status because that is literally their ONLY identity

fuck off whitey, stop appropriating our culture

It's an old shopped pic of fake news about a Bloodborne movie casting Boyega and Debicki, back in the times she was posted around all the time. Not sure why that user is freaking out about it tho, it's just another shitpost

comics is a total shit medium for horror, the fact that you are afraid to read Ito's work is a testament to his amazing skills as storyteller

But still no Eva live action? What is going on?

Why would you want that, you retard? Shut the fuck up

Surely they will keep the Japanese names, at least for the lead characters.

I hope they don't do the white guy with Japanese sounding names like they did with Dragonball Evolution and the King of Fighters live action adaptation. In that King of Fighters live action adaptation, they already had Terry Bogard, and I don't think he was a CIA agent in the video games, but they made him into one in the live action movie and they still casted a white guy for the other Asian male. I think in the Anime that they showed on Sci Fi's Saturday animation, he was a martial artist searching for some kind of Mars armor or armor of Mars macguffin(don't know if I'm using that term correctly).

>often attending premieres
Is this really the same Junju Ito that did the comics?
He's always been an extremley painfully shy recluse who anyone could hardly get a sit down written interview with, and now.. he's attending giant public events?

He must be making truckloads of fucking cash if they've got him doing all this shit.
Good for him though, I guess. I just hope he's happy with all this popularity

>freakiest Junji panel

That’s not the monster model coming out of the swamp.

Eh, I'd say the protagonist being just a kid trying to sleep in the place wich should be the safest for him makest it freakier. But post what you refrenced.

Ito is more ridiculous than scary, and he's self-aware about it. Most of his inspirations are pretty mundane too
Hell, just read his Frankenstein adaptation

Attached: 2.jpg (920x1311, 364K)

>Tomei
>Uzamaki
Why do normalfags like the longest, most drawn-out shit of Ito's work?

SLOW BURN

>Insert nigger spic mutt Jewish fetish hybrid Tomie here.

Done.

Attached: bully.jpg (826x1200, 338K)

Zendaya
I'm calling it now.

This one is so fucking infuriating