Is this a legitimate candidate for the most overrated movie of all time? It's not even that bad...

Is this a legitimate candidate for the most overrated movie of all time? It's not even that bad, but the cult of worship that surrounds it is honestly hilarious.

Attached: the dark knight.jpg (675x1000, 171K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qnwuK_CLm2U&list=PL-YAGcZLEbblm8Lc6r_FuLCSKx5RKqLMR
youtube.com/watch?v=94nMPZBCJM0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Every Nolan movie since Batman begins is a contender for that award. Especially TDK, Inception and Interstellar. Prestige is good tho.

it worked really well for me. i was almost crying when i saw it in the cinema the second time. it has so many references to heat which is one of my favorite movies ever. i started getting really into comics 5 years before it came out and this was the first capeshit to really even approach the classic kino feels

Attached: fdgfgdgdfgd.jpg (1920x1080, 123K)

Batman Begins and TDK were both standout movies. Probably overrated, still great.

No, it deserves all its praise desu

What made it so popular was heath ledgers death a few months before it was released in cinema.

Yes and the death of Heath Ledger gave it a big push.

It may be overrated buy it's still the best capeshit movie ever made.

Objectively false. Inception (and to a lesser extent) Interstellar and of course The Prestige are all interesting, solid films. Nolan is supposed to be consistently above average but not genre-defining greatness and he usually hits the mark.

The problem with his Batman films is that he's even more mediocre with them. They're more 'consistently ok' than consistently 'above average'. I think the consistency is confused with greatness for some reason. And then there are the rare instances that they're 'really good' like Keith Legend's Joker. Everything else about them are sub-par by his standards. The music is remarkable for being dull, repetative, and unmemorable. It's almost a parody of BWWAAAAAAAA. The aesthetic is Chicago.... it's bland and uninspired. They are meme films and are meant to be reasonably satisfying but ultimately are more comfortable and steady than exciting, challenging, or aspiring to greatness. I'd take 3 more flawed Inceptions, personally.

wrong

The Prestige is Nolan's best film, batshit is for children.

have sex

I've never understood the worship either. It's an ok movie, not great, not terrible.

>Heath Ledger's death
This is what I always assumed was the cause of the praise too. And his portrayal of the joker is really good, but it's not enough to make it a great movie.

>It's an ok movie, not great, not terrible.
Agreed.

Attached: anatoly-dyatlov.jpg (650x366, 41K)

Everything you are describing fits Inception and Interstellar the only difference is that these two contain more exposition instead of any visual storytelling.

Maybe, but that's probably on purpose. They're supposed to repel normies. The visual storytelling they do contain is pretty entertaining. Nolan's capeshit in comparison is mostly underwhelming with a few exceptions. What it tries to do is remain consistently ok, which is a hallmark of normie fodder. Face it, user. Those Batman's films were his attempt at cashing-in on capeshit and 'geek culture' by literally not making a film for nerds like his other films.

It's a good movie and one I re-watch quite alot. It's so tightly edited that it amazes me.

>What is Spider-Man 2

At the time, I think, it was pretty novel for the superhero of a big-budget film to not only lose his love interest, but to watch her get blown the fuck up to smithereens. Her letter shitting on him at the end was also a nice touch. And his failure to help a damaged man not walk off the cliff of psychological breakdown. And his being chased away by the people was sworn to protect which effectively put him into hiding.

Trying to watch it twice is boring because Nolan's a rather sterile director that never does anything interesting with his shots, but seeing it for the first time on the big screen was pretty fucking awesome. It's monumental for that alone.

>> The music is remarkable for being dull, repetative, and unmemorable

absurdly wrong. the soundtrack does a massive amount of work in the movie

youtube.com/watch?v=qnwuK_CLm2U&list=PL-YAGcZLEbblm8Lc6r_FuLCSKx5RKqLMR

It's the best capeshit movie by far, which means it has obnoxious fanbase of sweaty dweebs that cant stop talking about it.
Still, one of the best movies Nolan has made

by a guy that can do a lot better. You're missing the point. I'm not saying his Batman films are shit. I'm saying they're intentionally mediocre, restrained, and 'flat'.

fag
youtube.com/watch?v=94nMPZBCJM0

>muh Keith was great as the Jokester
You're intentionally picking the one and only stand-out performance. Everyone else is good, but sub-par by their own standards. I could have brought up how disappointing and normcore Gary Oldman was as Commissioner Gormless. Total waste of a great actor. But I didn't because I didn't want to cite its more exceptionally bad moments. The rest of the films are sufficiently mediocre to make my point.

Haha le epic chaos scene. Haha epic that joker he is such a prankster but he likes chaos. Dudeee that's so cool like chaos and shit and morality. Wow he is like a inverse of Batman dudee like chaos, genius. Le epic performance by Heath Ledger so cool and epic haha. That scene where he said why so serious. Haha epic my dude simply epic and so profound.

its probably due for a rewatch after 10 years lol

Cringe.

Reddit the film you fucking embryo.

>Haha posting
Mums going to freak

>Irony and reddit
brain fried by memes with no opinion worth posting, yet still feels compelled to post.

Well structurally it's just like that, you need other characters to be oriented differently. The fact that a character, who is interested in discussing *essential qualities*, or who people *really are* can steal the show probably serves to underline the character's self-assessment: not crazy but subject to counter-cultural visions. Anyway arguing that the Joker is the only decent character is like saying that The Shining's only good characters are the ghosts -- the ghosts are meant to upend and complicate things.

The Godfather of capeshit.

Saw it on opening weekend and people were snickering because of Ledger's weird voice during the pencil scene. Then the LOOKATME happened and you could hear a fucking pin drop.

i remember two face as the best performance in the movie but its 10 years ago so who knows lol

The 'only good because he died' thing is bullshit.

Did everyone love Street Fighter's Bison when Raul Julia passed? Did people love Transformers the Movie when Orson Wells died?

You must be underage if you like this shit. The film is about as thematically complex an episode of Young Sheldon. Ledger is the only saving grace of this garbage and even he is not great. He is good. The editing is terrible and action is completely clunky, so the action as a whole is not well done. The Two face plotline and him breaking down is done in an incredibly banal and sudden way. The whole film is quite stupid overall.

I liked Batman Begins more

>More simplistic plot
>More atmospheric
>Batman / Bruce is the main attraction and the main focus of the movie

Two face was good. That is what sets it apart from the other two in the trilogy. Every villain is great. Ras was good, but Scarecrow was lame, Bane was good, but every other villain was forgettable.

all capeshit fans are fags. no exeptions. every. single. one.

Despite being meme’d to death I consider TDKR a better movie.

The villain reveal with Ras worked a whole lot better than when Ironman 3 tried it. Mostly because Flame Nerd isn't nearly as compelling.

No. You could obviously tell that Nolan was tired of working on Batman with Rises. This is the movie where the only redeeming quality is the villain, not TDK.

Most Batman movies needs more Bruce Wayne... Even the B:TAS made one.

>The Godfather
Does that mean Logan is Goodfellas if capeshit?

based

Campy and dated.

This clown world got it backwards. Two Face should have lived in the movie and died in real life. Then the movie and actor would get the praise it deserved. The Two Face arc was the more interesting story and only ruined by Maggie Ghoulenhaal and her complete turnaround in character from the first movie.

I can do a Tom Waits impression too. Where's my Oscar?

should have won an Oscar for best picture

How can you be ad about batman fanbase, you a superman cuck?

No actually I think it’s well deserving of its praise.

Well that's just plain wrong.

>starts a new thread inside the thread

Based

bane?

It was always campy, that's not a bad thing. It hasn't aged a day.

>I’d rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy! Ha ha hee hee hoo hoo
Damn, that would’ve been kino casting

Attached: 481F201A-1BA0-4F1F-885F-D6E4C8E7A0BB.jpg (334x380, 38K)

>times you acted like the joker

It wouldn't have worked IMO. He has a great voice and he's a decent actor but he's too timid and anxious to have pulled off what that role demands. Ledger's Joker worked because the Tom Waits stuff was only part of what went into that characterization.

Someone this retarded should be kept away from a keyboard.

Agreed

Attached: 1C0B363F-4697-4440-B9B9-867CF485A432.jpg (432x440, 74K)

Yeah, and the death of ledger propelled a 7 into 9-10 territory for the normies. Idk which is more cancer though, I hate the "every movie needs to be dark" era just as much as the comedians with powers spam we get now.

have sex

is there any marvel film similarily dark?

2001 a Space Odyssey
Lion King (original)
Alien

All garbage or very overrated movies.

Attached: lion king.jpg (2700x1800, 400K)

you rather watch Thor, the God of Thunder, become a middle-aged fatass that sits home calling people n00bs while playing Fortnite?

Comedy right?

Attached: 1376442498121.jpg (811x815, 199K)

I don’t get how it’s overrated. If it’s not the best movie of all time then what is?

The second best cape movie of all time.

For the record, I called Heath being a good casting choice before it was cool (ie when the trailer came out). Before that everybody was all, LOOOOOOLLLL the brokeback guy? Too bad Nolan never made a decision that bold ever again.

It gave birth to mankinds greatest achievement.

Attached: DrPavel.jpg (1024x576, 61K)

infinity war

TDK is the best cape film of all time.

Marvel cuck.

it’s a pretty good movie carried by one really great performance.