How does Star Trek Voyager compare to TNG, TOS, DS9 or ENT? I've basically watched everything but Voyager at this point...

How does Star Trek Voyager compare to TNG, TOS, DS9 or ENT? I've basically watched everything but Voyager at this point, but I'm reluctant to watch it because I heard really lot of bad shit about it.

Attached: Voyager.jpg (2500x1667, 548K)

It's better than Enterprise, so if you enjoyed Enterprise then you'll enjoy Voyager.

The badness rarely rises to the level of offensiveness. It's more the blandness that you have to worry about. You'll finish it and be left with an empty feeling, wondering to yourself "Why didn't the writers try harder?"

TNG formula with politically correct propoganda. It's not bad, it's just cringey for how smug it is and how safe it plays. If you make it through all seven seasons, you can also complain about it without admitting to yourself how good it is.

VOY has some stellar episodes (message in a bottle, life line, the omega directive, think tank, year of hell pt1+2, warhead, thirty days etc.). others are mediocre or bad. pretty much the same as with other star trek series.

go the fuck back to pol, and i am not asking

I just finished S1 and it’s been better than expected.

the set up makes you thinks its gonna be like ds9 (and sometimes it is) but it's really more of TNG. I like it but it's one of the lesser series.

>go the fuck back to pol, and i am not asking

Attached: 1564247449268.jpg (785x731, 101K)

Voyager is retarded bullshit for retarded bullshit people and is a complete waste of time and utterly irrelevant unless you're deep in the low functioning end of the autism spectrum. Honestly, nobody would even remember it and without the Star Trek name it would have been an uninspired two season experiment like Babylon 5 and Firefly which people acknowledge but don't really enjoy. Voyager was built for an aging audience desperate to still feel young and exciting, so in a way it's like Trek's midlife crisis where it realized it had peaked but still wanted to be hip and sexy so it bought itself another series just like what it had when it was a kid in the sixties -- a low rent vehicle to pursue inane interests and pose at a superior life. But all illusions must end, especially those facades created by an outdated franchise grasping for relevance, and so you have Voyager. The last attempt at creativity before Trek became an ironic retro interest sported as a patch on their jackets.
Trek is dead, Voyager was its last gasps for air.

Star Trek: Voyager is Red Dwarf without the humor.

I think you must have fallen for a meme somewhere somehow. Babylon 5 lasted five seasons, and everybody loved at least three of them.

Babylon 5 is boring trash by a hack talent. Everything about it was a retarded echo of Star Trek and never would have been made if it hadn't been coasting on the sci-fi craze at the time.
Babylon 5 is the "that guy" of sci-fi tv shows.

Its shit

>Use to rush home after school
>3 O'clock
>Spike TV
>Star Trek Voyager
>No one else watched the show at school
>They were plebs watching BET, MTV, and reality TV
>The show made me a patrician
>Then I watched G4 until AToS and played Smash bros on the GameCube

Overall it was a comfy show

Attached: sally_hemmings_thandie.jpg (1562x914, 152K)

>TNG formula with politically correct propoganda
I mean let's be honest here TNG was also politically correct propaganda.
It's almost like all TV shows are because they are all made by Jews.

Speaking of which, can someone recommend some NONE poz'ed TV shows?

>The show made me a patrician

Like others said it's stale TNG. It's biggest flaw was that it failed to deliver on its premise. The Maquis storyline never went anywhere interesting and being trapped in the delta quadrant never gave them any real problems. They didn't have to compromise their ideals or make hard decisions to survive. They even had the holodecks running. While there were high points (The Doctor and Seven), the show never really grew a voice of its own. Boring and safe, for the most part.

I couldn't get more than two seasons in, it was just so boring. TNG was the first trek I watched all the way through. Watched first three seasons of Ent after that but the whole nazi aliens thing in the last season was too stupid for me. Watched DS9 fairly recently and thought it was brilliant. I don't think I could face watching Voyager after spoiling myself with all of that- maybe I will watch some of the best stand alone eps according to other anons.

also this. Red Dwarf is brilliant and has the same throughline of "getting back home from deep space". Not only that, but Red Dwarf is hilarious and almost every episode pre-season 7 is complete gold. I don't think I could watch a show with the same premise with all the humour and brilliant writing removed

How autistic do you have to be to ask Yea Forums if you should watch what's widely regarded as the most autistic franchise of all time?
OP has to be either larping or impressively mentally ill.

It did
It set me on a path to viewing better Television and Film. It was the fork in the road, the split in the stream, Separated the wheat from the shaft

I was no longer watching shitty television after that

Attached: Hungry_bringing_the_beats.jpg (1063x557, 114K)

Try actually reading what the OP says next time.

>9 years

You're using that incorrectly.

t. Expert on Nine Years

Better than Enterprise

>should I watch Star Trek?
Try thinking about what you're asking next time. Just watch all of it or stop interacting with Star Trek communities online. You're either pretending to be retarded or you're a fake fan, so which is it? Either way you're a fraud and should feel ashamed for thinking we'd fall for such an obvious charade.

its the best series so...

fuck off

>fuck off
so this is the intellectual prowess of a voyafag

I just finished TNG and now I'm watching DS9. Everyone told me the first season was garbage, but so far (episode 12/13) it's okay.
Even TNG Season 1 wasn't as bad as it's always portrayed.

If you were raised by a single mom, or like hearing grown men say, "YES MA'AM!!"
You'll probably love it.

What the fuck are you two talking about?

Did you watch STD?

It's the comfiest Star Trek

DS9 > TOS Films > TNG = VOY = TOS > ENT > TNG Films >>>>>>> STD

I know that feel

spike tv and g4 would legit show tng for like 6 or 7 hours a night i think collectively. I remember when spike first got ds9 and they just marathoned the whole bitch mmmmm

tv isn't comfy like this anymore

There's no way Janeway would have been able to maintain control if Voyager were real. Women collapse under the slightest of emotional stresses and Janeway was proven to be of unstable mind. Women gravitate towards stronger personalities because they instinctively know their only purpose is for breeding and they need to be protected by their mates. In any tribe it is inevitable that one female becomes the prize breeding queen and she pairs with the most alpha male in their society. We as a species still follow very specific hierarchies and Star Trek's fantasy of a female captain is laughably absurd.

There are some good episodes

It's mediocre and whenever an actual good episode coms up, you better appreciate it because it'll be a while til you'll get anything as good as that again. That said, if you're not expecting much, it can be cozy. After watching STD, VOY becomes infinitely better. Also, the Year of Hell two-parter is imho in the top 5 best Star Trek episode(s) list and probably the best two-parter in all of Trek.

Fuck off, tranny

>Meme of Hell

It's quite boring. Nothing happens and if by mistake something interesting went to happen, then they would hit the reset button at the end of the episode.

There is a poster in Star Trek threads who is referred to as "Nine Years". He isn't in this thread and he has been identified incorrectly.

>He isn't in this thread
Guess again.

TNG = DS9 > ENT = TOS > TAS >>>>> VOY >>>> ABRAMS >>>>>>>>>>>STD

Attached: data rape.gif (336x264, 1.35M)

>He isn't in this thread
You sound so certain.

What he said....
picrelated

Attached: whathesaid.png (1215x273, 41K)

based and redpilled ranking

Attached: Star Trek Marc with Harvey Weinstein.jpg (800x600, 90K)

Star Trek isn't a substitute for a personality.

In what way did I say it was?

>TNG = VOY = TOS
You can't be this retarded

No one would seriously defend Voyager unless they're already immersed in a Trekkie lifestyle.

? There are a lot of bad Voyager episodes but there are some good ones

b-based!

Well with a stirring defense like that how can I ever reply? There are "some" good episodes. What an amazing series.

I never said it was an amazing series all I said was there some good episodes. Do you want me to tell you some?

BASED and sexappilled.

Attached: acquisition_136.jpg (1010x568, 120K)

*SNIFF*

Attached: Star Trek ENT tfw you see a nice bum.jpg (261x202, 47K)

Agreed

The good is on par with the good treks. Power levels were a little wonky towards the end. Voyager being canon and going home with all their data sort of makes a "new Trek" impossible without wormhole shenanigans with new villains. The Federation could unironically oneshot all the armies in the galaxy with Voyager's data.

Bryan Fuller, please.