There are like 7 different editions to watch. I want to watch this for the first time...

There are like 7 different editions to watch. I want to watch this for the first time, so which edition should I watch first? International Cut?

Attached: 3810.jpg (800x1200, 183K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_VseQe4TFsg
youtube.com/watch?v=h1SQ5ZrXsFs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I've only seen the final cut, but i believe it is universally accepted as the one to watch

4k final cut.

I recommend Final Cut and European theatrical cut. The assembly cut is interesting mostly because of soundtrack and scene differences.

watch em all, you shouldnt watch 2049 without seeing the original at least 10 times anyway

the one with the narrator voice is pretty comfy

aight, thanks. I'll start with the Final Cut and then go for the European cut.

I'm going to back this up:
the theatrical version with the voiceover from Ford is the version that earned Bladerunner a cult reputation over 10-15 years after it's original release.
The voiceover adds a lot to the film - fleshes out Ford as the jaded noir detective and lends a bit more feeling of progression to what's otherwise a rather detached sequence of scenes.
I prefer the ending of the theatrical cut with the footage of Deckard and Rachel in the car, too - the Final Cut's ending is too "le epic tweest" and turns the entire movie into a Shyamalan short story, almost.

theatrical or the final

Don't bother. The movie sucks

youtube.com/watch?v=_VseQe4TFsg

none are worth watching. its boring as fuck no matter the cut.

It sucks that there isn't a perfect cut of this movie. All they had to do was not insert the stupid unicorn shit but no, Ridley Scott had to compromise the movie's themes just to have an epic twist that is ultimately meaningless. Deckard being a replicant adds literally nothing to the movie, I don't get why Ridley Scott is so adamant about it

he's a hack with a 50/50 good to bad movie ratio

it was only added because it tested poorly with dumb american audiences who needed to be spoonfed the entire way through. It adds nothing of value to the film.

fuck off red letter media drone, have your own opinion for once

This unironically. 2049 is a sophisticated experience which requires an intimate understanding of Blade Runner, to watch.

>I want to watch this for the first time, so which edition should I watch first?
The theatrical one. The same one we all watched back in the day. It still holds up just fine.

fuck off cunt, it's the worst version, stop spreading this disinformation

>MUH DECKARD IS LE REPLICANT
no thanks Ridley you can shove your final cut up your fucking ass

>what's otherwise a rather detached sequence of scenes
i felt that way at first but that's what i love about it now, it's got a unique energy to it

The moron cut is the best.

youtube.com/watch?v=h1SQ5ZrXsFs

Ridley Scott is such a shitty director, it's truly amazing he made Alien and Blade Runner when most of his filmography is shit

The final cut is too blue. I stick with the theatrical or director's cut.

I’ve tried them all and fell asleep 7 times

Final Cut is pretty much the definitive cut minus a few pet peeves you can honestly ignore.

Workprint is good if you want to see some extended shots and different music, I personally prefer how they hold on holden lying over the desk at the start of the film rather than cutting it short like in every version.

International/Theatrical and the 1990 Director's Cut are pretty much the same film except the 1990 is just the theatrical cut without the narration.

The 2049 version, it's better in every way.

>aight

Attached: 1563400062565.png (454x520, 13K)

He already comprimised the movie's themes by barely exploring them in the first place. Blade Runner is pseudo-trash for easily impressed normies. It's not deep, or clever, or even original. It's like fast food dressed up as gourmet cuisine.

this. 2049 has everything that made the original good (world building, atmosphere, visuals, sounds) while fixing what made the original shit (2049 actually has a story where things happen)

>visuals
cope
it's a hacked together mess nowhere near the original visually

elaborate