Is it good?

Is it good?

Attached: MV5BMTY1NjM0MzgxMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDc4NTY0NjM@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg (182x268, 10K)

BALE?

no

Aye!

It’s fucking awful the acting is great.

It has some pretty dishonest movie shit in it, like showing random images of the california wildfire just to attribute bad things to him that he literally had no control of you

it's not bad. watch it if you appreciate good acting. I'm not a /pol/bab but it got too preachy for me.

it was edited by a 12 yr old child and left out the entire decade of the 80s when he was at area 51 / s4 cleaning up the mess the AYYYYYYYs left

It's okay. Oliver Stone's W. is superior Bush kino though.

Attached: w..jpg (220x330, 20K)

No, its comically bad. Its as stupid as the big short but this time everyone actually understands the subject matter.

It's really, really bad. It has no subtlety at all, and I say that as a left-winger who hates Cheney. It's not even entertaining as propaganda desu

Is the acting really good enough to make up for my lack of interest of this relatively recent period of American history, especially if it truly as inaccurate historically speaking as I hear it is? Historical accuracy is important to me, generally speaking, though if the story and acting are good enough, I'm on board.

Not really. Not sure how informed zoomers are of the Bush years, but there's nothing my millennial ass didn't know going in that was explored. The only new stuff, the Cheney's interpersonal dynamics, were made up for the movie. You'd be just as well off reading Dick's official biography.

watched it on a plane half asleep it was entertaining

Here is what you're getting user:
Adam McKay script that's way too ambitious for its running time. Badly miscast Steve Carell. Rockwell and Bale and Amy Adams are all fine. First half o the movie is pretty good, second half is all over the place: centers around the Iraq war but in an incoherent way. Ultimately an interesting character study of Cheney, at least, that in the end reminds you that he was merely a cog in a terrible machine. The people elected him and Bush after all, what did they expect? Was he a deranged old man in the end? yes. Was he EVIL? Not in his mind.

there is no historically accurate account of the events depicted, so I don't know what to tell you. according to the movie, Cheney did many things out of pure evil, so that makes it hard to take it seriously.

Hamfisted narrative but entertaining at least

Imagine a movie about Adolf Hitler which focused on his bad table manners.

No, i love everyone in it but steve Carell (who sucked of course) and it was the first movie ive turned off in probably a decade

same here, i watch most movies of the year during my 3-4 trips to Europe for work. Fucking 8-hour flights.

>actually buying the shit shoveled into your trough
Cheney was just a ruthless neocon, not some deranged mastermind psychopath