Why did he hesitate to shoot Sarah Conner?

This is what's always bugged me about the Terminator film. He shoots everyone else with speed and accuracy except his target.

Attached: terminator1.jpg (978x670, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5O5MRaJSnX8
youtube.com/watch?v=YSr9s7Oufrc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Questioning Father Cameron

Attached: reply.png (1920x1080, 1.8M)

Terrible writing.

He had to verify that this was truly Sarah Conner before blowing out her brains and therefore not being potentially able to verify if that is indeed Sarah Conner

I'd say so. For example, why does the Terminator need a laser sight on a gun?

>He shoots everyone else with speed
umm no

didn't realize sarah connor was a hindu

Care to explain? "Um no" doesn't refute what I said. He took out an entire building of police in a matter of minutes. He shoots everyone in that movie in under 3 seconds, but he pauses on Sarah Connor in the night club for at least 10 seconds standing only a few feet away. Sure, he didn't shoot the gun store clerk fast but he didn't hesitate either. It isn't like he pointed the gun at his, paused, and then shot him. He just shoots him.

Every single movie that ever existed has plotholes.

>10 seconds
it was in slow-mo dude

a good portion of those police were only shot after he had been shot by them and reacted

he's used to the no recoil of plasma guns so the laser helps him make followup shots if needed

He's wondering what's wrong with his laser sight. It's all big and shit

because then then the movie wouldn't happen. don't you retards understand that some things happen in movies for dramatic effect?

They also could have written it so that the Reese intervenes right before Arnie lines up a shot. It moght have been quicker and perhaps more jarring/confusing, so they didn't. They opted to make it seem like all hope was lost, but then the hero comes in and saves the day. That is what you get.

it was the make him feel like he's in the future war fighting with his brobots cuz he's homesick and shit so whenever he's getting ready to shoot someone he can pretend it's a laser and go "pew pew" in his terminator mind

Powered by Windows.

Originally James Cameron had Arnold say "YOU WON'T BE BACK" when he was targeting Sarah with the laser sight. He took the line out of the final cut of the film, but he couldn't cut out the delay in firing Arnold made saying the words.

haha

You will never advance across an 1980's dance floor full of qt blondes on your way to liquidate Sarah Conner, why even live ?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 91K)

He was savoring the moment , sweet sweet victory.

>T1
>t800's eye gets damaged
>uses sunglasses to hide it

>T2
>t800's face is normal
>uses sunglasses because it's epic!!

The reality is: John Conner and Kyle Reese were co-workers at a 3M sales branch in 2034. They were good buddies who liked to play practical jokes on each other. This game of one-up manship culminated in Kyle reprogramming the janitor bot and using the company time machine in an attempt to become John's dad as the ultimate joke.
The T-1000 was never meant to kill Sarah, just really sell the lie Kyle was weaving to get her in the sack so he could bang his friend's mom.
This lead to the fall of mankind, but man if you could see the look on John's face you would know that it was totally worth it.

this. If the movie was "realistic", Arnie would've shot her instantly from where he stood as soon as he spotted her; since he's a super advanced robot assassin he can 360 noscope her without hesitating

What would it have done after killing all the sarah connors in LA . Kill all sarah conners in USA Mexcio ? wait in cave for skynet,?
did it have a secondary target?

>because then then the movie wouldn't happen
t. doesn't know shit about writing

To help him aim? Same reason anyone else would use one

Attached: 1563111044097.png (391x528, 808K)

>b-b-b-b-b-bad to the bone!

Attached: 1562232663732.jpg (227x226, 5K)

A robot like the terminator wouldn't be affected by recoil from a handgun. He's made of a metal skeleton and probably weighs a lot

His facial recognition algorithm was double checking . Measure twice, cut once .

The laser sight is just there for the le ebin cool spoopy effect, anyone with half a brain knows it. A machine like the Terminator has basically perfect aim when in optimal (i.e. not driving) scenarios, specially with gay handguns

tell me how you would have written the scene and made it exciting.

does he not fire? Iirc he fires the rifle in the next frame but he gets shot by Reece at the same with his shotgun so the shots becomes misses and he, the terminator, shoots the woman in yellow who facesits sarah. the terminators weapons is throbbing, he is loaded and about to penetrate sarah with bullets again and then reece booms him with shotguns blast, first in back that makes the terminator spin around 360 degrees then he gets shot in fron and he is believed dead by everyone except reese who know he isn't human and tells sarah
>if you wanna be alive you follow me
as she gives him hand

fucking smartass zoomers with their "realism". You went to cinema to escape real life back in the 80's.

just as he's about to shoot, a popup on his terminator vision proclaims: We're making windows better, we know what we're doing.

I think the best explanation for using the laser would be obstruction detection between the muzzle and target since he fires from the hips and keeps his vision always on target

>everything is right where you left it

Cameron will sometimes overstep pure logic because something looks good visually, he has admitted to this
but not in a way that will annoy anyone but the most autistic people
things like the shot of the terminator aiming at the phone after the kill makes it worth it
it's nice little added details like this that make the movie great

Attached: terminator01.webm (1280x720, 2.84M)

Like he did with the other 2 Sarah Conners?

The shot was in slow motion you dumb bastard

Based

I haven't seen it in years but didn't he double check the other Sarah Conners to make sure? He didn't wanna shoot the wrong girl and scare away actual Sarah Conner

Because he was enjoying his evening at Tech Noir, on Pico.

the makers were guessing how ai eyes would work. I mean look at that red-vision effect.

We never say the second sarah and the first he talked to her at door first

youtube.com/watch?v=5O5MRaJSnX8

Because he loved her deep in his programming.

/thread

youtube.com/watch?v=YSr9s7Oufrc

One of the most famous shootouts in movie history! (In my opinion.)

On this scene, the Terminator tried to kill Sarah Connor but Kyle Reece stopped it by shooting it with a shotgun and caused a gunfight between them. All credit goes to MGM! Enjoy folks!

This scene is in slow motion unless im rememberong it wrong therefor its not in real time

Speilbergian time-stretching editing

If I was a billionaire I would open a nightclub that is an exact replica of Tech-Noir.

>wait in cave for skynet
If you'd seen The Sarah Connor Chronicles you'd know this is basically what every Terminator sent back from the future is programmed to do once they've completed their mission.

>The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Attached: 184.gif (300x167, 398K)

That was close

Attached: 12231.jpg (2560x1080, 927K)

you could do that for a~ hundred thousand

Cameron wanted the gun to shoot real bullets for added authenticity which is why they had a body double for this scene in case something goes wrong

you wouldn't be a billionaire because with retarded ideas like that you'd spend all your money very quickly

It was in slow motion you fucking dweeb. It was probably faster in reality (real-time filming)

Attached: A90231E8-236B-4105-8193-F17D01127EFC.jpg (750x600, 48K)

You sure about that? I thought it was because firing blanks at such close range is dangerous

It's called creating tension in a scene. You have a better way you want to film that scene?

He's still a machine, he went inside a dark and loud club, he needs more time to process shit.

I bet none of the chicks even had tattoos. What happened?

Based retarded zoomer

This.

he runs on like 34k ram

did you actually think that was true? yeah your blanks at close range theory is plausible

I always found it kinda funny how Arnie blinks and flinches every time he shoots the gun cuz of the blanks. Pussy post Nazi germany genetics I guess.

OOHTSIE NYEIN MILLYMEATHER

Roger Moore also does this in every Bond movie of his

I could believe it, they did some crazy shit back then. Using real shotguns in The Evil Dead and Dawn of the Dead and such

I wouldn't do it until I had silly money so when the bar went tits up I wouldn't care about the lost money.

I'll remind you we have a billionaire who made flamethrowers for the lulz

Why didn't the Terminator just fuck Sarah Connor? He probably has a flesh penis and was a virgin, and he a ton of time to finish the job so might well enjoy himself?

"flamethrower"

It was a slow-mo scene you braindead retard

Hey, that guy didn't pay!

for me its blue top girl

Attached: tech-noir.png (853x480, 611K)

"Its on Pico" What a movie the only bad thing about it is its too short it feels like its missing a middle

Attached: terminator-clip-3.png (704x555, 399K)

Based Arnie UZI firing pose

Attached: Tech-Noir-e1487853831592.png (640x370, 221K)