I've stopped about 15 mins in, there's clearly a tonne of stuff left on the cutting room floor...

I've stopped about 15 mins in, there's clearly a tonne of stuff left on the cutting room floor, do you think there'll be an extended version?

Attached: alita.jpg (600x300, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

slashfilm.com/rosa-salazar-interview-alita/2/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm gonna say no because rendering all the CGI effects would be very expensive.

Of course there will be. Most of the movie is CGIed. They probably have a ton of stuff leftover to extend scenes with. It would be easy to just make and add more. That type of editing has been around since George Lucas fucked up the original Star Wars movie in the 1990s with re-edited and extended versions.

Holy shit checked
Also what if they save the cut content for the sequel? Imagine a 4 hour long kino.

Attached: 1551849422714.jpg (1150x1349, 296K)

What was the significance of this scene?

Attached: 1552268378157.jpg (2872x1198, 257K)

to make the music video even more bad ass

Attached: Discount Alita transparent.png (984x786, 571K)

There's only one scene that got filmed that wasn't in the movie and they never did any CGI on it. Cameron's original script was 180 pages (3 hours) and he asked Rodriguez to cut 60 pages out of it in order to make it a reasonable length. I think the movie worked fine as-is but some things probably got moved to the scripts for the potential sequels.

>stopping 15 minutes in
did you finish watching the movie at least?

Attached: 1557550255945 copy.jpg (720x680, 112K)

Nice quads

But sadly the only thing that will be extended is my dick.

Alita mi Waifita

Attached: ALITAGANG.jpg (1026x513, 84K)

Legit question, this movie was rather bland, characters were quite boring and a lot of the plot was telegraphed and obvious. Love interest was a terrible actor.

Why do you guys like it so much? Is it just the waifu aspect or something else I am not seeing?

Yeah not enough quips and low brow humor for you.

Okay, take the love interest character. Awful bland actor. His whole subplot was really obvious. It was telegraphed bullshit. Oh this is what will happen.

It seems you have the low brow taste that you can't even defend.

Just because you want to fuck a CGI character.

It's an anime adaption, that was okay.

That makes it a 10/10 to most people, as most anime adaptions are just pure trash.

>it’s an anime adaptation

One of the reasons this is a noteworthy property is how different it is from most manga/anime. So that’s not an excuse.

>a tonne
Explain this second how that faggy -ne at the end changes the pronunciation of 'ton' in any measurable way

Why are her eyes so fucking big? it makes me angry

>why are her eyes so fucking big
because that's how she looks

Attached: a32d43e9608315bc60f347d0b5b94f3e.jpg (534x404, 37K)

You mean that’s how anime looks. So the reason her eyes are so big is because Cameron confused anime style for character traits.

The size of her eyes is not a personality trait. He made her look the way she has always been depicted, he wanted to bring an anime/manga character to life and he succeeded.

Attached: 27cff4462a25e773fa84084d6b7a7962.jpg (640x480, 39K)

Hugo is a fucking piece of shit, the worst part of the movie

Everyone with any understanding of anime knows the large eyes are just a stylistic convention that exists only to make 2D characters more endearing. Any 3D depiction of an anime character dumps them because different mediums have different tricks to make characters endearing.

Giving Alita big eyes clearly worked because she's very endearing and basically everyone agrees that this is by far the best anime/manga adaptation yet.

Attached: alitabow.jpg (645x590, 78K)

My biggest complaint is that the background information on the movie's world in the blu ray extras butchers Alita's background. It says she had a fairly normal life until she was conscripted into the Martian military and cyberized as a teenager. Even if they didn't go with the retarded manga origin it still completely misses the point of her character and makes me question if they really even understood what they were adapting.

Is this how Asians see white people?

Yeah I agree I didn't really like the new backstory at all

I guess, but maybe only/mostly true asians (the ones living in their hives) will think such thing.

If it worked it would not have flopped.

>One of the reasons this is a noteworthy property is how different it is from most manga/anime.
What? No it's not.

Because literally "fuck you". That's why.

Attached: 1564506085880.png (450x246, 161K)

Everything about the movie makes it pretty clear they had no idea what they were adapting. A better functional backstory would’ve been having her grown to be part of the berserker program. Then a memory wipe and a new environment makes her something else. The one and only good part of last order is the (horrible fanfiction) vampire seeing her at both stages of her life, calling her a disposable razor in her first life, and a finely honed blade in her second.

It’s one of a handful of entires into the experimental senin genre. An attempt to capture readership of 18-25 year olds.

So probably know anything about what you’re talking about before speaking?

I don't feel Hugo is the worst part of the movie. The worst part is crybaby contrarian smoothbrains such as yourself who are so infatuated with hating the movie you can't stop obsessing and seeting over it.

It didn't flop though.

>*seething

she was obviously starting to remember the skills she forgot she had

If it didn’t flop, they would’ve started work on a sequel already.

It didn't flop, it was the 9th highest grossing movie this year and it's doing incredibly well in bluray sales

It has only been out on bluray for like a week, there's no way they would announce a sequel yet. There's script outlines for two more movies (plus the 1000 pages of notes Cameron made) and the 90,000 square feet of set is still up so they're clearly prepared to do another one.

It did flop. Being 9th highest grossing movie in a terrible year for movies doesn’t change this. Hell, it’ll probably be knocked out of the top 10 by year’s end.

Home sales aren’t going to give this a sequel. That only happens when home sales are incredibly disproportionate to box office performance.

That's pretty close to what I was thinking too, something that preserves the body horror parts of her origin without going into the stupid tumor stuff.
If they wanted her to have a more "normal" origin, they could have adapted that bit from the opening chapters of Mars Chronicles and had her parents killed in a pointless attack on a small town with a gravely injured baby Yoko getting cyberized to save her life.

>she was obviously starting to remember the skills she forgot she had
You mean like nunchuck skills?

Attached: nda.jpg (558x278, 64K)

>t. capeshitter with the attention span of a gnat

lmao your such a retard

>t. Men without arguments

Flopped
Sequel never

The tumor bit has a decent emotional payload later. But mars chronicle is entirely about bad things happening to little girls, so that’ll never land.

>Vampires exist in Alita
>Alita and From Dusk til Dawn are set in the same universe
>Caerula Sanguinis replaced with Satanica Pandemonium
Make it happen Rob Rod

I’m more interested in cheech Marin as a vagina salesman

>if they really even understood what they were adapting.

Attached: aiportraits_1563503895.png (900x450, 821K)

I saw an interview with Cameron somewhere, he talked about going to see the manga artist and telling him all about his interpretation of Alita's character and what she represents and the guy was just like lol no, wtf are you talking about.

>Sauce: my ass

(you)

Attached: 1562739710522.png (206x221, 71K)

I miss /alita/

Attached: 1551408860917.jpg (682x690, 96K)

I remember that too. It was back when kishiro had integrity.

lying samefag is a liar

i need everyone to post cute alitas

slashfilm.com/rosa-salazar-interview-alita/2/

>James told me something really interesting. He said, “When I went to Japan to discuss with Yukito Kishiro possibly acquiring the rights back in the ’90s,” … He’s sitting there in Yukito Kishiro’s art studio and he’s going on and on in that Jim way, super emphatic about the story. He’s like, “Here’s how I see her. Here’s what I want to make. I want to make the story of Joan of Arc. She’s just this badass woman leading …” Kishiro was like, “No. No. No.” He’s like, “No, I see her as Joan of Arc,” and Kishiro goes, “She’s a Ronin."

Cameron tells the same story in the London Q&A on the disc too

it was genuinely charming. felt like the people who worked on it really wanted it to be good.

Anyone have the brapalita pic? The one with the photshooped exaggerated ass.

Yeah. People who work on other movies really want them to suck.

WHAT?

>a brapalita pic exists
ok i need to see this for uh research purposes

bump4 alita

Attached: IMG_20190719_094519.jpg (1080x1080, 50K)