Waahhhhhhhhhhh

>Waahhhhhhhhhhh
>I get to work in a comfy office doing practically nothing all day while making 6 figures and getting health care coverage and benefits
>Waaahhhhhhhhh I want to work outside in the scorching heat doing back-breaking manual labor for $15 an hour, this office is too confining
>waaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Why was Peter such a baby?

Attached: w9tmr.jpg (1600x1213, 155K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panopticon
khanacademy.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He was being cucked

Gen X thought that their type of Office job was the worst it could be. (see matrix, fight club, and this).

they had no idea how bad it could get. Most modern offices don't even have cubicles.

back in the 90's having to sit inside a cubical staring at a computer screen all day was considered the worst most souls crushing job out there

It's a soul sucking job with a dizzying amount of micromanagement.

>making 6 figures
Doubt it.

You’ve obviously never worked for 10 hours a day being plied with hundreds of menial tasks by a bunch of lazy babies.

>waaah manual labour I turn up, fuck about half the day taking coffee breaks and then leave when the whistle blows
>waaah I wish I had an office job where I was personably responsible for an impossible workload and can’t even take breaks while I process multiple unachievable deadlines in a passive aggressive atmosphere

Go fuck yourself

Posting this from my open office plan. I'd give anything to have a wall so these people can't see my screen.

Attached: Unemployment.jpg (500x1000, 101K)

Actually what the fuck was his job anyways?

Don't think he was a dev like the other guys.

Peter is based. You must be a faggot nigger with no spirit whatsoever.

Back up in that ass with a resurrection.

no way did he have a high salary while being there. He probably was making what is equivalent to $70k, which is nothing in California. He would have bitched about his job a lot less if he had a sweet one bedroom apartment

Doing nothing is actually worse than having a fulfilling career. You spend more time trying to convincing fake your life than actually leading a rewarding life.

I wonder do you faggots deliberately miss the point of the movie just to stir shit up.

He was QA. He knew enough about coding to look at other people’s code and make tweaks.

I do nothing but watch Columbo all day and get drunk on the weekends. It’s pretty great

I know your pain. My manager recently changed the office plan and now he moved the one guy brave enough to call out his decisions right in front of his own desk so all he has to do is lean a little to have full view of him and his screen.

Yeah it sucks being part of a team doing menial low responsibility work for a set amount of hours, shame we can’t all work overtime solo doing tick box exercises in a high pressure environment.

Fucking this.
As absolutely soul sucking as 90% of modern office work is, it was at least some small measure of solace to have tiny space to yourself largely away from the prying eyes of the whole office.
Open concept is one of the most lowkey insidious corporate trends to pop up in the last decade. If you know anything about the psychology of the panopticon, you'll know why it's so fucked.

I'm now wondering if there's way to make 4 chan look like a spreadsheet or word doc.

Never understood people who think office jobs are so hard
I'm a mechanic I've done nothing but physical labor my whole life, I'd fucking LOVE to get paid to sit on my ass in air conditioning, push papers, and play on a computer all day. I still don't understand how to get these jobs.

Attached: uber office.jpg (1200x800, 179K)

Dizamn he probably was dealing with customers too. No wonder he wanted to end it all.

He didn’t make 6 figures. Most drones dont. Kids need to learn this. They think they are all going into $100,000 jobs after college, when most start at $40,000, some at $70,000 and rarely get over 100,000,, even after 20 years.
>inb4 exceptions.

Everything else you said was right though
Anyways the reason is he is white and whites need to feel productive to be fulfilled. Doing a pointless makework job for someone else isnt being white

What's hilarious is I work a job like this and love it meanwhile millenials are out there working on fucking pennies begging for a job like mine, top fucking LOL

literally just read a book and and get certified (actually is that easy and $300). Literally that easy.
wrong. There is no reason you should settle for below 50k even for your first job after grad. negotiate.

I would rather be a slave on plantation than work in office again

Grass is always greener etc. It seems great to sit in an office until you do it 40 hours a week for a couple of years.

> I want to work outside in the scorching heat doing back-breaking manual labor for $15 an hour
>$15 an hour
>1999

Learn how to type. Learn how to use microsoft excel and word. I think that's about all you need to be an office grunt.

Boomer or zoomer?

Trying to imagine having to work on a 13 inch screen all day. Yikes

Feeling casrophoic yet?
The amazing thing is research shows open office DECREASES face to face interaction

Attached: A377FFA9-CEF7-4FE5-A693-3705EC4CE72C.jpg (845x450, 271K)

>people who think office jobs are so hard
an office job isn't "hard," it's dehumanizing in the same way going through airport security is. It's more that the whole system is designed to treat you like an animal that needs to be herded towards being as productive as possible down to micromanaging and hanging over your head every moment of relief or small metric they can track about you. It's dehumanizing and you don't receive any kind of gratification from your work except that which is manufactured by your employer to once again optimize your output as a man machine.

Because he wanted meaningful work and bosses who aren't incompetent twats. Good luck with that in an office job. I'm honestly surprised he had coworkers with functioning brains who weren't spending their every waking moment trying to make him do all their work on top of his own while simultaneously doing everything they can to get him fired because of pointless competition.

>t. worked in an office doing a similar job

Well okay, remember this was the 90s, so with inflation it would be a lot less.
Still, under 6 figures is the super majority though

>most start at $40,000
lol fuck that
got a 75k job straight out of grad
you seem like you either twiddled your thumbs or you're retarded

I would guess 99% of open office plans are a result of new managers looking to make their mark before moving on after 2 years of doing nothing.

>tfw never learned how to touch type and instead just hunt and peck at super sonic speeds

Literally everyone has those skills though. You need connections to get hired more than any hard skills.

In most workplaces there are fundamentally two types of employees. Workers and slackers. Slackers stand around talking all day. They make friends with each other and their bosses. Slackers love working with each other because it's basically just hanging out with friends. That's why they're the ones getting promoted. We look out for people we like, so the most important thing in looking for a promotion is making friends with the boss. If you manage to make friends in high places, sooner or later you'll land somewhere high up too. All the higher ups are socialite slackers- this is important to remember.

Workers are the golden goose keeping the business running. They're perpetually overworked and forced to do the jobs of 2-3 people alone. Despite this, nobody ever recognizes them. Out of sight, out of mind. You will only ever receive negative reinforcement because the only time interaction occurs is when you fail to complete your (unreasonable) workload. This cements you as being lazy in the mind of the boss. Despite being the hardest working and most productive, you are devalued in comparison to the social slackers. Why? The boss just likes them more.

The bottom line here is that the ability to make friends is more valuable than any kind of actual skill or work you could do. Networking is king. Make friends with a rich kid because his dad will hook you up with a six figure salary sitting around doing nothing because hey what else are friends for? No experience, no diploma, forget engineering or computer science. That's what they pay the workers (half your salary) for. You're just there to goof off and chat with buddy so that his time on the clock passes just a little bit easier.

Attached: BD61D110-8642-40B6-A699-6E488FD5DE9B.jpg (550x847, 59K)

It's was the late 90s. Life was boring, and he was looking for a change

the office I work in was probably originally open plan back in the 70s
but decades of filing cabinets and cupboards and minilockers being strewn around the room have really made it quite claustrophobic

>play on a computer all day
Good luck with that in the office

Sounds like a solid marxist critique of alienation. But I bet you will still defend capitalism to your dying breath. Sad.

Imagine not having a laptop, a docking station and two monitors. Yikes

26 year old boomer

>If you know anything about the psychology of the panopticon, you'll know why it's so fucked.
Can you provide more detail on what you're talking about here?

Dont forget "wanted"

communism only gives you a dying breath.

Wow, this is written by an actual zoomer
6 figures for a Texas office drone job, and $15 for construction, in 1999???
Nice bait

Attached: f53.jpg (834x390, 138K)

clicking and typing isn't work

Attached: 1519594667285.jpg (259x194, 7K)

imagine being a wagecuck. Holy shit how sad.
>he's too dumb to figure out how to NEET it up

Attached: 1563922188525.png (320x350, 127K)

>millenials have been bred and conditioned to work in a small space with no autonomy and no authority over ones own life

>spending their every waking moment trying to make him do all their work on top of his own while simultaneously doing everything they can to get him fired because of pointless competition.
This guy offices.

You sound brainwashed

>he doesn't put a youtube video on in another tab and listen to it while working as slowly as possible to pass the time

this.
time to short uber.

Attached: 1474053558949.gif (285x212, 1.23M)

>6 figures

The guy was living in a shitty apartment with paper thin walls.

What was the point of the movie again?

>doing practically nothing all day

That's the problem you retard. You think he's screwing around browsing the internet? No he's bored shitless filling out pointless forms and trying to force himself not to look at the clock because he'll see only 5 minutes have passed and wondering what the easiest way to commit suicide is.

Oh! Boomer gonna cry? You gonna cry on the internet about made up hardships? Lol, dont even bother replying pisspants, i dont wanna read your butthurt response

this might be a stupid question but could you get away with reading?. take an e-book and copy and paste it into a word doc to read. perhaps even use the time to write your own stuff if you're into that.

Congratulations! Here's your one free internet, now get back to work.

Attached: Screenshot 2019-07-30 at 22.46.10.png (952x718, 952K)

Never NEVER work after hours unless it's an emergency or you get overtime and you never work more than your fare share. You get nothing other than superficial "recognition" and when you inevitably slow down you get reminded that you're not finishing as much work as you used to.

U r gay

Think about the etymology of the word. Panopticon.

Pan - meaning all
Optic - meaning sight, view, seeing

Combine the two roots and what do you get? All seeing. It's a technique used in prisons where the cells are surrounded by a central "viewing" authority. The idea is that there is nowhere to hide because you are being watched from all angles at all times. Think about whether or not you'd be comfortable in that situation.

I did, still it was unnerving when manager lurked around hunting for prey to scream and threaten

Latter is a baaaad idea depending where you work. We have access to any file on our end user's PCs.

Then it's his own dumbass fault. I work in a very similar position and do maybe an hour or two of "work" per day and I'm there nine hours every day.

Unironically i understand his decision to do construction. At least there you're always DOING something, and it's rarely pointless buseywork.

i work from home now for more. That was my first job after grad, autist. Not my current.

If you’re looking for someone to hang, it’s the statisticians who managed to quantify how much work you do and how well you do your job. Before that everyone was just hanging out, chainsmoking, hitting on the hot secretary and taking three hour lunches.

>I work in a very similar position and do maybe an hour or two of "work" per day
He says in the movie "In a given week I probably only do 15 minutes of real actual work". So then the rest of his 40 hour week is spent staring at nothing. Sounds great, what an amazing and fulfilling job.

The idea is the possibility of being watched at all times, not that you're actually being watched at all times. So you have to be on your best behavior since you can't be sure if you're being watched.

>tfw have own cubicles office thing but management took the door off before I transferred
Can't sleep in here though because it rubs it in the faces of the petty people I work with so I take 90 minute lunches and sleep in the break room no one uses because it gets cold in there and the WiFi isn't the best.

Not only that but in a lot of jobs you sign away the rights to anything you might create while on the clock so if you ever tried to publish your writing or make money from it somehow you might get sued.

Basically a panopticon was a theoretical prison design in which all the cells in the prison were built facing towards a singular guard position. The trick being that the guard or guards aren't visible to the inmates, so it's impossible for the inmates to ever be sure they're no being watched.
The psychology effect is rather straight forward, people are less likely to do what they're not suppose to if they're being watched. When you're incapable of assessing whether or not you're being observed, the average person will err on the side of caution and not act up.

Open offices effectively work on the same principle. Anyone can see what you're doing at any given time so you're more likely to stick to your work.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panopticon

You're so fucking worthless, you know that? en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panopticon

Back breaking manual labor is fun though, yeah it sucks but when youre done with a project it feels really good.
I would rather sit in a office chair pretending to work while playing Chivalry window mode desu.

>So then the rest of his 40 hour week is spent staring at nothing.
no, the rest of his 40 hour week is spent pretending to do work, not doing nothing. There's a big difference. Doing nothing is easy.

My point, you fucking retard, is that there are plenty of ways to find something to do in your work downtime.

after i typed i realised there's a way for soemone else to view what's on someones elses screen/drive. my old old computer room in high school had something like that.

I worked for a newspaper that did this to the newsroom when the new publisher wanted to "make his mark" on the place. It was the dumbest fucking thing ever - we were a small city newspaper, meaning that 95% of the time, there were maybe three people total in the newsroom, and we were all forced to sit right next to each other in this massive newsroom that had all the empty reporters desks. There was no point in having us together, either, we were all totally different departments - it would be some combination of me (layout/social media/analytics), one of the editors, and the print manager/ad sales manager. We only talked when the editor wanted me to put something on Twitter or whatever.

>half the day taking coffee breaks and leaving when the whistle blows

What did he mean by this?

Its physical too, physical activity produces endorphins. On top of that he's right there watching all the day to day progress of the structure being built, he gets to see the progress his work is a part of. You don't get that in office work. It's soul wrenching.

What can you do that isn't boring horseshit that won't get you reprimanded? Please enlighten me.
>he rest of his 40 hour week is spent pretending to do work,
Which brings me back to "boy I wonder what the easiest way to kill myself is so I don't have to do this anymore"

what office job gives you 10 THOUSAND dollars per month? the fuck

fuckin' A man. fuckin A

Yeah, my bad. The point is it's a social behavior reinforcement tool built out of the fear of the unknown. People are less likely to do something if they're uncertain of it. The difference between shooting a bear in the dark versus in daylight.

Good on you, mate, you made some strangers on the internet feel bad with your tales of success. Here's one more internet for all your effort.

It's about soul searching. He just did what he thought he was supposed to do, which was go to college, get a comfy desk job, etc. Then he realises that his job makes him miserable he works under a sociopath obsessed with the holy entity that is Compliance. In the end he realises he changes jobs and despite being menial labour, manages to get satisfaction. I have a family member who went through something extremely similar, high-paying office job, but oppressive manager. In the end he moved to a lower paying job and actually prefers it.
The movie is unrealistic in a lot of ways but preferring to work where he ends up is maybe the biggest offender, however, I would say it hits the nail on the head about job satisfaction overall.

It's called Alt+Tab, brainlet. Get familiar with it.

I honestly don't know how so many millennials are struggling to get comfy office jobs and salaries. Everything was just spelled out for you from day one. Do well in school, go to college, get a non-meme degree, get the job. Honestly pretty straightforward. There are tons of safety nets, too; if you weren't smart enough or couldn't afford the fancy 4-year state university, there were surprisingly decent local colleges that didn't cost much. Everything is laid out in plane sight. If you chose to not go to college, you can't really expect to get far in life. But that isn't some secret hidden by "the system", it's been told to you time and time again your whole life.

I'm 25 now and it's honestly pretty sad how some of my old high school friends has fallen in desperate attempts for cash. So many have turned to MLM pyramid schemes and gotten into even more financial trouble. Others lately have been trying to make it big as Twitch streamers, but average literally three or four viewers a stream.

For crying out loud, even a basic associate's degree at a community college is enough to land you an office job with alright pay. Just get a god damn education and move on with your life.

Attached: 1563484911351.jpg (612x612, 20K)

It's extremely easy if you have the right permission.

Construction is usually union work, which means strict regulations on how and when you work.

dude, keep being negative, maybe you'll start to wonder why you never progressed.

WAGIE WAGIE
GET IN OPEN SPACIE

Mutually assured destruction is key for slacking off in a comfy office setting. Your boss is probably slacking off too, spending way too much time on Facebook or something. The best strategy is just to be open and casual about slacking, and hope that your office has the "as long as your work gets done, it's fine" mentality. On particularly slow days, no one really minds if you spend time on R*ddit or something.

Attached: 1563337671966.jpg (500x750, 102K)

>whats the point of a movie

Why are you even here, bud?

I know at least a dozen dudes from my university courses who are making six figures at office jobs in their mid-20's.

Welcome to Yea Forums.
WHAT DID HE MEAN BY THIS?

>I'm being negative

You read your own words before you post them, right?

To go further -I'm bottom of the rung IT Support and I can see anything our employee has saved on his or her PC or shared folder on any server my admin account can access, which is all of them in this country.
It's a really good example of a position that has a disproportionate amount of power.

That's the worst part of that image, and I've worked in one of those incredibly shitty, loud, frustrating, hall monitor-y open office environments.

>Twitch streamers, but average literally three or four viewers a stream
My God that's depressing.

She must be way into his specific fetishes or he accidentally knocked her up, because he is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of that spandex clad dumpster fire's league.

>Anyone can see what you're doing at any given time so you're more likely to stick to your work.
This is bullshit though. You can’t work with 5 people right next to you, behind you and in front of you.
humans are always checking out the area.
Fun experiment. Go to a park and stare dead on at someone from somewhat far away and see how long it takes them to notice. Humans are always subconsciously checking out the area and turning their head to see threats.
Here is the red pill: people who work work, and people who don’t, always slack off. You don’t have to manage the first and the second can’t be managed

>Gen X thought that their type of Office job was the worst it could be
No. You know why office jobs are portrayed as soul sucking and terrible in movies? It's because movies are written by screenwriters
They are artfags who think MUH CREATIVITY gets stifled by the mere act of sitting in an office. These are the kinds of faggots whose only experience with office work is boring as fuck data entry jobs because they were too stupid for anything but minimum wage shit, and they project that onto the entire office culture

aren't IT departments one of those areas where you also get little actual work?

he's never done physical labor in his life
unions are notoriously difficult to get into

Most people forget that movie portrayals of things are almost always filtered through the types of brains who pursue screenwriting jobs, i.e. non-scientific, unskilled, drug-addled idiots.

I hope I never have your job then because I would abuse the shit out of that... Unless any actions you perform are logged and tied to your user account?

They grew up being told how special they were only to go through university and get a job just to find out how much of a drone they actually are.
In their there defense, a large percentage of office jobs are fucking mindless and unfulfilling, and theyve had the time to actually reflect on that and recognize it. I worked in insurance for a few years myself and almost lost my fucking mind. It took me sitting on my bed with a revolver in my mouth to realize I'm pissing away my life on meaningless horseshit for God awful people. Now I run a high end tailor's shop and I couldn't be fucking happier.

The other thing a lot of them are missing is having a family to support. It would be a hell of a lot easier to stomach the fucking grind if you were doing it for a wife you loved and kids you treasured.

Not always. I worked at a UPS warehouse for 3 years while I was in college and it was heavily union but we only got 10min breaks for up to 8 hour shifts. If it got past 8 they usually gave us a lunch but not always. Hellish work.

define

>alright pay

Why would anyone do this? I would genuinely lose my mind, I think I'd last a week before I assaulted the guy facing across from me. I wouldn't be able to stand it.

I do construction and most people seem to not be with a union

Depends what you mean. If you mean no work at all, then not where I am. If you mean:
>get request
>takes 5 mins to actually do
>takes 2 months and constant harassment to complete because one asshole end user/vendor/third party won't do the small thing they need to do

At any one time you could be juggling 5-10 of these plus an assortment of pure nonsense in between the real work.

Depends on the area, but for a mid-sized city at least 45k

When I did help desk you would get tickets or calls and have to hook up some mouse or unjam the printer so Suzy in HR could print her retarded breakroom flyers. Even the "work" you did was basically kindergarten tier and it was too support people that are totally worthless

Oh son. If only you knew how bad things really are

Attached: 9F9B0ED4-AF4E-4F4E-B666-23195D6A5AF2.jpg (1668x1482, 1.16M)

Normies pursue screenwriting. Drug addicts are just the good ones

I've worked office jobs and hard labor. They both have their ups and down. The camraderie and downright cavalier attitude of co-workers in physical labor is nice. Better humor, more colorful personalities, a sort of shut-up-or-put-up attitude. The downside is the back-breaking bullshit you endure for relatively shit pay and the hours flying all over the fucking place. Office work is usually populated by soulless ghouls desperately trying to find some meaning in the way they decorate their cubicles or put stupid shit on their nametags or what the fuck ever. Definitely more 'liberal.' But at least you know when you're going the fuck home.

All in all, I prefer and recommend office work. I actually saw Office Space for the first time two months ago and loved it. But the closing scene where he feels at peace for being in construction made me chuckle. If they ever made a sequel it would be two months later with him realizing he's fucking retarded and trying to get back to his old job.

That's why you don't accept that job/quit when they restructure the office like that
>go to interview
>see how they set up their office
>turn 360 degrees and walk away
Unless of course you're a brainlet whose labor isn't valuable of course, then you take anything you can get

Yes. I showed how it's easy to get a good job after grad and you're just replying with ugghhhhh it's not possible..... Yes. You're the negative one here.

Not him, but yes and no. Most of the time (assuming some semblance of competency), the brunt of IT "work" in the actual upper level is ensuring everything's working as it should and being ready when shit breaks, which it inevitably will.

Note I'm not counting the helpdesk monkeys cause that barely even counts as IT. I'm talking about the backend infrastructural work, managing servers, networking, telecoms, etc. There's a kind of popular saying among IT circles, which is "when everything's working, people wonder why you were even hired, but when everything's broken, people wonder why you were even hired". Something like that.

Sweatshop aesthetic.

End capitalism.

unions are based

>while making 6 figures
Where did you get this idea? Nothing in the movie implied this.

Furthermore, its hard to believe when you never had this kind of job, but it really does warp your priorities.

This is really only a thing for go-getter tech bros. I once interned in an environment like this and hated it. It's true - everyone is constantly watching you and silently judging. The people who like this environment are the ones who benefit from it - young software developers looking to make a name for themselves. I respect the hustle, but it's absolutely not for me (or most sane people).

It all depends on the contract they all negotiated, sounds like you and your coworkers got thrown under the bus, or your steward was a stooge and your union rep was a twat.

They didn't have Yea Forums to browse all day

>I honestly don't know how so many millennials are struggling to get comfy office jobs and salaries.

Everyone said that college is easy and fun but for me sitting through lectures and studying was literally painful. Sitting through a lecture it feels like my whole body is under pressure. Just after one lecture all I could think of is going to bed and sleep. I don't know how people sit through 4+ hours of lectures then study several hours and maybe even go to a part time job.

Attached: small brain.jpg (400x500, 47K)

A lot of what you do is visible... some not so much. If you work in Linux, any privileged action is super duper logged. I have to do a review of privileged actions each week in that OS and then my manager reviews the review. If you find ONE privileged action and the account user can't explain it, you are FUCKED.

Windows is more lax. You can get away with a lot. Now I don't use it to do anything I shouldn't, and I'm not even tempted to be honest. I like the end users but in Windows if you want to find who did what for certain things, you better really want to find it.

>I want to be highly educated
>since I want it, I am entitled to it
>I'll just take this loan, I'll pay it off after school
>no need to check whether anyone is actually hiring art history majors with a minor in gender theory
>wtf I'm in debt now the system is at fault

No, I'm just making fun of you for thinking anyone cares and being an ass about it. And you just keep replying to me.

The point of the movie is that he's retarded

Well, leaving aside the possibility of you just being too plain stupid to learn, people are able to sit through lectures cause they find the topic interesting

They can be, but sometimes you just end up paying dues in order to get fucked in the ass for 40 hours a week.

lol get a job, neet

I have a college diploma in office adminstration and a traditional 4-year bachelor of arts degree and can't even get an interview at Walmart, let alone a data entry position

You can make that much doing easy stuff like landscaping. I would be disappointing to spend a lot of money on college to wind up making 45k

Fuck that!

I am my first year out of college and I make 60k

Social species values social aspect in life. I sure fucking wonder why. Also no true slacker can make it far.

>college diploma in office adminstration and a traditional 4-year bachelor of arts

Attached: 1402418506990.jpg (496x379, 29K)

What if you don't find anything viable interesting?

Fuck lads i'm about to go through university, I have no skills in math or science but I'm good at writing essays and other menial shit. Am I going to be okay, what should I avoid?

Attached: Phonics versus “LookSay” or “WholeWord” method in teaching reading -iammontessori.jpg (1298x1414, 580K)

>Have no college degree
>Send out 1 resume to some company for shit and giggles
>Get a call for job interview
>Land a job

Now I work in comfy office in a logistics company and have a great salary.

I was unemployed for a long time and you know why? I didn't look for a job. I spent a couple weeks applying to over a hundred places and what do you know? I got a spectacular job, after a lengthy and embarrassing unemployment, making almost double what I made at the last one.

Niggas don't apply theyselfs these days, sheeit.

Meme degree, doesn't count

THEN YOU DON'T
GO
TO
FUCKING
COLLEGE
How fucking hard is it to comprehend that you may just be a mechanic or some shit

Every job has micromanagement now. That's what happens when you let cunts (women) enter the work force.

>what should I avoid?
Anything that involves math or science, apparently.

imagine not making money ghost-writing reviews for youtube film essayists

>all those years could've been spent studying towards a degree

Attached: 1562973015681.jpg (882x960, 76K)

I mean it's for an entry level job but yeah, college is an investment for future advancement opportunities. Obviously there's well-paid manual labor jobs as well. That's why people investing in a meme degree that will never result in anything are retarded

Everyone wants things handed to them, putting yourself out there and accepting rejection will get you farther than 90% of people.

Women entering the workforce was the single worst thing for productivity, male-female relations, and the family unit in this country. And I'm not even a Christfag, but it's pretty clear when things started to fall apart in a number of ways.

Attached: comped.png (858x617, 571K)

Thanks m8

Attached: 1548987371178.jpg (474x344, 26K)

>I have no skills in math or science but I'm good at writing essays and other menial shit

Unironically fix that if you wanna make good money

God, I wish I had a cubicle again...

Yeah what the other guy said, plus maybe try to find something where you have to write essays and other menial shit

Yeah, back in highschool I figured out how to get into other kids' files on the network and I would actively sabotage those I didn't like. But that shit was tracked and I got caught and almost expelled. I would have done the same shit to certain coworkers at my last office job if I knew I could get away with it. Even Yea Forums hasn't had such a detrimental effect on my faith in humanity as that fucking place did. I never understood what it was to actually HATE someone until I met those motherfuckers.

Be an underwriter or an agent for an insurance company. You'll want to kill your self in 4 years, but the pay is good and you typically get full benefits.

Math was my worst subject growing up and I got through a mechanical engineering degree. You could always do something like Information Systems, they seem to be employed pretty well.

i literally fall asleep being confined to a cubicle and i was fired for this

i need to move around to stay awake

College is largely worthless at this point. Your first couple of years should actually be spent at the community college, so you can ignore the diversit programming shit. Adjunct community college professors will not give a shit, because they know the CC can axe them at any time.

And getting to university, there's all sorts of bullshit.

>some dude in some gay ass biker jabroni outfit with a leather jacket tries teaching a bunch of slackers finite math
>doesn't bother actually teaching basic probability, just throws up math problems and says "You should be able to solve this"

>another math prof is an angry chinese fuck who clearly hates Americans
>gets uppity when a student says "hey man can you slow down a bit"
>"HOW DARE CHU NOT BE ABLE TO KEEP UP, DIS IS CHINESE MIDDER SCHOOR STUFF KEEP UP"

>physics is some mumblemath jabroni who clearly had no people skills
>the forced diversity classes are full of literal liberal indocrination

>just find a topic you like!
>when the university forces diversity bullshit on you

Honestly, that time and money would have been better off with a trade school or something. Universities are full of diversity hires and dipshits sucking up to the academic clique. Do you know how bad it is in American universities? All the teachers are playing high school popularity contests. All the "student life enhancement" bullshit is really just a way for those specific groups to network with each other.

cool story bro

>I have no skills in math or science
As an adult you should have the ability to know how to learn those skills if your degree requires it. A lot of colleges offer bridging courses too, so use those to brush up on those skills before diving balls deep.

>you need to at least have an associate's degree bro
>YOU DO NOT GO TO FRIGGIN COLLEGE
Lmao which is it bro?

There's no one size fits all answer, people just need to learn how to identify their skills better, improve on them, and market themselves to positions, or start positions of their own, which utilize said skills.

But all that takes a lot of time and effort and it's much easier to waste your 20s getting stoned and drunk and trying to stick your dick in crazy, so most people squander the most important period of their life and end up as losers who want to blame Society or The System for their problems.

I have a few. I can't abide boredom and I think being a neet would do my head in. Most of my income is from some rental properties I inherited, though. You go on and keep replying. Maybe this'll actually lead somewhere interesting, or maybe I'll just get bored and go jerk off .

It also helped drive wages way down because instead of only having half the population working, you have to account for having the other half filling your offices.

>that shit was tracked
That's why you always use InterNIC as the first hop you goddamn scrub

He probably did time and she's lonely and essentially takes care of him while he hustles whatever cash he can. You know he's got side bitches and she can either call him out on it or go back to being lonely. Different day same shit ain't nothing good in the hood.

>I have a college diploma in office adminstration and a traditional 4-year bachelor of arts degree
He said a degree, not an attendance award.

This is pretty accurate
>IT wagie

>identify their skills
Bruh they don't have skills

>>you need to at least have an associate's degree bro
Thanks for the strawman, I will promptly burn it in my yard

thanks

Thanks for the advice boys, this is actually pretty helpful. I figure so long as I keep my grades up and wits about me it'll work out in the end

Attached: 1563925399110.jpg (750x792, 288K)

I'm 23 and I've been perpetually fucked up since I was 17. I still got a Mechanical Engineering degree and have a salaried job.

>can't get an interview at walmart
Bullshit. I could remove half my brain with an icecream scoop and get a job at walmart. Don't list all your qualifications and education on the application or they'll know you're too smart to be there.

Kek now it’s heaven.

Nevermind 1999. $15hr for manual labor TODAY
top fucking kek.

Your post saying it was deleted you fucking faggot

I'm not American luckily, but why does it matter that the college forces diversity courses on you? You can still get a proper degree, no?

I have an office job where I also spend half the day on coffee breaks so I guess I win.

user, you might not be able to do work that you can find interesting. It may just be that your interests are such that they don't line up with what's in the market. In that case, you just need to find a discipline that you show some aptitude in and can tolerate doing. Mind you, I said tolerate. Tolerate doesn't mean enjoy, it means put up with. If you're operating with a binary, interesting and intolerable, then you need to fix that shit.

It's a stupid Alan Watts tier meme that everyone finds fulfilling employment. Find something you can do that allows you to live the life you want to live.

Turns out there's more than one other person talking to you on 4chainz, who knew!
Also, the deleted post simply said "Everyone said that college is easy and fun ", nothing about it being required, and the post it quoted is about how college leads to great office jobs
If you're too dumb for college you don't get a good office job

im almost 22 and technically gen z. but you say youre a boomer only 4 years senior

>their are combinations
yeah, whoever wrote this dumb fucking article was hooked on phonics as a child.

Definitely. What else did it bring?

>increased opportunity for extramarital relationships
>softening of a masculine environment under the guise of "progress", leading to milquetoast, ineffectual men
>providing more financial power to the half of society which already benefits from court rulings when it comes to anything financial or family related
>ego-stroking the half of society who's a slave to their own emotional states and normalizing a culture which tolerates irrationality

Congratulations, you've made it to the First Level, the fuck ya want, a boutonniere?

It's a Yea Forums meme

all i want to know is when i'm officially considered old

Hoyl fuck how are there still newfags who don't understand this?
>everyone calls everyone younger than them millenials even though almost all people posting on Yea Forums are millenials
>people get tired of it
>they start calling everyone older than them boomer
>zoomer for the reverse
It has nothing to do with actual baby boomers
Now lurk moar

>I'm good at writing essays and other menial shit
The market is beyond flooded with people with this exact mindset. Do not go to university if you just want to bullshit for four years. Go to trade or tech school, join the military, do something to get some real world work experience in a field you can begin to master. Later on down the road if you want to go back to school that'll still be an option. Don't fucking spend four years of your life and however much cash, yours, your family's, the governments, to """find yourself""". Those days are over.

embarrassing post

I'd fucking hate this because of my OCD induces staring problem. I need to at least sink back in my chair, blocking people out with my screen, else I'm gonna get the lock eye and start sweating and blushing and probably have a panic attack.

>Work in IT
>My teams job is to automate
>We automate tasks that hordes of offshore poos currently do
>MFW I am putting poos out of work
>mfw I am white
>mfw I earn 120k and am only 30
>mfw plebs think its 'dehumanizing to work I listen to podcast all day and make coffee then spend 2 hours scripting

LEARN TO CODE

>those days are over
fucking excuse me? when was i supposed to have them then?

kek I know of a fellow that suffered the same fate. I usually sleep for at least an hour or two everyday at work, and I'm not in tech. Good luck sleepy-user

>waaaaahhhhhhhhh I'm a wage slave and I wonder why not everyone would settle for a mediocre life just like me

Attached: 14123.jpg (598x600, 68K)

>join the military
I feel like so many young dudes need to hear the speech Mitch gives to Justin Long's character at the end of Waiting, yelling at him about how all he does is whine about bullshit and he should join the military. Sure, the military is a great way to become a Johnny Toughnuts type of loser, or a psychopath who abuses his job as a cop, or a PTSD stoner who sells custom rifles for a living, but at least it would give them structure.

Must be a zoomer. If you learn to type on a computer keyboard, touch typing should come naturally with enough practice, i.e. you shouldn't need to specifically learn it. But the zoomer generation grew up learning to type exclusively with their thumbs.

>6 figures
you must have never worked a day in your life.

I spent way too much time in my open office environment staring, as secretly as possible, at this one office-7 I thought was adorable. I'm sure if I saw her now I'd wonder what the fuck I was thinking, but damn I was a bit smitten.

any of those losers would be better than the loser they'd be without the military too

>get good job out of uni
>making more money than I could care to spend
okay Yea Forums how do I flaunt my wealth? you said women only care about money but I'm still a khv

Unironically this

>i know a dozen 24 year old millionaires
ah yes. i am also a saint tropéz jetsetter in a totally normal office job

buy me some steam games and ill put in a good word with the ladies

why didn't she just express herself with flair? I mean common, its so cool when a workplace lets you express yourself.

Attached: jennifer-aniston-office-space-806-0.jpg (650x614, 51K)

wagecuck here, I unironically envy neets. Some of you guys make more off of disability than I do breaking my back working construction. I come home pretty much every day, walk into my shitty studio apartment and I fall on my bed and I sleep. I wake up the next day and I do it again, and again, and again. It literally never ends, and I don't blame other anons on neetbux either, I blame greedy fuck boomer scum for devaluing the dollar and scamming an entire generation of people out of a chance at a happy life just because they wanted more social security to sit around and stare at while they waste away in Miami staring at the fucking ceiling

>(((Lumbergh)))

Agreed, at least they'd be productive losers with a shot at a family.

I fell for the trade school meme
now I can no longer do the trade I trained for but don't qualify for disability

No true slacker needs or even desires to "make it far". They just need to make it far enough to be comfy and have their own little slice of the pie. They're not trying to take over the world.

that dude is so handsome. He was even more handsome in Band of Brothers

I don't understand. If those evil old people hadn't ruined everything, how would your life be different? Does making more money make your job more fulfilling?

>implying that I meant six figures equals instant millionaire
You are fucking retarded

What would be the best office design? My guess would be either the closed cubicles or several smaller offices with 3-5 people in them. So you still get the benefit of being able to coordinate with certain people quickly but you're not in the middle of a massive open area either.

In their generation you could make 10$ an hour and start a family, buy a house, make a better life for yourself. If you're wagecucking, those are all things that are no longer within your reach as a man, and that's due to a few different things but mainly due to the dollar being devalued due to boomer greed. And that's an inarguable fact too btw.

>STOP whining you ungrateful goy, keep working and don't' you dare unionize

>LEARN TO CODE
what language?

one in which a fat pussied petite asian broad with Cs and a monitor strapped to her back sits on my face and plays with my dick while i type on a keyboard resting on my tumtum

So you would magically be happy in your job if it paid twice as much? I pity you

t. sheltered richfag

pajeet

most traditional employment in general is awful, but there's a special flavor of soul-deadening that you don't know until you have to sit in a windowless, fluorescently-lit box, generally immobile for 8 hours

doesn't matter how much you're being paid, what the benefits are -- anyone with any semblance of respectable humanity will want to die and/or escape. nothing is worth it

You forget that EVERY office job is required to hire disgusting harpy-like women and niggers who are 20 minutes late to everything. Oh and don't worry, you'll perform better than them only for them to get promoted over you. Also, if you want to banter with somebody, you will be promptly taken to a conference room where they act like a Junior High principal and write you up telling you in roundabout ways to watch out.

It's infinitely better to work a blue collar job/trade.

If it gave me a chance to make a better life for myself, yeah I would magically be happy at my job. It doesn't though, and it won't ever be again.

>dude the blood clots in your legs aren’t even that bad

Attached: 15E789A0-9738-4E21-BA05-F6490864194A.png (420x236, 141K)

>you would be happier being able to afford a house without crippling debt and creating a big white family
ermmmmmmmm maybe

I like how it ends with him doing manual labor and being happy. Clearly written by somebody who never worked in manual labor

>breaking my back working construction. I come home pretty much every day, walk into my shitty studio apartment and I fall on my bed and I sleep. I wake up the next day and I do it again, and again, and again. It literally never ends
None of this would change though
kek people who don't have their dream job are all retarded, I knew it

>while making 6 figures and getting health care coverage and benefits
you're fucking retarded

Having enough money to take care of oneself and family certainly is fulfilling.

Anyone else a wedding photographer? Seriously the easiest, comfiest, job EVER. You need zero skill. All you need is a good camera and the ability to take a straight picture. Not to mention 99% of the time the couple will invite you to eat some food, which saves on meal costs. Such an easy fucking job. And they said photography was a meme degree. Hah!

God damn it, I'm a fucking wreck socially but not smart enough to land an "autistic" technical job in a big tech company. I just wish I could do R&D or something similar, but I'm just plain stupid. Looks like I got unlucky at birth, being both a sperg and a retard.

Attached: 1434331065143.jpg (723x631, 65K)

found the richfag

I mean they're playing a game anyway, it's not like they're spending any time or money on this.

Decent bait

Except people revert to a base level of happiness real quickly when they get used to a new status quo
You'd still bitch about your job because you were too stupid to pick something you find fun

what is your (dream)job?

I've seriously been wondering this most of my adult life.....

Why couldn't he just prepare another copy of the TPS report? So then next time the boss asks him for it, he can just hand it over immediately in person. Clearly the boss is forgetful and disorganized, but why make yourself suffer?

In the past, the rest of us would put a mace in the hand of someone like you and send you off on the front line to get merc'd by some knuckle dragger.

>dream job
A job is you doing something that your boss tells you to do. I don't see how that whole activity can be my dream. I don't think I'm brain damaged enough. I'm sure being self employed can be good, but I will never enjoy following orders no matter how great those orders are

>traditional 4-year bachelor of arts degree
Don't tell them this and you'll get a job.

>no lockers or drawers for your stuff
>tiny screens
>drastic overhead lighting to induce glare you have no control over
>no desk space for any form of notes or office supplies
>no privacy in any direction
Unironically my idea of purgatory

The thing about having a job that involved manual labor is usually that you don't have to think too much, leaving you hours upon hours of time upon which you can think or daydream or whatever you want to do in your mental space.
If you are held the least bit accountable for your time at a desk job, you spend all your time thinking about banal nonsense, like how to compose an email that won't result in one of the recipients going apeshit, or why some particular number is fucked up, who fucked it up, and how to correct both the number and the fuck up.
This is just my experience, I would imagine a managerial job involving manual labor wouldn't be much different in terms of correcting fuck ups.

Programming of course, I'm an autismal Yea Forums poster after all
>A job is you doing something that your boss tells you to do
Sure, but what if he's paying you for something you'd do happily do as a hobby in your free time otherwise?
>but I will never enjoy following orders
Well I'm sure you'll grow up sometime, but it sounds like your dream job for now is giving orders, no?

>there aren't 6 BILLION dream jobs
i wonder why there are wars and criminals and stuff

The 'toxic straight-white-male office worker' subgenre

>American Beauty is a 1999 American romantic drama film written by Alan Ball
>Ball is gay and has been called "a strong voice for [the] LGBT community".[19][20]
>produced by Bruce Cohen / Cohen was born to a Jewish family / also produced GVS's Milk

>Fight Club is a 1996 novel by Chuck Palahniuk
>Palahniuk openly declared his homosexuality on his website.[42]
>produced by Arnon Milchan, an Israeli arms dealer and Mossad plant in Hollywood

>The Matrix is a 1999 science fiction action film written and directed by The Wachowski
>Lana is the first major Hollywood director to come out as transgender.[7]. In March 2016, Lilly Wachowski also came out as a transgender woman
>produced by Joel Silver / His family is Jewish.[2]

>American Psycho is a novel by Bret Easton Ellis, published in 1991
>Ellis explained that he does not identify himself as gay or straight; he is comfortable being thought of as homosexual, bisexual, or heterosexual, and enjoys playing with his persona, identifying variously as gay, straight, and bisexual to different people over the years.[15] "I think the last time I slept with a woman was five or six years ago, so the bi thing can only be played out so long," he clarified. "But I still use it, I still say it."[18]
>Produced by Edward R. Pressman / Pressman was born to a Jewish family[1]

>Falling Down is a 1993 thriller film directed by Joel Schumacher
>Schumacher has been openly gay throughout most of his career
>produced by Herschel Weingrod and Arnold Kopelson / both Jewish, Douglas Jewish

>Office Space written by Mike Judge
>not gay but was willing to create anti Trump propaganda
>produced by Michael Rotenberg, also King of the Hill's producer (ie Judge is just his puppet),
>Rotenberg met Israeli deputy foreign minister Daniel Ayalon in November 2010 to discuss how to portray Israel in movies. "This will help our story to be told and this could become a great tool to brand Israel"

Attached: 1531828817931.png (997x423, 220K)

You might think it doesn't matter, but it clearly does. Your average uni forces you to take around 4 diversity classes, for 3 credits each. A little under 1/10th of your total schooling time is with these worthless classes. What doesn't help is that your fellow peers, aka the people you hang out with? And think about it, your specific class isn't the only one going on. These diversity programs are gigantic and ultra-inflated, serving no real purpose at all. Like "History of African Dance," or "Feminist Latina History through the Centuries." These shitty departments have no point, other than to drain university funds (that could go to actually fixing crumbling infrastructure).

These shitty deparments also have their own professor clique, who can browbeat other professor cliques to follow their insanity. Think of it like high school. You'd think these worldly and so-called intelligent professors would be above this petty bullshit. Oh no, a redpill is realizing that everyone in power is a stupid, petty, paranoid man-ape, just like you.

Do you remember those "student life ehancement" clubs I was talking about? A large chunk of those are very much racial exclusive, usually black, latino or asian. These are all racially motivated cliques, designed to help their specific minorities. So if you're part of the network, you get better shit. You might get juicier internships, better TA work, so on so forth. Of course, the academic cliques have their fingers in that "student life enhancement" shit as well. Why not? Fresh blood and new recruits.

It's all interconnected, it's not just the classes themselves, but what sort of machinations go on behind the classes.

COPE, neet
what shit college did you go to

My dream job is to spend a week getting fucked up and banging every hot whore around, then get sent off into a life and death battle. I'd probably die, but goddamn would I have lived all the way up to the bitter end.

jesus christ how horrifying

t. work-from-home masterrace

Attached: 1538443752469.jpg (768x1024, 126K)

How the fuck did you manage that. Wal-Mart hires people right out of high school, like me.

Then I worked my way into being a manager.
Then I parleyed that experience into a job in county government. Now I get 4 weeks of vacation time a year and there's a good chance I could be seeing a big promotion soon, because all the department heads here are old as fuck and this place loves to promote from within. People don't know how to make the most out of the situation their in. I laugh whenever I see one of my old walmart coworkers complaining on Facebook about "the system" when they got fired from Walmart years ago because they literally could not stop themselves from calling out "sick" 8 times in a 6 month period(actual WalMart policy)

"fun" jobs don't usually pay as well which makes it difficult to be "happy"

if someone goes there whole life not being able to pay for a doctor or good food ect and then acquire the ability to do so they will not revert to that level of unhappiness.

In Humanities these classes basically make you unlearn anything real and true.

>wagies try to make fun of and belittle NEETs
>then they go and make 300+ post complaining threads like this

Attached: 1564476485220.gif (635x640, 3.28M)

different user,
sometimes a degree puts people employers off for wagie jobs. they think that they'll leave any moment. which user might.

>The thing about having a job that involved manual labor is usually that you don't have to think too much, leaving you hours upon hours of time upon which you can think or daydream or whatever you want to do in your mental space.
well articulated
the most physically demanding jobs can sometimes feel the least busy
t. trailer loading pro

>Matrix
The job was boring but it is the society around it that was the real problem there.
>fight club
Again, part of a larger societal commentary
>This
It's a wish fulfilment comedy about telling your shitty job to get bent. It is even self aware enough to shit on other jobs, but most commentators forget about this for some reason.

>he's paying you for something you'd do happily do as a hobby
That doesn't happen. I worked as a 3D artist in vidya for past 5 years and I make vidya in free time. But creating your own vidya and creating vidya for some dude the way he tells you to create it are two completely different things. I don't see how I can enjoy spending my life making somebody else's dream game. Unless it's my dream game I'm making, I'm wasting my time

Shoes, watches, car, house.

neet. cope.
Based

you can't do a hit post on mike judge.

bloke is the most balanced guy in hollywood. always seems really chill, non judgemental and on the level.

if everyone was a bit more like mike judge, the world would be a decent place.

Eat more and you will be less tired

>muh vidya games
>3d artist
Jesus christ there's really nothing that can make artfags happy, is there? Your first mistake was working in videogames

I didn't choose to be born this way, user. Nothing will say to me will change the fact that life is garbage and, at least to me, the game was rigged from the start. Wish you all the best.

Attached: 1563593631325.png (970x542, 257K)

>Arts student
>Was planning to go for teaching but realised it's a fucking scam in my country with the pay and I don't like working with teens or kids
>Realize I'm not smart or brave enough to risk academia and how cutthroat it is to receive any kind of position as a lecturer
>Been working temp roles in government offices since 18 to pay for college
>Try to land permanent roll as a civil servant in a low effort office position till I can figure my life out
>After months finally get it
>Find out on day one I was hired for the IT department
>Which consists of one other person that is desperately overworked
>Who complains to me about how its so bad they themself have not been able to up-skill or get trained on new tech in years
>And who tells me not to expect any formal training since managenent is shit so I'll need to learn on the job
>Both they and the overall head of the office were surprised I have zero relevant experience but zero hope of getting moved to another section I can get by in

send help, i really need this job but i am in no way qualified for this shit and it's only a matter of time till i fuck it up

The only good "job' i ever had was selling dope. I got fucked up everyday,hung out and did whatever i wanted. But now i regretfully have no skills and struggle at a base pay of 17 an hr. It's this wagecuckery or prison *sigh*

Palahniuk's point was that if such a thing as toxic masculinity exists, then there's such a thing as toxic femininity too. (those terms are a bit contemporary but still). Same with one flew over the cuckoos nest (also written by someone you'd call leftist). Some of my lefty friends claim these authors and others like vonnegut were 100% ironic and that their work should be looked at as "here's how NOT to think" but that just seems ridiculous given how powerful some of it is.

The point was he already fixed the tps report and he was still being lectured

>>Arts student
stopped reading

>Arts student in IT position
user, I...

Attached: cough.jpg (833x544, 71K)

Pretty much this.

Not everyone is a left-brained automaton you automatist

I heard that a lot of drug dealers are just dumb and dumb about money especially and barely break even at times but they dont even care
how do you do it intelligently
if i were to get into it my motivation would only be that it seems cool, you know like, i could be like "heh yeah im cool and shady and edgy and i do illegal shit heh"

This. I doubt directors ever worked in anything useful, so that's how they see "office jobs". If you're a developer, electrical, mechanical or civil engineer it's quite obvious you'll be working in an office.

Attached: 1518309734959.jpg (271x271, 8K)

Its not easy at all fag

I'm kinda fortunate in the sense I'm tech literate enough to know about shit like VMs, raid setups, etc. secondhand but yeah I have zero useful knowledge I can actually use to do anything more than replacing toner or troubleshooting basic problems like needing to update a driver right now.

I'm cramming at night but it's not easy to figure this shit out in any useful sense so fast and on my own.

Don't really blame you especially considering I'm a failure as one.

Being a salesman in general seems like a shit job unless you're dealing in large scales, which is very dangerous with illegal drugs.

t. harebrained shutterbug

my friend's sister-in-law did our photos and she's one of the stupidest people i know. literally took a year off to go play bongos in africa. the photos turned out just fine.

>why is this movie about people in shitty data entry jobs showing how shitty those shitty data entry jobs are?
You're a quick one, eh?

different user.
it sounds terrible. there's so much pressure on getting everythig perfect for the day. expecially when something small and create a big problem.

If you want to update a driver just watch a tutorial or something, it's not that hard. You're working IT support? don't worry, literally anyone can do it, just search it on youtube or something.

The last group to get that was Gen X. If you're of a more recent generation you're fucked in that respect.

cope harder, I'm sure a big studio will pick up your screenplay any day

t. Someone whose never worked an office job

i'm a motion graphics animator who used to do gardening work to pay the bills.

the gardening work was backbreaking stuff and you'd be out in every kind of weather, but when you knocked off for the day i felt exhausted in a good way. like i was an actual human being.

i get $400 a day freelancing doing motion graphics in a pleasant office with all mod cons, 4x what i'd ever earn gardening, but would swap jobs back in a second if i got paid the same doing manual labour.

there's a very specific kind of awful exhaustion that comes with crunching over an after effects project or mountain of code. it's like a total mental fatigue that cripples every part of your body and leaves you feeling dead inside and out. you can go to the gym or whatever if you have the stamina but even that feels artificial and prescribed, not to mention you'll want to spend what little time you have to yourself doing precisely fuck all.

it's no way to live.

Now die you QA bastard

That was how most of em were. You have to treat it like a real business. The first thing you do is make back your score money (this is the money that you must keep at all times to get product to sell). And you must have score money at all times.You must have multiple sources to buy product because if you run out constantly you miss out on money. But more importantly you will look wack and not get return customers. Return customers are the most important aspect.You need people to like you and your product enough to not do business with other drug dealers. You can't sell out of your house because you should have so many customers that you will draw attention to yourself. Also people will threaten you knowing where you live. That's why the "trap" exists. I could go into detail forever but the basics is to treat it like a real business.

Here's hoping, faggot.

I am working on my accouting degree. Any advice? I am pretty clueless

Speak for yourself. My last job made it so that the only way to get your work done was to work late. Everyone brought work home. I tried to do what I could 8-4:30 but got fired because I wasn’t getting enough done. Turnover was high as fuck and everyone in my office had left three months after I was gone. Now I have to specify in my resume not to call my old job because they shit talk my work performance to anyone who contacts them... really unprofessional

They're lying about their salaries

cope

About to start my second year of college at a (((selective))) liberal arts school with 3.0 gpa. Econ major with cognitive science minor + considering comp sci minor. What are my real chances of getting an easy and comfy office job for a good salary

You wouldn't believe how much after-office sex (and in-office sex) occurs. I wouldn't work anywhere else. Its a pussy buffet.

Attached: -799845_ORIGINAL.jpg (334x500, 29K)

the first week I arrived at my job I had to attend a mandatory meeting on why gossiping and not communicating up front was bad (I was the first male hired for this shift at this point) I wouldn't be surprised if HR is just there to manage womens incessant squabbles

All 1999.

Yes, we can see that you are coping.

don't ever do audit

I can't agree
I worked as a welder for about a year, it was god awful. Waking up early as fuck on a cold day to go work with cold metal. Or the opposite on a hot day. Working with complete retards and assholes. I felt like a zombie every time I got off, I'd drive home and not remember doing it. Then I'd sit at home too exhausted to do anything, wouldn't want to nap because then the day would be over faster, but at the same time all I wanted to do was nap. It was hell

with that shit apartment he was making 50k at best. I make 50k, live in denver and can do way better

i sole a felonious amount of money from a job once. i shaved off a few dollars from every transaction for years and kept it all for myself. everyone knew i was doing it and it didnt matter. fuck the customer. they never knew any better. as long i was making my sales it didnt matter if i was abusing the discount prices that were widely available. how does one sleep with that on their conscious? they sleep in their brand new car with that in their conscious. that's how. i literally quit my sales job where i stole money to start a construction business. this movie became too relatable for me in time and i can't watch it without thinking about the house i could have bought if i stuck to it. it ate away at my soul stealing money from people and even in the later days of my sales job i was trying to help people buy shit online and not from my chain.

Not impossible, but not overly likely unless you get lucky or land a good internship that feeds into a good job. Econ can lead to good employment, but rarely at the bachelors level. The cog science does absolutely nothing for you, but the comp sci could be useful depending on the courses you took, what you took away from it, and whether you can actually do that shit outside of a classroom environment. You would not believe how many classroom heroes with straight As can't do shit outside of a classroom because there's no one handing them assignments with a clear path to success.

To increase your chances of success you should bust your ass to get the best internship(s) possible and consider picking up a masters for your econ.

post your age and wage or salary

im 25 and make $13 an hr

well its not cold if you weld it huh

>post ur salary
>posts his hourly
you are living in poverty my friend

Everyone tells me your start In audit or tax. Tax is better?

thats why i said wage or salary you dumb esl

Grad school doesn't appeal to me but I will consider the masters. My dad was an economist before he passed away and left behind a bunch of his code / forecasting tools he made. I'm thinking of using comp sci to expand on that

>I'm thinking of using comp sci to expand on that
This is the best reason to pick up a minor in IT or CS. Learn enough to create apps based on expertise in other fields. Best of luck, user.

khanacademy.org/
fix your math problem

>b-b-bu mu anecdote
dude this doesn't change anything he said, even if you did make that starting out, six figures are still uncommon on the national level yet too many dipshits still expect to make them

I was making a base pay of 17 and have made as much as 26 an hour unless you count overtime. But i got sick of the hours and driving so much and they refused to raise my base pay even though i learned how to finish the concrete and bought all my finishing tools.

I've been all over the place recently between 13 and 17 and i was never making enough in the first place.

Six figures. Not seven. Dingus.

>Does making more money make your job more fulfilling?
Yes obviously

my day rate is $450. my salary is how much of the year i can be assed to work.

i could make $130k a year if i worked like a wagecuck. as is i probably make about $50k and spend the rest of my time travelling or NEETing out. it's pretty sweet.

>Not everyone is a left-brained automaton you automatist
You do realize that the whole "Left brain/Right brain" thing isn't real right? """""Creatives""""" still like to fling it around like retards because it makes them feel different, or elevated from others when really it just outs them as not actually as smart as they see themselves.
You're not really selling yourself here user.

Attached: 1510345287180.gif (720x540, 1.62M)

>the whole concept of subconsciousness and consciousness isn't real

Yeah, nice one poindexter.

Also, creativity demands a different kind of intellect than your soulless calculations. You're just mad that you will never be able to express your feelings into art.

Oh wait, you have no feelings.

Attached: 1564261924588.gif (360x346, 170K)

nah, it's a real thing.

i work in a field which demands inviduals to be creative and technically efficient and you really see the two polar opposites.

you'll have one guy's after effects comp that is a model of organised perfection, and they can go a whole day working without so much as barely alt tabbing. but you know whatever they make will feel rigid and mechanical.

then you have others whose comps are a fucking bomb site and will have to kill themselves to get shit done because they're so easily distracted, but whatever they come up with usually has that extra bit of something that you want to put forward to the client.

once you land A job make sure you don't stop looking around for a better one. Most people who complain about their job never do anything about it